Why Do Republicans Pretend the War On Poverty was supposed to END POVERTY?

Our "poor" aren't necessarily struggling. Our "poor" live a standard of life that 95% of the world would envy. Plenty of food. Free or subsidized housing. Free education. Heating & AC. A refrigerator. Color TV. Free Obamaphones. Healthcare. Probably a car. Relatively safe neighborhoods.

Our "poor" aren't "poor".

By global standards.....our "poor" are like someone who has to rent a 2 bedroom apartment in Beverly Hills and have a roommate or 2. Yeah....rough.
The only actual poor in this country are homeless people, and many of them choose to live that way, and even more live that way because they have mental issues and we could solve part of the homeless problem by reopening loony bins and giving the cops the authority to toss the crazy bums in them if they are found to be actual nutbars.

So after billions of tax payer funds spent on the war against poverty it is now disclosed that the intent wasn't to end poverty? Apparently some here never bothered to read the speeches nor text of the liberals beating their chest declaring all we need is just a little more public funding and the results will come. Just another very expensive example of a liberal program based on some cock and bull theory designed to fail.

Nobody ever said poverty would be completely eliminated. Idiot.

Actually , LBJ DID say that, in those EXACT words.

So after billions of tax payer funds spent on the war against poverty it is now disclosed that the intent wasn't to end poverty? Apparently some here never bothered to read the speeches nor text of the liberals beating their chest declaring all we need is just a little more public funding and the results will come. Just another very expensive example of a liberal program based on some cock and bull theory designed to fail.

Nobody ever said poverty would be completely eliminated. Idiot.

Actually , LBJ DID say that, in those EXACT words.
You are correct. He did say that.

Conservatives view everything as either/or. They have a lot of trouble seeing the complexities of life. There is no human endeavor that has ever been 100% successful and never will. All of human effort is doing the best that can be done, and many times it is merely doing something more than nothing.

You are asking why people who see everything they don't believe in as evil to see the good in it. Their minds are forever trapped in us vs them and anything that isn't us is evil and wrong. They never fully grow up.
Yet another liberal echo chamber thread.

Let's all just make up silly shit about Republicans because we hate them......shall we?

In another thread on poverty republicans or conservatives kept saying that the war on poverty "hasnt worked".

When asked what they thought the goal of the war on poverty was many stated the usual "Liberals said..." followed by impossible things never said by anyone.

Of course if you believe the war on poverty was supposed to make everyone rich, I have bad news for you.

If you believed the war on poverty was supposed to end poor people existing, no wonder you think it "failed"

If you thought that the war on poverty meant everyone would live like Mr Burns from the Simpsons, I understand your frustration.
So, Why Do Republicans Pretend the War on Poverty was supposed to END POVERTY?

Well, stupid, perhaps it's because LBJ in his 1964 State of the Union address said, "Our aim is not only to relieve the symptoms of poverty, but to cure it and, above all, to prevent it."

So, why do dipshit lefties pretend the war on poverty wasn't supposed to end poverty?

In another thread on poverty republicans or conservatives kept saying that the war on poverty "hasnt worked".

When asked what they thought the goal of the war on poverty was many stated the usual "Liberals said..." followed by impossible things never said by anyone.

Of course if you believe the war on poverty was supposed to make everyone rich, I have bad news for you.

If you believed the war on poverty was supposed to end poor people existing, no wonder you think it "failed"

If you thought that the war on poverty meant everyone would live like Mr Burns from the Simpsons, I understand your frustration.

Well, stupid, perhaps it's because LBJ in his 1964 State of the Union address said, "Our aim is not only to relieve the symptoms of poverty, but to cure it and, above all, to prevent it."

So, why do dipshit lefties pretend the war on poverty wasn't supposed to end poverty?
Watch these stupid leftists still claim he never said that. They're morons and can never admit they're wrong.

Because it doesnt say ending it is the goal fucktard. Did you read what you fucking wrote?

Because it doesnt say ending it is the goal fucktard. Did you read what you fucking wrote?
Cure it would mean end it, you stupid fuck.

Well reading and comprehension-challenged one, in your screwball lefty world curing poverty and preventing poverty doesn't mean ending poverty. Duly and hilariously noted by the class.

Well reading and comprehension-challenged one, in your screwball lefty world curing poverty and preventing poverty doesn't mean ending poverty. Duly and hilariously noted by the class.
CC is a total buffoon. Are there ANY intelligent leftists on these boards?

There is no poverty in America.
The left have twisted the definition of poverty into meaning you only have an iPhone 4 and your DVD doesn't play Blu Ray.

This is poverty.
image.jpeg

When does prevention ever mean the end of anything? Preventing is an attempt to stave off or avert. Did you know that? How can you cure something that isnt happening?

Maybe you should start using the words in the quotes and what they mean and stop translating the words to mean other things. Thats a start

The left have twisted the definition of poverty into meaning you only have an iPhone 4 and your DVD doesn't play Blu Ray.

This is poverty.
View attachment 75282

By that measure there isnt any violence in America :banana::badgrin::banana::badgrin:

When does prevention ever mean the end of anything? Preventing is an attempt to stave off or avert. Did you know that? How can you cure something that isnt happening?

Maybe you should start using the words in the quotes and what they mean and stop translating the words to mean other things. Thats a start
You cure it, dumbfuck....and then you prevent it from happening again. This ain't rocket science, ya damn retard.

Because Johnson said so, Einstein.

"We shall not rest until that war is won. The richest nation on Earth can afford to win it. We cannot afford to lose it."

You cure it, dumbfuck....and then you prevent it from happening again. This ain't rocket science, ya damn retard.

LOL....thought so idiot. Prevention doesnt mean it will never happen again. Learn what words mean ya dumbass

This is poverty.
View attachment 75282

By that measure there isnt any violence in America :banana::badgrin::banana::badgrin:
You get dumber by the nanosecond.

LOL....thought so idiot. Prevention doesnt mean it will never happen again. Learn what words mean ya dumbass
Johnson was the guy who said it could be cured and prevented, dumbfuck.

Forum List

Back