Why Do Republicans Pretend the War On Poverty was supposed to END POVERTY?

In another thread on poverty republicans or conservatives kept saying that the war on poverty "hasnt worked".

When asked what they thought the goal of the war on poverty was many stated the usual "Liberals said..." followed by impossible things never said by anyone.

Of course if you believe the war on poverty was supposed to make everyone rich, I have bad news for you.

If you believed the war on poverty was supposed to end poor people existing, no wonder you think it "failed"

If you thought that the war on poverty meant everyone would live like Mr Burns from the Simpsons, I understand your frustration.
So, Why Do Republicans Pretend the War on Poverty was supposed to END POVERTY?

Well, stupid, perhaps it's because LBJ in his 1964 State of the Union address said, "Our aim is not only to relieve the symptoms of poverty, but to cure it and, above all, to prevent it."

So, why do dipshit lefties pretend the war on poverty wasn't supposed to end poverty?

Because it doesnt say ending it is the goal fucktard. Did you read what you fucking wrote?
Well reading and comprehension-challenged one, in your screwball lefty world curing poverty and preventing poverty doesn't mean ending poverty. Duly and hilariously noted by the class.

When does prevention ever mean the end of anything? Preventing is an attempt to stave off or avert. Did you know that? How can you cure something that isnt happening?

Maybe you should start using the words in the quotes and what they mean and stop translating the words to mean other things. Thats a start
LOL..keep leading with your chin.

Prevent: keep something from happening or arising.

Just admit you fucked up again and folks might stop laughing at you. In this thread only though.

In another thread on poverty republicans or conservatives kept saying that the war on poverty "hasnt worked".

When asked what they thought the goal of the war on poverty was many stated the usual "Liberals said..." followed by impossible things never said by anyone.

Of course if you believe the war on poverty was supposed to make everyone rich, I have bad news for you.

If you believed the war on poverty was supposed to end poor people existing, no wonder you think it "failed"

If you thought that the war on poverty meant everyone would live like Mr Burns from the Simpsons, I understand your frustration.

Well, stupid, perhaps it's because LBJ in his 1964 State of the Union address said, "Our aim is not only to relieve the symptoms of poverty, but to cure it and, above all, to prevent it."

So, why do dipshit lefties pretend the war on poverty wasn't supposed to end poverty?

Because it doesnt say ending it is the goal fucktard. Did you read what you fucking wrote?
Well reading and comprehension-challenged one, in your screwball lefty world curing poverty and preventing poverty doesn't mean ending poverty. Duly and hilariously noted by the class.

When does prevention ever mean the end of anything? Preventing is an attempt to stave off or avert. Did you know that? How can you cure something that isnt happening?

Maybe you should start using the words in the quotes and what they mean and stop translating the words to mean other things. Thats a start

Just admit you fucked up again and folks might stop laughing at you. In this thread only though.
He can't, he's a stupid leftist. They are not capable of admitting their stupidity.

He can't, he's a stupid leftist. They are not capable of admitting their stupidity.
I know but I keep trying because I feel sorry for the mentally challenged. But I'll admit it doesn't keep me from laughing at them.

You cure it, dumbfuck....and then you prevent it from happening again. This ain't rocket science, ya damn retard.

LOL....thought so idiot. Prevention doesnt mean it will never happen again. Learn what words mean ya dumbass
Johnson was the guy who said it could be cured and prevented, dumbfuck.

He said thats their aim, yes. The desired outcome. It doesnt say there will be no more.

If you think thats what that means thats your problem not anyone elses. Lets go 1 level, if a doctor aim is to cure Cancer does that mean there will be no more Cancer? :badgrin:

Now stop being stupid

There is no poverty in America.
The left have twisted the definition of poverty into meaning you only have an iPhone 4 and your DVD doesn't play Blu Ray.

This is poverty.
View attachment 75282

By that measure there isnt any violence in America :banana::badgrin::banana::badgrin:
You get dumber by the nanosecond.

There is no rape in America because there is more rape other places! Huurr Duurrrr :badgrin::banana::banana:

You cure it, dumbfuck....and then you prevent it from happening again. This ain't rocket science, ya damn retard.

LOL....thought so idiot. Prevention doesnt mean it will never happen again. Learn what words mean ya dumbass

He said thats their aim, yes. The desired outcome. It doesnt say there will be no more.

If you think thats what that means thats your problem not anyone elses. Lets go 1 level, if a doctor aim is to cure Cancer does that mean there will be no more Cancer? :badgrin:

Now stop being stupid
Idiot. You're laughing at Johnson's words. Not mine. You have got to be the most stubborn retard I have ever witnessed. I bet you walk straight into walls and still keep trying to move forward until somebody comes around to turn you in the right direction.

The left have twisted the definition of poverty into meaning you only have an iPhone 4 and your DVD doesn't play Blu Ray.

This is poverty.
View attachment 75282

By that measure there isnt any violence in America :banana::badgrin::banana::badgrin:

There is no rape in America because there is more rape other places! Huurr Duurrrr :badgrin::banana::banana:
OK Einstein, enough of your moronic analogies. Define poverty.

This is poverty.
View attachment 75282

This ought to be interesting.

This is poverty.
View attachment 75282

Why? You dont have google or is this an English Quiz?

This is poverty.
View attachment 75282

Because they just pull a dollar figure out of their ass to create a fictitious poverty level. It has nothing to do with the fact they may live in a nice home and eat well everyday.

This is poverty.
View attachment 75282

He's asking you to give YOUR definition of poverty...seeing that the actual definition of poverty is not really seen in America save for homeless people and maybe some places in the Appalachians.

These toads are the toads the left listen to....you can't begin to make this stuff up

13240025_1029119530456414_6410809598076705144_n.jpg

Now stop being stupid
Idiot. You're laughing at Johnson's words. Not mine.

I'm laughing at what you think Johnsons words mean.

You have got to be the most stubborn retard I have ever witnessed. I bet you walk straight into walls and still keep trying to move forward until somebody comes around to turn you in the right direction.

No I just know what words mean and dont attempt to translate english into other english or "what they really mean" bullshit. My bad. Will you forgive me?

He's asking you to give YOUR definition of poverty...seeing that the actual definition of poverty is not really seen in America save for homeless people and maybe some places in the Appalachians.

There is no "MY DEFINITION" there is only THE definition. And if this ballsack doesnt know it, I'm not his teacher.

Now stop being stupid
Idiot. You're laughing at Johnson's words. Not mine.

I'm laughing at what you think Johnsons words mean.

You have got to be the most stubborn retard I have ever witnessed. I bet you walk straight into walls and still keep trying to move forward until somebody comes around to turn you in the right direction.

No I just know what words mean and dont attempt to translate english into other english or "what they really mean" bullshit. My bad. Will you forgive me?
No you're not, you just can't comprehend what you read very well. I had a college-level reading comprehension in 4th grade, buddy. I guarantee it's you that doesn't understand what Johnson was claiming. He said he would cure it, that means end it. He said prevent it, that would obviously mean prevent poverty from occurring again since he said he would cure it. He's the dumbass, just as you are. I'm loving watching you try so hard to be right when you're just plain wrong. Lol

There is no "MY DEFINITION" there is only THE definition. And if this ballsack doesnt know it, I'm not his teacher.
Where is there 'poverty' in America besides homeless people and some parts of the Appalachians?

So the OP has no definition of poverty in America.
Clueless.

Johnson said the war on poverty was to be won, showing the OP is clueless about the entire topic.

So the OP has no definition of poverty in America.
Clueless.

Johnson said the war on poverty was to be won, showing the OP is clueless about the entire topic.
He will still keep trying. And I will continue to help him show how dumb he is. Lol

Forum List

Back