Why do people hate Liberals?

This is a fantastic question and I've noticed the same thing since joining up. The one that bugs me the most is the constantly stereotyping of Liberals as sitting around, taking hand outs, not working, killing babies, wanting to take rich people's money, etc.

It's not a stereotype. It's a fact demonstrated daily in this forum.

It gets old. It is like they don't care what liberals stand for or why they choose that path nor do they want to know. They just want to rip them to shreds. I really don't care. I can take the criticism. It just makes the person doing it looks stupid. However, I work hard, have never taken anything from the Government, live within my means and am Liberal on most issues.

Oh well, haters gotta hate I guess.

Why should I care why looters and moochers want to loot and mooch?

Because we're liberals. They hate liberals because they're liberals!

I live around and work with conservatives every day of my life. If I had half the contempt for those conservatives that they often seem to have for me, my life would be very unpleasant.

My entire family are hardcore conservatives. I have to put up with some of them thinking I have a mental disorder because I'm a liberal(seen them with that Michael Savage book... but really it's not only him that believes liberalism is a mental disorder).

I just roll my eyes and carry on. It's their burden to bear, not mine.

This is a fantastic question and I've noticed the same thing since joining up. The one that bugs me the most is the constantly stereotyping of Liberals as sitting around, taking hand outs, not working, killing babies, wanting to take rich people's money, etc. It gets old. It is like they don't care what liberals stand for or why they choose that path nor do they want to know. They just want to rip them to shreds. I really don't care. I can take the criticism. It just makes the person doing it looks stupid. However, I work hard, have never taken anything from the Government, live within my means and am Liberal on most issues.

Oh well, haters gotta hate I guess.

My thoughts exatly!

Most conservatives here probably consider me a liberal - and yet I own my own business, pay my taxes, and have never been on welfare a day in my life.

I'm an entrepreneur!

And the funny thing is - you know a lot of more conservative posters are on welfare themselves!

I too own my own business, pay taxes (much more than romney in % btw), and have been on food stamps once and was thankful it was there when I needed it, and don't collect unemployment even though my business is seasonal and I am unemployed 4 months out of each year. I consider myself an independent. I am somewhat conservative on several issues but tend to lean left on most.

You are exactly right that many con's are in fact recipients of welfare as I know of many personally. What is amazing to me is they vote strictly con AND against their own seeming interests. Makes no sense but then most the con posters here at USMB makes no sense so....

Last edited:
You are exactly right that many con's are in fact recipients of welfare as I know of many personally.

Come on now.

That's a fact jack! Another fact is many of those same con's are SUPPOSEDLY Christian and hate other poor folks first and foremost while supporting the con party and those who need no support. At least that is what they are ultimately saying every damn time I hear em. It is simply amazing to me!!

As long as you keep posting that suggests Stalin, Truman, the Dalai Lama and Joe Liebermann are on the same political team, then yes you are.

At the point you realise that Hitler (extreme right) has more in common with Stalin (extreme left) than either do with Obama or Romney, then you won't be proving my point.

:lol:

For the fifth time on this board - the only difference between Stalin and Hitler were THEIR FUCKING MUSTACHE....

I would love for all you intelligent motherfuckers to cite examples where they were somehow different... Oh yeah that is right only pop culture and academics attempt to differentiate the two...

The Nazi's even stole the Communist's advertising program, right down to the poster themes and color.

The Nazi's stole our soap commercials.

You are exactly right that many con's are in fact recipients of welfare as I know of many personally.

Come on now.

That's a fact jack! Another fact is many of those same con's are SUPPOSEDLY Christian and hate other poor folks first and foremost while supporting the con party and those who need no support. At least that is what they are ultimately saying every damn time I hear em. It is simply amazing to me!!

Tough time believing you know a group of poor, Christian conservatives that are on welfare who espouse they hate the poor.

Come on now.

Tough time believing you know a group of poor, Christian conservatives that are on welfare who espouse they hate the poor.

I have a tough time with it too. You're not alone! Which is why with several of them I have no choice but to assume the race card fits in somewhere - ya think!?!

I also have a hard time believing most if not all the HATE and bs spewed by the con lovers at USMB but.....

The one thing about this board that most baffles me is the incredible depth of hatred and contempt for liberals.

The amount of comments from people suggesting all liberals are stupid, anti-patriotic, dumb...you name it. One even suggested liberals don't know what paragraphs are.

I don't get it. And I don't see anything the like the contempt expressed by liberals towards conservatives.

Firstly, the term "liberal" could be used to describe about half of the planet. Like "leftist", it's a fairly cliched catch-all adjective that have little real meaning. It's just too general to be much use.

Secondly, I've met extremely intelligent people from right across the political spectrum - and as many idiots. I've talked to brilliant facists, idiotic conservatives, intelligent communists and brain-dead centrists. I don't see a pattern there at all.

And lastly, why hate liberals when many of the most successful and celebrated administrations have been liberal ones? Were the governments if Clinton, Wilson, FDR, JFK and Truman really so much worse than conservative governments of similar eras?

The constant attacks on liberals seems to me (as an outsider) just a sign of incredible arrogance and conceit - and I would consider attacks on conservatives the same way.

If there is a REAL reason, with facts, for hating liberals - let's hear about it.

Here it is in nutshell:

It is only natural that parents do all they can for their children, however as wealth accumulates this presents a threat to democracy. The dangers of inherited wealth to our economy are not unlike monarchy to the health of any nation, when power is derived from birthright rather than one’s labor it is more often foolishly applied. As more and more of our economy becomes “inherited wealth” it becomes more of a target for con men and less a tool for innovators. The world’s financial power has been diverted from improving the human condition into money making schemes designed to enrich those who create them.

Come on now.

Someone the other day posted a graphic showing that states voting GOP tend to receive more welfare than those voting Dem.

I wouldn't swear to its legitimacy - but I also wouldn't be surprised if it was correct.

Look at the great state of Mississippi as just one example - end of story.

Last edited:
The one thing about this board that most baffles me is the incredible depth of hatred and contempt for liberals.

The amount of comments from people suggesting all liberals are stupid, anti-patriotic, dumb...you name it. One even suggested liberals don't know what paragraphs are.

I don't get it. And I don't see anything the like the contempt expressed by liberals towards conservatives.

Firstly, the term "liberal" could be used to describe about half of the planet. Like "leftist", it's a fairly cliched catch-all adjective that have little real meaning. It's just too general to be much use.

Secondly, I've met extremely intelligent people from right across the political spectrum - and as many idiots. I've talked to brilliant facists, idiotic conservatives, intelligent communists and brain-dead centrists. I don't see a pattern there at all.

And lastly, why hate liberals when many of the most successful and celebrated administrations have been liberal ones? Were the governments if Clinton, Wilson, FDR, JFK and Truman really so much worse than conservative governments of similar eras?

The constant attacks on liberals seems to me (as an outsider) just a sign of incredible arrogance and conceit - and I would consider attacks on conservatives the same way.

If there is a REAL reason, with facts, for hating liberals - let's hear about it.

Here it is in nutshell:

It is only natural that parents do all they can for their children, however as wealth accumulates this presents a threat to democracy. The dangers of inherited wealth to our economy are not unlike monarchy to the health of any nation, when power is derived from birthright rather than one’s labor it is more often foolishly applied. As more and more of our economy becomes “inherited wealth” it becomes more of a target for con men and less a tool for innovators. The world’s financial power has been diverted from improving the human condition into money making schemes designed to enrich those who create them.

That sir was perfect and spot on imho.

Da Comrade. Da.

Government must sieze assets upon death.

For good of human condition.

Da Comrade. Da.

Government must sieze assets upon death.

For good of human condition.

Is the projected $400,000,000.00 (that's $400 milion btw) the Koch bro's are going to spend on getting con's elected good for the country? How so? Remember now, they inherited $50 billion from dada and are also among the same 0.1% as is romney.

What did liberals do that was so offensive to the Republican Party? I’ll tell you what they did. Liberals got women the right to vote. Liberals got African-Americans the right to vote. Liberals created Social Security and lifted millions of elderly people out of poverty. Liberals ended segregation. Liberals passed the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act. Liberals created Medicare. Liberals passed the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act.What did Conservatives do? They opposed them on every one of those things, every one. So when you try to hurl that label at my feet, ‘Liberal,’ as if it were something to be ashamed of, something dirty, something to run away from, it won’t work, because I will pick up that label and I will wear it as a badge of honor.

-Lawrence O’Donnell Jr.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

:udaman::udaman::udaman::udaman::udaman::udaman:

Is the projected $400,000,000.00 (that's $400 milion btw) the Koch bro's are going to spend on getting con's elected good for the country?

For the businesses and employees that get the 400mil in business revenue and the taxes they pay...yes indeed.

Many people (most, would actually be my guess) approach politics as though it was a football game.

They think in terms of our team versus their team.

The sad part of this approach is that the good of the nation is forgotten in favor of what is good for their TEAM.

As to the nastiness we see toward people with political differences?

Well in an envronment like this, weak people, people who need an ego boost because, let's face it, they know they are losers...insult those they disagree with because they can get away with it.

It's pathetic, really.

Is the projected $400,000,000.00 (that's $400 milion btw) the Koch bro's are going to spend on getting con's elected good for the country?

For the businesses and employees that get the 400mil in business revenue and the taxes they pay...yes indeed.

I tend to look at the broad/big picture. You know, like the facts that a relative few rich fucking assholes are trying to BUY this election and are funding only one side - the con side. Which makes it easy to assume that they expect something in return for their investments. What do you think that might be?

Many people (most, would actually be my guess) approach politics as though it was a football game.

They think in terms of our team versus their team.

The sad part of this approach is that the good of the nation is forgotten in favor of what is good for their TEAM.

As to the nastiness we see toward people with political differences?

Well in an envronment like this, weak people, people who need an ego boost because, let's face it, they know they are losers...insult those they disagree with because they can get away with it.

It's pathetic, really.

"'We're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us"

-Barack Obama

Forum List

Back