Why do the God-haters persist?

Computers evolved from typewriters, abaci, calculators, etc... Not thought up out of the blue as something brand new already finished from purely intelligent design.

/chuckles.....how many baby computers did a pair of typewriters have to have before one survived to puberty......

You can deflect all you want, the simple fact is that computers evolved from earlier machines. See how evolution works? :D

Of course, there is a difference between biologic evolution and the word as you are using it.

Mixing uses for the word evolution does not help make the case for biological evolution.

The light socket might be able to make more electricity but the electricity it made 2 seconds ago is gone. No soul. It doesn't live on forever. Nothing does.

Not sure if you understand how electricity works but I'm pretty sure the light socket doesn't make it. According to the laws of thermodynamics, energy can't be created or destroyed, so it must live on forever.

So you don't think you have a soul?

What about a mosquito, frog, fish or cockroach? Do they have souls? What happens to their energy when they die?

I don't think they have souls, so there is no spiritual energy there. Breeze tends to disagree with me on that, and I've said that he could be correct, all life could have spiritual connection. All I know for sure is that humans do, and it appears to be the thing that makes us radically different from all other living things.

And you see, that's the whole problem here... you can formulate all kinds of junk science theories and speculations about how humans came to be without spiritual interaction, but the radical difference in humans and other living things is impossible to explain without spirituality.

Not sure if you understand how electricity works but I'm pretty sure the light socket doesn't make it. According to the laws of thermodynamics, energy can't be created or destroyed, so it must live on forever.

What about a mosquito, frog, fish or cockroach? Do they have souls? What happens to their energy when they die?

I don't think they have souls, so there is no spiritual energy there. Breeze tends to disagree with me on that, and I've said that he could be correct, all life could have spiritual connection. All I know for sure is that humans do, and it appears to be the thing that makes us radically different from all other living things.

And you see, that's the whole problem here... you can formulate all kinds of junk science theories and speculations about how humans came to be without spiritual interaction, but the radical difference in humans and other living things is impossible to explain without spirituality.

...or an alien intervention.

The only difference between us and the other animals is that we are the only ones, as far as we know, that have brains capable of imagining up gods, ghosts, witches, angels, devils and miracles.

The same energy that drives you also keeps that mosquito alive fool. So if you understand that they don't have souls then you must be able to comprehend that neither do you. You only HOPE you do and you don't THINK they do. Fact is you are just talking out of your ass. Wishful thinking with zero proof.

Now you just have to realize how arrogant and ignorant it is of you to think that you are more special than the mosquito and monkey and that your "spirit" will live on forever. What a hoot. You seem to be able to understand that when a fish dies, that's it, but you think somehow your energy is more special. How arrogant/narcissistic of you to think you are so special. Guess what? You aren't.

When you die, like a shark, sheep, goat, snake, mouse, bird, nat, lion, elephant or dolphin, that's it. Everything about you dies. No re incarnations, no going to heaven, etc. That's all wishful thinking.

Correction: See how intelligent design works? :lol:

are you implying God is engineering the changes for the physiological evolutions on Earth - :cuckoo:

religionist haven't a clue scripturaly ... is their problem.

I don't know about scripture and religion. But yes.... God IS the Engineer.

as written from the point of view life's involvement remains the same while physiology is the product of the given life's intent - from the beginning life became flora and fauna whether by choice or not and how the life shapes its existence is not the preview of the God but will be judged by its final accomplishment.

all physiology has a similar root in a single cell, the intent of each individual life, Spirit through time has determined its own unique shape.

The only difference between us and the other animals is that we are the only ones, as far as we know, that have brains capable of imagining up gods, ghosts, witches, angels, devils and miracles.

The same energy that drives you also keeps that mosquito alive fool. So if you understand that they don't have souls then you must be able to comprehend that neither do you. You only HOPE you do and you don't THINK they do. Fact is you are just talking out of your ass. Wishful thinking with zero proof.

Now you just have to realize how arrogant and ignorant it is of you to think that you are more special than the mosquito and monkey and that your "spirit" will live on forever. What a hoot. You seem to be able to understand that when a fish dies, that's it, but you think somehow your energy is more special. How arrogant/narcissistic of you to think you are so special. Guess what? You aren't.

When you die, like a shark, sheep, goat, snake, mouse, bird, nat, lion, elephant or dolphin, that's it. Everything about you dies. No re incarnations, no going to heaven, etc. That's all wishful thinking.

You're conflating and confounding spiritual and physical energy. They are not the same thing.

If you don't understand how humans are more special than a mosquito or ape, I can't help you. Anyone who objectively looks at the advancement of the species can comprehend that humans have far exceeded any other species on the planet. You claim it's because of our special and unique brains, but where did that come from? It's a fairly impressive attribute just to have happened through nature and random chance.

When you die, just like when anything physical dies, the organism becomes inorganic and stops living. If spiritual energy is what enabled us to live, we would never die. Only our spirit relies on spiritual energy, and it transcends time, which is a physical element of a physical universe. We understand what time is, we know that it's a physical parameter of a physical universe. The spiritual created the physical, it's beyond physical constraints or principles.

You're conflating and confounding spiritual and physical energy. They are not the same thing.

If you don't understand how humans are more special than a mosquito or ape, I can't help you. Anyone who objectively looks at the advancement of the species can comprehend that humans have far exceeded any other species on the planet. You claim it's because of our special and unique brains, but where did that come from? It's a fairly impressive attribute just to have happened through nature and random chance.

When you die, just like when anything physical dies, the organism becomes inorganic and stops living. If spiritual energy is what enabled us to live, we would never die. Only our spirit relies on spiritual energy, and it transcends time, which is a physical element of a physical universe. We understand what time is, we know that it's a physical parameter of a physical universe. The spiritual created the physical, it's beyond physical constraints or principles.

There's going to be a special on PBS about some of the really smarter animals on the food chain. The Crow for example is really smart. A lot smarter than a dove for example. So does the Crow have a soul? A dolphin is smarter than a shark. So does the dolphin have a soul? Dogs should have souls too. And a lot of people can't believe that dogs don't go to heaven. We grow very attached to them. So a lot of us want to believe dogs go to heaven too. So just as silly as that sounds to you, you sound that silly to me when you say you feel you are so much more special than all the other animals on the planet that you have a special soul that lives on forever........I am seriously laughing at you right now.......Do you read the shit you write to me and actually believe you are so special? That is such an arrogant and ignorant thought. Wishful thinking and all that.

OMG Boss you would have loved last night I was watching an all black ministry and he had this woman who apparently was a sinner and he put her in a trance and made the devil get out and put god in her and she collapsed and she did the twitching and everyone was swarming around and then the preacher took off her jewelry and said she doesn't need that stuff anymore and when it was all done one of the guys holding her up gave her her jewelry back but one didn't and the camera caught her reaching out and grabbing him in a way as if to say hold on a minute now I done played along but now give me my shit back brotha. The camera should not have caught that.

Three ways of looking at it.

1. No one has a soul. Not us or the animals. When we die, that's it.

2. Only humans have souls. I think this is the most ignorant belief to have.

3. We all have souls. I think to leave the animals out and say only we have souls is just a horrible thing to think. Don't the organized religions say animals were put on this planet for us? What a bunch of horse shit considering that Dinosaurs were here first back when we were small fury rodent like mammals.

So what about a baby who dies at birth??? What happens to that soul? Does it live on as a baby forever? Does it ever learn to talk? Does it grow up to be at least 21 so it can get some pussy and drink a beer in heaven? Tell me what happens to that soul.

The Christians, Muslims & Jews probably have an answer but I'm not interested in what they think. I want to know what you think happens to that soul.

I'll tell you what I think happens. Same thing that happens to Bessy the Cow when we slit her throat or same thing that happens to a fish when you gut it. It is an animal, and other than the size of the brain, you are no better, different or special. We as humans of course value human life more than other animals but I'd say sometimes too much.

In Switzerland all cows and chickens have to be free range. No treating animals like prisoners. You religious humans are so arrogant and think so highly of yourselves. You also have very wild imaginations.

I believe as a liberal I'm programmed to care more about animals than you conservatives. You guys need to think animals don't have souls especially the way you treat them here in America. Cows can't even fucking walk around they are crammed so close together. I feel so guilty eating cow. I wish we all had to go out and shoot a deer or wild pig for food. Or do like Switzerland and open range our cattle.

So you aren't going to address my points and instead, laugh and chortle at what people believe and relate some idiotic story about a TV show you watched? You're illustrating how it's nearly impossible to have a rational conversation with you. Why should anyone bother with your ignorance and perpetuation of ignorance?

There's going to be a special on PBS about some of the really smarter animals on the food chain. The Crow for example is really smart. A lot smarter than a dove for example. So does the Crow have a soul? A dolphin is smarter than a shark. So does the dolphin have a soul? Dogs should have souls too. And a lot of people can't believe that dogs don't go to heaven. We grow very attached to them. So a lot of us want to believe dogs go to heaven too. So just as silly as that sounds to you, you sound that silly to me when you say you feel you are so much more special than all the other animals on the planet that you have a special soul that lives on forever........I am seriously laughing at you right now.......Do you read the shit you write to me and actually believe you are so special? That is such an arrogant and ignorant thought. Wishful thinking and all that.

OMG Boss you would have loved last night I was watching an all black ministry and he had this woman who apparently was a sinner and he put her in a trance and made the devil get out and put god in her and she collapsed and she did the twitching and everyone was swarming around and then the preacher took off her jewelry and said she doesn't need that stuff anymore and when it was all done one of the guys holding her up gave her her jewelry back but one didn't and the camera caught her reaching out and grabbing him in a way as if to say hold on a minute now I done played along but now give me my shit back brotha. The camera should not have caught that.

I like the indians point of view, I myself am part Iroquois. Everything living, grass and trees included, has a spirit. Not to say it's a powerful spirit, but non-the-less.

So you aren't going to address my points and instead, laugh and chortle at what people believe and relate some idiotic story about a TV show you watched? You're illustrating how it's nearly impossible to have a rational conversation with you. Why should anyone bother with your ignorance and perpetuation of ignorance?

You are trying to convince me of something you have no concrete proof of. In some ways you are even worse than Christians and Muslim because at least they believe this god once came and talked to their ancestors. You know that isn't probably true and yet still you believe. So you are the most annoying of all because you are the future of religion. When I talk to you, I see the future before people completely give up on the idea of god but after christianity and all the other organized religions have died out.

You too missed a very good point I was trying to make. I want to know what happens to a young baby that is born prematurely or is aborted. Does it have a soul too? And without the organized religions, how do you know this? Are you just another imbred knockoff of christianity? Cherry picker?

You call your position rational? And forgive me sir but I see on here every other day people voicing their frustration with you so don't act like you are easy to talk to.

I think the same things about you sometimes to be honest. Oh, and I feel like I got under your skin or won in some small way. Thanks for losing your cool ya fucking hick red neck from the dirty imbred south.

I like the indians point of view, I myself am part Iroquois. Everything living, grass and trees included, has a spirit. Not to say it's a powerful spirit, but non-the-less.

I would like to believe so too but science says probably not. But it is no doubt a beautiful thought. Wishful thinking.

When you say indian do you mean the little squaw injun Boss?

You are trying to convince me of something you have no concrete proof of. In some ways you are even worse than Christians and Muslim because at least they believe this god once came and talked to their ancestors. You know that isn't probably true and yet still you believe. So you are the most annoying of all because you are the future of religion. When I talk to you, I see the future before people completely give up on the idea of god but after christianity and all the other organized religions have died out.

You too missed a very good point I was trying to make. I want to know what happens to a young baby that is born prematurely or is aborted. Does it have a soul too? And without the organized religions, how do you know this? Are you just another imbred knockoff of christianity? Cherry picker?

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I don't need to convince you or prove anything to you. I don't understand any other way to describe what I connect with personally besides "spiritual energy" or "God." You can call me stupid, inbred, hick... whatever, I still know that I am making a connection with something real. You can hate me, you can denigrate me, you can insult me, but it doesn't change what I know that I am connecting with.

It's not in my head, it's not imagination, or I would not feel a very real benefit from it. You can claim it's my imagination or try to explain it away with speculatory bullshit that science does not support, but I still know that it's real because I connect with it and gain benefit from it. You can let that bother you, and it can get under your skin, but I can't change what I know. It can eat at you so much that you feel compelled to spend days and weeks here in this forum spewing the same debunked nonsense over and over again, rejecting what I say, denying the points I've made, refusing to accept my testimonial and the testimonials of others, and it still does not matter to me one iota. You can keep this up for another year, ten years, twenty, fifty... doesn't matter, won't matter.

There is literally NOTHING you're ever going to be able to do that will make me think otherwise. And I bet that I speak for just about anyone who believes in God here. All you are succeeding in doing is proving the point of my OP. No one who didn't believe in God would spend this much of their time trying to refute God.

Think about this in some context other than God for a moment... You may think Elvis is the greatest, I may think the Beatles are the greatest... we can argue back and forth, both making our points and countering each other's viewpoints, but at some time we're both going to eventually conclude the argument is pointless because we're not changing the other person's mind, and we're going to find something better to do. It doesn't mean we changed our mind, or the other person "won" the argument, we just have better things in life to do than repeat the same argumentative points over and over for no reason. We agree to disagree.

So I have to assume there is more to this than you not believing in God. It's as if you are on a mission to change people's mind about a God that you fully understand is real. That's why this is SO important to you. This means you can't abandon the argument and agree to disagree, because your motivation is not forthright. You believe in God, you know this God is real, and as long as people believe in this God, you can't get to do all the fun stuff you want to do. And that is what this is all about in a nutshell. You won't admit this, of course, but I believe that is the case here. Nothing else can rationally explain why you've continued on and on like this.

You call your position rational? And forgive me sir but I see on here every other day people voicing their frustration with you so don't act like you are easy to talk to.

I think the same things about you sometimes to be honest. Oh, and I feel like I got under your skin or won in some small way. Thanks for losing your cool ya fucking hick red neck from the dirty imbred south.

In the words of one of my favorite philosophers, Jules Winnfield: "If my answers frighten you, Vincent, then you should cease asking scary questions." People get frustrated talking to me because I am spot on with my arguments and they can't refute them. When people get frustrated at me and start hurling insults and names, it lets me know I've said something that they had no response for or couldn't refute. Makes my day! Others may get hurt feelings and most people enjoy being liked by others... I'm not built that way.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I don't need to convince you or prove anything to you. I don't understand any other way to describe what I connect with personally besides "spiritual energy" or "God." You can call me stupid, inbred, hick... whatever, I still know that I am making a connection with something real. You can hate me, you can denigrate me, you can insult me, but it doesn't change what I know that I am connecting with.

It's not in my head, it's not imagination, or I would not feel a very real benefit from it. You can claim it's my imagination or try to explain it away with speculatory bullshit that science does not support, but I still know that it's real because I connect with it and gain benefit from it. You can let that bother you, and it can get under your skin, but I can't change what I know. It can eat at you so much that you feel compelled to spend days and weeks here in this forum spewing the same debunked nonsense over and over again, rejecting what I say, denying the points I've made, refusing to accept my testimonial and the testimonials of others, and it still does not matter to me one iota. You can keep this up for another year, ten years, twenty, fifty... doesn't matter, won't matter.

There is literally NOTHING you're ever going to be able to do that will make me think otherwise. And I bet that I speak for just about anyone who believes in God here. All you are succeeding in doing is proving the point of my OP. No one who didn't believe in God would spend this much of their time trying to refute God.

Think about this in some context other than God for a moment... You may think Elvis is the greatest, I may think the Beatles are the greatest... we can argue back and forth, both making our points and countering each other's viewpoints, but at some time we're both going to eventually conclude the argument is pointless because we're not changing the other person's mind, and we're going to find something better to do. It doesn't mean we changed our mind, or the other person "won" the argument, we just have better things in life to do than repeat the same argumentative points over and over for no reason. We agree to disagree.

So I have to assume there is more to this than you not believing in God. It's as if you are on a mission to change people's mind about a God that you fully understand is real. That's why this is SO important to you. This means you can't abandon the argument and agree to disagree, because your motivation is not forthright. You believe in God, you know this God is real, and as long as people believe in this God, you can't get to do all the fun stuff you want to do. And that is what this is all about in a nutshell. You won't admit this, of course, but I believe that is the case here. Nothing else can rationally explain why you've continued on and on like this.

I understand exactly where you are and what you feel and think because I use to feel the same way. I just woke up.

I'll give you an example. Emotion. Lets say crying. One time I had a woman on top of me and I was sitting indian style and she was grinding me and I came and I cried. It felt so good tears streamed out. I didn't "boo hoo" cry or sob but I cried. It felt that good. The physical/emotional aspects of life are amazing I will give you that. But that emotion wasn't the devil or hell.

Anyways, I get it. It's hard to believe there is no god. But really, you have a soul but a bear doesn't? How arrogant. And you never answered me about a baby stillborn or aborted. Does it live forever too? Does it grow up to be 18 at least?

And debating with you isn't my favorite thing to do. I get it that we will just have to agree to disagree. That's why I love every once in awhile I find someone else on USMB who gets it. There are a lot more of us out there than you know.

And no. No alterior motive other than I love spreading the truth, the gospel as much as I can. I feel it's important to the survival of our species that we evolve beyond this childish thought.

B: If you don't understand how humans are more special than a mosquito or ape, I can't help you ... humans have far exceeded any other species on the planet.

and when left in a cell with a hungry Lion, what will you do ? - no ( spiritualist ), it was your God that put you in there.

Forum List

Back