Why do Americans take away health insurance when a person loses a job?

I'm interested, how much does an average working American pay for health care?

SuperDave said:
I'm new to this site but accuracy doesn't seem to be a real strong point here. The statement says "the crowd yells let him die", this is simply wrong. One, perhaps two, individuals agreed with the hosts suggestion that someone who finds themselves in the position of desperately needing a major medical insurance policy but not having one should not have his medical expenses covered by money confiscated from hard working, tax paying citizens. The "crowd" did no such thing.

BTW as I pointed out I'm new here so I don't know everyone's personality yet but are you aware of how ridiculous it makes you seem when you post comments like Republicans don't like people.

Let me introduce you to conservative heroine and Republican governor...Jan Brewer..

Medicaid Cuts Killing Ariz. Transplant Patients - CBS News

And if that's not enough for ya..

Hurricane Katrina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He's another great tidbit..

Ron Paul to tornado victims: Get insurance, not federal aid | Capitol Hill Blue

So you support a mandated health insurance program?

No.

I support single payer.

HMOs are a travesty invented by Richard Nixon.

It's like no one ever heard of COBRA.

Yah COBRA. Everyone can afford 1,300/mo insurance when they lose their job.

Mine nearly doubled when I lost my job several years ago due to outsourcing to INdia.

I can tell you never used COBRA.

It's ridiculous. Any kind of health insurance your company offers after you leave is at least $500 a month. That's rent or food for the month. God forbid you have health issues and have to buy prescriptions.

And the Republican big issue right now is contraception. They're crazy.

An interesting question was posed on the Sick Around The World | FRONTLINE | PBS

"I don't understand why in America you would take away the health insurance when a person loses his job. Isn't that when she needs it?"

Read more: Advice For Consumers | Sick Around America | FRONTLINE | PBS

It's all about personnel responsibility, when a business is poorly managed they save money and earn their bonus by fucking over personnel.

So businesses can never ever fire people because business has fallen off? How about firing someone who just plain sucks at their job or who causes a business owner to lose money can they be fired?

An interesting question was posed on the Sick Around The World | FRONTLINE | PBS

"I don't understand why in America you would take away the health insurance when a person loses his job. Isn't that when she needs it?"

Read more: Advice For Consumers | Sick Around America | FRONTLINE | PBS

It's all about personnel responsibility, when a business is poorly managed they save money and earn their bonus by fucking over personnel.

So businesses can never ever fire people because business has fallen off? How about firing someone who just plain sucks at their job or who causes a business owner to lose money can they be fired?

That's not the point..is it.

People get fired for a variety of reasons..that have NOTHING to do with their performance. Sometimes it's just to make the books look good.

Ask Carly Fiorina about that.

:thup:

So you support a mandated health insurance program?

allow me, please...

:clap2:

yes

yes

and yes. any sane person would

:cool:
No sane person would support the government's ability to force them to buy a product.

Once again you idiots are confusing health insurance with health care.

We..as a country..were "forced" to pay 300 billion dollars for the Joint Strike Fighter.

A plane that hasn't been deployed. It wasn't even needed.

People get fired for a variety of reasons..that have NOTHING to do with their performance. Sometimes it's just to make the books look good.

And so what? A business owner should be able to fire anyone at any time and for any reason.

It's his business after all.

allow me, please...

yes

yes

and yes. any sane person would

:cool:
No sane person would support the government's ability to force them to buy a product.

We..as a country..were "forced" to pay 300 billion dollars for the Joint Strike Fighter.

The government has a legal constitutional right to spend money on defense it does not have the right to force us to buy things for ourselves.

And so what? A business owner should be able to fire anyone at any time and for any reason.

According to whom?

Fiorina didn't start HP. She was a hire. And she made some really..really bad decisions.

To cover them..she fired 30K people. And moved jobs overseas.

That's the CONSERVATIVE way.

The government has a legal constitutional right to spend money on defense it does not have the right to force us to buy things for ourselves.

You point to that right.

Nothing in the Constitution covers offensive weapons. Especially airplanes.

According to whom?

Fiorina didn't start HP. She was a hire. And she made some really..really bad decisions.

Again so what.

Even a CEO has to answer to someone. HP is still a privately owned business and how it is run is none of yours.

You point to that right.

Nothing in the Constitution covers education either but you're OK with that right?

Are you really trying to say that the government has a right to raise an army but it has no right to provide them with weapons because all weapons are used for offense. What are we supposed to do send soldiers out with sticks?

Last edited:

According to whom?

Again so what.

Even a CEO has to answer to someone. HP is still a privately owned business and how it is run is none of yours.

HP gets a shit ton of government business and subsidies. Of course how it's run is my business. Unless of course you are suggesting that should stop.

You point to that right.

Nothing in the Constitution covers education either but you're OK with that right?

Are you really trying to say that the government has a right to raise an army but it has no right to provide them with weapons because all weapons are used for offense. What are we supposed to do send soldiers out with sticks?

Answering a question with a question?

Oh yeah..nothing in the constitution about invading and knocking over other countries, either..chief.

According to whom?

Again so what.

HP gets a shit ton of government business and subsidies. Of course how it's run is my business. Unless of course you are suggesting that should stop.

No business should get subsidies or bail outs, ever.

I have always held that opinion

You point to that right.

Oh yeah..nothing in the constitution about invading and knocking over other countries, either..chief.

And where did I say I supported invading countries?

I never supported the invasion of Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam or Korea or any of the other undeclared wars we have been involved in.

Again so what.

How about buying stuff from private enterprise? Should taxpayers be on the hook for that?

Do you also hold the opinion that government should stay out of labor/managment disputes?

And where did I say I supported invading countries?

I never supported the invasion of Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam or Korea or any of the other undeclared wars we have been involved in.

The Constitution mandates the navy be funded..and that the army be funded as needed by consenus of congress every 2 years. It also mandates that this force be used to defend the country and suppress insurrection.

You dispute that?

How about buying stuff from private enterprise? Should taxpayers be on the hook for that?

Do you also hold the opinion that government should stay out of labor/managment disputes?

The government has need of hard goods I don't deny that fact therefore the government must purchase some things.

But the government should purchase those things on the free market without promising quid quo pro deals to businesses.

And purchasing those items is certainly more cost effective than the government manufacturing everything it needs.

The reduction to the ridiculous you are attempting here is failing.

Forum List

Back