Why did this crazy-assed, drunk white man with a gun get a pass?

This crazy-assed, drunk white dude, jaywalking, confronted by cops, refuses to put down his gun. He was not carrying ID.

The cops talked patiently with him for 10 full minutes.

The crazy-assed, drunk white dude was talking about revolution. His name is Joseph Houseman. I wonder if his name is associated with a Tea Party chapter in Michigan...

This incident happened in Kalamazoo, Michigan in May 2014.

I wonder how patient the cops would have treated him had he not been white.

The man was never charged. Why was this man never charged? Why does a crazy-assed, drunken white senior man get a pass for breaking the law?

Hmmmmm.....

Had it been a black guy, he would be on a trip to 6 feet under....

If the big black man had aimed the weapon at anyone, probably so.

Look here, took me LESS than 2 minutes to find this

Gunman Surrenders After SWAT Standoff High-Speed Pursuit Manhunt NBC Southern California

Armed black man taken into custody ALIVE after a stand off

Jesys

Thanks for the quick reply.

Okay...ask yourself why the cops didn't gun him down.

I'm compelled to call the cases listed in the OP and the one you highlighted equal in one sense of the word.

The cameras were on.

When cameras are on, everyone acts more in accordance of the official policies of their entity. Did you see the Little League World Series last month? Do you think that every coach talks to his players the way THOSE coaches who were miked-up and on camera do? When the manager is around, the sales clerks are much more polite than they are otherwise. When the principal is evaluating teachers in the back of the class, the teachers are much more formal.

Light is the best disinfectant.

Guarantee you that if the camera was on the gentleman shot in St. Louis this past month, he would still be alive.

It didn't help the other guy in St Louis a couple of days after Brown was shot.

This crazy-assed, drunk white dude, jaywalking, confronted by cops, refuses to put down his gun. He was not carrying ID.

The crazy-assed, drunk white dude was talking about revolution. His name is Joseph Houseman. I wonder if his name is associated with a Tea Party chapter in Michigan...

The man was never charged. Why was this man never charged? Why does a crazy-assed, drunken white senior man get a pass for breaking the law?

Hmmmmm.....

well you racist fucking low life

he didn't jaywalk and has the right to carry.

but a bunch of leftist pussies like you, got scared of the old man in pj's and called the cops.

How does it feel to be this fucking dumb?
How does it feel to be scared of the fact that people own guns?

Tsk, tsk, another RWNJ with anger problems in USMB.

He was jaywalking and he didn't have his ID with him, which is in violation of Michigan law.

No he did not jay walk

you are lying, you know you are lying and just wanted, so bad, for the man to be killed.

you are so full of hate that you need more blood to be satisfied.

Let's be fair to the ignoramus, the cop in the video said the guy crossed the street in front of him. So far that's about the only thing the dickhead got right.

uh, no, the cop lied about the jay walking so that he could lie to the man about what he could charge him with

You have no evidence of that, now who's pulling shit out of their ass?

[
"Police give white guys a chance but kill black guys"

When the TV cameras are on, people are all too eager to play by the rules. That is the takeaway.
The takeaway is you have your head firmly up your ass.
Cops know and are told that the camera is ALWAYS on. Because there is always some citizen with a camera taking pics. The Rodney King thing started that.
There were cameras in Ferguson. None of them captured what happened but the cops didnt know that. And they may not have known they were being filmed here.
So another "point" by you revealed to be total and complete bullshit.

Hmmmmm.....

but a bunch of leftist pussies like you, got scared of the old man in pj's and called the cops.

He was jaywalking and he didn't have his ID with him, which is in violation of Michigan law.

No he did not jay walk

you are lying, you know you are lying and just wanted, so bad, for the man to be killed.

Let's be fair to the ignoramus, the cop in the video said the guy crossed the street in front of him. So far that's about the only thing the dickhead got right.

uh, no, the cop lied about the jay walking so that he could lie to the man about what he could charge him with

I dont know. I didnt see him cross any street. Maybe the cop exaggerated so he would have something to where he could approach the guy. Maybe he had crossed the street prior to video start. We just dont know here.

Hmmmmm.....

No he did not jay walk

I dont know. I didnt see him cross any street. Maybe the cop exaggerated so he would have something to where he could approach the guy. Maybe he had crossed the street prior to video start. We just dont know here.

The police did not charge the old white dude with anything, so that means he was not drunk and did not jaw walk, thus resisting & obstruction charges were baseless.

The police did not charge the old white dude with anything, so that means he was not drunk and did not jaw walk, thus resisting & obstruction charges were baseless.
Or they lacked sufficient evidence. Or the charges werent serious enough given the totality of what happened. Who knows?

Hmmmmm.....

No he did not jay walk

Incorrect. You can ABSOLUTELY be charged with resisting arrest even if no other charges are filed.

Hmmmmm.....

No he did not jay walk

Incorrect. You can ABSOLUTELY be charged with resisting arrest even if no other charges are filed.

The police would be sued for false arrest if they did something that stupid.

Hmmmmm.....

No he did not jay walk

The police would be sued for false arrest if they did something that stupid.

Again incorrect

Police make arrests when they think a crime has been committed. Prosecuting attorneys determine whether charges should be filed.

An arrest is lawful as long as a LEO believes in good faith that a crime has been committed.

So yes, a police officer could believe say that you stole gas, and go to affect an arrest and say you resist, then he finally arrests you then it turns out you didn't steal the gas. you could still be charged with resisting arrest.

You have the right to resist an UNLAWFUL arrest, but it is YOUR responsibility to know what unlawful arrest means, you clearly do not, so I advise not resisting.

Hmmmmm.....

Had it been a black guy, he would be on a trip to 6 feet under....

If the big black man had aimed the weapon at anyone, probably so.

Look here, took me LESS than 2 minutes to find this

Gunman Surrenders After SWAT Standoff High-Speed Pursuit Manhunt NBC Southern California

Armed black man taken into custody ALIVE after a stand off

Jesys

Thanks for the quick reply.

Okay...ask yourself why the cops didn't gun him down.

I'm compelled to call the cases listed in the OP and the one you highlighted equal in one sense of the word.

The cameras were on.

When cameras are on, everyone acts more in accordance of the official policies of their entity. Did you see the Little League World Series last month? Do you think that every coach talks to his players the way THOSE coaches who were miked-up and on camera do? When the manager is around, the sales clerks are much more polite than they are otherwise. When the principal is evaluating teachers in the back of the class, the teachers are much more formal.

Light is the best disinfectant.

Guarantee you that if the camera was on the gentleman shot in St. Louis this past month, he would still be alive.

Not if he rushed the police officer like he did on his last day on Earth. He is burning in Hell today.

Well, Rabid is the definition of stupid, ignorant people. A white man with a gun threatoning to kill people is just someone having a bad day. But a black teenager jaywalking is a threat to society and should be gunned down.

The white guy didn't attack the cop in his car, the black guy did. If someone attacks me in my car, I'm going to kill them.....

This is the problem with stupid ignorant people. They cannot see differences between two similar but different situations.
The man was not presenting an immediate threat. I cant even tell if the gun is loaded. Yeah he was drunk and obnoxious but he never pointed the gun at anyone. And as far as I can tell he never had his finger on the trigger. The jaywalking charge is just trumped up bullshit.

I cant even tell if the gun is loaded. Famous last words

"look at me everyone I'm a liberal, so that means even though I don't have a fucking clue about police procedure, believe guns kill people of their own accord, believe that all black men are angels inspire of ALL the evidence to the contrary and beleve all cops are racists despite the evidence that my opinion should be as important as someone's who actually has made arrests"

Hmmmmm.....

Hang on, he refused to put down his gun? But a guy in a toy store has a toy gun and gets shot dead?

WTF?

Hmmmmm.....

Hang on, he refused to put down his gun? But a guy in a toy store has a toy gun and gets shot dead?

WTF?

Those cops in that story should be well and truly fucked.

Hmmmmm.....

I can only assume from your post, Stats...that what you'd like to have seen happen here is for the police to open fire on this man, kill him...and that would somehow make you feel better about Michael Brown's death? Is that where you're going with this?

If you listen closely to the police communications you would have noted that the officer who eventually crossed the street to take the weapon did so with the verbal understanding that if the man went for his weapon that his fellow officers would in fact shoot him.

The police handled this situation properly. The man never put his hand near the trigger of that weapon...nor did he point it anywhere except up. I can assure you that if he HAD pointed that weapon at officers that he would have been shot and killed.

The cops handled it the right way. If he was black maybe everything would have went the same. Only the last frame would have been different. The guy would have been lying with his face mashed into the concrete and six heavy cops on top of him wrenching his arms behind his back to jam on the handcuffs. No I'm not a Clairvoyant, just a realist.

The cops handled it the right way. If he was black maybe everything would have went the same. Only the last frame would have been different. The guy would have been lying with his face mashed into the concrete and six heavy cops on top of him wrenching his arms behind his back to jam on the handcuffs. No I'm not a Clairvoyant, just a realist.

I was actually amazed that didn't happen to this guy to be honest with you...I was waiting for him to get swarmed. That's almost a given in a situation like that regardless of the the color of your skin.

The cop that went up to him and took away the gun was a pretty laid back police officer. I'm talking REALLY laid back!

I was actually amazed that didn't happen to this guy to be honest with you...I was waiting for him to get swarmed. That's almost a given in a situation like that regardless of the the color of your skin.

Which was EXACTLY the point of the OP. Why did this dude get a pass?

Thank you for supporting my opening statement (in the title).

Forum List

Back