why do cons despise government workers, but “support” the military?

they are the same thing. We haven’t had a draft in 40 + years . We don’t have volunteers, we have a professional military . They are just as much fed employees as some border patrol worker .

Why do cons have this double standard with fed workers ?

And for that matter , why is the military being paid during the shutdown?

Tammy equates the military with "government workers". What an ahole!

Yes I do . Cause that’s what they are . Why do you consider “government workers” to be a bad thing ?
I don't consider them as "bad". Just tell me how many of them died in Iraq.

Yes, with most documents you can. Electronic signatures are legal for most documents. If an original is necessary, the documents are emailed to the recipient and FedEx or UPS is used to return the documents because they are more reliable, efficient and have better-tracking systems.

I see tracking systems six days a week. No, the others frequently mislead customers in to believing their package is available when it is not. They all use bar coding, so explain how one is better than another.

They're private and have to satisfy customers and the USPS doesn't give a rip. They stay in business no matter what. Just look at the massive losses racked up by the USPS.

I have been a Realtor in the panhandle of Florida for over forty years. I go back to when the only way I could get documents to, say Miami and back in two days was, 1. Drive them there and back (1 day, 1,000 miles) or 2. Put the documents in a manila envelope or equal. Take to the local Greyhound bus station. Pay an enormous fee. The Miami bus then takes the envelope to the designated Miami post office. The recipient then went to the bus station, picked up the package and took it somewhere to find a notary, sign, witness and notarize the documents. Back into an envelope, back to the bus station, pay another fee, a bus takes envelope back to the Panhandle bus station. The agent goes to bus station picks up the envelope and takes it to the closing. Instant closing, only three days MAYBE two.

The USPS is much like all other brick and mortar businesses which were either driven out of business or were dragged kicking and screaming to providing additional services.

So far behind was/is the USPS one day service is that they lease space on FedEx and UPS aircraft.

Why do Libtards love the filthy government so much and hate the military?

Big talk from someone who has confederate flags as his avatar .

So what? I'm proud of my Southern birth.

Flags%20Special%20Stupid_zps5qxr9gko-S.jpg

Well that navy seal would be full of himself then . Both work for the gov and get a gov paycheck .

It’s insulting to say one deserves to be paid and the other doesn’t .

You don't really mean that! Do you?

You do know that all government employees will get paid for every day of the government shut down...don't you?

They're private and have to satisfy customers and the USPS doesn't give a rip. They stay in business no matter what. Just look at the massive losses racked up by the USPS.

I have been a Realtor in the panhandle of Florida for over forty years. I go back to when the only way I could get documents to, say Miami and back in two days was, 1. Drive them there and back (1 day, 1,000 miles) or 2. Put the documents in a manila envelope or equal. Take to the local Greyhound bus station. Pay an enormous fee. The Miami bus then takes the envelope to the designated Miami post office. The recipient then went to the bus station, picked up the package and took it somewhere to find a notary, sign, witness and notarize the documents. Back into an envelope, back to the bus station, pay another fee, a bus takes envelope back to the Panhandle bus station. The agent goes to bus station picks up the envelope and takes it to the closing. Instant closing, only three days MAYBE two.

The USPS is much like all other brick and mortar businesses which were either driven out of business or were dragged kicking and screaming to providing additional services.

So far behind was/is the USPS one day service is that they lease space on FedEx and UPS aircraft.

UPS tops FedEx in customer satisfaction, as Amazon appears on the horizon

USPS customer satisfaction rises as UPS and FedEx slide

Interesting comparison:

USPS vs UPS vs FedEx: Which Shipping Carrier Is Best? | Merchant Maverick

As to the losses comment:

While it’s true that letter mail has declined, technology has led to a rise in package delivery stemming from e-commerce — and the overall result has been sufficient to produce operating profits in three of the past four years, averaging nearly $1 billion annually. That, mind you, without a dime of taxpayer money; by law, USPS relies on earned revenue for its operations. So if USPS takes in more money than it spends on normal business expenses (including health benefits and pensions), why is there red ink? The answer has little to do with technology or employees and everything to do with flawed public policy. In 2006, Congress mandated that USPS do something no other U.S. entity, public or private, is required to do: pre-fund future retiree health benefits decades into the future. That $5.8 billion annual charge accounts for almost all postal “losses.”

Opinion | The Postal Service is operating at a profit

I care about my customers.

UPS tops FedEx in customer satisfaction, as Amazon appears on the horizon

USPS customer satisfaction rises as UPS and FedEx slide

Interesting comparison:

USPS vs UPS vs FedEx: Which Shipping Carrier Is Best? | Merchant Maverick

As to the losses comment:

While it’s true that letter mail has declined, technology has led to a rise in package delivery stemming from e-commerce — and the overall result has been sufficient to produce operating profits in three of the past four years, averaging nearly $1 billion annually. That, mind you, without a dime of taxpayer money; by law, USPS relies on earned revenue for its operations. So if USPS takes in more money than it spends on normal business expenses (including health benefits and pensions), why is there red ink? The answer has little to do with technology or employees and everything to do with flawed public policy. In 2006, Congress mandated that USPS do something no other U.S. entity, public or private, is required to do: pre-fund future retiree health benefits decades into the future. That $5.8 billion annual charge accounts for almost all postal “losses.”

Opinion | The Postal Service is operating at a profit

I care about my customers.

Yes . In fact , many people in the military have the exact same job as those in regular government.

so-what-baby-S.jpg
And Trump gives away secret and classified material to the Russians for free.

Reports: Trump Gave Classified Info To Russians During White House Visit

gettyimages-681528440_wide-fa45f045b5a911ecc418c44871b37967de2c787d-s1400-c85.jpg

Trump: You don't need to spy. Just tell me what it is you want to know!

I presume you know that the President may declassify anything he wants, anytime he wants. What did he disclose which damaged our security?

How many classified documents were disclosed on the hidden Clinton server and on the laptop of private citizen Anthony Weiner?

They are not allowed to close offices . Cause the locals freak and complain to their congressmen.

They can’t refuse to deliver mail to way out places that are too expensive .

Of course, they close offices. I've SOLD closed offices. As to mail to "way out" places, that makes up what, one-tenth of one percent of their business?

I am curious about one thing and I've not been able to find it on the web. How many pieces of first-class mail are handled by the USPS each year over the past, say 40-years?

they are the same thing.

Really? I'm sure the Navy Seal would totally agree with you he's exactly the same as some guy pushing papers at the EPA. What a completely idiotic premise.

Well that navy seal would be full of himself then . Both work for the gov and get a gov paycheck .

That Navy Seal probably gets a fraction of the pay a fat ass Federal bureaucrat gets.

they are the same thing.

Really? I'm sure the Navy Seal would totally agree with you he's exactly the same as some guy pushing papers at the EPA. What a completely idiotic premise.

That Navy Seal probably gets a fraction of the pay a fat ass Federal bureaucrat gets.
You know you could look stuff up, right? When someone on the USMB brings stuff up, I go look it up so I know what I'm talking about. Here is the chart for Government workers:

General Schedule (GS) Base Pay Scale for 2018

Here are military charts:

2018 Military Pay Chart 2.4% (All Pay Grades)

I think how it works is that for GS, there is only one pay scale.

But for the military, you have E, which is for Enlisted and O which is for commissioned officer.

I don't know how it is now, but years ago, You got like half of your pay for life if you retired after 20 years and it went up for every year you stayed in after that. I don't know what it is now.

If it's confusing, the military chart pay is by month, federal employee is by year.

Officers get paid handsomely.

And the military get bonuses, war zone pay and so on.

And they deserve every cent they get.

As of right now, at least 42,000 coast guard are working and not getting paid.

It's a disgrace.

I'll tell you one thing that makes we sick with anger are right wingers who go on about illegals coming here and killing border agents and they want to waste money on a wall. That money should be used for better weapons, a fence, body armor, drones, sensors, training and more staff.

Not some fuking and idiotic cement wall you could scale with a ladder. Spend the money where it's needed. Not wasted on nonsense.

If you can defeat it with a ladder, then 20 to 75 billion is nonsense. Waste all your money on nonsense, you put border guards in danger.

It's a disgrace.

I'll tell you one thing that makes we sick with anger are right wingers who go on about illegals coming here and killing border agents and they want to waste money on a wall. That money should be used for better weapons, a fence, body armor, drones, sensors, training and more staff.

Not some fuking and idiotic cement wall you could scale with a ladder. Spend the money where it's needed. Not wasted on nonsense.

If you can defeat it with a ladder, then 20 to 75 billion is nonsense. Waste all your money on nonsense, you put border guards in danger.

How%20desperate%20are%20you-S.jpg

It's a disgrace.

How%20desperate%20are%20you-S.jpg
I'm curious. Are you OK with this?

Trump revealed intelligence secrets to Russians in Oval Office: officials | Reuters

they are the same thing. We haven’t had a draft in 40 + years . We don’t have volunteers, we have a professional military . They are just as much fed employees as some border patrol worker .

Military people and some other government employees serve the people. Others, unfortunately, exist to serve the government. We have bureaucracies that exist to tax, monitor and go after us.

Military people put their lives on the line to protect this country. Bureaucrats tend to be paid far more than military despite not doing as much to earn it.

Government is bloated. Mostly because they've expanded and yet they are still inefficient.

Some government is needed and we have some good people that actually want to serve the public, as intended. We have others who abuse their positions and power-hungry people are attracted to certain jobs, such as government agencies that often have way more power than the constitution ever intended to allow.

Military people give up a lot. They are away from families, live in horrible conditions at times, and sometimes get seriously injured or die doing their job. If you can't appreciate that, you are part of what's wrong with this country right now.

Who needs a paycheck more . A trooper in the outskirts of Afghan , or the border patrol agent in El Paso ?
Like you and Democrats give a damn about either...Democrats refused to listen to BPAs who attempted to brief them on what's going on at the border, called for eliminating ICE, and now you are arguing for defunding the military, leaving us defenseless, during the Democrats' shutdown.

You and Democrats are only concerned with keeping illegal immigration going to keep future illegal voters coming in and keeping cop killer sanctuary-providing illegal Sanctuary Cities open.

Trump's the guy who's hired illegals you know. He probably finagled his present wife into becoming legal. Don't bother me at all, just saying. He bitches about illegals but uses them all the same. Such a hypocrite trump is.

Why do you lie?

Is it a character flaw of dishonesty or just plain stupidity?

Poor math skills. Their hero Ronald Reagan was terrible at math too. The military is extremely expensive and bloated. We could cut it by 75% and still have a vibrant military.

Define "vibrant" in relation to the military. You have no clue!

Forum List

Back