Why do so many people deny climate change

Are you having a stroke ----- or are you ALWAYS this scattered brain and incoherent???
The evidence suggests the latter.. Every chart they PRODUCE is a half-truth, a full lie or propaganda --- deal with it...

There is NO EVIDENCE of increased cyclonic activity in the past couple decades that exceeds historical variance. NOTHING AT ALL that looks like that crappile from skepticalscience.. To you and THEM --- EVERYTHING SHAPED like a hockey stick is proof. Even a stick you found in the woods.. YOU WORSHIP hockey stick shapes.. :eek:

U want to roll in their crap?? Great --- just be prepared to be mocked and have people cross the street to avoid the stench...

What part of, there was "no consistent prediction of increased cyclonic activity" do you not get?

The problem you are having is you have no clue what anyone says or what the data says.

You present bullshit, then you say it is bullshit. We know what you present is bullshit, that goes without saying.

1) Then why did you fling this poo at us from skepticalscience???

NATS_frequency.gif

................and what do YOU THINK IT MEANS?

2) What is this "CONSISTENT prediction" weasel shit? CLEARLY --- there were MANY OFFICIAL PRONOUNCEMENTS of increased cyclonic activity.. In fact -- you jerkoff --- I just posted HANSEN saying that not an HOUR AGO in a youtube clip..

Face reality dude..

I am and constantly search for information from all basic sources. Then I present it, like the predictions by the IPCC from 2007 and the predictions presented on the Skeptical Science. After all, you claim they made predictions. You haven't presented any evidence of a prediction, just your claim.

And, it turns out, that your claim is pure bullshit. There were no claims that you say their were. I can't find then, you don't present them.

Nothing, you present nothing. You prove nothing. You don't know basic science. You can't present any evidence of these supposed claims.

On and on you post bullshit.

NATS_frequency.gif

................and what do YOU THINK IT MEANS?

It isn't a prediction. But it does seem to be a counting of actual activity.

Here is the same chart on Climate.org

north-atlantic-tropical-storms.gif

http://www.climate.org/topics/extreme-weather/

Last edited:
2011: North Atlantic Tropical Storm Frequency Response to Anthropogenic Forcing: Projections and Sources of Uncertainty.

"whether the number of North Atlantic tropical storms will increase or decrease in a warmer climate is still heavily debated and a consensus has yet to be reached."

An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

So, no prediction of increased activity there.

Frequency of Atlantic Hurricanes Doubled Over Last Century; Climate Change Suspected - News Release

Frequency of Atlantic Hurricanes Doubled Over Last Century; Climate Change Suspected

hurricane_data_sm.jpg

A new climate study indicates that hurricanes and tropical storms became more frequent in the Atlantic Ocean during three distinct periods over the last century, as shown in this graphic.

So, there is an accounting. What I find, consistently, is no prediction of increased activity combined with actual evidence (counting) of increased activity.

So, it seems that the deniers are wrong on two counts, not only didn't anyone predict increased activity, but it actually has appeared to increase without quite enough data to draw a strong conclusion of statistical significance.

Oh, here is something

Hurricanes and Global Warming FAQs | Center for Climate and Energy Solutions

The Climate Prediction Center expected significantly greater activity for 2005 than occurred in 2004, predicting 18-21 tropical storms and 9-11 hurricanes, 5-7 of which were expected to reach category 3 or greater. The actual activity significantly exceeded these expectations, as well as all previously recorded activity for a single season. The following activity occurred during the 2005 season:

Actually, the 2006 North Atlantic hurricane season had a normal level of activity.

The Climate Prediction Center predicted much above normal hurricane activity for 2007:
13-16 named tropical storms
7-9 hurricanes
3-5 major hurricanes (category 3 or higher)
In all, the North Atlantic experienced the following activity:
15 named tropical storms
5 total hurricanes
2 major hurricanes (both category 5)
This activity fits the description of being much above normal. The total number of named storms was predicted accurately, whereas the number of hurricanes was overestimated.

How active was the 2008 hurricane season?
The Climate Prediction Center predicted much above normal hurricane activity for 2008:
14-18 named tropical storms
7-10 hurricanes
3-6 major hurricanes (category 3 or higher)
December 5 update: There were 18 named tropical storms so far this year. With the traditional hurricane season now officially over (see below), the number of storms to date has met or exceeded the predictions listed above. 2008 storms to date:

18 named storms
8 hurricanes
5 major hurricanes (Bertha-category 3, Gustav-cat. 4, Ike-cat. 4; Omar-cat.3; Paloma-cat.4)
There have also been a large number of landfalling tropical storms in the Atlantic this year, with ten storms making landfall overall. According to NOAA's Climate Prediction Center: "For the first time on record, six consecutive tropical cyclones made landfall on the U.S. mainland and a record three major hurricanes struck Cuba.

So we have some predictions of increased activity, on a specific yearly basis, a bit bold if you ask me. And they have have some success just not as consistent as I'd like to see, with the actual activity being either normal or above normal. I'm just doing a scan of it. Perhaps one of the wack nuts should do a chart for practice.

Frequency of Atlantic Hurricanes Doubled Over Last Century; Climate Change Suspected - News Release

Frequency of Atlantic Hurricanes Doubled Over Last Century; Climate Change Suspected

hurricane_data_sm.jpg

A new climate study indicates that hurricanes and tropical storms became more frequent in the Atlantic Ocean during three distinct periods over the last century, as shown in this graphic.

So, there is an accounting. What I find, consistently, is no prediction of increased activity combined with actual evidence (counting) of increased activity.

So, it seems that the deniers are wrong on two counts, not only didn't anyone predict increased activity, but it actually has appeared to increase without quite enough data to draw a strong conclusion of statistical significance.

Do you have eyes?? Can you read?? I just said that I posted a screed by Hansen himself not an hour ago STATING categorically, that cyclonic activity is GONNA INCREASE..

If you were worth the effort --- you'd be losing an argument in about 2 posts or 4 minutes --- whichever came first... But I've got real work to do for awhile....

Now, where is a prediction regarding the 2008 season (historical info)

figure1.gif

As one would expect, like weather forecasts, it is presented as an 85% chance.

hurricane_data_sm.jpg

Do you have eyes?? Can you read?? I just said that I posted a screed by Hansen himself not an hour ago STATING categorically, that cyclonic activity is GONNA INCREASE..

If you were worth the effort --- you'd be losing an argument in about 2 posts or 4 minutes --- whichever came first... But I've got real work to do for awhile....

And what does that chart show?

And, no, I haven't seen your supposed clip of Hansen, because you have not posted any such thing in this thread. I just went back and looked at all your posts in this thread. No clip that I can find.

Last edited:

hurricane_data_sm.jpg

Are you not following the conversation? The original comment I responded to was

""All of them. Including you.""

Hansen, himself, by definition isn't "All of them."

It turns out that there were some predictions, not all of them. Many were of the form of "next year there is an x% chance of increase."

And, as it turns out, there actually was an increase.

Are you incapable of actual research?

So, no matter how you cut it, you are full of shit.

This is the NOAA chart. It is yearly and the variability doesn't give a precise sense of the trend. It does seem to suggest and upward trend.

atlhist_lowres_sm.gif

hurricane_data_sm.jpg

Well, no dude, you haven't won anything. You are just living in the land of denial in believing that you have.

Why? Because, apparently, and I am as surprised as you, activity did increase.

Contrary to one claim, EVERYONE didn't predict it. It took a while to find some definitive predictions and they are of the form "85%" chance and on a yearly basis.

Contrary to your claim, they have increased. The increase is buried within some rather large variability so it seems to be a ten year running average to tweeze it out.

So far, then, we have your claim that Hansen predicted it. Year by year predictions by weather forecasts. And, lastly, they did increase.

Last edited:
Here is a nice article

2013 Atlantic Hurricane Season Could Be Extremely Active, NOAA Predicts

"In 2012, the preseason forecast called for between nine and 15 named storms, well below the 19 that eventually formed. By August, with the season half over, the number had increased to 12-17. Overall, August through October sees the largest number of storms."

So there was a point prediction.

And last years prediction was;

"The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration predicts that the 2013 hurricane season, which begins on June 1, is likely to be somewhere between active and extremely active, with between 13 and 20 named storms – those with sustained winds above 39 m.p.h."

The closest I can come to "Hansen predicted" is

A little known 20 40 year old climate change prediction by Dr. James Hansen ? that failed will likely fail badly | Watts Up With That?

from a google search of https://www.google.com/webhp?source=search_app#q=hansen+prediction+hurricane

I cannot find "hurricane intensity" or "hurricane" anything there, just "extreme weather" and sea level.

Here's a few for you....

Climate Change Could Make Hurricanes Stronger—and More Frequent

Read more: Hurricanes Could Be Stronger and More Frequent Thanks to Climate | TIME.com

Add one more environmental disaster to the list of potential dire consequences of the greenhouse effect. A general warming of the earth because of increasing amounts of carbon dioxide and other gases in the atmosphere might not only melt the polar ice caps and drastically alter weather patterns but cause more ferocious storms. Writing in Nature, M.I.T. Meteorologist Kerry Emanuel warned that a warmer climate could result in hurricanes packing up to 50% more destructive power. This could happen, he suggests, within 40 to 80 years, when some scientists think CO2 levels will have doubled and ocean temperatures will have increased...

Environment: More Violent Hurricanes? - TIME

About the future
"Based on a range of models, it is likely that future tropical cyclones (typhoons and hurricanes) will become more intense, with larger peak wind speeds and more heavy precipitation associated with ongoing increases of tropical SSTs. There is less confidence in projections of a global decrease in numbers of tropical cyclones. The apparent increase in the proportion of very intense storms since 1970 in some regions is much larger than simulated by current models for that period."

WHY GLOBAL WARMING CAUSES VIOLENT HURRICANES

Why Global Warming Causes Violent Hurricanes

That enough for you?:lol::lol::lol:

Absolutely. Just one more compelling reason not to equivocate. We must act now to avoid expensive consequences later.

A little known 20 40 year old climate change prediction by Dr. James Hansen ? that failed will likely fail badly | Watts Up With That?

from a google search of https://www.google.com/webhp?source=search_app#q=hansen+prediction+hurricane

I cannot find "hurricane intensity" or "hurricane" anything there, just "extreme weather" and sea level.

Here's a few for you....

Read more: Hurricanes Could Be Stronger and More Frequent Thanks to Climate | TIME.com

Add one more environmental disaster to the list of potential dire consequences of the greenhouse effect. A general warming of the earth because of increasing amounts of carbon dioxide and other gases in the atmosphere might not only melt the polar ice caps and drastically alter weather patterns but cause more ferocious storms. Writing in Nature, M.I.T. Meteorologist Kerry Emanuel warned that a warmer climate could result in hurricanes packing up to 50% more destructive power. This could happen, he suggests, within 40 to 80 years, when some scientists think CO2 levels will have doubled and ocean temperatures will have increased...

About the future
"Based on a range of models, it is likely that future tropical cyclones (typhoons and hurricanes) will become more intense, with larger peak wind speeds and more heavy precipitation associated with ongoing increases of tropical SSTs. There is less confidence in projections of a global decrease in numbers of tropical cyclones. The apparent increase in the proportion of very intense storms since 1970 in some regions is much larger than simulated by current models for that period."

Okay, they COULD. And they did make them more frequent.

What is your point? And where is the quote from Hansen that you claim. Meteorologist Kerry Emanuel isn't Hansen, now is he? That was your claim.

This is another example of your inability to distinguish between people. Emanuel isn't Hansen. You can tell because one starts with the letter "E" and one with an "H".

You are unable to focus on details.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Just one more compelling reason not to equivocate. We must act now to avoid expensive consequences later.

There are no expensive consequences, nimrod. Even if there were, the cure is worse than the disease.

Here's a few for you....

About the future

What is your point? And where is the quote from Hansen that you claim. Meteorologist Kerry Emanuel isn't Hansen, now is he? That was your claim.

This is another example of your inability to distinguish between people. Emanuel isn't Hansen. You can tell because one starts with the letter "E" and one with an "H".

And you can't follow directions.. Told you I posted a Vid of Hansen making EVERY SORT of outrageous claims to promote hysteria..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1uxfiuKB_R8]JamesHansen: The Runaway Greenhouse Effect - YouTube[/ame][/quote]

Do hang in there until he winds up to preacher strength and foretells the BOILING OF THE OCEANS... (not funny, he's sick)

Media MISINTERPRETATIONS AND PURPOSEFUL misuse of this kind of hysteria is YOUR responsibility. Because you support this unprofessional vague fortune telling..

Not my fault you only "research" stuff that supports your preconceived agenda.. Do your own work...

:eusa_hand:

Last edited:
Here's a few for you....

About the future

And you can't follow directions.. Told you I posted a Vid of Hansen making EVERY SORT of outrageous claims to promote hysteria..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1uxfiuKB_R8]JamesHansen: The Runaway Greenhouse Effect - YouTube[/ame]

Do hang in there until he winds up to preacher strength and foretells the BOILING OF THE OCEANS... (not funny, he's sick)

Media MISINTERPRETATIONS AND PURPOSEFUL misuse of this kind of hysteria is YOUR responsibility. Because you support this unprofessional vague fortune telling..

Not my fault you only "research" stuff that supports your preconceived agenda.. Do your own work...

:eusa_hand:[/QUOTE]

Actually, you did't post it. Not here.

I don't "support" anything. I have no "agenda" except what I can find as actual facts.

What I do know is that every time I examine something you post, it turns out you have completely misinterpreted and misrepresented it. I learn quite a bit from your constant mistakes.

And, it became very clear how out of touch with reality you are when you posted image after image that completely trashes your own position. The shear depth of your insanity is hard to accept. But, then, reality is what it is. The reality is that you are patently insane.

There are no expensive consequences, nimrod. Even if there were, the cure is worse than the disease.

We're still waiting for some evidence that supports what you wish was true.

We've been waiting for lots of years now. Still nothing.

Forum List

Back