Why Do Republicans Pretend the War On Poverty was supposed to END POVERTY?

By that measure there isnt any violence in America :banana::badgrin::banana::badgrin:
You get dumber by the nanosecond.

There is no rape in America because there is more rape other places! Huurr Duurrrr :badgrin::banana::banana:
OK Einstein, enough of your moronic analogies. Define poverty.

Why? You dont have google or is this an English Quiz?

Because they're going to trot out the "Being 'poor' in America is not the same as being poor in Africa" speech.
Well it's not, is it?

In another thread on poverty republicans or conservatives kept saying that the war on poverty "hasnt worked".

When asked what they thought the goal of the war on poverty was many stated the usual "Liberals said..." followed by impossible things never said by anyone.

Of course if you believe the war on poverty was supposed to make everyone rich, I have bad news for you.

If you believed the war on poverty was supposed to end poor people existing, no wonder you think it "failed"

If you thought that the war on poverty meant everyone would live like Mr Burns from the Simpsons, I understand your frustration.

So what was the point? A permanent dependency class that would reliably vote Democrat for generations to come?

Just so you know ClosedCaption if you ask one person what they think - that doesn't mean the other billion people agree with what that one person said.
But that has never stopped you before...so yeah...

In another thread on poverty republicans or conservatives kept saying that the war on poverty "hasnt worked".

When asked what they thought the goal of the war on poverty was many stated the usual "Liberals said..." followed by impossible things never said by anyone.

Of course if you believe the war on poverty was supposed to make everyone rich, I have bad news for you.

If you believed the war on poverty was supposed to end poor people existing, no wonder you think it "failed"

If you thought that the war on poverty meant everyone would live like Mr Burns from the Simpsons, I understand your frustration.

So what was the point? A permanent dependency class that would reliably vote Democrat for generations to come?
Yep, which is what I have always thought it was as well.

You cure it, dumbfuck....and then you prevent it from happening again. This ain't rocket science, ya damn retard.

LOL....thought so idiot. Prevention doesnt mean it will never happen again. Learn what words mean ya dumbass
Johnson was the guy who said it could be cured and prevented, dumbfuck.

He said thats their aim, yes. The desired outcome. It doesnt say there will be no more.

If you think thats what that means thats your problem not anyone elses. Lets go 1 level, if a doctor aim is to cure Cancer does that mean there will be no more Cancer? :badgrin:

Now stop being stupid
Idiot. You're laughing at Johnson's words. Not mine.

I'm laughing at what you think Johnsons words mean.

You have got to be the most stubborn retard I have ever witnessed. I bet you walk straight into walls and still keep trying to move forward until somebody comes around to turn you in the right direction.

No I just know what words mean and dont attempt to translate english into other english or "what they really mean" bullshit. My bad. Will you forgive me?
Unfortunately, that is exactly what you are doing with LBJ's quote.

You cure it, dumbfuck....and then you prevent it from happening again. This ain't rocket science, ya damn retard.

LOL....thought so idiot. Prevention doesnt mean it will never happen again. Learn what words mean ya dumbass
Johnson was the guy who said it could be cured and prevented, dumbfuck.

He said thats their aim, yes. The desired outcome. It doesnt say there will be no more.

If you think thats what that means thats your problem not anyone elses. Lets go 1 level, if a doctor aim is to cure Cancer does that mean there will be no more Cancer? :badgrin:

Now stop being stupid

Come on man, you and I were having a good dialogue in this thread, just admit that yes LBJ claimed that the bill would end poverty in America. That was obviously the aim.

Now , if you want to say "that was just hyperbole" that's another, legitimate, argument. But the stated goal absolutely was to end poverty in America.

Don't disappoint me by being a partisan hack now.

It didnt say end and since you KNOW poverty will never be ended its seems silly to believe something that is impossible is possible because you interpreted it that way.
On a completely unrelated note, the same phenomena was observed at play during the unfortunate forcing of obamadon'tcare on the American people, when he repeatedly assured all of us that we could keep our doctors, keep our plans, and families would save $2,500/year on premiums. We knew it was impossible, yet apparently some of the really gullible believed it. Maybe that's what you're asserting happened with LBJ, that he deliberately lied and enough gullible democrats believed him that his programs passed?

Only if you believe that people dont vote their values and that every republican that collects welfare is really a dem just to fool you.

But if Republicans on welfare exists that kinda shits on your whole logic now doesnt it?

Just so you know ClosedCaption if you ask one person what they think - that doesn't mean the other billion people agree with what that one person said.
But that has never stopped you before...so yeah...

Good advice, Did you see somewhere where I did that? Or just general advice you like to give?

Only if you believe that people dont vote their values and that every republican that collects welfare is really a dem just to fool you.

But if Republicans on welfare exists that kinda shits on your whole logic now doesnt it?
No exceptions do not disprove the rule nor do they prove the rule. They are outliers. Most people on welfare are either Democrats or don't vote at all in my experience. Would be nice to see a study done on this. (Note: I have seen the phony reports about red states and welfare, the thing they fail to admit is most of those people live in the inner-cities in Democrat voting urban areas of those red States.)

There are always exceptions, but exceptions don't prove the rule.

No exceptions do not disprove the rule nor do they prove the rule. They are outliers. Most people on welfare are either Democrats or don't vote at all in my experience. Would be nice to see a study done on this. (Note: I have seen the phony reports about red states and welfare, the thing they fail to admit is most of those people live in the inner-cities in Democrat voting urban areas of those red States.)

So things are what you say they are and any exception to that doesnt count because.....man you guys are full of excuses. Republicans dont use welfare and if they do then its for better reasons than democrats because I say so.

Nice logic there.

Even reports that show the opposite you simply swipe away with nothing more than using the word "phony" because typing that word is harder than proving the report wrong

I will go out on a limb and say maybe - maaaybe 5% of people on welfare vote. Just a hunch.

Maybe's, hunches and "in your experience" dont count. I cant debate your hunches

Of course there are Republicans who use welfare. But you and I BOTH know that those people who have made a lifestyle of welfare most generally vote Democrat on a regular basis, and THAT is the people most people are sick of. Some guy gets laid off work and can't find another job, signs up for welfare for a year to feed his family while he finds another job? Who has a problem with that??? No one of course. Lazy asshole who's never had a job and is out bragging that only idiots get jobs, yeah who would NOT complain about that? Why Democrats who want their votes, that's who.

And the worst part of all is, there are liberals who I believe actually have good intentions (like you) who just can't admit that yes, their party is corrupt and uses the welfare system to generate votes and doesn't give a damn about those people.

Anyone who genuinely cared about a person who was bragging about only an idiot would get a job would speak out about that attitude and condemn it, not pretend like it doesn't exist.

War on Poverty was a HUGE Success -- for the Democrat Party!

They succeeded in creating inter-generational poor totally dependent on government that is now, due to the sabotaged educational system, completely unbreakable

Well Done!

The people who suffer the most are those in states like West Virginia and Kentucky where a fifth to a quarter of the people live in poverty. And the states are 91 and 96% white so Republicans can't blame it on minorities. But they vote race. And that's why the GOP has them in the pocket.
US Poverty Rate By State
Notice that two of the 5 poorest are the two whitest? Thanks for showing us that.

Why is everything about race with you dumb shit?
Now I can see why you are a funifucker.

How many right wingers on the USMB say the reason Red States are poor is because they have so many poor blacks living there.

When I point out white states that among the poorest, a nitwit dipshit funifucker says, and I quote, "Why is everything about race with you dumb shit?"

Do I find that hilarious? Of course.

But you and I BOTH know that those people who have made a lifestyle of welfare most generally vote Democrat on a regular basis, and THAT is the people most people are sick of.

Thats funny. I assume you're referring to a certain segment of society here. Since naming races is a bad thing :)rolleyes:) I find it funny that the Republicans made it a mission to demonize one segment (wink) of society and then turn around and claim that those same demonized people arent aware of the demonization. They just happen to vote against that party because they want stuff.

So in response to a reaction to your demonization you double down on demonizing.

Its like putting your foot in the water and then crying about a wet foot.

Republicans: A certain segment of society is at fault for your problems

Certain Segment responds by not supporting them anymore

Republicans: They dont support us not because of what we did. Or said. That certain segment are just Moochers! Whaat? What? I'm just saying they're lazy! Whoa! Hey! I'm just saying...

Forum List

Back