Why Do I Need More Than 10 Rounds?

I admittedly lack sufficient knowledge about guns and gun ammunition to make any declarative statements but thinking about it I don't know if limiting the amount of bullets someone has available to them is going to make as much of an impact as limiting the power of the gun shooting the bullet...
What do you mean by "power"?

The strength of the gun itself and the bullet it shoots.
People kill people firearms do not

Well yes I know that but I was just answering your question about what I meant when I mentioned “power”. My general question or point was just me wondering if instead of limiting the amount of ammunition someone can have it would be limiting the amount of specific more powerful guns that can be built and sold. I’m aware that smaller guns can be used to kill and have been used to kill but it was just more of a question of curiosity on my part.

I admittedly lack sufficient knowledge about guns and gun ammunition to make any declarative statements but thinking about it I don't know if limiting the amount of bullets someone has available to them is going to make as much of an impact as limiting the power of the gun shooting the bullet...

People kill people firearms do not

Well yes I know that but I was just answering your question about what I meant when I mentioned “power”. My general question or point was just me wondering if instead of limiting the amount of ammunition someone can have it would be limiting the amount of specific more powerful guns that can be built and sold. I’m aware that smaller guns can be used to kill and have been used to kill but it was just more of a question of curiosity on my part.
The most common cartridge chambered for ARs and the like is a .223/5.56, that’s a .22 caliber.
No one would consider that powerful In the world of firearms, but political correctness makes people fucking retarded.

That's what I thought.
In terms of "power", as you use the term, rifles like the AR15 and AK47 are in the -bottom- quartile.

What do you propose that you consider common-sense gun laws?

I've already said what I thought. It's your turn. What do YOU consider as common-sense gun laws? And the response of "No Gun Laws" doesn't cut it when over 80% of the population would disagree. Be reasonable.
We already have common-sense gun laws nothing else is needed.

Not quite but many states are very close. Some are a bit overboard. Colorado is very, very close now. Until the other states that are very, very lax join in, the states with the common sense firearms regulations are just pissing into the wind. This is why the Feds are looking into the Red Flag and Universal Background Checks. That laxness flows over state lines.
Those states that you were talkin about have mass shootings and a lot of gun deaths

The problem is, if one state has universal background checks and the next state over doesn't, all anyone has to do is to jump across the state line, make the purchase showing NO ID of any kind, jump back across the line with their gains and presto. The Chicago Police noticed that in 2015, that over 60% of all illegal weapons were purchased in Illinois. In 2016 they passed the universal background check. When the Chicago Police Chief did a check in 2017, the new figure was 60% were now coming in from Indiana which has lax gun regulations and does not have universal background checks. Universal background checks only works if all states go to it. Since it is a problem that crosses state lines, the Feds can pass laws to require universal background checks and probably will now. Unless Moscow Mitch blocks it, that is. But he can only do it for so long. it's coming.
That's a lie

That's what I thought.
In terms of "power", as you use the term, rifles like the AR15 and AK47 are in the -bottom- quartile.

Are they used for mass shootings because of the ammunition capacity then?

I've already said what I thought. It's your turn. What do YOU consider as common-sense gun laws? And the response of "No Gun Laws" doesn't cut it when over 80% of the population would disagree. Be reasonable.

Not quite but many states are very close. Some are a bit overboard. Colorado is very, very close now. Until the other states that are very, very lax join in, the states with the common sense firearms regulations are just pissing into the wind. This is why the Feds are looking into the Red Flag and Universal Background Checks. That laxness flows over state lines.
Those states that you were talkin about have mass shootings and a lot of gun deaths

The problem is, if one state has universal background checks and the next state over doesn't, all anyone has to do is to jump across the state line, make the purchase showing NO ID of any kind, jump back across the line with their gains and presto. The Chicago Police noticed that in 2015, that over 60% of all illegal weapons were purchased in Illinois. In 2016 they passed the universal background check. When the Chicago Police Chief did a check in 2017, the new figure was 60% were now coming in from Indiana which has lax gun regulations and does not have universal background checks. Universal background checks only works if all states go to it. Since it is a problem that crosses state lines, the Feds can pass laws to require universal background checks and probably will now. Unless Moscow Mitch blocks it, that is. But he can only do it for so long. it's coming.
You’re clueless, What works for urban America certainly does not work for rural America and vice versa.
Never has never will

Oh, you poor puppy. Did the big bad widdle boo boo hurt?

That's a lie

That's it? That's all you got? You lose once again. Get used to it. While they probably won't come and get your guns, they just might restrict your sales a bit if you don't follow the law. Now, if you want, you can throw your self to the ground in a fit of rage and probably miss if you want.

You’re clueless, What works for urban America certainly does not work for rural America and vice versa.
Never has never will

Lol
Says a control freak

Never has never will

Lol
Says a control freak

Ah, the standard Rightwinggunnutter response. Let's face it, if that is all you are left with, you lost. Get over it or you are going to find yourself locked in a bathroom with your favorite gun sucking the business end of the barrel before all this is over. While losing you won't be so bad, I pity the poor soul that has to clean that bathroom up after you get through with it and that would be a pity.

Never has never will

Lol
Says a control freak

Ah, the standard Rightwinggunnutter response. Let's face it, if that is all you are left with, you lost. Get over it or you are going to find yourself locked in a bathroom with your favorite gun sucking the business end of the barrel before all this is over. While losing you won't be so bad, I pity the poor soul that has to clean that bathroom up after you get through with it and that would be a pity.
ECDBkK_XUAEu555.jpg

Forum List

Back