Why do people claim the military "risks their lives" to "protect our freedoms"?

Back in 2003, I was openly saying that Saddam was no threat and was contained. I was told ........you don't know what Bush knows, there is stuff they are not releasing

Very wrong then. Very wrong now. Consistent.
History proved I was right

They will treat us as liberators.......Nope
We don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud......nope
Saddam is actively supporting international terrorism......nope

I suppose nobody in this country lost any of their freedoms on 9/11 or in any of the other terror attacks since.

We did, but that was due to the subsequent actions of our own government, cheered on by an ignorant and stupid populace.

You apparently have gotten tired of, or bored with, The War on Terror but miss the fact that terror's not done with it's war on you. And you obviously don't understand that it's much much better to fight on your enemies' territory than on your own.

There wouldn't be a War on Terror if we hadn't been meddling in their affairs for the last 70 years. That's all we've done since WWII is butt into everyone else's business and as a result we've made ourselves a target.

[

Wrong again. History has proven the opposite. We invaded the second time because Saddam was in open violation of the treaty he agreed to that ended things the first time around and was basically daring the world to do anything about it.
Clinton bombed the crap out of them over the same issues. That wasn't warfare? It wasn't warfare when Iraqis fired on our planes?

Back in 2003, I was openly saying that Saddam was no threat and was contained. I was told ........you don't know what Bush knows, there is stuff they are not releasing

Very wrong then. Very wrong now. Consistent.

They will treat us as liberators.......Nope
We don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud......nope
Saddam is actively supporting international terrorism......nope
Can you show us your post from 1968?

I suppose nobody in this country lost any of their freedoms on 9/11 or in any of the other terror attacks since.

We did, but that was due to the subsequent actions of our own government, cheered on by an ignorant and stupid populace.

G
osh. You think that all those folks that died on 9/11 didn't lose any freedoms? I kinda think they did.

[

Wrong again. History has proven the opposite. We invaded the second time because Saddam was in open violation of the treaty he agreed to that ended things the first time around and was basically daring the world to do anything about it.
Clinton bombed the crap out of them over the same issues. That wasn't warfare? It wasn't warfare when Iraqis fired on our planes?
The Iraq invasion was an unmitigated disaster

It was never warranted, there was never any threat, the public was mislead on the parameters of the war.......why? How long? Cost, risk to our soldiers

More so, Bush abandoned the war on terror to pursue his vendetta against Saddam

Pity that wasn't what the War Criminals gave as their reasons.

Wrong It was an epic success

It was never warranted, there was never any threat, the public was mislead on the parameters of the war.......why? How long? Cost, risk to our soldiers

It was not only warranted it was necessary for our security at home and elsewhere. It was called for by the UN and undertaken by a coalition of nations. We done good. End of story.

;
Actually, the invasion was a vital part of the War on Terror.

It was not only warranted it was necessary for our security at home and elsewhere. It was called for by the UN and undertaken by a coalition of nations. We done good. End of story.

;
Double down on delusion

What a bunch of total ingrates! I suppose nobody in this country lost any of their freedoms on 9/11 or in any of the other terror attacks since. I suppose the goat fuckers are really just kiddin around when they cut off people's heads. You haven't seen any dead bodies littering the sidewalks and streets of your neighborhood lately so you let yourselves become convinced that war is something from Hollywood or TV drama that exists to provide you entertainment.
You apparently have gotten tired of, or bored with, The War on Terror but miss the fact that terror's not done with it's war on you. And you obviously don't understand that it's much much better to fight on your enemies' territory than on your own.
For the most part you sound like a bunch of spoiled snot-nosed children incapable of understanding the sacrifices made daily to keep you secure in your ivory towers. I certainly expect more from adult Americans!
Sorry not sorry. I'm not going to treat you like a hero just because of your choice of employment or suck your cock because you sacrificed a few years of your life doing paperwork and dealing with the occasional minor inconvenience. The "War on Terror" is a fascist sham and you know it. Besides, the military didn't protect us on 9/11. The US military poses a greater threat to me than the Taliban freedom fighters living in caves halfway across the world. The US government is more likely to kill me than the latest CIA cock up ISIS. I'm just going to keep my eye on the real dangers and let the cons mindlessly worship military personnel for their inability to get a good job.
Oh my, did you just inject gay oral sex into this stimulating discussion? Oy, Gewalt!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

After which the Secretary General called the 2003 invasion of Iraq a breach of the UN Charter.

After which the Secretary General called the 2003 invasion of Iraq a breach of the UN Charter.
Republicans claimed they needed to invade because Saddam violated the UN resolutions
But when the UN said there was no justification to invade, Republicans said......who cares what the UN thinks?

Iraq war was illegal and breached UN charter, says Annan

Iraq war was illegal and breached UN charter says Annan World news The Guardian

The United Nations secretary general, Kofi Annan, declared explicitly for the first time last night that the US-led war on Iraq was illegal.
Mr Annan said that the invasion was not sanctioned by the UN security council or in accordance with the UN's founding charter. In an interview with the BBC World Service broadcast last night, he was asked outright if the war was illegal. He replied: "Yes, if you wish."

He then added unequivocally: "I have indicated it was not in conformity with the UN charter. From our point of view and from the charter point of view it was illegal."

Republicans claimed they needed to invade because Saddam violated the UN resolutions
But when the UN said there was no justification to invade, Republicans said......who cares what the UN thinks?
Yes, it would have been pretty funny if it hadn't been so sad. Almost as amusing as sending Bolton, who pretty much wanted to destroy it, as US ambassador to the UN.

Ah, fun times.

Ok. Looks like there are significant grievances here. Our Constitution allows for the petitioning of our government for the redress of grievances.

So how do you plan to do it?

Regards from Rosie
Lol. ... you let em have it, 11001100

Yours truly,

:D

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Sir 00110011, yes Sir!

<snap to salute>

Truly Yours,

G
osh. You think that all those folks that died on 9/11 didn't lose any freedoms? I kinda think they did.
To Arabians. Not to Iraqis. Tell us you knew that.

;
I can't believe you are saying all that bullshit. You know Saddam and Bin Laden were enemies don't you? Do you know why? Let me know if you don't and I will explain it. Because the reason is the basis for the WTC bombings.

Forum List

Back