Why do Democrats Trivialize The Threat From Radical Islam

Who is overreacting? We are trying to have a "truthful" discussion.

You don't want the truth. And you ARE overreacting. All of you who see evil Muslims behind every tree and a Commie behind every statue in Washington. There will always be people who thrive on fear, and when there is none, they'll stir up some trouble. Anything to remain miserable, which in their contorted minds is equal to happiness.
Your a hopeless stupid musilm ass kissing liberal.Its because liberal scum like you let those islamic evil beasts in this nation that 9/11 happened.Yes I blame YOU liberal!
FU!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder you type so poorly, hiding under your bed worried about the muslim boogeyman in your closet.

You don't want the truth. And you ARE overreacting.

Yep, Maj. Hasan is just misunderstood. A few verses of "Kum Bay Ya" is all he needs.

london-muslim-protest-6.jpg

We need to embrace these good people. We need to change so that we make them happy..

3313853953_8a9a5a97b7.jpg

THESE people should be killed though, how dare they say such things?

Obama Akbar!

You don't want the truth. And you ARE overreacting.

Yep, Maj. Hasan is just misunderstood. A few verses of "Kum Bay Ya" is all he needs.

london-muslim-protest-6.jpg

We need to embrace these good people. We need to change so that we make them happy..

3313853953_8a9a5a97b7.jpg

THESE people should be killed though, how dare they say such things?

Obama Akbar!

Those people are idiots...as are a large # of people out marching holding up stupid signs. Your point?

Those people are idiots...

The Tea Partiers? Do you think they should be rounded up into camps, or just summarily executed?

I understand why you embrace the Muslims. You share a common enemy, Americans.

You said Tea Partiers, not me. I was referring to the idiots in the pics you put in your post. You know, the idiot muslims you seem to think (or are lying about) I embrace.

But then again, we've seen your brand of Integrity already. :eusa_whistle:

wikipedia "In 614 the Sassanid Emperor Khosrau II ("Chosroes") removed the part of the cross as a trophy, when he captured Jerusalem. Thirteen years later, in 628, the Byzantine Emperor Heraclius defeated Khosrau and regained the relic from Shahrbaraz. He placed the cross in Constantinople at first, and took it back to Jerusalem on 21 March 630.[11] Around 1009, Christians in Jerusalem hid part of the cross and it remained hidden until the city was taken by the European knights of the First Crusade. Arnulf Malecorne, the first Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem, had the Greek Orthodox priests who were in possession of the Cross tortured in order to reveal its position.[12] The relic that Arnulf discovered was a small fragment of wood embedded in a golden cross, and it became the most sacred relic of the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem, with none of the controversy that had followed their discovery of the Holy Lance in Antioch. It was housed in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre under the protection of the Latin Patriarch, who marched with it ahead of the army before every battle.

It was captured by Saladin during the Battle of Hattin in 1187, and while some Christian rulers, like Richard the Lionheart [13], Byzantine emperor Isaac II Angelos and Tamar, Queen of Georgia, sought to ransom it from Saladin [14], the cross was not returned and subsequently disappeared from historical records."
The Sassanid Emperor Khosrau II was not a muslim and his taking of the cross in 614 was
before Islam was even a religion.

Also, the Crusades started in 1095 which was almost 100 years before the muslim commander Saladin captured the fragment of the cross.

So your claim that the Crusades were launched in order to fight for the return of Jesus's cross is pure fantasy. :doubt:

Those people are idiots...

The Tea Partiers? Do you think they should be rounded up into camps, or just summarily executed?

I understand why you embrace the Muslims. You share a common enemy, Americans.

You said Tea Partiers, not me. I was referring to the idiots in the pics you put in your post. You know, the idiot muslims you seem to think (or are lying about) I embrace.

But then again, we've seen your brand of Integrity already. :eusa_whistle:

As if there would still be pieces of wood from the REAL cross 1000 years later. :lol:

As if there would still be pieces of wood from the REAL cross 1000 years later. :lol:

Actually, the word "cross" is not used in the original Greek translation of the Bible.

It uses the words "stake" or "tree" to describe the execution device used on Jesus.

The idea of the "cross" was an innovation that was introduced to the Christian community several hundred years later. :cool:

Many on the Left see the War on Terrorism not as a war of Good versus Evil, but...Muslim resistance to foreigners who seek influence over the region's geopolitical assets and vital resources. This resistance typically takes the form of asymmetrical warfare, e.g., "terrorism". Why? -because long-colonialized regions have been denied the right to develop sophisticated weaponry.

Which is to say: The Left has a different interpretation of the War on Terrorism. They think Washington Bureaucrats strategically use national security threats (real or exaggerated) to insulate their decision making from poular review so they can create policies which, after the damage has been done, fail the smell test, like Iraq.

The Left wants the talk radio listener to think more about the very complex reality of American Power, and how that power has shaped certain regions in ways that occasionally lead to blowback, e.g., attacks against US military, financial, and foreign assets like Israel, the Pentagon, and the Twin Towers. This interpretation doesn't stem from hating America - which is the Right's favorite straw man - rather, the Left believes you can hate a Government policy (like Vietnam Iraq Kosovo Libya or the the New Deal) but still love the country. The ability to disagree with a government policy is the cornerstone of a free society.

The conflation of government policy with "the country" or "the people" is a species of fascism (which the far Right has always been sympathetic to because they are more likely to believe in an inviolable set of absolute, universal values that all must share, typically embodied in a centralized power like God or one of His earthly interlocutors like Ronald Reagan. Does the Rightwing voter ever notice how messianic Reagan, Bush, or Obama sound when they're saving the world from evil barbarians? They are so clearly trying to stamp the harsh realities of geopolitical hardball with a divine mandate)

Getting back to my point about different interpretations. The Left offers historical evidence of how Washington (a place we think you trust too much) has used military, CIA, and economic leverage to over-manage the affairs of others, e.g., Iran 1953; the Carter Doctrine which declared that the US will use military force to protect its energy interests; Reagan's support of Hussein or the mujahideen in the 80s; Reagan arming monsters on several continents from Iran to the Contras; Washington's longstanding financial and weapons support to places like Saudi Arabia & Libya; and a pattern of supporting ruthless regimes so that they will protect our regional interests. Not to mention the dizzying array of Pentagon protected business alliances, like that between Ken Lay and the Taliban when they were trying to run a pipeline through Afghanistan and Pakistan to the Indian Ocean. All of these things add immense complexity to the "good versus evil" narrative told to women, children, and republicans in order to insulate them from the evil men must do in the outlying colonies.

Needless to say: the Left realizes that when Washington Bureaucrats try to control political outcomes in places like (say) Iran, Afghanistan, or Saudi Arabia, there is likely to be harsh resistance, some of which calcifies into violent proto-military groups like Hezzbolla or Al Qaeda.

The Right sees all this conspiratorial geopolitical talk as lies or exaggerations, even though our military and financial support of "bad" regimes is on the official record, and easily researched.

So I agree with the OP that this story is tragic. I also hope the guilty party is brought to justice, harsh justice. I just wish the OP wouldn't accept Washington's framing of The War on Terrorism because we need critical thinkers who understand our long complicated history in the region. We need the OP to have a detailed understanding of the policies that have been initiated at least since Eisenhower. He doesn't.

One of the reasons Washington (since WWII) has been allowed to waste so much blood and money on failed military intervention is because The Bureaucrats have created useful idiots who buy into simplistic stories.

Very well thought out and simple to understand information. Now we only have to wait for Uncensored & Co. to collectively call you an idiot. Than you'll also realize that it's unproductive to try to explain facts to certain people whose entire knowledge of the political landscape consists of clumps of soundbites and biased opinions, not facts. For me, however, your posting is a keeper, and I thank you for it.

Might I introduce you to Dr. Drock and MaggieMae?

Okay? Do either one ya'll deny that there is a radical element in Islam that truly wants to kill Americans and Westerners?

Hell no I don't deny that, never have, never will. Uncensored is the type who thinks if he repeats something enough it'll magically become truth.

But he should drop the word "radical." He's stated openly that he views all muslims the same, from peaceful american taxpaying muslims to osama bin laden. So muslim or radical muslim he doesn't differentiate. I do, that's why he has a problem with me. His enemy on this earth is whoever doesn't share his particular god.

One thing I'll deny until I'm hoarse though is that there's any chance whatsoever of the US falling under sharia law or any other version of radical islam. But then again that's common sense, I thought (prior to yesterday) that no one was dumb enough to think that.

It's easy to tell which ones take Glenn Beck's analysis of Sharia law coming to America as gospel truth, and fail to see it as just his own fearmongering projection based on his wild collection of video snippets and statements by Islamic radicals trying to connect dots which don't.

Actually, the word "cross" is not used in the original Greek translation of the Bible.

It uses the words "stake" or "tree" to describe the execution device used on Jesus.

The idea of the "cross" was an innovation that was introduced to the Christian community several hundred years later. :cool:

The Holy Rood. There was quite a business to be made in "holy relics".

Show me a comparison:

“AMJA issued fatwa #2982:

In the name of Allah, all praise is for Allah, and may peace and blessing be upon the Messenger of Allah and his family. To proceed:

For a wife to abandon the bed of her husband without excuse is haram [forbidden]. It is one of the major sins and the angels curse her until the morning as we have been informed by the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace). She is considered nashiz (rebellious) under these circumstances. As for the issue of forcing a wife to have sex, if she refuses, this would not be called rape, even though it goes against natural instincts and destroys love and mercy, and there is a great sin upon the wife who refuses; and Allah Almighty is more exalted and more knowledgeable.”

BTW: this is the same as a death sentence. If she is "rebellious", the men of Sharia can claim she is not living according to the faith, therefore must be put to death.

I've already pointed out that a "fatwa" is nothing more than an unenforceable rant, akin to a pox. Anyone can issue one.

But when Muslim Clerics issue them for the death of others? If those others are killed. Any onus on these Clerics?

Well yes. We did go after bin Laden, after all. But bin Laden's fatwa wasn't seen as an order for all of Islam. It was his, and his alone.

You said Tea Partiers, not me. I was referring to the idiots in the pics you put in your post.

I know.

You would certainly never call Muslims "idiots," so it's obvious that you refer to the vile creature who DARES to oppose bailouts for Obama's massahs at Goldman Sachs.

obama_goldman_sachs_bumper_sticker-p128769938233805158trl0_400.jpg

You know, the idiot muslims you seem to think (or are lying about) I embrace.

My opinion on WHY you defend and support radical Islam is that you share a common enemy with them - Americans.

Yeah.....:lol::lol::lol: I can understand why you guys keep saying that. I'd be embarrassed to by such a reactionary group.

Fred Phelps is a registered democrat. The church ran a "get out the vote" campaign for Obama.

Oh, and here's a hint, it wasn't the right spitting on troops returning from Vietnam - who do you SERIOUSLY think is going to piss of the graves of our war dead? Yep, that would be the dims...

BRACE YOURSELVES: Democrat Fred Phelps and Westboro Hate Group announce plans to picket 9-year-old shooting victim Christina Greene’s funeral. A new low for Democrat hate groups. « HillBuzz.org

Phelps ran for office 5 times in the 90's and never got more than 15% of the vote. Democrats are smart, and know when a maniacal imposter comes sniffing around. It wouldn't matter what his political affiliation in the past has been. The creep is about as UnAmerican as they come.

You're full of shit.

{Crucifixion was in use particularly among the Seleucids, Carthaginians, and Romans from about the 6th century BC to the 4th century AD. In the year 337, Emperor Constantine I abolished it in the Roman Empire, out of veneration for Jesus Christ, the most famous victim of crucifixion.[2][3] It was also used as a form of execution in Japan for criminals, inflicted also on some Christians.}

Crucifixion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lying for Allah is Halal for Muslims...

I'd love to see your historical link for that intriguing piece of information.

No you wouldn't - you just think your can distract and blow smoke to obscure the point.

Endl"sung was highly classified, only the top echelon of the SS were privy to the plans and implementation of the extermination.

{As for the implementation of the "Final Solution" and the murder of other undesirable elements, the situation was different. The Nazis attempted to keep the murders a secret and, therefore, took precautionary measures to ensure that they would not be publicized.}

36 Questions About the Holocaust (1-18)

Had you made it into Jr. High, you would know this already.

Ah, but the hive cares for you and instructs you in your every utterance and behavior.

(Hey, your BEE-havior!)

Here is your post

Well, there you go. That settles it!

Say Maggie, do you happen to know the percentage of Nazi party members who were involved in the "final solution?"

Would it surprise you to learn that it was less than 1%?

The other 99% of Nazis were not involved in genocide.

Dayum, using "stupid as a fucking pile of bricks" logic, which you use with terrorists, that would make Nazis the "fascism of peace."

Do you see how your response to maggies question does nothing to actually answer maggie's question and show proof of your claims??

The fact that you constantly have to try and tear others down for questioning your baseless opinions should really tell you something about yourself.

UC only linked pages 1-18. If he had bothered to read the whole thing, in the last section, he would have seen this:

Those who actually implemented the "Final Solution" include the leaders of Nazi Germany, the heads of the Nazi Party, and the Reich Security Main Office. Also included are hundreds of thousands of members of the Gestapo, the SS, the Einsatzgruppen, the police and the armed forces, as well as those bureaucrats who were involved in the persecution and destruction of European Jewry. In addition, there were thousands of individuals throughout occupied Europe who cooperated with the Nazis in killing Jews and other innocent civilians.

Forum List

Back