Why do democrats celebrate thanksgiving?

Aww, jitstain didn't get invited anywhere. :crybaby:

Thanksgiving is a FAMILY thing. One is thankful for one's FAMILY. You should be looking up your Puerto Rican sisters and telling them how you were wrong to not let them teach you Spanish and make up for lost time.
Yes. Democrats like it because it is very communal and buying material things and supporting free-market capitalism is not required. Plus it is not a Christian holiday so they like it even more. The only other big Democrat holidays are May Day and the Solstice.
Trump supporters are the last people who should be talking about Christianity. They`ll burn in hell just for calling themselves Christians.
Bless your heart.

And if you are you a huge hypocrite!
You hate America Because of The tribal fights with Americans.. you hate
The story.. so if you’re celebrating with your family this week you are a hypocrite. And a loser
People like you are the hater dupes obviously, brainwashed functional moron. We are still the greatest country in the world despite the GOP propaganda machine disgrace and their giveaway to the rich and screw job for everyone else the last 30 years. Praying for your recovery.
Yeah, conservatives still believe in we the people. You loons? Well.
74242754_10217821953839065_7235102422790569984_n.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
The story.. so if you’re celebrating with your family this week you are a hypocrite. And a loser
People like you are the hater dupes obviously, brainwashed functional moron. We are still the greatest country in the world despite the GOP propaganda machine disgrace and their giveaway to the rich and screw job for everyone else the last 30 years. Praying for your recovery.
View attachment 292077
Whatever, hater dupe. The Constitution will save us from the orange clown and you brainwashed fools.... Luckily Trump is a unique con man fraud mobbed up scumbag narcissist numb skull nutjob... Only the brainwashed rubes make this possible.... So enjoy this garbage you have given us. And remember when we win to enjoy our garbage. Which is actually what we need and the truth.... The whole world agrees you people are nuts....

View attachment 292077
Whatever, hater dupe. The Constitution will save us from the orange clown and you brainwashed fools.... Luckily Trump is a unique con man fraud mobbed up scumbag narcissist numb skull nutjob... Only the brainwashed rubes make this possible.... So enjoy this garbage you have given us. And remember when we win to enjoy our garbage. Which is actually what we need and the truth.... The whole world agrees you people are nuts....
America is doing better than we have in years. I know why you hate that, dupe.
75588127_3380019555372290_2331112006918078464_n.jpg

70% of all rich people were once poor,, it’s because we live in a capitalist country.. deal with it you nazi

the question isn't why DO they celebrate thanksgiving (or christmas, or new years or 4th of july)

the real question is "should we ALLOW them to!"?

Why I celebrate thanksgiving!

I have LOTS to be thankful for!

I am so thankful that I am NOT an ignorant, hate filled conservative trump supporter

I am thankful that in this booming economy I get to reap the benefits while still vociferously voicing my discontent with trump, his lies, his bad behavior and his mindless minions

I am thankful that the HOLIDAY SEASON is upon us!

I am thankful that I can wish EVERYONE a HAPPY HOLIDAY!

I am thankful that I have lots of wood and a nice old, useless, unwanted bible to start the yule fire with. A few pages at a time.

I am thankful that we are having turkey and NOT ham or Italian.

I am thankful that at todays' feast there will be no conservatives so there won't be anyone trying to TRIGGER decent people into arguments.

the question isn't why DO they celebrate thanksgiving (or christmas, or new years or 4th of july)

the real question is "should we ALLOW them to!"?

Why I celebrate thanksgiving!

I have LOTS to be thankful for!

I am so thankful that I am NOT an ignorant, hate filled conservative trump supporter

I am thankful that in this booming economy I get to reap the benefits while still vociferously voicing my discontent with trump, his lies, his bad behavior and his mindless minions

I am thankful that the HOLIDAY SEASON is upon us!

I am thankful that I can wish EVERYONE a HAPPY HOLIDAY!

I am thankful that I have lots of wood and a nice old, useless, unwanted bible to start the yule fire with. A few pages at a time.

I am thankful that we are having turkey and NOT ham or Italian.

I am thankful that at todays' feast there will be no conservatives so there won't be anyone trying to TRIGGER decent people into arguments.

I have a Koran, and an 'Out Magazine' to start mine.

70% of all rich people were once poor,, it’s because we live in a capitalist country.. deal with it you nazi
actually we have the worst upward mobility in our history and anywhere, brainwashed functional moron. Thanks to the giveaway to the rich and the screwjob for everyone else the last 35 years dumbass dupe.we have to tax the rich and the giant corporations who paid nothing their fair share and invest in America and Americans again. Read something try reality I caramba. Happy Thanksgiving!! LOL. Breaking news we have had Reagan tax rates for 30 years. Not enough and it just gets worse and worse.

And Nazis are right wing fascist capitalists like your lying scumbag Heroes.....

actually we have the worst upward mobility in our history and anywhere, brainwashed functional moron. Thanks to the giveaway to the rich and the screwjob for everyone else the last 35 years dumbass dupe.we have to tax the rich and the giant corporations who paid nothing their fair share and invest in America and Americans again. Read something try reality I caramba. Happy Thanksgiving!! LOL. Breaking news we have had Reagan tax rates for 30 years. Not enough and it just gets worse and worse.

And Nazis are right wing fascist capitalists like your lying scumbag Heroes.....
70% is bad?? What do you think it’s in Venezuela Cuba? lol

70% is bad?? What do you think it’s in Venezuela Cuba? lol
What the hell does that have to do with anything super duper? Cuba's communist and they have a great safety net considering the poverty that we have caused them and the Venezuelans. Which you don't know about of course.

Thanksgiving is a FAMILY thing. One is thankful for one's FAMILY. You should be looking up your Puerto Rican sisters and telling them how you were wrong to not let them teach you Spanish and make up for lost time.
Yes. Democrats like it because it is very communal and buying material things and supporting free-market capitalism is not required. Plus it is not a Christian holiday so they like it even more. The only other big Democrat holidays are May Day and the Solstice.

Political parties don't have fucking "holidays" ya great dumbshit.

^Boy's about as smart as a pet rock, ain't he?^

Thanksgiving originated from the Bible. God told the people that anything that they receive from Him. To receive it with thanks. This is to let Him know that they has acknowledge Him. That is why we gives thanks to Him at the dinner table. We are not suppose to do it once a year. We are suppose to do it all of the time. But Abraham Lincoln declared it to be a national Holiday, as a reminder what God has done for us. So that the people's heart will not stray away from Him. Most likely he set that date during the time of the last harvest. To celebrate the fruit of God's labors.
It says in the Bible that the very thing that God desires from us. It is to acknowledge Him through His works.

Leviticus 7:15
The meat of their fellowship offering of thanksgiving must be eaten on the day it is offered; they must leave none of it till morning.

Hosea 6:6
For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.

Exodus 16:12
I have heard the grumbling of the Israelites. Tell them, ‘At twilight you will eat meat, and in the morning you will be filled with bread. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God.’”

The Pilgrims Did Not Celebrate the First Thanksgiving in America

But we remain one nation under God, and the last act of President Abraham Lincoln when he was in office was to secure our national motto "In God We Trust" on a coin, his last act in Congress.
Bachmann: Abraham Lincoln ALMOST DIED, but added "In God We Trust" to American currency

Um, no. That was an 1861 idea of a Pennsylvania pastor who wanted "God" on his own side in the War, which of course was a brand-new idea nobody had EVER thought of before. The Treasury Sec Salmon Chase made it happen in 1863. Your text doesn't link anywhere so I assume that's Michele Bachmann :cuckoo: which would explain the atrocious research.

As for the idea of a thanksgiving observance, it's a worldwide emanation of the harvest, going back millennia since humans went from a hunter/gatherer to an agrarian model, a natural progression after toiling the fields through the year nursing one's crops, it's the bounty thereof at the end of a long sweat. As pop culture calls it, "Miller time" .

So let's not delude ourselves with false origination stories --- Thanksgiving "came from" the Babble in the same sense that Columbus "discovered" America. Something that was always there.

Last edited:
What I'm thankful for is that I never saw Communists break down anyones door and drag them away never to be seen or heard again.

Trump supporters are the last people who should be talking about Christianity. They`ll burn in hell just for calling themselves Christians.

Lay off the crack. It’s frying what’s left of your brain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back