🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why Didn't George W. Bush Close The Borders?

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
They had ample time 8 years to be exact. 6 of which they were in full-control.

If the Republicans feel so strongly about this matter, why the HECK is the border still open and not closed/sealed as you now say is the most important thing ever?

Did Bush fail you? If so, are you denouncing him for that?

Seem that Republicans have a love/hate relationship with GW.

What gives?

If the Republicans feel so strongly about this matter, why the HECK is the border still open and not closed/sealed as you now say is the most important thing ever?

What gives?

They were in control for only 4 years and all those years with 51 senators. But to the point neither party is interested for different reasons.

Clinton abandoned the very industries that have saved today's economy from certain ruin.

Crude oil and natural gas.

And Obama proposes to do the same - with over $40 billion new taxes that will decimate jobs and render us hostage to increased imports of oil and natural gas.

Fuck Liberals for they are the bane of our existence.

Well, I haven't seen any Republican give a valid good thing Bush did during his term.
Yet, you demonize, bash and attack Obama for doing and/or allowing the same. exact. things that Bush did.
In this case, not closing the borders, but you had power for 6 of the 8 years of the Bush Regime to do so.
Do you see why it's hard to take you folks seriously?

Bush had a streak of open borders in him. Cantor's loss might make George ' s brother Jeb think twice about running on an open borders platform.

Well, I haven't seen any Republican give a valid good thing Bush did during his term.
Yet, you demonize, bash and attack Obama for doing and/or allowing the same. exact. things that Bush did.
In this case, not closing the borders, but you had power for 6 of the 8 years of the Bush Regime to do so.

4 years not 6, quit lying. And those 4 years we only had 51 Senators. You lot claimed you couldn't get shit done with 59.

Not at all. Especially considering we criticized Bush for making similiar mistakes. It shouldn't surprise anyone that when Obama makes the same mistakes and worse, that we would also oppose him.

What doesn't make sense is why so many people who condemned Bush support Obama for the same thing he did. For example, you guys criticized Bush with wire tapping foreign terrorists. The NSA is doing far worse under Obama and too many of you are absolutely silent or even openly supporting him.

Bush had a streak of open borders in him. Cantor's loss might make George ' s brother Jeb think twice about running on an open borders platform.

Which means if Jeb runs, he will lie about his position and then do what he wants went he gets into office.

What gives?

Where's the fence? Another law ignored by Obama:eusa_clap:

President Bush at Secure Fence Act signing...
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI5WRGsbY6o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI5WRGsbY6o[/ame]

Last edited:
But where was the FERVER from the rest of the Party?

4 years not 6, quit lying. And those 4 years we only had 51 Senators. You lot claimed you couldn't get shit done with 59.
So you say.

Listen guys, my point is simple. No one on the Republican side made it an issue when THEY HAD THE BEST CHANCE to do something about it during Bush's two terms.

All of sudden it's a crisis now.

It smacks of disengenousness to put it mildly.

I'm sure you all can see and agree with that.

Bush may have wanted immigration reform but he never completely erased the southern border like obama did.

What gives?

Bush didn't just fail republicans. He failed everybody.

But where was the FERVER from the rest of the Party?

So you say.

Listen guys, my point is simple. No one on the Republican side made it an issue when THEY HAD THE BEST CHANCE to do something about it during Bush's two terms.

All of sudden it's a crisis now.

It smacks of disengenousness to put it mildly.

I'm sure you all can see and agree with that.

I can list them for you. You see the first 2 years he was in office the Senate was controlled by the DEMOCRATS. Shall I link you to the facts?

If the Republics feel so strongly about this matter, why the HECK is the border still open and not closed/sealed as you now say is the most important thing ever?

What gives?

Because dubya and the rest of the republicans dearly want amnesty and open borders. Both parties dont want the cheap labor and extra votes to stop coming.

Forum List

Back