Why Do Republicans Pretend the War On Poverty was supposed to END POVERTY?

There is no rape in America because there is more rape other places! Huurr Duurrrr :badgrin::banana::banana:
OK Einstein, enough of your moronic analogies. Define poverty.

Why? You dont have google or is this an English Quiz?
He's asking you to give YOUR definition of poverty...seeing that the actual definition of poverty is not really seen in America save for homeless people and maybe some places in the Appalachians.

There is no "MY DEFINITION" there is only THE definition. And if this ballsack doesnt know it, I'm not his teacher.
Where is there 'poverty' in America besides homeless people and some parts of the Appalachians?

Those two places you just named for starters. If this isnt a quiz how about you come with some facts and stop with this goofy shit?

These toads are the toads the left listen to....you can't begin to make this stuff up

13240025_1029119530456414_6410809598076705144_n.jpg
Good point. The Obamas worth is about $24M now and will be a hundred times that when they start their speaking tours. And they will hoard it.

He's asking you to give YOUR definition of poverty...seeing that the actual definition of poverty is not really seen in America save for homeless people and maybe some places in the Appalachians.

There is no "MY DEFINITION" there is only THE definition. And if this ballsack doesnt know it, I'm not his teacher.
Where is there 'poverty' in America besides homeless people and some parts of the Appalachians?

Those two places you just named for starters. If this isnt a quiz how about you come with some facts and stop with this goofy shit?
So the OP admits a roof over your head and 3 meals a day with full access to healthcare is poverty in America.

There is no rape in America because there is more rape other places! Huurr Duurrrr :badgrin::banana::banana:

So the OP has no definition of poverty in America.
Clueless.

Johnson said the war on poverty was to be won, showing the OP is clueless about the entire topic.

I dont have a separate definition other than the universally accepted definition. I know, thats so unfair. :rolleyes:

You and i know what the definition of poverty is so lets stop playing this game and go with what the word means and not what I THINK it means.

Clueless.

Johnson said the war on poverty was to be won, showing the OP is clueless about the entire topic.

I dont have a separate definition other than the universally accepted definition. I know, thats so unfair. :rolleyes:

You and i know what the definition of poverty is so lets stop playing this game and go with what the word means and not what I THINK it means.
Your unwillingness to post the definition of poverty says it all.

So the OP admits a roof over your head and 3 meals a day with full access to healthcare is poverty in America.

No wonder you think there is no poverty. Your definition of homeless is having a home

Clueless.

You and I know the definition. You're not tasking me with posting links and I'm not going to do it just because you go "whadda ya chicken?" :badgrin:

No wonder you think there is no poverty. Your definition of homeless is having a home
The lack of care of the mentally ill is a seperate topic. And with so many registered Democrats, it is a major problem.

Clueless.

You and I know the definition. You're not tasking me with posting links and I'm not going to do it just because you go "whadda ya chicken?" :badgrin:
Yes, I know the definition of poverty in America.
That's why I called BS.

When I go into the city for business, sometimes I go and visit an old co-worker who lives in the projects that fell on rough times. His rough times is a disability check, cheap housing, food stamps and welfare....is that poverty in your opinion? In those same projects, there are supposedly "impoverished minority yootz" with brand new Air Force 1 sneakers on, nice name brand clothes, gold teeth, nice blingy watches...and I am not talking about the drug dealers, these are elementary, junior, and high school kids...and none have jobs. Does that sound like how someone who is impoverished would dress?

In another thread on poverty republicans or conservatives kept saying that the war on poverty "hasnt worked".

When asked what they thought the goal of the war on poverty was many stated the usual "Liberals said..." followed by impossible things never said by anyone.

Of course if you believe the war on poverty was supposed to make everyone rich, I have bad news for you.

If you believed the war on poverty was supposed to end poor people existing, no wonder you think it "failed"

If you thought that the war on poverty meant everyone would live like Mr Burns from the Simpsons, I understand your frustration.
So, Why Do Republicans Pretend the War on Poverty was supposed to END POVERTY?

Well, stupid, perhaps it's because LBJ in his 1964 State of the Union address said, "Our aim is not only to relieve the symptoms of poverty, but to cure it and, above all, to prevent it."

So, why do dipshit lefties pretend the war on poverty wasn't supposed to end poverty?

If he expected it to be "cured" forever, why did he say our aim was to prevent it? If it was already cured forever, there would be no need to continue preventing it.

Clueless.

That's why I called BS.

So why are you asking then? Lets just get to your point shall we?

Clueless.

That's why I called BS.

So why are you asking then? Lets just get to your point shall we?
Ya, let's get to the point.
Johnson said poverty was to end.

In another thread on poverty republicans or conservatives kept saying that the war on poverty "hasnt worked".

When asked what they thought the goal of the war on poverty was many stated the usual "Liberals said..." followed by impossible things never said by anyone.

Of course if you believe the war on poverty was supposed to make everyone rich, I have bad news for you.

If you believed the war on poverty was supposed to end poor people existing, no wonder you think it "failed"

If you thought that the war on poverty meant everyone would live like Mr Burns from the Simpsons, I understand your frustration.

Well, stupid, perhaps it's because LBJ in his 1964 State of the Union address said, "Our aim is not only to relieve the symptoms of poverty, but to cure it and, above all, to prevent it."

So, why do dipshit lefties pretend the war on poverty wasn't supposed to end poverty?

If he expected it to be "cured" forever, why did he say our aim was to prevent it? If it was already cured forever, there would be no need to continue preventing it.
Ask Johnson that, moron. He's the one who said it...yet you're calling people who are simply pointing out his own words and what they would mean stupid.

Ask Johnson that, moron. He's the one who said it...yet you're calling people who are simply pointing out his own words and what they would mean stupid.

He's asking you because you're saying that his we that they do not. You keep pointing back to Johnson as cover for your interpretation

When I go into the city for business, sometimes I go and visit an old co-worker who lives in the projects that fell on rough times. His rough times is a disability check, cheap housing, food stamps and welfare....is that poverty in your opinion? In those same projects, there are supposedly "impoverished minority yootz" with brand new Air Force 1 sneakers on, nice name brand clothes, gold teeth, nice blingy watches...and I am not talking about the drug dealers, these are elementary, junior, and high school kids...and none have jobs. Does that sound like how someone who is impoverished would dress?

Are we talking about Poverty in America or Poverty in Haiti?

He's asking you because you're saying that his we that they do not. You keep pointing back to Johnson as cover for your interpretation
"That his we that they do not"? Boy you're just totally confused at this point aren't you?

Are we talking about Poverty in America or Poverty in Haiti?
Poverty means poverty PERIOD. And you just said that poverty means poverty, that there is no MY definition of poverty a few pages back. Now you're trying to say that it doesn't have a solid definition and it depends on whether we are talking American poverty or Haiti poverty. You can't have it both ways.

"That his we that they do not"? Boy you're just totally confused at this point aren't you?

Typo. He's asking you because you're saying that is what Johnson meant. You keep pointing back to Johnson as cover for your interpretation. The interpretation is your own.

Forum List

Back