Why do RWs make no effort in defending the GOP while they are demonizing democrats?

and my offer is to stfu and take the fu train.......your republican nitwits brought america to it's knees and refuse to do a damn thing about it ,,,,keep sitting on your hands

Government trying to fix problems is the #1 cause of problems. The best thing they can do is sit on their hands. Stop asking other people to give you free shit. That isn't solving problems, that's just feeding your dependency
Oh so we shouldn't have any laws? We should let people do what ever the fuck they want? You do know that basic laws like robbery come from government right?

Laws that benefit all are good laws. Laws that benefit some groups of people at the expense of others are bad laws. Example: Commie Care.
how about clean air and water laws....benefit all except a very few republicans aren't so happy about those laws

Correct, because we don't care about clean air or water. We breathe and drink different stuff than you. :banana::banana::banana:

yes, we're so evil we're impervious to pollution.

:eek:

and the job of the republican congress WAS NOT to get along with obama but to make him a one term president,,,,,and repubs did a grand job of shitting on america while trying to take obama down We thank you and Hill thanks you

Maybe you don't understand why we put Republicans back into leadership: TO stop Obama--not get along with him.
Well ray I don't agree with that tatic at all It did no good for America imo..BUT in any case your repub friends vastly overdid their hate for him,,,,at a cost to america ,,,,,and now the worm turns ,,you're going down in nov
What was the cost to America, douche bag? What good did Obama do for America? It's all bad, as far as I can see. The main problem with the Republicans is that they didn't try hard enough to stop Obama.
and my only problem is obama didn't use whatever resources he has to stomp the hated traitor republicans out

Sadly, here is our problem in a nut shell, someone who disagrees with you and won't let you just have your way should not be hated, and certainly isn't a traitor. Our entire country was founded on compromise, and yet hard liners today, on BOTH sides, have forgotten that and the word has become a dirty word in politics. SAD

How would a wolf and a sheep "compromise" on what to have for dinner?

In case you haven't noticed.. Conservatives are fed up with the GOP.

So? Too bad conservatives have no ideas to solve the myriad problems left us by G.W and his pals.
The New Right represents a great threat to our nation's traditions, values and democratic institutions. They have wrapped themselves in the American Flag, and while holding the cross of Christianity, they have soiled everything those symbols represent.

That is so true.

Interesting. So what traditions and values do you speak of? Marriage? Women dressing like women and men dressing like men? Two-parent families? Self reliance? Personal responsibility?

Seems to me those are Republican values. All of the above were attacked by the libs on the left at one time or another. Of course we can keep adding to that list. You know, like the tradition of men using the mens room and women using the women's room. Liberals today want grown men taking showers with our 14 year old daughters and granddaughters. But of course, it's the Republicans that have the war on women, isn't that right Dean????

Q. what traditions and values do you speak of?

A. Liberty, the freedom to be oneself, be happy, have equal opportunities, not to be discriminated against by laws passed to restrict their rights, justified by the canard that discrimination is simply an example of someone practicing their principles.

I'd like to see dishonest bigots cease their constant hate and fear rhetoric ("Liberals today want grown men taking showers with our 14 year old daughters and granddaughters.) which are not only stupid but foolish, since no one with any sense believes such nonsense.
Hey eddiew, what year did Clinton reduce our national debt?

He reduced the deficit.
I would like to apply the principle about dishonest statements that you espoused in your prior paragraph to your last statement. It is partially dishonest to say that Clinton reduced the deficit. It is honest to say that Clinton and the Republican Congress reduced the deficit. Did Clinton in fact propose budgets with declining deficits, or did he propose budgets with higher deficits that were then sent back to him with lower deficits? IOW, did he lead the way to reduced deficits or did he follow Congress' leadership?

I can't answer those questions, but I can respond to the issue. Congress has a duty to pass a budget, and that process requires two political parties and the two chambers to come together with a plan (a budget, as those who have had to put one together and make adjustments as the fy progresses; I understand a budget is not set in stone).

That I did not include the R's in Congress, the Democrats and blue dogs in my post was not an attempt to mislead anyone, as I assumed most people on a political message board understand the process. Of course the President provides The Congress his ideas for policy and his priorities, that too most understand.

BTW, I advocate a Constitutional Amendment giving POTUS the Line-Item Veto, it will not take politics out of the budget process, but it will be much more transparent than the current process. Allowing Congress to restore items by an override of each singular blue lined item, puts a flashlight on the process and makes each actor responsible for the final result.

The New Right represents a great threat to our nation's traditions, values and democratic institutions. They have wrapped themselves in the American Flag, and while holding the cross of Christianity, they have soiled everything those symbols represent.

That is so true.

Interesting. So what traditions and values do you speak of? Marriage? Women dressing like women and men dressing like men? Two-parent families? Self reliance? Personal responsibility?

Seems to me those are Republican values. All of the above were attacked by the libs on the left at one time or another. Of course we can keep adding to that list. You know, like the tradition of men using the mens room and women using the women's room. Liberals today want grown men taking showers with our 14 year old daughters and granddaughters. But of course, it's the Republicans that have the war on women, isn't that right Dean????

A. Liberty, the freedom to be oneself, be happy, have equal opportunities, not to be discriminated against by laws passed to restrict their rights, justified by the canard that discrimination is simply an example of someone practicing their principles.

I'd like to see dishonest bigots cease their constant hate and fear rhetoric ("Liberals today want grown men taking showers with our 14 year old daughters and granddaughters.) which are not only stupid but foolish, since no one with any sense believes such nonsense.

He reduced the deficit.
I would like to apply the principle about dishonest statements that you espoused in your prior paragraph to your last statement. It is partially dishonest to say that Clinton reduced the deficit. It is honest to say that Clinton and the Republican Congress reduced the deficit. Did Clinton in fact propose budgets with declining deficits, or did he propose budgets with higher deficits that were then sent back to him with lower deficits? IOW, did he lead the way to reduced deficits or did he follow Congress' leadership?
I guess the answer is they worked together ,,,,,something the pub nitwits in congress know nothing about
It takes two to work together. Obama has shown little inclination to be part of any collaboration.

Says who?

He reduced the deficit.
I guess the answer is they worked together ,,,,,something the pub nitwits in congress know nothing about
It takes two to work together. Obama has shown little inclination to be part of any collaboration.

Says who?

LOL He's said so himself, MANY times.

When was the last time a con on this board made an effort to defend republican polices and make an argument as to why we should all vote republican? It's because they secretly know the GOP has NOTHING to offer the middle class and poor. They are just too immature to admit it. It's just easier for them to invest all their energy into arguing why we shouldn't vote democrat. Of course even then they fail to come up with real specifics.

Why does this intellectual dishonesty persist?
========
Because Republicans are, by and large, selfish / hurray for me and fuck you people who will do or say anything to avoid paying for the things they get.

They don't want to pay any taxes but expect government to be there for THEM when THEY need it but not if YOU need it.

When was the last time a con on this board made an effort to defend republican polices and make an argument as to why we should all vote republican? It's because they secretly know the GOP has NOTHING to offer the middle class and poor. They are just too immature to admit it. It's just easier for them to invest all their energy into arguing why we shouldn't vote democrat. Of course even then they fail to come up with real specifics.

========
Because Republicans are, by and large, selfish / hurray for me and fuck you people who will do or say anything to avoid paying for the things they get.

They don't want to pay any taxes but expect government to be there for THEM when THEY need it but not if YOU need it.

That's as stupid as saying all Democrats are stupid, lazy, welfare bums.

In case you haven't noticed.. Conservatives are fed up with the GOP.

So? Too bad conservatives have no ideas to solve the myriad problems left us by G.W and his pals.

That is so true.

He reduced the deficit.

What year did he reduce the national debt?

Either you don't know the difference between the debt and an annual deficit, or you are being intentionally obtuse.

========

========
Explain then why Republicans vote against aide for places like Sandy Hook and hurricane victims in other places but when THEIR state gets hit they are up front SCREAMING for Federal Aide.

========

========
Explain then why Republicans vote against aide for places like Sandy Hook and hurricane victims in other places but when THEIR state gets hit they are up front SCREAMING for Federal Aide.

Simple, because in general people on BOTH sides are stupid, and hence we get assholes elected to office, on BOTH sides, who pay political games instead of doing the jobs they are paid to do

========

========

Simple, because in general people on BOTH sides are stupid, and hence we get assholes elected to office, on BOTH sides, who pay political games instead of doing the jobs they are paid to do

The R's and the D's are not the same, they govern differently, represent different demographics and hold diametrically opposed ideas on what works and what doesn't.

Absolutely true, but no excuse to now say "hehehehe we'll get our guy elected then it's our turn to ignore you"
I don't see anyone saying that.

Then you are blind sir. Look around and notice that people are called racists, and traitors, and misogynists and stupid, and a myriad of other things for disagreeing with people politically, and yes the left is much worse about it, MUCH worse, but you're kidding yourself if you think the right doesn't do the same.
The point was, and I quote,
we'll get our guy elected then it's our turn to ignore you

Is there a Republican candidate who is saying that?

Well, my original post was not confined to just Presidential candidates, but yeah I'd say Cruz has a pretty clear record of refusing to compromise.
He's not indicating that he will ignore the opposition.

He reduced the deficit.
How can he when at the very beginning of his term your repub friends said their Number ONE goal was to make him a one term president?? Could you work with someone expressing the desire to see you fail???

Really? So it's not the objective of Democrats to make a Republican President a one term President?

That is so true.

He reduced the deficit.

I can't answer those questions, but I can respond to the issue. Congress has a duty to pass a budget, and that process requires two political parties and the two chambers to come together with a plan (a budget, as those who have had to put one together and make adjustments as the fy progresses; I understand a budget is not set in stone).

That I did not include the R's in Congress, the Democrats and blue dogs in my post was not an attempt to mislead anyone, as I assumed most people on a political message board understand the process. Of course the President provides The Congress his ideas for policy and his priorities, that too most understand.

BTW, I advocate a Constitutional Amendment giving POTUS the Line-Item Veto, it will not take politics out of the budget process, but it will be much more transparent than the current process. Allowing Congress to restore items by an override of each singular blue lined item, puts a flashlight on the process and makes each actor responsible for the final result.
I would agree to that, being generally opposed to omnibus spending bills.

He reduced the deficit.

Says who?
Everyone who paid any attention to the things he's said since elected.

========

Wow, you got the talking points memo that time.

Have you guys seen the result of the lack of regulation in China? Do you want your kids and theirs to live like this:

_87295685_87295684.jpg

Or we could put a tariff on Chinese goods so we can have jobs and clean air.

Yes, we could, and who do you suppose would ultimately pay that tariff? If you guessed the consumer, then you guessed correctly. Well what if the tariff pressured or forced us to purchase US goods instead of China's? It's called the Internet, and because of the internet, brick-and-mortor stores are losing customers all the time.

So, instead you want Chinese businesses to benefit at the expense of American workers and Chinese citizens who breath that crap?

American consumers won't die if they have slightly less cheap crap to buy.

American workers would benefit greatly from having more manufacturing jobs back in this country.

China has been fucking US and deserves to get the short end of the stick for a couple of decades.

Agreed, we should all be buying American, but of course, we already know that.

But.......we don't. We don't care about those manufacturing jobs you mentioned. We don't care about putting Americans out of work. We don't care about how low wages are or will go.

The solution (according to you) is force Americans to buy American. Is that what this country is all about?

And what about our Chinese exports? Think they won't tax our goods coming into their country as retaliation?

My earlier point is that Americans will find a way to get cheaper goods. The internet will be the most valuable tool for such people. In short, I don't think your tariff idea will work. Just ask GW when he taxed imported steel when he was President.

They already do so, surely you agree that we as a nation should seek out equitable trade deals where each side is equally? BTW it is beyond past time to stop whining about Bush.

Who's whining about Bush? I merely stated that his tariff idea didn't work. Even he would admit that.

correct, but the president tells congress what kind of budget he will sign. He is supposed to work with congress to get the job done, obozo has never even tried. He does not understand the JOB of president. all he wants to do is preach left wing crap and cry about how evil the USA is.
and the job of the republican congress WAS NOT to get along with obama but to make him a one term president,,,,,and repubs did a grand job of shitting on america while trying to take obama down We thank you and Hill thanks you

If only they had been successful in making him a one term president, the country would be much better off today.
sure red ,,,and the proof of what you say is the great 8 years your prior repub president had?

why cant you libs ever address the failures of your guy, Obama? This is not about Bush, no one here is praising Bush.

Obama has been a terrible president, Hillary would continue that trend.
what you call failure I call obama not healing the deep wounds caused by gwb and republicans in bushes 8 years fast enough......you forget the cess pool he left america in ,,,,and now all you do is fling feces at the guy who is doing the clean up

Right, like WTF did he ever do to clean anything up?

But anyone with 55,000 posts in 5 years, is certainly not working, or even getting out of the house much. That works out to 30 posts a day, every day, for 5 years.

It's a tough job. But he feels he has to do it. The alternative would be that he actually worked.

But have you noticed that it is mostly the crazed right wingers on here that run up the BIG post counts? Why is that? Are they lazy. Sit around on their fat asses bitching all day. Why don't they get a job?

And they bitch about others being non productive.LMAO.

Says the person that made this post at 9:11am--when most other people are working.

He reduced the deficit.
How can he when at the very beginning of his term your repub friends said their Number ONE goal was to make him a one term president?? Could you work with someone expressing the desire to see you fail???

Really? So it's not the objective of Democrats to make a Republican President a one term President?
I do not understand why dems are so upset at the idea that Republican Congressmen prefer to have a Republican president. I certainly don't hear Harry Reid sighing for a Republican president when Obama is in office.

Forum List

Back