🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why do we keep calling terrorists who shoot people SOPHISTICATED?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
There was literally nothing sophisticated about walking into a business, calling out names & shooting them.
Our enemy is neither smart nor sophisticated. Why we give them such credit is baffling. They are a bunch of losers who have 0 values and will kill anyone. Nothing more

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
There was literally nothing sophisticated about walking into a business, calling out names & shooting them.
Our enemy is neither smart nor sophisticated. Why we give them such credit is baffling. They are a bunch of losers who have 0 values and will kill anyone. Nothing more

Yeah, I've noticed that.

This "sophistication" consists of planning that could be done over dinner.

Maybe they mean "sophisticated" for a 17-century civilization, which is pretty much what we're dealing with.

Only they have tech that others created.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava

They should replace sophisticated, with accomplished, although that still sounds like too much credit, for evil monsters. I'm surprised Obama isn't calling them, the gentlemen who...

If you pay attention, the people aren't sophisticated...it's the plot. In this case, they somehow knew this was the time when they were all together in an editorial meeting. IMO that took some effort (or an insider).

• Banned
If you pay attention, the people aren't sophisticated...it's the plot. In this case, they somehow knew this was the time when they were all together in an editorial meeting. IMO that took some effort (or an insider).
Or coincidence?

They should replace sophisticated, with accomplished, although that still sounds like too much credit, for evil monsters. I'm surprised Obama isn't calling them, the gentlemen who...
"If I had a radical Islamic mass-murderers for sons they'd look just like those brothers".

Because they are. Want to lose against an adversary - then underestimate them. I don't want to a casualty of the false pretense that we are dealing with idiots.

Yeah, I've noticed that.

Maybe they mean "sophisticated" for a 17-century civilization, which is pretty much what we're dealing with.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

Do you think you can create an explosively formed projectile in your garage? I HIGHLY doubt that you can. Guess what - the terrorists do and they are extremely deadly. They are ingenuitive, intelligent (a few of them at least) and resourceful. Just because they are evil and nutcases does not mean they are operating on simple 'plans that can be made over the dinner table.'

When we went into Afghanistan we drove soft tops and found that was insufficient so we armored the sides of our Humvees. Then they started to bury the explosives because the vehicles were not armored on the bottom so we armored the bottoms. Then they started constructing shaped charges and attaching them to parachutes because the tops of the vehicles were not armored.

• Banned
Because they are. Want to lose against an adversary - then underestimate them. I don't want to a casualty of the false pretense that we are dealing with idiots.
That really has nothing to do with my post. The people in question were not sophisticated. They walked into a soft target and gunned down unarmed civilians with automatic weapons. I fail to see any evidence of sophistication with these nuts. They were armed nutjobs, nothing more.
But if you want to inflate their egos by all means continue on

Yeah, I've noticed that.

Do you think you can create an explosively formed projectile in your garage? I HIGHLY doubt that you can. Guess what - the terrorists do and they are extremely deadly. They are ingenuitive, intelligent (a few of them at least) and resourceful. Just because they are evil and nutcases does not mean they are operating on simple 'plans that can be made over the dinner table.'

When we went into Afghanistan we drove soft tops and found that was insufficient so we armored the sides of our Humvees. Then they started to bury the explosives because the vehicles were not armored on the bottom so we armored the bottoms. Then they started constructing shaped charges and attaching them to parachutes because the tops of the vehicles were not armored.
Missed the point entirely.

A newspaper office in Paris=/=Afghanistan

Yeah, I've noticed that.

Your OP does not make the distinction at all.

What makes you think that this particular group was so much less 'sophisticated' than many of the others are?

More correctly put, they use sophisticated techniques. That would mean #2 below....definitely NOT #3....

adj. adjective
  1. Having or showing much worldly knowledge or cultural refinement.

a sophisticated businesswoman who is unlikely to be outmaneuvered; a sophisticated appraisal of the movie.

2. Very complex or complicated.

the latest and most sophisticated technology.

3. Suitable for or appealing to the tastes of sophisticates.

a sophisticated drama.

I totally agree with you though. There's little sense in using that word to describe them. They are barbarians!

Yeah, I've noticed that.

Yep.

Guns. Building. Getaway car.

Check.

Pass the salt.

Last edited:
Sophisticated?? Not hardly.

They watched and planned which any thug would do wether they were robbers or jihadists.

They gunned down eleven unarmed people. Nothing hard about that.

They weren't so "sophisticated" when the Paris police caught up with them. The armed paris police who shot the hell out of them.

Big difference between unarmed people and armed police.

Kudo's to the Paris police for taking down those "sophisticate" shitbags.

Yeah, I've noticed that.

Your OP does not make the distinction at all.

What makes you think that this particular group was so much less 'sophisticated' than many of the others are?
You're talking about enemy's on the battlefield in Afghanistan & I'm talking about attacks on civilians here & in Europe.

"If I had a radical Islamic mass-murderers for sons they'd look just like those brothers".
Only had girls,,huh???

Forum List

Back