Why do you need to carry a gun?

The gun numbers: just 3% of American adults own a collective 133m firearms

But America’s gun super-owners, have amassed huge collections. Just 3% of American adults own a collective 133m firearms – half of America’s total gun stock. These owners have collections that range from eight to 140 guns, the 2015 study found. Their average collection: 17 guns each.

Leftist BS. If that were true, most of my friends and family would not own any firearms.

Gun ownership in the U.S. 1972-2018 | Statistic
Most gun owners own up to three guns

The three percent super gun owners own half the guns in the US

It doesn't change the fact nearly half our population owns guns. But even if they didn't.......the reason you are safe in your home and perhaps on the street is because we do have the right to arm ourselves.

We had a debate in our local blog when they were considering a CCW program in our state. An adversary asked why I wanted the law to pass? I told him for one, my mother lives alone and never drove a car in her life. She's in her early 70's and walks everywhere she goes.

To that he asked that if the law passed, would my mother walk around armed when she goes to the store? I said no she wouldn't, but the criminal doesn't now that. Now they know she's not armed.

If you want to see what a disarmed society would look like, go to a sign store and have a huge sign made that says WE HAVE NO FIREARMS IN THIS HOUSE and hang that on your front porch. Get back to us in a few months (if you're still alive) and let us know how that worked out for you.

That's what a disarmed society would do.

I will gladly hang a sign that says I have no firearms in my house as long as long as you post a sign that says you do have firearms

I have nothing in my house of value to a criminal. A few TVs, some jewelry, appliances, crappy art work

You, on the other hand, have something of value to criminals.......firearms

After reading a multitude of silly posts from rightwinger, I tried to pick out the one most stupid. This is it:
Thé bad guys know they will not get away with it. A camera somewhere will capture them or their vehicle. Along with DNA....There is no perfect crime anymore
The bad guys do not fear your guns.....it is the cost of doing business
The camera is a bigger deterrent than your gun
I don't wish you the obvious scenario - when a criminal holds a gun to your child's head and you take a picture - but you clearly lead a very sheltered and bigoted life. You have my sympathy, and I hope all your posting and posing is helping ease your frustrations.

It's also interesting that you believe there are no unsolved crimes, and that criminals think rationally. Try to land on earth and face reality.
More drama from gun nuts
When a criminal is holding a gun to your child’s head, it is too late to start a shoot out..

You watch too many movies

And when cameras eliminate the crime, guns won't be needed. But cameras won't eliminate the crime.

Cameras deter crime and catch criminals. When criminals find few of their associates getting away with it, they find other adventures.
Most crimes today have videos on the news within hours.

Armed citizens rarely stop a crime.

That's a pipe dream. No nation has ever successfully prevented violent crime, so there will always be a need for defense. And your last point has been refuted many times.
More criminals are caught because of cameras than armed citizens

After reading a multitude of silly posts from rightwinger, I tried to pick out the one most stupid. This is it:
I don't wish you the obvious scenario - when a criminal holds a gun to your child's head and you take a picture - but you clearly lead a very sheltered and bigoted life. You have my sympathy, and I hope all your posting and posing is helping ease your frustrations.

It's also interesting that you believe there are no unsolved crimes, and that criminals think rationally. Try to land on earth and face reality.
More drama from gun nuts
When a criminal is holding a gun to your child’s head, it is too late to start a shoot out..

And when cameras eliminate the crime, guns won't be needed. But cameras won't eliminate the crime.

Cameras deter crime and catch criminals. When criminals find few of their associates getting away with it, they find other adventures.

That's a pipe dream. No nation has ever successfully prevented violent crime, so there will always be a need for defense. And your last point has been refuted many times.

Is the idea to allow the crime to happen and then catch the criminal, or stop the criminal act? A camera doesn't stop anything. And what do you care if the person gets caught when you're dead?

More drama from gun nuts

That's meaningless to the elderly woman facing a rapist. "Oh, good, he's going to get caught a week after I get out of the hospital. I'm so glad that camera over there caught him following me out of the store". How much of a police state do you want?

But America’s gun super-owners, have amassed huge collections. Just 3% of American adults own a collective 133m firearms – half of America’s total gun stock. These owners have collections that range from eight to 140 guns, the 2015 study found. Their average collection: 17 guns each.

Leftist BS. If that were true, most of my friends and family would not own any firearms.

It doesn't change the fact nearly half our population owns guns. But even if they didn't.......the reason you are safe in your home and perhaps on the street is because we do have the right to arm ourselves.

We had a debate in our local blog when they were considering a CCW program in our state. An adversary asked why I wanted the law to pass? I told him for one, my mother lives alone and never drove a car in her life. She's in her early 70's and walks everywhere she goes.

To that he asked that if the law passed, would my mother walk around armed when she goes to the store? I said no she wouldn't, but the criminal doesn't now that. Now they know she's not armed.

If you want to see what a disarmed society would look like, go to a sign store and have a huge sign made that says WE HAVE NO FIREARMS IN THIS HOUSE and hang that on your front porch. Get back to us in a few months (if you're still alive) and let us know how that worked out for you.

I will gladly hang a sign that says I have no firearms in my house as long as long as you post a sign that says you do have firearms

I have nothing in my house of value to a criminal. A few TVs, some jewelry, appliances, crappy art work

But that's the beauty of having guns in our society; nobody knows if you are armed or not. If a person is going to break into your house, they will make sure as much as they can it will be unoccupied. Because if they break in while somebody is home, it's likely going to be a death sentence.

A criminal doesn't know if you are able to protect yourself of not just like a criminal doesn't know if you have valuables in your house or not.

More drama from gun nuts

Is the idea to allow the crime to happen and then catch the criminal, or stop the criminal act? A camera doesn't stop anything. And what do you care if the person gets caught when you're dead?

And don't you just love the oft-repeated "Armed citizens rarely stop a crime"?

More drama from gun nuts

Criminals knowing they have little chance of getting away with the crime stops the act

But that's the beauty of having guns in our society; nobody knows if you are armed or not. If a person is going to break into your house, they will make sure as much as they can it will be unoccupied. Because if they break in while somebody is home, it's likely going to be a death sentence.

A criminal doesn't know if you are able to protect yourself of not just like a criminal doesn't know if you have valuables in your house or not.
Criminals prefer to break in to an unoccupied home.
Makes the job easier and it is a lesser crime

You posting you have guns makes you more of a target for theft. Hard to fence the crap they steal from my house. Your guns are easy to fence

More criminals are captured and sentenced because of video cameras than because an armed citizen captured or shot them

Criminals prefer to break in to an unoccupied home.
Makes the job easier and it is a lesser crime

You posting you have guns makes you more of a target for theft. Hard to fence the crap they steal from my house. Your guns are easy to fence

Yes they are, and as long as I give the criminal some uncertainty, he will avoid breaking into my home while I'm there.

Criminals knowing they have little chance of getting away with the crime stops the act

Oh please. Anybody can put on a hoodie or face hat. You can take out the lens of a camera with a simple high powered BB gun. Sure, cameras help, but cameras don't stop the crime. That's why we have footage all the time of people getting assaulted or shot. They know the cameras are there, but simply don't care.

And don't you just love the oft-repeated "Armed citizens rarely stop a crime"?

Leftists are puppets. They only know what they've been told.

There are thousands of stories of armed citizens saving the day, but most of them never make it to the national media. They are reported locally if that, and very often a one day story unless it's a cop shooting an unarmed black guy.

I have a folder of them, but there are so many I stopped keeping the links. However my favorite one is this story. It's about a CCW holder that saved the life of a police officer. It's a two year old story so they took the video down but the story is still there. Again, something never covered by the MSM.

Trooper shot in ‘ambush’ on Arizona highway; passerby fatally shoots suspect

The only way to seriously give criminals LITTLE chance of getting away with the crime is a police state with constant surveillance of everyone. Every conversation, every move, every interaction has to be monitored and recorded. Short of that and you leave vulnerable areas that are quickly exploited. Do you really want that?

History is rife with criminals who knew they were likely to be caught, yet did the crime anyway.

Maybe you can't follow the conversation. You said in other countries they have less crime than the US. While we may have more murders and deaths, these countries have other crime that's beyond ours because the people can't protect themselves against the bad guys. Europe has a lot of problems with criminals using knives to rob and assault people, and they have a considerable amount of rapes as well. Here, a female can use a gun just as effectively as a male, however she would be at a great disadvantage getting into knife fight with some guy.

It's not the object that does the killing, it's the person using the object. That's what you on the left just can't seem to comprehend. If somebody wants to kill you, they will kill you with any object that works for them I don't care what country you're from.
With your guns you still have more rapes and more crimes and most importantly more deaths. Why?

More than what? Some country you've arbitrarily chosen to compare us to, which has very little in common with our own? Or more than our own country would have if law-abiding citizens were unarmed and defenseless?

Guess which one of those comparisons actually matters to us.
You are numb to violence....kids get slaughtered and it is just another day for ya. I understand that's the Norma you grow up in.

Am I? You actually feel good about sitting there and asserting that about a person you don't know?

I've been a victim of a violent crime. How about YOU? Tell me about the criminal who assaulted YOU on a dark street, about testifying at his trial with him sitting there six feet away from you. Tell me about how YOU felt when the papers reported that the man who assaulted you was being tried for murder. Tell me what it was like when YOU watched him executed.

ONE of us is numb to violence, you pusillanimous bucket of snake vomit, but it isn't me. You can preach to me about your "moral superiority" in airily deciding that women like me are safer without guns right after Hell freezes over.

I live in this country and American women like me are safer when we're armed. I don't give a flying fuck what your tinpot country decides to do, and I sure as shit don't need your advice on what this one should do.
I think you better off living ina country where women are not assaulted as much. Cause 1 in 4 women or so get sexually harassed. Even the highest office is occupied by a pussy grabber and the highest court is occupied by a rapist.

I think you have no idea about women's safety or "better off". The safest place for me and any other woman is in a country that allows me to protect myself because it recognizes that evil predators are everywhere, and can't just be wished away by the airy-fairy fantasies of a bunch of junkless left-wing pussy men who care more about their ideology than a bunch of skirts they don't know and won't have to personally deal with.

And don't even get me started on how turning this conversation into, "Well, Trump sucks, so you should be disarmed" because that's far more urgent than talking about women's safety in practical terms reveals exactly what a misogynist pig who's "numb to violence" you are. I actually care about real women and their safety; you care about preening yourself on your "lofty" ideology.

Gun control is the insane theory that a woman found raped in an alleyway and strangled with her own pantyhose is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to the cops how her attacker got that bullet hole.

Oh please. Anybody can put on a hoodie or face hat. You can take out the lens of a camera with a simple high powered BB gun. Sure, cameras help, but cameras don't stop the crime. That's why we have footage all the time of people getting assaulted or shot. They know the cameras are there, but simply don't care.
I saw a story on the news once
A bunch of kids broke into a car dealership and jumped up and down on the cars and smashed windows They did 40 k damage

The kids were smart and knew there were cameras. So they all wore scream masks
Perfect crime

But the cops got video from a nearby subway platform that showed the kids without their masks

Cameras are everywhere

I think you live in fantasy world.

A few years ago a friend of mine called me to go shooting at the range. I haven't been to the range in many years, so I accepted.

Several years earlier the range was a different place. They have about a dozen booths, and perhaps four or five were being occupied on any given part of the day. The females would sit out in the store behind the window either having a BS conversation with other wives and girlfriends, or reading a book as their men had fun.

When I went back, the place was standing room only. It took us nearly two hours to get a booth. Behind the glass on the range were the guys, but just as many gals as well. Just like couples who go out to dinner together or perhaps bowling, the couples now are enjoying putting holes in targets.

If that's not surprising enough, the range we normally go to was the only one in town. Now several more opened up and from what I understand, they too are packed every minute they're open.

So your hope is the exact opposite. More and more Americans are enjoying firearms than ever before, and it's catching like wildfire.
Those females or males will shoot their partners while asleep when they catch them cheating, some of those guys will shoot their boss when he fires them....that's why the US has 30000 deaths per year.....instead of fists people use guns.

Right, because if somebody wants to kill their spouse or employer, the only way to do that is with a gun. Otherwise they will just punch them.

I have no idea where this leftist mentality came from that an inanimate object has the ability to control a human being. Can a fire hydrant make you piss on it like a dog? Does an electrical outlet make you want to stick your tongue in it?

I guess the reason it's so confusing to normal people is because I've never once had an object control my fate yet alone the rest of my natural life. For some reason, you on the left have this belief. But then again, you think man controls the climate as well, and not God.
Guns makes it easy to commit a tragedy...is proven by statistics that those that own guns are more likely to die from them.
23 years in a gun free country: 0 mass shootings, 0 deaths at schools, unheared of killings in work places like here.
Robberies are committed by bats or knives, worse case scenario if you donr hand the robbers the money you will end up with stitches, if they had guns you can say goodbye to the world.

Again you are numb to gun violence, you grew up in this environment you didnt live in a less violent environment.

I lived and grew up in very non-violent areas. Then the blacks moved in and everything changed. So what do you want me to do about that? Thank your Democrat politicians and HUD for it.
Blame also those who screwed the blacks from slavery, segregation to what we see now.
I lived in a big city , and we had some super rough neighborhoods, drugs and all....people get stabbed but hardly ever get killed...now if they had access to guns we would be just like any other US city.

Sorry, what percentage of your country's population is black? You can tell us about your "superiority" on race issues when YOU don't live in a country that's almost entirely white.

And you'll excuse me if I don't think it's an improvement to be stabbed with a knife instead of shot with an "eeeevil" gun.

Forum List

Back