Why do you need to carry a gun?

Not true...I visit and have family and friend In Europe, there is more fatal crimes in here than over there. They lie to you foxnews trust me.
The US is known for shootings, mass shootings, fathers killing their entire families, mom shooting her kids, co workers shooting each other, road rage shooting and you wanna compare to pitty crimes in other parts of the world. We talking thousands of people getting slaughtered more than the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.
I told you many you got accustomed for us who lived in other countries we see that the problem as a huge one.

Maybe you can't follow the conversation. You said in other countries they have less crime than the US. While we may have more murders and deaths, these countries have other crime that's beyond ours because the people can't protect themselves against the bad guys. Europe has a lot of problems with criminals using knives to rob and assault people, and they have a considerable amount of rapes as well. Here, a female can use a gun just as effectively as a male, however she would be at a great disadvantage getting into knife fight with some guy.

It's not the object that does the killing, it's the person using the object. That's what you on the left just can't seem to comprehend. If somebody wants to kill you, they will kill you with any object that works for them I don't care what country you're from.
With your guns you still have more rapes and more crimes and most importantly more deaths. Why?

With more people owning guns and more states adopting CCW programs and laws that protect the shooter, our violent and gun crime rate was on the decline since the early 90's. It didn't turn the other way until the Ferguson Effect kicked in, and the police quit being proactive in minority communities. The criminals created an environment where the police were more scared of them than the other way around, and crime and gun crimes went back on the increase.
Dude you have been killing each other since you landed in this land, you started with the natives and kept on going. This culture of guns and violence needs to end.....i grow up in a country where most citizens have never seing a gun...I grow up next to rough neighberhoods, and you hardly hear about someone killed someone....the worst that can happen to a person is cuts that need stitches.....dude here I open the news channel death is everywhere, not even in rough neighberhoods, but husbands killing their wives, workplace shootings, road rage shootings, school shootings.....When guns are available people tend to feel empowered to use them to make a statement, hence that's why the US has one of the worst death tolls in the world.
I'm telling you, you are numb to it you think its the norm.

Let me ask you: what were your prisons like in your country? Did they get three square meals a day? Did they have a workout room, a pool room, a football field? Did they have air conditioning and a little room in case you wanted your wife to stop over and start a family? Did they have prison accounts where your friends and family could deposit money for you to use while locked up to buy snacks and God knows what else? Did prisoners get to sue the government because they got served grape jello instead of strawberry, or because a prison guard got rough with them?

Well that's what our prisons are like here. We have the same thing in the outside world. We call them Get Away weekends and we have to pay for them ourselves.

If you took a nice productive middle-class neighborhood, and made it law that everybody must own a firearm, their crime statistics wouldn't change. If you took all the guns out of a crime filled lower income neighborhood, their crime statistics would not change either.

It's not the guns and never was. It's the people.
Nope in my country prisons are not as comfy as here for sure....otherwise it defeats the purpose.
I'm for capital punishments, you took a life you have to go, raped a kid? Cut his penis and hang him, armed robbery ? Etc...

Right, because if somebody wants to kill their spouse or employer, the only way to do that is with a gun. Otherwise they will just punch them.

I have no idea where this leftist mentality came from that an inanimate object has the ability to control a human being. Can a fire hydrant make you piss on it like a dog? Does an electrical outlet make you want to stick your tongue in it?

I guess the reason it's so confusing to normal people is because I've never once had an object control my fate yet alone the rest of my natural life. For some reason, you on the left have this belief. But then again, you think man controls the climate as well, and not God.
Guns makes it easy to commit a tragedy...is proven by statistics that those that own guns are more likely to die from them.
23 years in a gun free country: 0 mass shootings, 0 deaths at schools, unheared of killings in work places like here.
Robberies are committed by bats or knives, worse case scenario if you donr hand the robbers the money you will end up with stitches, if they had guns you can say goodbye to the world.

Again you are numb to gun violence, you grew up in this environment you didnt live in a less violent environment.

I lived and grew up in very non-violent areas. Then the blacks moved in and everything changed. So what do you want me to do about that? Thank your Democrat politicians and HUD for it.
Blame also those who screwed the blacks from slavery, segregation to what we see now.
I lived in a big city , and we had some super rough neighborhoods, drugs and all....people get stabbed but hardly ever get killed...now if they had access to guns we would be just like any other US city.

Ah, the joys of living in a diverse multicultural urban environment.
Love it....I get to practice my 4 languages. I had Korean BBQ and heading to a taco stand in a few minutes (ran by illegals).

Hopefully nobody stabs you on the way there

Guns makes it easy to commit a tragedy...is proven by statistics that those that own guns are more likely to die from them.
23 years in a gun free country: 0 mass shootings, 0 deaths at schools, unheared of killings in work places like here.
Robberies are committed by bats or knives, worse case scenario if you donr hand the robbers the money you will end up with stitches, if they had guns you can say goodbye to the world.

Again you are numb to gun violence, you grew up in this environment you didnt live in a less violent environment.

I lived and grew up in very non-violent areas. Then the blacks moved in and everything changed. So what do you want me to do about that? Thank your Democrat politicians and HUD for it.
Blame also those who screwed the blacks from slavery, segregation to what we see now.
I lived in a big city , and we had some super rough neighborhoods, drugs and all....people get stabbed but hardly ever get killed...now if they had access to guns we would be just like any other US city.

Love it....I get to practice my 4 languages. I had Korean BBQ and heading to a taco stand in a few minutes (ran by illegals).

The only is a white supremacist with a machine gun who doesnt like good tasty food lol

The only is a white supremacist with a machine gun who doesnt like good tasty food lol

Rape? Violence? Drug addiction? A small price to pay for easy access to yummy tacos

Those females or males will shoot their partners while asleep when they catch them cheating, some of those guys will shoot their boss when he fires them....that's why the US has 30000 deaths per year.....instead of fists people use guns.

Right, because if somebody wants to kill their spouse or employer, the only way to do that is with a gun. Otherwise they will just punch them.

I have no idea where this leftist mentality came from that an inanimate object has the ability to control a human being. Can a fire hydrant make you piss on it like a dog? Does an electrical outlet make you want to stick your tongue in it?

I guess the reason it's so confusing to normal people is because I've never once had an object control my fate yet alone the rest of my natural life. For some reason, you on the left have this belief. But then again, you think man controls the climate as well, and not God.

Yea, can't imagine you'll run into any folks that experienced or screwed blacks from slavery. At least none that were born and raised in this country, maybe that's just your country.
Segregation era peeps are all dead? The racists all gone ?

Yea, can't imagine you'll run into any folks that experienced or screwed blacks from slavery. At least none that were born and raised in this country, maybe that's just your country.
Segregation era peeps are all dead? The racists all gone ?

You said slavery, do try to pay attention.

Maybe you can't follow the conversation. You said in other countries they have less crime than the US. While we may have more murders and deaths, these countries have other crime that's beyond ours because the people can't protect themselves against the bad guys. Europe has a lot of problems with criminals using knives to rob and assault people, and they have a considerable amount of rapes as well. Here, a female can use a gun just as effectively as a male, however she would be at a great disadvantage getting into knife fight with some guy.

It's not the object that does the killing, it's the person using the object. That's what you on the left just can't seem to comprehend. If somebody wants to kill you, they will kill you with any object that works for them I don't care what country you're from.
With your guns you still have more rapes and more crimes and most importantly more deaths. Why?

With more people owning guns and more states adopting CCW programs and laws that protect the shooter, our violent and gun crime rate was on the decline since the early 90's. It didn't turn the other way until the Ferguson Effect kicked in, and the police quit being proactive in minority communities. The criminals created an environment where the police were more scared of them than the other way around, and crime and gun crimes went back on the increase.
Dude you have been killing each other since you landed in this land, you started with the natives and kept on going. This culture of guns and violence needs to end.....i grow up in a country where most citizens have never seing a gun...I grow up next to rough neighberhoods, and you hardly hear about someone killed someone....the worst that can happen to a person is cuts that need stitches.....dude here I open the news channel death is everywhere, not even in rough neighberhoods, but husbands killing their wives, workplace shootings, road rage shootings, school shootings.....When guns are available people tend to feel empowered to use them to make a statement, hence that's why the US has one of the worst death tolls in the world.
I'm telling you, you are numb to it you think its the norm.

Let me ask you: what were your prisons like in your country? Did they get three square meals a day? Did they have a workout room, a pool room, a football field? Did they have air conditioning and a little room in case you wanted your wife to stop over and start a family? Did they have prison accounts where your friends and family could deposit money for you to use while locked up to buy snacks and God knows what else? Did prisoners get to sue the government because they got served grape jello instead of strawberry, or because a prison guard got rough with them?

Well that's what our prisons are like here. We have the same thing in the outside world. We call them Get Away weekends and we have to pay for them ourselves.

If you took a nice productive middle-class neighborhood, and made it law that everybody must own a firearm, their crime statistics wouldn't change. If you took all the guns out of a crime filled lower income neighborhood, their crime statistics would not change either.

It's not the guns and never was. It's the people.
Nope in my country prisons are not as comfy as here for sure....otherwise it defeats the purpose.
I'm for capital punishments, you took a life you have to go, raped a kid? Cut his penis and hang him, armed robbery ? Etc...

Which can never be done here without a constitutional amendment of cruel and unusual punishment. But I agree, it would work.

Many years ago a middle-eastern family opened up a store. It was right around the corner from me so I always shopped there.

One night I came in and the police were leaving. I asked the young clerk what happened, and he said a drunk walked into the store, took four packs of cigarettes off the counter and walked out. The police told him if he comes back, call them and they would kick the guy out of the store.

He said his grandmother wanted to know how he was doing in America, so he sent her our local newspaper. She wrote back with great concern. She said we have more theft in our suburb in one week than the entire middle-east has in a years time.

He said where he was from, they had outdoor markets and picnic tables for patrons to rest. He said if a woman lay her purse on a table and walked away forgetting about it, it would probably still be there the next day. Why? Because where he was from, if you got caught stealing anything, the police would chop off your hand on the spot. Steal again, they chop off your other hand. There is no third time.

Saw this posted no less than 5 times at a local bank I will leave unidentified.....(NO Shit)
noguns.jpg

Right......I'm sure this guy will read that sign and leave it all in the car

gunthug.jpg

Leaving anyone and everyone else law abiding in grave danger and unable to defend themselves.

Brilliant.

I think you live in fantasy world.

A few years ago a friend of mine called me to go shooting at the range. I haven't been to the range in many years, so I accepted.

Several years earlier the range was a different place. They have about a dozen booths, and perhaps four or five were being occupied on any given part of the day. The females would sit out in the store behind the window either having a BS conversation with other wives and girlfriends, or reading a book as their men had fun.

When I went back, the place was standing room only. It took us nearly two hours to get a booth. Behind the glass on the range were the guys, but just as many gals as well. Just like couples who go out to dinner together or perhaps bowling, the couples now are enjoying putting holes in targets.

If that's not surprising enough, the range we normally go to was the only one in town. Now several more opened up and from what I understand, they too are packed every minute they're open.

So your hope is the exact opposite. More and more Americans are enjoying firearms than ever before, and it's catching like wildfire.
Those females or males will shoot their partners while asleep when they catch them cheating, some of those guys will shoot their boss when he fires them....that's why the US has 30000 deaths per year.....instead of fists people use guns.

So what's the difference if you get stabbed or shot? Dead is dead as far as I'm concerned.

Question: Do you guys carry bullet-proof vests when you check the mailbox?

Why or why not?

Uhhhhh, because they are illegal to own unless you are a police officer?????

So now that we established that your statement is bullshit, what's the real reason you don't wear one when you go to the mailbox?

So let's go with that. Somebody takes a gun and shoots at you, but you have a bulletproof vest on. Realizing that and you have some protection, and no defense, he then shoots you in the head. What good did the vest do you?

Now if I have a gun on me and shoot back, it will scare the assailant and I live to see another day.

Any other questions?

Which can never be done here without a constitutional amendment of cruel and unusual punishment. But I agree, it would work.

Many years ago a middle-eastern family opened up a store. It was right around the corner from me so I always shopped there.

One night I came in and the police were leaving. I asked the young clerk what happened, and he said a drunk walked into the store, took four packs of cigarettes off the counter and walked out. The police told him if he comes back, call them and they would kick the guy out of the store.

He said his grandmother wanted to know how he was doing in America, so he sent her our local newspaper. She wrote back with great concern. She said we have more theft in our suburb in one week than the entire middle-east has in a years time.

He said where he was from, they had outdoor markets and picnic tables for patrons to rest. He said if a woman lay her purse on a table and walked away forgetting about it, it would probably still be there the next day. Why? Because where he was from, if you got caught stealing anything, the police would chop off your hand on the spot. Steal again, they chop off your other hand. There is no third time.

Sad...but this is exactly the ONLY way crime here in "Free" America will be brought under control.

Like I've said before.....too many people cannot handle freedom. It should not be a right. It should be earned. Ask our Founding Fathers about earning freedom.
Nor should it be impossible for ordinary people to earn it...nor denied to anyone deserving.
Military service should be a prerequisite to earning full freedom in this society.

Why or why not?

So now that we established that your statement is bullshit, what's the real reason you don't wear one when you go to the mailbox?

So let's go with that. Somebody takes a gun and shoots at you, but you have a bulletproof vest on. Realizing that and you have some protection, and no defense, he then shoots you in the head. What good did the vest do you?

Now if I have a gun on me and shoot back, it will scare the assailant and I live to see another day.

Any other questions?

I'm not comparing the usefulness of gun vs bullet-proof vest.

When you go out to get your mail, which is more safe?

1) A gun and a bullet-proof vest.
2) A gun without a bullet-proof vest.

And your "it's illegal" bullshit isn't going to work.

Girls with acid thrown on them. Girls killed for going to school. Women attacked by mobs of barbarians. Told they can not drive cars. Yes, women are Sacred in Islam. Or something.

And according to Issa, they would much rather live there than in the US.

Why or why not?

Any other questions?

To be honest, I was wrong. I always thought it was illegal; maybe just in my state.

Sure, a vest and a gun would be dandy. But if only the choice of the two, I'm taking my gun. After all, putting on a vest takes a little time. I know. One of my students when I taught music at a music store used to take off all that crap before he could start his lesson. It took up half of his time.

A gun you just grab and stick it in your holster which takes a few seconds.

Why or why not?

Any other questions?

To be honest, I was wrong. I always thought it was illegal; maybe just in my state.

Sure, a vest and a gun would be dandy. But if only the choice of the two, I'm taking my gun. After all, putting on a vest takes a little time. I know. One of my students when I taught music at a music store used to take off all that crap before he could start his lesson. It took up half of his time.

A gun you just grab and stick it in your holster which takes a few seconds.

It's not illegal in your state. I looked it up.

It's not a choice between one or the other.

Here's a video of a guy putting on a bullet-proof vest. It takes him about 2 seconds to put the vest on.

Sad...but this is exactly the ONLY way crime here in "Free" America will be brought under control.

Like I've said before.....too many people cannot handle freedom. It should not be a right. It should be earned. Ask our Founding Fathers about earning freedom.
Nor should it be impossible for ordinary people to earn it...nor denied to anyone deserving.
Military service should be a prerequisite to earning full freedom in this society.

Well I disagree with that because everybody is not military grade. Right now we have the best military because we have only people that want to do the job.

Freedom is for everybody in this country. If you don't want it, don't try to take away mine. Just leave the country and go to a place where less freedom exists.

If our death penalty would be carried out within three months of sentencing instead of fifteen years, and have it on pay-per-view where the family earns the proceeds, I guarantee you we could cut our murder rate in half without taking one firearm away from a free loving American.

Rape? Violence? Drug addiction? A small price to pay for easy access to yummy tacos
If it happened to you doesnt mean it happens to everyone :)

After reading a multitude of silly posts from rightwinger, I tried to pick out the one most stupid. This is it:
Thé bad guys know they will not get away with it. A camera somewhere will capture them or their vehicle. Along with DNA....There is no perfect crime anymore
The bad guys do not fear your guns.....it is the cost of doing business
The camera is a bigger deterrent than your gun
I don't wish you the obvious scenario - when a criminal holds a gun to your child's head and you take a picture - but you clearly lead a very sheltered and bigoted life. You have my sympathy, and I hope all your posting and posing is helping ease your frustrations.

It's also interesting that you believe there are no unsolved crimes, and that criminals think rationally. Try to land on earth and face reality.
More drama from gun nuts
When a criminal is holding a gun to your child’s head, it is too late to start a shoot out..

You watch too many movies

And when cameras eliminate the crime, guns won't be needed. But cameras won't eliminate the crime.

Cameras deter crime and catch criminals. When criminals find few of their associates getting away with it, they find other adventures.
Most crimes today have videos on the news within hours.

Armed citizens rarely stop a crime.

That's a pipe dream. No nation has ever successfully prevented violent crime, so there will always be a need for defense. And your last point has been refuted many times.

Forum List

Back