Why do Republicans call the Obama "the Divider in Chief"?

R

rdean

The GOP is 90% white. They were that even before Obama because president.

Democrats Racially Diverse; Republicans Mostly White

For Obama to win, he had to have the majority of blacks, the majority of Hispanics, Asians, gays, Native Americans and a lot of whites including both men and women, rich, poor and middle class. All of which he had.

And yet, to the 90% white GOP, Obama is the "Divider".

By every metric, it's the GOP that's the divider. Yet, they claim it's Obama.

Can someone explain how that is possible?

Sure, the term "Divider In Chief" is what I and many Americans call Obama because of his speeches and actions AFTER taking office. You are citing statistics BEFORE he took offfice i.e. the demographics of the people who voted him in. He campaigned as a uniter, but after taking office began dividing Americans along racial and income lines. His campaign was largely a deception and his tactics have created more division in this country than any President of the last century.

lol. Free stuff.

He also won Jews and Catholics, despite his secret plans to nuke Tel Aviv and the Vatican.

Sure, the term "Divider In Chief" is what I and many Americans call Obama because of his speeches and actions AFTER taking office. You are citing statistics BEFORE he took offfice i.e. the demographics of the people who voted him in. He campaigned as a uniter, but after taking office began dividing Americans along racial and income lines. His campaign was largely a deception and his tactics have created more division in this country than any President of the last century.

1. When did Obama start dividing Americans along racial and income lines? What were his first 3 actions in that regard?

2. When did the Republicans ever want 'unity'? What were their first 3 actions in that regard?

The GOP is 90% white. They were that even before Obama because president.

Democrats Racially Diverse; Republicans Mostly White

For Obama to win, he had to have the majority of blacks, the majority of Hispanics, Asians, gays, Native Americans and a lot of whites including both men and women, rich, poor and middle class. All of which he had.

And yet, to the 90% white GOP, Obama is the "Divider".

By every metric, it's the GOP that's the divider. Yet, they claim it's Obama.

Can someone explain how that is possible?
Shakespeare used the device of equivocation in Macbeth in order to disorient and mislead.

Similarly, the Murdoch press and right-wing radio uses these same tactics to string its willing dupes around like nose rings in cattle. Once the audience has been sufficiently exposed to this daily regime, it becomes pliable and unquestioning to such a degree that you can tell them any old shit and they'll merely digest the pablum and return for more the next day.

Then there is the concomitant stoking of anger and outrage at artificial and contrived issues that induce a feeling of victimhood in a segment of the population that have traditionally held the upper hand since the nation's inception. This centuries old implicit affirmative action received its jolt with the CRA and marginalised minorities seeking their voice; and now the right-wing want to "take their country back" to a time where bigotry is acceptable and everyone knows their place, while the trickle-down lie goes essentially unchallenged.

THE BRAINWASHING OF MY DAD
A film by Jen Senko

A filmmaker examines the rise of right-wing media through the lens of her father, whose immersion in it radicalized him and rocked the foundation of their family. She discovers this political phenomenon recurring in living rooms everywhere, and reveals the consequences conservative media has had on families and a nation.

Watch Trailer
The Brainwashing of My Dad (2015) - IMDb

Last edited:
O'Bama is the "Divider in Chief" because he couches every single issue as "us against them."

"Income inequality" is two-word slogan intended to incite envy and resentment of people who are successful and/or wealthy. It is inherently divisive. Compare "fight income inequality" with "let's fight chronic, generational poverty." One is something that invites cooperation, the other invites envy and anger. O'Bama and today's Progs always choose the divisive path.

ObamaCare. O'Bama rejected out-of-hand the Republican suggestions to make insurance available across state lines and to pursue serious tort reform, and rationalize coverages (make insurance cover extraordinary expenses but not routine expenses like BC), telling us that "elections have consequences," and we could shove our ideas up our ass. Divisive in the extreme.

Every issue: Republicans are BAD, EVIL, they want to HARM YOU.

This is not leadership, it is not presidential, it is petty, immature, self-aggrandizing, and counter-productive. The Divider in Chief is about the kindest description I can think of for his guy.

1. When did Obama start dividing Americans along racial and income lines? What were his first 3 actions in that regard?

2. When did the Republicans ever want 'unity'? What were their first 3 actions in that regard?

The stunned silence in response to the above tells it all.

O'Bama is the "Divider in Chief" because he couches every single issue as "us against them."

"Income inequality" is two-word slogan intended to incite envy and resentment of people who are successful and/or wealthy. It is inherently divisive. Compare "fight income inequality" with "let's fight chronic, generational poverty." One is something that invites cooperation, the other invites envy and anger. O'Bama and today's Progs always choose the divisive path.

ObamaCare. O'Bama rejected out-of-hand the Republican suggestions to make insurance available across state lines and to pursue serious tort reform, and rationalize coverages (make insurance cover extraordinary expenses but not routine expenses like BC), telling us that "elections have consequences," and we could shove our ideas up our ass. Divisive in the extreme.

Every issue: Republicans are BAD, EVIL, they want to HARM YOU.

This is not leadership, it is not presidential, it is petty, immature, self-aggrandizing, and counter-productive. The Divider in Chief is about the kindest description I can think of for his guy.
Unfortunately, if you go by GOP policies, it's difficult to come to any other conclusion:

The Iraq debacle.
The failed and deficit creating Bush Tax cuts.
Anti science
Anti health care
Wanting to end school lunches.
The attack on Veterans Benefits.
All the birth certificate, Kenyan, Pals with terrorists, let him die and so on.
The recent city poisoning in Flint
The apology to and the protection of BP after the spill
From 2001 to 2008, the movement of millions of jobs to China.
From 2001 to 2008, the tens of thousands of factories closed down.
What happened after Katrina.

See what I mean? Where is the good in all these damaging policies and actions. This is why the GOP base is rebelling.

Anyone taken up that challenge yet?

These were during his first term I believe they were the earliest actions may not be in chronological order:
Action 1. His speech against Az SB-1070 anti-illegal immigration law. He admitted not having read the damn thing but had no problem concocting an absurd non-relevant scenario of a Mexican family out for ice cream being accosted by Police due to the law. His and Al Sharpton's actions led to a nation-wide backlash against Az.
Action 2. Cambridge Police Speech. This was a minor conflict involving Professor Gates and the Cambridge Police that Obama decided was of such National importance he needed to weigh in.
Again not knowing the details of the case he had no problem throwing the officers under the bus exclaiming "The Cambridge Police acted stupidly". This IMO was the beginning of the anti-Police movement and #BLM.
Action 3. Trayvon Martin. Again another inter-racial conflict that ended in tragedy for the young man but this in no way should have been addressed by the President of the United States. His bizarre and totally ridiculous statement "If I had a son he would look likeTrayvon" still ranks as the dumbest statement ever uttered by a sitting President. Clearly his intent was to inflame the emotions of the case and along with more recent conflicts has led to riots in Ferguson and Baltimore and other cities.
I never claimed the GOP is a party of unity and has done a poor job defining the message of Conservatism and why it is good for all Americans. But I see no actions taken by the GOP that deliberately intended to divide the country the way Obama and his administration has.

I notice you didn't give any examples. Or were your links somehow erased?

Please. "If I had a son, he would have looked just like Trayvon."

"Republicans can come along for the ride, but they have to sit in the back seat."

"The officer acted stupidly."

The Republicans in Congress continued funding of Commie Care, they funded Planned Parenthood, they went along with tax increases to the wealthy and corporations, they increased the debt ceiling.

The popularity of Donald Trump is due to the Republicans not acting like Republicans. DumBama himself even said he regrets that he did not try to bridge the gap.

Forum List

Back