Why do so many people deny climate change

Go to this link and locate for us "climate change", global warming" or "agw"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_of_controversial_issues

Yeah, amazing command of the facts you've got there Sid.

As I said, more wiki BS. Here is just one example of the shenanigans that go's on at wiki. I won't even touch on the guy who personally altered over 5000 global warming entries to do away with any of the skeptical arguments, so yes, wiki is unreliable and biased.

"The accuracy of Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia, came into question again when a long-standing article on 'NPA personality theory' was confirmed to be a hoax. Not only had the article survived at Wikipedia for the better part of a year, but it had even been listed as a 'Good Article,' supposedly placing it in the top 0.2-0.3% of all Wikipedia articles — despite being almost entirely written by the creator of the theory himself."

Long-Term Wikipedia Vandalism Exposed - Slashdot

Who is better qualified to write about a theory than the creator of the theory?

Are you even remotely aware of the problems wiki has had with information relating to climate change science, among other things? Asking wiki about any controversial issue is like asking tobacco companies about the dangers of tobacco. Only an idiot would refer to wiki on any topic related to climate science.

I have yet to find an error or non-objective presentation. You object because they don't report denialists lies. They shouldn't.

You have already demonstrated your inability to detect any errors in the dogma of the Chicken Little Church of Anthropogenic Global Warming.

You, giving the IPCC an insulting name, says absolutely nothing about them, but defines you.

As I said, more wiki BS. Here is just one example of the shenanigans that go's on at wiki. I won't even touch on the guy who personally altered over 5000 global warming entries to do away with any of the skeptical arguments, so yes, wiki is unreliable and biased.

"The accuracy of Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia, came into question again when a long-standing article on 'NPA personality theory' was confirmed to be a hoax. Not only had the article survived at Wikipedia for the better part of a year, but it had even been listed as a 'Good Article,' supposedly placing it in the top 0.2-0.3% of all Wikipedia articles — despite being almost entirely written by the creator of the theory himself."

You can't really argue with zealots and warmers are clearly zealots...so removed from reality as to have entirely lost touch.

Anybody who prefers ignorance, over a zeal for science, is merely choosing irrelevance.

In other words, no one has a clue about what will happen with sea levels.

World heats up, then ice caps melt in Greenland and antarctica... Sea levels will rise, as well as the water itself expands as it's heated. Geez, don't you guys know anything?

Only the most deluded nutburger warmist cult member believes the ice sheets on Greenland and Antarctica are going to melt.

The evidence supporting what you want to be true is?

Only the most deluded nutburger warmist cult member believes the ice sheets on Greenland and Antarctica are going to melt.

They've melted before in earth's history, so why wouldn't they ever do it again?

The last time they were free of ice was 20 million years ago. Because of Continental drif and thei current locations of thee land masses, that can't happen any longer. Because of the circum polar current, Atarctica is climactically isolated from the rest of the world. Warm water can't reach it. That wasn't the case when it was attached to South America.

But the ice is melting in Greenland. It's been demonstrated. The question is, if it's melting now, and we have no alternative but to continue putting more megatons of GHGs into the atmosphere, what's to limit the melting?

World heats up, then ice caps melt in Greenland and antarctica... Sea levels will rise, as well as the water itself expands as it's heated. Geez, don't you guys know anything?

They've melted before in earth's history, so why wouldn't they ever do it again?

So if it has happened before why do you believe we are responsible this time?

Can you say circular reasoning?

What is reliable is that there is no evidence or prediction that sea levels will remain constant or drop over the time period in question.

Yet another in a long line of socks.... they just don't get it do they!:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: And this post in a nutshell demonstrates PmsMZ's complete break with reality....

The last time they were free of ice was 20 million years ago. Because of Continental drif and thei current locations of thee land masses, that can't happen any longer. Because of the circum polar current, Atarctica is climactically isolated from the rest of the world. Warm water can't reach it. That wasn't the case when it was attached to South America.

But the ice is melting in Greenland. It's been demonstrated. The question is, if it's melting now, and we have no alternative but to continue putting more megatons of GHGs into the atmosphere, what's to limit the melting?

Oooooh, megatons of CO2, ooooh what a big number! Biggest you could come up with there mr. luddite? Compare millions with quadrillions, which is the weight of the atmosphere. That's why CO2 is measure in PARTS PER MILLION, because there is so little of it.

I was thinking more like NO REASONING, as in you can't reason with an insane person...

How do you decide which IPCC findings are convenient enough to accept and which are too inconvenient?

A good rule of thumb is to ignore everything coming from a proven gang of discredited con artists.

I agree. All politicians are con artists. Their skill is selling what's best for them to others who it might not be the best for.

Now as soon as you admit that the IPCC is a group of politicians, you'll be on your way to recovery.

So if it has happened before why do you believe we are responsible this time?

Because that is the impact of returning the carbon dioxide back to the atmosphere from being being sequestered in the ground for lo these millions of years. We did that. Mother nature was happy with it in the ground where she put it.

So, you don't read Einstein's publications of his theories? What do you do? Wait for the Classic Comics version from Fox.

Oooooh, megatons of CO2, ooooh what a big number! Biggest you could come up with there mr. luddite? Compare millions with quadrillions, which is the weight of the atmosphere. That's why CO2 is measure in PARTS PER MILLION, because there is so little of it.

Is this supposed to have meaning?

A good rule of thumb is to ignore everything coming from a proven gang of discredited con artists.

I agree. All politicians are con artists. Their skill is selling what's best for them to others who it might not be the best for.

Now as soon as you admit that the IPCC is a group of politicians, you'll be on your way to recovery.

But they're scientists. Politicians are people like Rush, and the Fox boobs and boobies, and the Koch bios, and Boehner and McConnell. No wonder you're hopelessly confused if you can't distinguish between politics and science.

Try to remember this analogy.

Science is like your brain.

Politics is like your asshole. You know, the thing that you think with.

What is reliable is that there is no evidence or prediction that sea levels will remain constant or drop over the time period in question.

January is the warmest month of the year in Antarctica and the average temp is - 27 Celsius

The best guess is that temps will rise 2 degrees C by 2100

Tell me now that any of the ice cap in Antarctica will melt any time soon.

Forum List

Back