Why do so many people deny climate change

Here's a few for you....

Climate Change Could Make Hurricanes Stronger—and More Frequent

Read more: Hurricanes Could Be Stronger and More Frequent Thanks to Climate | TIME.com

Add one more environmental disaster to the list of potential dire consequences of the greenhouse effect. A general warming of the earth because of increasing amounts of carbon dioxide and other gases in the atmosphere might not only melt the polar ice caps and drastically alter weather patterns but cause more ferocious storms. Writing in Nature, M.I.T. Meteorologist Kerry Emanuel warned that a warmer climate could result in hurricanes packing up to 50% more destructive power. This could happen, he suggests, within 40 to 80 years, when some scientists think CO2 levels will have doubled and ocean temperatures will have increased...

Environment: More Violent Hurricanes? - TIME

About the future
"Based on a range of models, it is likely that future tropical cyclones (typhoons and hurricanes) will become more intense, with larger peak wind speeds and more heavy precipitation associated with ongoing increases of tropical SSTs. There is less confidence in projections of a global decrease in numbers of tropical cyclones. The apparent increase in the proportion of very intense storms since 1970 in some regions is much larger than simulated by current models for that period."

WHY GLOBAL WARMING CAUSES VIOLENT HURRICANES

Why Global Warming Causes Violent Hurricanes

That enough for you?:lol::lol::lol:

Okay, they COULD. And they did make them more frequent.

What is your point? And where is the quote from Hansen that you claim. Meteorologist Kerry Emanuel isn't Hansen, now is he? That was your claim.

This is another example of your inability to distinguish between people. Emanuel isn't Hansen. You can tell because one starts with the letter "E" and one with an "H".

You are unable to focus on details.

And you can't follow directions.. Told you I posted a Vid of Hansen making EVERY SORT of outrageous claims to promote hysteria..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1uxfiuKB_R8]JamesHansen: The Runaway Greenhouse Effect - YouTube[/ame]

Do hang in there until he winds up to preacher strength and foretells the BOILING OF THE OCEANS... (not funny, he's sick)

Media MISINTERPRETATIONS AND PURPOSEFUL misuse of this kind of hysteria is YOUR responsibility. Because you support this unprofessional vague fortune telling..

Not my fault you only "research" stuff that supports your preconceived agenda.. Do your own work...

:eusa_hand:[/QUOTE]

It's clear that you wish that what he says is an extreme possibility won't happen. He offers a scenario that could lead to the end of life. Your point is only that you don't like that ending.

Nobody is arguing that that's a desirable ending. The argument is that even if it's a remote possibility, let's make it as remote as possible.

Not my fault you only "research" stuff that supports your preconceived agenda.. Do your own work...

:eusa_hand:

Well, no, Walleyed was kind enough to present tons of graphs, along with quotes from articles, that completely obliterate your position. Surely you saw them on the sea ice thread?

All I do is look up what you post and find that what you post is bullshit.

The closest I can come to "Hansen predicted" is

A little known 20 40 year old climate change prediction by Dr. James Hansen ? that failed will likely fail badly | Watts Up With That?

from a google search of https://www.google.com/webhp?source=search_app#q=hansen+prediction+hurricane

I cannot find "hurricane intensity" or "hurricane" anything there, just "extreme weather" and sea level.

Here's a few for you....

Read more: Hurricanes Could Be Stronger and More Frequent Thanks to Climate | TIME.com

Add one more environmental disaster to the list of potential dire consequences of the greenhouse effect. A general warming of the earth because of increasing amounts of carbon dioxide and other gases in the atmosphere might not only melt the polar ice caps and drastically alter weather patterns but cause more ferocious storms. Writing in Nature, M.I.T. Meteorologist Kerry Emanuel warned that a warmer climate could result in hurricanes packing up to 50% more destructive power. This could happen, he suggests, within 40 to 80 years, when some scientists think CO2 levels will have doubled and ocean temperatures will have increased...

About the future
"Based on a range of models, it is likely that future tropical cyclones (typhoons and hurricanes) will become more intense, with larger peak wind speeds and more heavy precipitation associated with ongoing increases of tropical SSTs. There is less confidence in projections of a global decrease in numbers of tropical cyclones. The apparent increase in the proportion of very intense storms since 1970 in some regions is much larger than simulated by current models for that period."

What is your point? And where is the quote from Hansen that you claim. Meteorologist Kerry Emanuel isn't Hansen, now is he? That was your claim.

This is another example of your inability to distinguish between people. Emanuel isn't Hansen. You can tell because one starts with the letter "E" and one with an "H".

They did? Where? Hurricane activity is HALF what it was in the 1950's. There hasn't been a hurricane strike on the US in years now.:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

And you can't follow directions.. Told you I posted a Vid of Hansen making EVERY SORT of outrageous claims to promote hysteria..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1uxfiuKB_R8]JamesHansen: The Runaway Greenhouse Effect - YouTube[/ame]

Do hang in there until he winds up to preacher strength and foretells the BOILING OF THE OCEANS... (not funny, he's sick)

Media MISINTERPRETATIONS AND PURPOSEFUL misuse of this kind of hysteria is YOUR responsibility. Because you support this unprofessional vague fortune telling..

Actually, you did't post it. Not here.

I don't "support" anything. I have no "agenda" except what I can find as actual facts.

What I do know is that every time I examine something you post, it turns out you have completely misinterpreted and misrepresented it. I learn quite a bit from your constant mistakes.

And, it became very clear how out of touch with reality you are when you posted image after image that completely trashes your own position. The shear depth of your insanity is hard to accept. But, then, reality is what it is. The reality is that you are patently insane.[/QUOTE]

Bull puckey, you and your fellow clones are propaganda spewing drones working, in all probability, for Mann and his cronies based on how stupid you all are.

Well, no, Walleyed was kind enough to present tons of graphs, along with quotes from articles, that completely obliterate your position. Surely you saw them on the sea ice thread?

Actually, they refuted YOUR assertions. But you guys are good at ignoring, or for that matter outright falsifying, data.l

Here's a few for you....

About the future

They did? Where? Hurricane activity is HALF what it was in the 1950's. There hasn't been a hurricane strike on the US in years now.:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Apparently it isn't. Go read the studies. I already posted the data. You can check with the NOAA.

JamesHansen: The Runaway Greenhouse Effect - YouTube

I don't "support" anything. I have no "agenda" except what I can find as actual facts.

What I do know is that every time I examine something you post, it turns out you have completely misinterpreted and misrepresented it. I learn quite a bit from your constant mistakes.

And, it became very clear how out of touch with reality you are when you posted image after image that completely trashes your own position. The shear depth of your insanity is hard to accept. But, then, reality is what it is. The reality is that you are patently insane.

Bull puckey, you and your fellow clones are propaganda spewing drones working, in all probability, for Mann and his cronies based on how stupid you all are.[/QUOTE]

Yet, you managed to completely invalidate your entire position in the sea ice thread by posting graphic after graphic that demonstrated the exact opposite of what you want to believe.

Actually, they refuted YOUR assertions. But you guys are good at ignoring, or for that matter outright falsifying, data.l

Dude, not at all. The refuted nothing I said and nothing we discussed that the IPCC said. It refutes nothing that Accuweather says. It refutes nothing that the NOAA says.

I notice that you have gotten more and more desperate lately.

All I have to do is present and interpret the actual facts. Anyone with half a brain can make up their own mind. And, seeing as you constantly present nothing of any real value, we know which way that will go.

All I have to do is present and interpret the actual facts. Anyone with half a brain can make up their own mind. And, seeing as you constantly present nothing of any real value, we know which way that will go.

:lol::lol::lol: Sure thing mr. clone. I am happy to see you were looking in the mirror when you posted that drivel.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Kh7nLplWo]What A Maroon! - YouTube[/ame]

JamesHansen: The Runaway Greenhouse Effect - YouTube

And, it became very clear how out of touch with reality you are when you posted image after image that completely trashes your own position. The shear depth of your insanity is hard to accept. But, then, reality is what it is. The reality is that you are patently insane.

Bull puckey, you and your fellow clones are propaganda spewing drones working, in all probability, for Mann and his cronies based on how stupid you all are.[/QUOTE]

''I don't "support" anything.''

Absolutely true.

''I have no "agenda"''

You can't possibly believe this.

''except what I can find as actual facts.''

You say that you like facts but deny science. And that makes sense to you. That is so bizarre as to be inexplicable.

Dude, not at all. The refuted nothing I said and nothing we discussed that the IPCC said. It refutes nothing that Accuweather says. It refutes nothing that the NOAA says.

I think that the corner the cult has been backed into is awfully tight and uncomfortable. They really have no place to turn.

Facts are tough on the conservative ego. Every one is like a slap on the face. You'd think that they'd learn.

Facts are tough on the conservative ego. Every one is like a slap on the face. You'd think that they'd learn.

Yes, unlike you we DO learn. We have learned many things about how you clowns alter data to fit your pre-conceived ideas. How you block papers that refute your "theories". How you threaten editors who don't bow down to the climate mafia... yes, we have learned a lot. And we are winning the argument because of it.

Face it. We enjoy debate and welcome opposing viewpoints You don't. It's as simple as that. YOU'RE the LUDDITES here.

Yes, unlike you we DO learn. We have learned many things about how you clowns alter data to fit your pre-conceived ideas. How you block papers that refute your "theories". How you threaten editors who don't bow down to the climate mafia... yes, we have learned a lot. And we are winning the argument because of it.

Face it. We enjoy debate and welcome opposing viewpoints You don't. It's as simple as that. YOU'RE the LUDDITES here.

We are Luddites (according to you, at least) but you deny science.

I would have said that Luddites deny science.

I think that the corner the cult has been backed into is awfully tight and uncomfortable. They really have no place to turn.

I find them unfathomable. I still can fully accept the otherwise obvious fact that they are, somehow, completely out of touch with reality. Are the stupid? Insane? Disingenuous? There isn't enough info to say for sure. Emotionally, we are designed to want to know "why". Science, Newton, taught us to stick to "how".

The craziest thing is all of the data comes from organizations like the NOAA, NASA, USGS, and other sources. Without that data, data that they continuously reject as invalid, they cannot have an opinion. All they can have is "I don't know". Yet, they will reject the data as fabricated one one day then present it as proof of something the next.

The how is clear... the why?... I don't believe even they know.

I have to conclude that insanity, stupidity, ignorance, dismissiveness, and disingenuousness are all part of the same mentality. The "how" seems to be by rejecting info that they cannot reconcile.

That is the stupidity and insanity... Lacking the ability to figure it out, the ignore information. I can tell you this, I have seen personally, observed some people that consistently rearranged the order of events, left out important details, and fabricated others so they could "remember" it the way it suited their feeling. It is contrived "stupanity", a practiced ability to be crazy.

AGW climate crusader sea ice hoax fAiL >>>>>

article-2415191-1BAED746000005DC-112_638x341.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

article-2415191-1BAED742000005DC-727_638x345.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

45721-sean-connery-620x0-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

AGW climate crusader sea ice hoax fAiL >>>>>

It use to go nearly all the way to Alaska.

sotc-seaice-1979-2009.jpg

And 1980

A3gxki9CQAAKCTs.jpg-large.jpeg

This is the average extent for.

628x471.jpg

You are doing the same moronic cherry picking presentation. As if last year is significant.

Clearly you have decided to be ignorant and ignore variability.

n_extn_hires-350x417.png

Figure3_Sept2013_trend-350x261.png

220px-Arctic_Sea_Ice_Minimum_Comparison.png

Oh, look, 2013 isn't shit compared to 2006 and before.

asina_N_stddev_timeseries-350x280.png

And in terms of the complete record of the extent, it is well below the average.

ssmi1_ice_ext_small.png

It would be nice if the 2013 rebound meant something long term.

Unfortunately, surface melting has it as a summer lake

25_07_2013-_1771717a.jpg

And simple extent is really not the whole story. Thickness is all so important. Nasa and the NOAA are closed.

Last edited:

Show us something you have learned.

We are Luddites (according to you, at least) but you deny science.

I would have said that Luddites deny science.

What does "The Science is Settled" mean to you?

Forum List

Back