🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why do democrats want more people on foodstamps and welfare

Lowering costs by reducing market share from a more expensive program.

And, compensation for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment will reduce the market distorting use of the "funny money" known as EBT.

I'm not going over this again, you don't get it, you will be spending more money, you would increase spending, I am against spending more so you can sit home and do nothing. You have no solution for you wanting to be lazy, too bad, life nor the government owe us a living.
Welfare is more expensive and actually pays people to have more kids. Unemployment compensation merely compensates for capitalism's, natural rate of unemployment for Individuals.

We could be lowering our costs and improving the efficiency of our economy.

More BS as you already stated the current cost for welfare is $14 so it isn't less as you keep claiming. You keep presenting facts that have already been refuted, you seem to find it hard to communicate other than your unsubstantiated BS.
We could be lowering that ratio and actually improving the efficiency of our economy. People on unemployment are usually ready, or getting ready to enter the labor market.

Welfare costs that much, and doesn't solve most of our problems. Unemployment compensation could actually be solving most of our problems.

No they aren't you stated earlier that people could move over to unemployment instead of welfare. So now you have 100 million on unemployment and you damn good and well they will stay on unemployment. That is why your solution won't work. Pretty simple.
Why do You have a problem if Persons want to stay poor on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States?

In any case, you keep missing the point about solving for simple poverty, and the effect that will have on any given market.

No we don't.

We have legal recourse to get compensation if wrongfully terminated. That is due process.
There is no wrongful termination clause under employment at-will.

Every state provides unemployment compensation for those that are wrongfully terminated. Please name any state that doesn’t have unemployment compensation for those wrongfully terminated.
Employment is at-will. For-cause criteria must be proved by EDD.

You have due process in acquiring unemployment in every state. Whether at will or not, you have due process and are able to get unemployment if you are wrongfully terminated.

You have the right to pursue happiness, not have the government provide for you.
10 weeks at $236 a week. I'm not going to have any money for gas to look for work. I thought it was 6 months.

I'm not going over this again, you don't get it, you will be spending more money, you would increase spending, I am against spending more so you can sit home and do nothing. You have no solution for you wanting to be lazy, too bad, life nor the government owe us a living.
Welfare is more expensive and actually pays people to have more kids. Unemployment compensation merely compensates for capitalism's, natural rate of unemployment for Individuals.

More BS as you already stated the current cost for welfare is $14 so it isn't less as you keep claiming. You keep presenting facts that have already been refuted, you seem to find it hard to communicate other than your unsubstantiated BS.
We could be lowering that ratio and actually improving the efficiency of our economy. People on unemployment are usually ready, or getting ready to enter the labor market.

Welfare costs that much, and doesn't solve most of our problems. Unemployment compensation could actually be solving most of our problems.

No they aren't you stated earlier that people could move over to unemployment instead of welfare. So now you have 100 million on unemployment and you damn good and well they will stay on unemployment. That is why your solution won't work. Pretty simple.
Why do You have a problem if Persons want to stay poor on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States?

In any case, you keep missing the point about solving for simple poverty, and the effect that will have on any given market.

You won't be solving anything. You are taking a group and combining them with another group.

I have no issue with you not wanting to work, knock yourself out. I have an issue of you not wanting to work and have taxpayers pay you for being lazy. I dislike government interference in my life, I also realize the government needs to give a hand to those that need one, however, no way should anyone be on unemployment or welfare longer than need be.

When I was young, I was out of work and the state stepped in to help us out, I went to every class I was required to go to and I looked for work everyday until I found it. I was out of work two weeks, I got paid the next week and took the extra food stamps back to the state office to return them, and ask that they not send me anymore, they had a fit! They told me I would need to be reevaluated in 5 months to see if I qualified, I told them I don't want them, I don't need them and I wouldn't use them and it was like I was calling them a dirty name.

Welfare and unemployment are temporary and while you are on them you should work like hell to get off of them.

Your plan will double the budget, take out all those that are already on welfare and you are still growing a budget for no real reason other than you somehow think that you need to be paid for sitting home and doing nothing.

And, compensation for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment will reduce the market distorting use of the "funny money" known as EBT.

Renaming a thing does not change that thing.

No, it doesn't. Welfare is more expensive.

You are opening the door for over 100 million people to receive $14 for not working. Do the math dummy!
How many are already on, more expensive, means tested welfare?

Your plan will double the budget, take out all those that are already on welfare and you are still growing a budget for no real reason other than you somehow think that you need to be paid for sitting home and doing nothing.

Dude Dan is a broken record. You'd think he'd get smarter just by osmosis from us, but no.

The problem is you want help while being poor through your own choice. Grab a piece of cardboard, marker and a cup, then collect money on the streets

P.S. I would suggest the sign read Will work at gunpoint or $5 says I don't bother you for two days.

We have legal recourse to get compensation if wrongfully terminated. That is due process.
There is no wrongful termination clause under employment at-will.

Every state provides unemployment compensation for those that are wrongfully terminated. Please name any state that doesn’t have unemployment compensation for those wrongfully terminated.
Employment is at-will. For-cause criteria must be proved by EDD.

You have due process in acquiring unemployment in every state. Whether at will or not, you have due process and are able to get unemployment if you are wrongfully terminated.

You have the right to pursue happiness, not have the government provide for you.
10 weeks at $236 a week. I'm not going to have any money for gas to look for work. I thought it was 6 months.
It should be as long as you are naturally unemployed.

You won't be solving anything. You are taking a group and combining them with another group.

I have no issue with you not wanting to work, knock yourself out. I have an issue of you not wanting to work and have taxpayers pay you for being lazy. I dislike government interference in my life, I also realize the government needs to give a hand to those that need one, however, no way should anyone be on unemployment or welfare longer than need be.

When I was young, I was out of work and the state stepped in to help us out, I went to every class I was required to go to and I looked for work everyday until I found it. I was out of work two weeks, I got paid the next week and took the extra food stamps back to the state office to return them, and ask that they not send me anymore, they had a fit! They told me I would need to be reevaluated in 5 months to see if I qualified, I told them I don't want them, I don't need them and I wouldn't use them and it was like I was calling them a dirty name.

Welfare and unemployment are temporary and while you are on them you should work like hell to get off of them.
Anyone who doesn't need welfare should go on unemployment; it is more cost effective. That is how we will cut costs. Welfare is simply more expensive.

It is a different program. And, more people spending money will create demand.

You are opening the door for over 100 million people to receive $14 for not working. Do the math dummy!

Dude Dan is a broken record. You'd think he'd get smarter just by osmosis from us, but no.
You simply don't understand the issues.

The problem is you want help while being poor through your own choice. Grab a piece of cardboard, marker and a cup, then collect money on the streets
Capitalism has a natural rate of unemployment.

I agree.

Last edited:

You have to first take that money away from other people, who then cannot spend it.

You have to first take that money away from other people, who then cannot spend it.
How many people would opt for welfare, if they had recourse to unemployment compensation simply for being unemployed?

He doesn’t care, he is a selfish greedy person who wants to take from those who have worked hard and give to those who are lazy. He believe the government is smarter than the people it governs. Very pessimistic view of the world.

He doesn’t care, he is a selfish greedy person who wants to take from those who have worked hard and give to those who are lazy. He believe the government is smarter than the people it governs. Very pessimistic view of the world.
Capitalism has a Natural Rate of Unemployment.

Capitalism has a Natural Rate of Unemployment.

You keep saying that like it's important. What you're really doing is looking for an excuse to take from those who have earned. If you don't want to be unemployed for a long time, you generally can do something about it.

Forum List

Back