Why do so many people deny climate change

It's disastrous for people who live near the coast, that's 2 billion or so peeps who are moving inland, causing problems for the people already living inland. So that's a lot of peeps, 3 or 4 billion out of 7 billion. And don't forget that these displaced people lost their means to grow food, so the rest of us will have to make that up, spiking food price. Yes, it could be really bad.

There is no reliable prediction as to how much sea levels will rise.

Your inevitable doom scenario is best taken with a grain of salt.

What is reliable is that there is no evidence or prediction that sea levels will remain constant or drop over the time period in question.

You must realize that a rise of 1 foot is no where near as devastating as a rise of 10 feet.

So to assume that sea levels will rise enough to displace billions of people is a bit Chicken Little-ish.

I keep forgetting. Conservatives are not permitted to learn from sources not approved by cult media propaganda.

OK with me. The more ignorant conservatives are the faster the movement will flush.

Are you even remotely aware of the problems wiki has had with information relating to climate change science, among other things? Asking wiki about any controversial issue is like asking tobacco companies about the dangers of tobacco. Only an idiot would refer to wiki on any topic related to climate science.

I have yet to find an error or non-objective presentation. You object because they don't report denialists lies. They shouldn't.

The IPCC is a political organization.

Sorry but you cannot with any certainty prove anything you say will happen for a fact.

There are potentially many benefits to a slightly warmer climate.

Why do you ignore what is such a simple idea in favor of your catastrophic mind set?

It's not for the scientists to do anything but dispassionately present their findings with the caveat that their predictions might be completely wrong.

But they don't do that they like you are predicting inevitable catastrophes

That alone is reason not to get too worked up about it.

There is zero evidence that the IPCC is anything but what their mission states. You are counting on a politically motivated conspiracy theory to be true. Trying to avoid that is what inspired the UN to create the IPCC.

The forces of politics are relentless. It is not in the least bit unusual for politicians to employ all manner of truth bending to get their way. On the other hand, it's extremely unusual in legitimate science. Maybe even unprecedented.

People who side with politics and deny science are politicians.

I have never denied the science.

The earth is warming slightly

People have an effect on climate.

I am of the mind that the predictions are overblown and exaggerated and is the result of politicizing the science.

Sorry but to say that a couple degree rise in temperature will be disastrous for the entire planet is just as bad as saying the climate is not changing.

How do you decide which IPCC findings are convenient enough to accept and which are too inconvenient?

There is zero evidence that the IPCC is anything but what their mission states. You are counting on a politically motivated conspiracy theory to be true. Trying to avoid that is what inspired the UN to create the IPCC.

The forces of politics are relentless. It is not in the least bit unusual for politicians to employ all manner of truth bending to get their way. On the other hand, it's extremely unusual in legitimate science. Maybe even unprecedented.

I am of the mind that the predictions are overblown and exaggerated and is the result of politicizing the science.

Sorry but to say that a couple degree rise in temperature will be disastrous for the entire planet is just as bad as saying the climate is not changing.

It's disastrous for people who live near the coast, that's 2 billion or so peeps who are moving inland, causing problems for the people already living inland. So that's a lot of peeps, 3 or 4 billion out of 7 billion. And don't forget that these displaced people lost their means to grow food, so the rest of us will have to make that up, spiking food price. Yes, it could be really bad.

It's disastrous for people who live near the coast, that's 2 billion or so peeps who are moving inland

After we waste...err...invest trillions on inefficient, less reliable energy sources, how much cooler will it be in 2080 than otherwise?
How many fewer people will have to move?

OK with me. The more ignorant conservatives are the faster the movement will flush.

I have to disagree with you here P. The more ignorance in the world, the more conservatives. I mean, look at some of the examples around here.

Good point. However, now that more and more people understand that the foundation of contemporary conservatism is misinformation willing accepted by self interest, and delivered through paid media by wannabe plutocrats, the movement is seen as temporary and on its way out.

How do you decide which IPCC findings are convenient enough to accept and which are too inconvenient?

Predictions aren't "findings".

I have to disagree with you here P. The more ignorance in the world, the more conservatives. I mean, look at some of the examples around here.

ROFL!

You hardly serve as a good case example of the intellectual superiority of liberals. Neither you, PMS, or itdiotme are good examples.

More unjustified Wikipedia cop-out? Find a real argument or just admit the truth.

wiki isn't allowed by any college professor I know, you dimwit. It's not a copout because wiki is unreliable. End of story. There are plenty of good sources out there, go find them, wiki is for lazy jackasses who don't wish to do any decent work.

A good rule of thumb is to ignore everything coming from a proven gang of discredited con artists.

it's hardly disasterous. In the next 100 years, people will have to move inland approximately 6 feet. I think society can manage that change.

There is no reliable prediction as to how much sea levels will rise.

Your inevitable doom scenario is best taken with a grain of salt.

What is reliable is that there is no evidence or prediction that sea levels will remain constant or drop over the time period in question.

In other words, no one has a clue about what will happen with sea levels.

Go to this link and locate for us "climate change", global warming" or "agw"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_of_controversial_issues

Yeah, amazing command of the facts you've got there Sid.

As I said, more wiki BS. Here is just one example of the shenanigans that go's on at wiki. I won't even touch on the guy who personally altered over 5000 global warming entries to do away with any of the skeptical arguments, so yes, wiki is unreliable and biased.

"The accuracy of Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia, came into question again when a long-standing article on 'NPA personality theory' was confirmed to be a hoax. Not only had the article survived at Wikipedia for the better part of a year, but it had even been listed as a 'Good Article,' supposedly placing it in the top 0.2-0.3% of all Wikipedia articles — despite being almost entirely written by the creator of the theory himself."

Long-Term Wikipedia Vandalism Exposed - Slashdot

I keep forgetting. Conservatives are not permitted to learn from sources not approved by cult media propaganda.

Are you even remotely aware of the problems wiki has had with information relating to climate change science, among other things? Asking wiki about any controversial issue is like asking tobacco companies about the dangers of tobacco. Only an idiot would refer to wiki on any topic related to climate science.

I have yet to find an error or non-objective presentation. You object because they don't report denialists lies. They shouldn't.

You have already demonstrated your inability to detect any errors in the dogma of the Chicken Little Church of Anthropogenic Global Warming.

Go to this link and locate for us "climate change", global warming" or "agw"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_of_controversial_issues

Yeah, amazing command of the facts you've got there Sid.

As I said, more wiki BS. Here is just one example of the shenanigans that go's on at wiki. I won't even touch on the guy who personally altered over 5000 global warming entries to do away with any of the skeptical arguments, so yes, wiki is unreliable and biased.

"The accuracy of Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia, came into question again when a long-standing article on 'NPA personality theory' was confirmed to be a hoax. Not only had the article survived at Wikipedia for the better part of a year, but it had even been listed as a 'Good Article,' supposedly placing it in the top 0.2-0.3% of all Wikipedia articles — despite being almost entirely written by the creator of the theory himself."

Long-Term Wikipedia Vandalism Exposed - Slashdot

You can't really argue with zealots and warmers are clearly zealots...so removed from reality as to have entirely lost touch.

World heats up, then ice caps melt in Greenland and antarctica... Sea levels will rise, as well as the water itself expands as it's heated. Geez, don't you guys know anything?

Only the most deluded nutburger warmist cult member believes the ice sheets on Greenland and Antarctica are going to melt.

World heats up, then ice caps melt in Greenland and antarctica... Sea levels will rise, as well as the water itself expands as it's heated. Geez, don't you guys know anything?

Only the most deluded nutburger warmist cult member believes the ice sheets on Greenland and Antarctica are going to melt.

They've melted before in earth's history, so why wouldn't they ever do it again?

The last time they were free of ice was 20 million years ago. Because of Continental drif and thei current locations of thee land masses, that can't happen any longer. Because of the circum polar current, Atarctica is climactically isolated from the rest of the world. Warm water can't reach it. That wasn't the case when it was attached to South America.

Karla: The current rise in sea level started WELL before there was enough man-made CO2 in the atmosphere to matter.. The rate is damn close to a straight line since the 1600s..

So if there IS a problem with that rate of rise, we had better find the REAL CAUSE of it don't ya think? Because all of the HYSTERICAL projections that were made about that rate increasing have just been downgraded.

The climate does change.. We came on the scene during a series of 4 oscillating Ice Ages.
Go ahead and make the infrastructures changes to the coastlines. But don't try to snow me with a discredited theory that allows political intervention into every aspect of our lives..

A good rule of thumb is to ignore everything coming from a proven gang of discredited con artists.

I agree. All politicians are con artists. Their skill is selling what's best for them to others who it might not be the best for.

it's hardly disasterous. In the next 100 years, people will have to move inland approximately 6 feet. I think society can manage that change.

That may be the average. There is wide variability around it though.

Forum List

Back