Why do Americans hate hippies?

I became a hippie in 1968 because their ideology was "Peace, love and brotherhood". Right wingers have always hated that stuff. They say it is weakness.....just like Hitler and Mussolini believed. But it really takes a strong person to carry that hippie flag all these years. "We shall overcome."
There's nothing wrong with peace, love, and brotherhood. The problem is that it's never actually about these things for hippies. It's about freedom from any responsibility to themselves or society and the delusional belief that you're powerful enough to save the world and smart enough to make utopia work. It's typically lost on them that utopia not working is kind of the point. If hippies didn't utterly reject education as being square and pointless they would realize the name itself is a pun pointing to this fact. It's both "good place" and "not place" in Greek.

Last edited:
I became a hippie in 1968 because their ideology was "Peace, love and brotherhood". Right wingers have always hated that stuff. They say it is weakness.....just like Hitler and Mussolini believed. But it really takes a strong person to carry that hippie flag all these years. "We shall overcome."
There's nothing wrong with peace, love, and brotherhood. The problem is that it's never actually about these things for hippies. It's about freedom from any responsibility to themselves or society and the delusional belief that you're powerful enough to save the world and smart enough to make utopia work. It's typically lost on them that utopia not working is kind of the point. If hippies didn't utterly reject education as being square and pointless they would realize the name itself is a pun pointing to this fact. It's both "good place" and "not place" in Greek.

Can't say never...here's proof....
Rainbow Family of Living Light Unofficial Home Page

My first gathering was in 1977 and that was the fifth one. They're still happening every year, with up to 30,000 hippies getting together to stand up for our constitutional right to the freedom of assembly. We all do our share to make it happen, and no one is in charge. Lots of "peace, love and brotherhood" and also lots of "sex, drugs and rocknroll". If you can't get laid at the gathering, you can't get laid anywhere. On the 4th of July we all gather at the main circle for a prayer for peace. I've seen a rainbow circle the sun with no clouds in the sky during that prayer, and I wasn't even dosed at the time.

Damn lay off the butter!

Meghan+McCain+25th+Annual+GLAAD+Media+Awards+kkvic_ql9LPl.jpg

Maybe you should demand that God give Hitler an apology.

Hitler was a megalomaniac and a fool. He could have had Germany, Slovakia and Poland but he decided he wanted everything. He overstepped.
Yeah, he wanted what the U.S. wants to be....the world dictator. The U.S. even stole all the nazi technology and smuggled in their scientists and gave them jobs. The remnant of which are the GOP.

Yeah, he wanted what the U.S. wants to be....the world dictator. The U.S. even stole all the nazi technology and smuggled in their scientists and gave them jobs. The remnant of which are the GOP.
There's always going to be a world power. It was Alexander's empire at one time. Then it was Rome, then the Muslim nation, then Britain, then the US. If libs get their way we might be seeing China or Russia as the next. The important thing isn't the identity of the power in charge. It's that they have a vested interest in keeping stability and the power to crush the groups trying to disrupt it. When Rome fell everything went to shit. With the end of the colonial powers the world saw revolution and the spread of Communism. As the power of the US fades, so too does our power to keep the world running relatively peacefully.

Captured Nazi scientists are the exact reason Alabama went from being an illliterate redneck state to being critical to the space industry btw. You might wanna look up a guy named Werner von Braun. ;)

MeghanMcCain.jpg

Damn lose some weight!
I don't understand how a straight man can fail to recognize an attractive woman when he sees one.

Last edited:

That's why I have no use for either political party or the current American political system. ISOLATIONISM should be America's ideology.

That's why I have no use for either political party or the current American political system. ISOLATIONISM should be America's ideology.

I can't believe we agree....but keep your fascism.

There's always going to be a world power. It was Alexander's empire at one time. Then it was Rome, then the Muslim nation, then Britain, then the US. If libs get their way we might be seeing China or Russia as the next. The important thing isn't the identity of the power in charge. It's that they have a vested interest in keeping stability and the power to crush the groups trying to disrupt it. When Rome fell everything went to shit. With the end of the colonial powers the world saw revolution and the spread of Communism. As the power of the US fades, so too does our power to keep the world running relatively peacefully.

Captured Nazi scientists are the exact reason Alabama went from being an illliterate redneck state to being critical to the space industry btw. You might wanna look up a guy named Werner von Braun. ;)

MeghanMcCain.jpg

Damn lose some weight!
I don't understand how a straight man can fail to recognize an attractive woman when he sees one.

I think she is a pig. I prefer the skinny hippie/stoner/rave chicks.

Okay. I guess we just have vastly different preferences in women. I wouldn't touch the average hippy chick tbh. Too many STDs in that subculture, you know? Just give me an intelligent, sweet conservative girl who's down with the house and dog and twelve kids in the country life. :D

We tried isolationism once. We got to deal with Hitler for our trouble.
No, we got Hitler because we weren't isolationists. We got Korea because we weren't isolationists. We got Vietnam because we weren't isolationists. We got 9/11 and Iraq/Afghanistan because we weren't isolationists.

Okay. I guess we just have vastly different preferences in women. I wouldn't touch the average hippy chick tbh. Too many STDs in that subculture, you know? Just give me an intelligent, sweet conservative girl who's down with the house and dog and twelve kids in the country life. :D
Barefoot, pregnant and chained to the stove. Lovely.

Forum List

Back