Why do so many Atheist and Christians misunderstand what Hell really is ?

Only to the hopelessly biased it does.

If life began as science would lead us to believe why haven't we seen life created like that anymore? Pond scum coming up and creating human life. Why can't science recreate the same effect?

Plz stop repeating your strawmen, the spam is messing up an already ugly thread.

No one has ever said pond scum became human life.

Because he or she is correct and you once again have no data to say otherwise.

Show me one scientist who has ever said that life started with the big bang. We have a disagreement with your overly simplistic premise, that the big bang started life.

Oh boy :lol:

We now know the universe is not infinite and it had a beginning. So before the universe there was nothing and nothing blew up ? What caused nothing to blow up ?

When did time and matter begin ? They say twenty billion years ago. You can't have matter without time. Time began with the big bang.

Where did matter come from if not the big bang ? Matter produces everything you see.

No, we don't know that the universe is not infinite and that it had a beginning. We know the universe was once in a super dense, hot state, and then began rapidly expanding in what we call the Big Bang. We don't know what came before that, or if it even makes sense to ask that question at all.

Who says that the Big Bang occurred 20 billion years ago? You really ought to read up on cosmology, because you are showing yourself to be extremely ignorant on the subject.

The Big Bang is an expansion of space and time. I'm confused as to why you think the Big Bang should have made it possible for life to thrive everywhere in the universe.

LMAO!!

A budding Einstein. Uh Oh...he had it wrong about the gravity stuff. Also...now in a particle accelerator they have achieved a speed slightly faster than the speed of light.

One thing for sure...the goat herders during the stone and bronze ages didn't know shit from shinola.

No, we don't know that the universe is not infinite and that it had a beginning. We know the universe was once in a super dense, hot state, and then began rapidly expanding in what we call the Big Bang. We don't know what came before that, or if it even makes sense to ask that question at all.

Who says that the Big Bang occurred 20 billion years ago? You really ought to read up on cosmology, because you are showing yourself to be extremely ignorant on the subject.

The Big Bang is an expansion of space and time. I'm confused as to why you think the Big Bang should have made it possible for life to thrive everywhere in the universe.

Are you serious ? you don't know they know the universe has a beginning,please don't waste my time.

Don't waste my time, go read up on modern cosmology and get back to me when you have a basic understanding of what we're talking about. Until then, leave this discussion to people who actually know what they're talking about.

Too late i just gave you something to chew on that kills your outdated textbook.

Mythology 101:clap2:

Actually, if you were to read the link, you would see that she's also in the Bible.

Mythology 101 indeed.

no she isn't therefore it's Mythology 101

Lilith in the BibleThere is an ongoing scholarly debate as to whether the concept of Lilith occurs in the Bible. The only possible occurrence is in the Book of Isaiah 34:13-15, describing the desolation of Edom, where the Hebrew word lilit (or lilith) appears in a list of eight unclean animals, some of which may have demonic associations. Since the word lilit (or lilith) is a hapax legomenon in the Hebrew Bible and the other seven terms in the list are better documented, the reading of scholars and translators is often guided by a decision about the complete list of eight creatures as a whole.[72][73] Quoting from Isaiah 34 (NAB):

(12) Her nobles shall be no more, nor shall kings be proclaimed there; all her princes are gone. (13) Her castles shall be overgrown with thorns, her fortresses with thistles and briers. She shall become an abode for jackals and a haunt for ostriches. (14) Wildcats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another; There shall the lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest. (15) There the hoot owl shall nest and lay eggs, hatch them out and gather them in her shadow; There shall the kites assemble, none shall be missing its mate. (16) Look in the book of the LORD and read: No one of these shall be lacking, For the mouth of the LORD has ordered it, and his spirit shall gather them there. (17) It is he who casts the lot for them, and with his hands he marks off their shares of her; They shall possess her forever, and dwell there from generation to generation.
[edit] Hebrew textIn the Masoretic Text:

Hebrew: וּפָגְשׁוּ צִיִּים אֶת-אִיִּים, וְשָׂעִיר עַל-רֵעֵהוּ יִקְרָא; אַךְ-שָׁם הִרְגִּיעָה לִּילִית, וּמָצְאָה לָהּ מָנוֹח
Hebrew (ISO 259): u-pagšu ṣiyyim et-ʾiyyim w-saʿir ʿal-rēʿēhu yiqra; ʾak-šam hirgiʿa lilit u-maṣʾa lah manoaḫ[74]
34:14 "And shall-meet desert creatures et (particle) jackals
the goat he-calls his- fellow
lilit (lilith) she-rests and she-finds rest[75]
34:15 there she-shall-nest the great-owl, and she-lays-(eggs), and she-hatches, and she-gathers under her-shadow:
hawks[kites, gledes ] also they-gather, every one with its mate.
In the Dead Sea Scrolls, among the 19 fragments of Isaiah found at Qumran, the Great Isaiah Scroll (1Q1Isa) in 34:14 renders the creature as plural liliyyot (or liliyyoth).[76][77]

Eberhard Schrader (1875)[78] and Moritz Abraham Levy (1885)[79] suggest that Lilith was a goddess of the night, known also by the Jewish exiles in Babylon. Schrader and Levy's view is therefore partly dependent on a later dating of Deutero-Isaiah to the 6th century BC, and the presence of Jews in Babylon which would coincide with the possible references to the Līlītu in Babylonian demonology. However this view is challenged by some modern research such as by Judit M. Blair (2009) who considers that the context indicates unclean animals

Lilith - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh boy :lol:

We now know the universe is not infinite and it had a beginning. So before the universe there was nothing and nothing blew up ? What caused nothing to blow up ?

When did time and matter begin ? They say twenty billion years ago. You can't have matter without time. Time began with the big bang.

Where did matter come from if not the big bang ? Matter produces everything you see.

LMAO!!

A budding Einstein. Uh Oh...he had it wrong about the gravity stuff. Also...now in a particle accelerator they have achieved a speed slightly faster than the speed of light.

One thing for sure...the goat herders during the stone and bronze ages didn't know shit from shinola.

You just showed you're a cheerleader and nothing more because you just showed you are not reading the whole thread.

Wrong person about the oxygen arguement. :lol:

Actually, if you were to read the link, you would see that she's also in the Bible.

Mythology 101 indeed.

Lilith in the BibleThere is an ongoing scholarly debate as to whether the concept of Lilith occurs in the Bible. The only possible occurrence is in the Book of Isaiah 34:13-15, describing the desolation of Edom, where the Hebrew word lilit (or lilith) appears in a list of eight unclean animals, some of which may have demonic associations. Since the word lilit (or lilith) is a hapax legomenon in the Hebrew Bible and the other seven terms in the list are better documented, the reading of scholars and translators is often guided by a decision about the complete list of eight creatures as a whole.[72][73] Quoting from Isaiah 34 (NAB):

(12) Her nobles shall be no more, nor shall kings be proclaimed there; all her princes are gone. (13) Her castles shall be overgrown with thorns, her fortresses with thistles and briers. She shall become an abode for jackals and a haunt for ostriches. (14) Wildcats shall meet with desert beasts, satyrs shall call to one another; There shall the lilith repose, and find for herself a place to rest. (15) There the hoot owl shall nest and lay eggs, hatch them out and gather them in her shadow; There shall the kites assemble, none shall be missing its mate. (16) Look in the book of the LORD and read: No one of these shall be lacking, For the mouth of the LORD has ordered it, and his spirit shall gather them there. (17) It is he who casts the lot for them, and with his hands he marks off their shares of her; They shall possess her forever, and dwell there from generation to generation.

Hebrew: וּפָגְשׁוּ צִיִּים אֶת-אִיִּים, וְשָׂעִיר עַל-רֵעֵהוּ יִקְרָא; אַךְ-שָׁם הִרְגִּיעָה לִּילִית, וּמָצְאָה לָהּ מָנוֹח
Hebrew (ISO 259): u-pagšu ṣiyyim et-ʾiyyim w-saʿir ʿal-rēʿēhu yiqra; ʾak-šam hirgiʿa lilit u-maṣʾa lah manoaḫ[74]
34:15 there she-shall-nest the great-owl, and she-lays-(eggs), and she-hatches, and she-gathers under her-shadow:
In the Dead Sea Scrolls, among the 19 fragments of Isaiah found at Qumran, the Great Isaiah Scroll (1Q1Isa) in 34:14 renders the creature as plural liliyyot (or liliyyoth).[76][77]

Eberhard Schrader (1875)[78] and Moritz Abraham Levy (1885)[79] suggest that Lilith was a goddess of the night, known also by the Jewish exiles in Babylon. Schrader and Levy's view is therefore partly dependent on a later dating of Deutero-Isaiah to the 6th century BC, and the presence of Jews in Babylon which would coincide with the possible references to the Līlītu in Babylonian demonology. However this view is challenged by some modern research such as by Judit M. Blair (2009) who considers that the context indicates unclean animals

OH wow wikipedia, now that were the scholars go to gt their facts:eusa_whistle:

If life began as science would lead us to believe why haven't we seen life created like that anymore? Pond scum coming up and creating human life. Why can't science recreate the same effect?

Plz stop repeating your strawmen, the spam is messing up an already ugly thread.

Are we ever to going get a link to a scientist stating that pond scum turned into a human?

Or are you guys waving the white flag on that one too?

I didn't realize science has stated that human life came from pond scum. Is this a new theory or something? Can you point me to the scientific paper that makes this claim? Thanks.

Really,how else would the first cell create itself, on dry land ? :lol:

What i would really liked answered is how did the first cell form itself ?

Last edited:

OH wow wikipedia, now that were the scholars go to gt their facts:eusa_whistle:

Actually, she's referred to in many other places. And, just because wikipedia is smarter than you is no reason to denounce it Little Rebecca.

Are you serious ? you don't know they know the universe has a beginning,please don't waste my time.

Don't waste my time, go read up on modern cosmology and get back to me when you have a basic understanding of what we're talking about. Until then, leave this discussion to people who actually know what they're talking about.

Too late i just gave you something to chew on that kills your outdated textbook.

I don't know where the hell you got that article from, but it's full of shit. It stated that the expansion of the universe is decelerating, when we know full damn well that it is accelerating. The article was so scatter brained that the author never completed any one of his arguments. What a bunch of creationist garbage.

I didn't realize science has stated that human life came from pond scum. Is this a new theory or something? Can you point me to the scientific paper that makes this claim? Thanks.

Really,how else would the first cell create itself on dry land ? :lol:

first cell create itself on dry land

What scientist ever said this?

Why are you guys putting the arguments you have with the voices in your heads on display for all to see?

Are we ever to going get a link to a scientist stating that pond scum turned into a human?

Or are you guys waving the white flag on that one too?

Real scientists have no explanation on how non-life can bring about life ?

But do you think that the first cell could have formed itself anywhere but in water ?

I don't know where the hell you got that article from, but it's full of shit. It stated that the expansion of the universe is decelerating, when we know full damn well that it is accelerating. The article was so scatter brained that the author never completed any one of his arguments. What a bunch of creationist garbage.

It's one of the Bible blogs that YWC bases his life on.

Anyone who can read a Bible and talk about it on blog knows more about science than scientists with experience and education in the particular scientific field.

Why are you guys putting the arguments you have with the voices in your heads on display for all to see?

Well if life didn't begin in a body of water where could have it have started ?

Can you reason ?

you're joking right?:eusa_whistle:

Well if life didn't begin in a body of water where could have it have started ?

Can you reason ?

Who said it didn't begin in water?

It came from a team of scientists can you read and comprehend ?

Physicists Join “The First Church of Christ of the Big Bang”

I was wondering how Geoffery was going to respond to the news of this discovery. The first words out of his mouth were a complaint, and they were that as a result of this discovery, his peers in physics and astronomy were rushing off to join the First Church of Christ of the Big Bang.

The Discovery of the Century” - Stephen Hawking

I want to take you back to almost two years ago, April 23, 1992. On that day, a discovery was announced that, in the words of the British physicist Steven Hawking, “…is the discovery of the century, if not of all time.” This is remarkable because Steven Hawking has a reputation for understatement.

Michael Turner, from the University of Chicago, says the significance of this discovery cannot be overstated. They have found the Holy Grail of cosmology. As to how holy of a grail we’re talking about, George Smoot, who led the team of 30 American astrophysicists who made the discovery said, “What we have found is evidence of the birth of the Universe. It’s like looking at God.”

Not all were creationist :lol:

One more question smart one how can the science community put an age on the universe if this was not the case ? Take your correction like a man.

you're joking right?:eusa_whistle:

I'm quite serious actually. You claim that science states that human life came from "pond scum," so I'd like you to please validate that claim, if you are able. If you are not able, then maybe it's time for you to stop being a dishonest little shit.

Forum List

Back