Why do you need to carry a gun?

Guns makes it easy to commit a tragedy...is proven by statistics that those that own guns are more likely to die from them.
23 years in a gun free country: 0 mass shootings, 0 deaths at schools, unheared of killings in work places like here.
Robberies are committed by bats or knives, worse case scenario if you donr hand the robbers the money you will end up with stitches, if they had guns you can say goodbye to the world.

Again you are numb to gun violence, you grew up in this environment you didnt live in a less violent environment.

I lived and grew up in very non-violent areas. Then the blacks moved in and everything changed. So what do you want me to do about that? Thank your Democrat politicians and HUD for it.
Blame also those who screwed the blacks from slavery, segregation to what we see now.
I lived in a big city , and we had some super rough neighborhoods, drugs and all....people get stabbed but hardly ever get killed...now if they had access to guns we would be just like any other US city.

Ah, the joys of living in a diverse multicultural urban environment.
Love it....I get to practice my 4 languages. I had Korean BBQ and heading to a taco stand in a few minutes (ran by illegals).

Hopefully nobody stabs you on the way there

Being stabbed is good, because knives are much more moral than guns. Apparently, you're less dead that way, or something.

That's a pipe dream. No nation has ever successfully prevented violent crime, so there will always be a need for defense. And your last point has been refuted many times.
More criminals are caught because of cameras than armed citizens

Is the idea to allow the crime to happen and then catch the criminal, or stop the criminal act? A camera doesn't stop anything. And what do you care if the person gets caught when you're dead?

Criminals knowing they have little chance of getting away with the crime stops the act

Oh please. Anybody can put on a hoodie or face hat. You can take out the lens of a camera with a simple high powered BB gun. Sure, cameras help, but cameras don't stop the crime. That's why we have footage all the time of people getting assaulted or shot. They know the cameras are there, but simply don't care.
I saw a story on the news once
A bunch of kids broke into a car dealership and jumped up and down on the cars and smashed windows They did 40 k damage

The kids were smart and knew there were cameras. So they all wore scream masks
Perfect crime

But the cops got video from a nearby subway platform that showed the kids without their masks

Cameras are everywhere

Good story, but even with the cameras, they still did 40K in damage to the cars.

Okay, maybe you can get their parents to pay for the damage or something, however it's not the same with a human life.

More criminals are caught because of cameras than armed citizens

Is the idea to allow the crime to happen and then catch the criminal, or stop the criminal act? A camera doesn't stop anything. And what do you care if the person gets caught when you're dead?

Criminals knowing they have little chance of getting away with the crime stops the act

Oh please. Anybody can put on a hoodie or face hat. You can take out the lens of a camera with a simple high powered BB gun. Sure, cameras help, but cameras don't stop the crime. That's why we have footage all the time of people getting assaulted or shot. They know the cameras are there, but simply don't care.
I saw a story on the news once
A bunch of kids broke into a car dealership and jumped up and down on the cars and smashed windows They did 40 k damage

The kids were smart and knew there were cameras. So they all wore scream masks
Perfect crime

But the cops got video from a nearby subway platform that showed the kids without their masks

Cameras are everywhere

Good story, but even with the cameras, they still did 40K in damage to the cars.

Okay, maybe you can get their parents to pay for the damage or something, however it's not the same with a human life.

And no matter what surveillance method you put in place, there will always be those who believe they can beat it or just don't care. Example, look at how many schemes there are out there that promise to obscure your car's license plate from the camera but not the observant officer. How many criminals try to outrun the police, even with a helicopter overhead? No, knowledge that criminals are likely to be caught didn't prevent crime, and it's cold comfort to that 88 year old woman lying on the ground, trying desperately to stay alive after being attacked by a thug who thought he put the mask on away from the camera. She felt perfectly safe, until she wasn't.

Freedom, as I've often stated, is risky, and those who would trade it for the illusion of safety often end up with neither.

Those females or males will shoot their partners while asleep when they catch them cheating, some of those guys will shoot their boss when he fires them....that's why the US has 30000 deaths per year.....instead of fists people use guns.

Right, because if somebody wants to kill their spouse or employer, the only way to do that is with a gun. Otherwise they will just punch them.

I have no idea where this leftist mentality came from that an inanimate object has the ability to control a human being. Can a fire hydrant make you piss on it like a dog? Does an electrical outlet make you want to stick your tongue in it?

I guess the reason it's so confusing to normal people is because I've never once had an object control my fate yet alone the rest of my natural life. For some reason, you on the left have this belief. But then again, you think man controls the climate as well, and not God.
Guns makes it easy to commit a tragedy...is proven by statistics that those that own guns are more likely to die from them.
23 years in a gun free country: 0 mass shootings, 0 deaths at schools, unheared of killings in work places like here.
Robberies are committed by bats or knives, worse case scenario if you donr hand the robbers the money you will end up with stitches, if they had guns you can say goodbye to the world.

Again you are numb to gun violence, you grew up in this environment you didnt live in a less violent environment.

I lived and grew up in very non-violent areas. Then the blacks moved in and everything changed. So what do you want me to do about that? Thank your Democrat politicians and HUD for it.
Blame also those who screwed the blacks from slavery, segregation to what we see now.
I lived in a big city , and we had some super rough neighborhoods, drugs and all....people get stabbed but hardly ever get killed...now if they had access to guns we would be just like any other US city.

Sorry, what percentage of your country's population is black? You can tell us about your "superiority" on race issues when YOU don't live in a country that's almost entirely white.

And you'll excuse me if I don't think it's an improvement to be stabbed with a knife instead of shot with an "eeeevil" gun.
My country is an African country....
So now you blaming rape and crimes on blacks ?

Love it....I get to practice my 4 languages. I had Korean BBQ and heading to a taco stand in a few minutes (ran by illegals).

Being stabbed is good, because knives are much more moral than guns. Apparently, you're less dead that way, or something.
Guys are more lethal.
Why America bas a gun violence epidemic eventhough guns are available to the masses contrary to most of the world?

Guys are more lethal.
Why America bas a gun violence epidemic eventhough guns are available to the masses contrary to most of the world?

It's due in large part to the influence of hispanic and black thug culture, and how this lifestyle is glorified by the entertainment media.

Right, because if somebody wants to kill their spouse or employer, the only way to do that is with a gun. Otherwise they will just punch them.

I have no idea where this leftist mentality came from that an inanimate object has the ability to control a human being. Can a fire hydrant make you piss on it like a dog? Does an electrical outlet make you want to stick your tongue in it?

I guess the reason it's so confusing to normal people is because I've never once had an object control my fate yet alone the rest of my natural life. For some reason, you on the left have this belief. But then again, you think man controls the climate as well, and not God.

Sorry, what percentage of your country's population is black? You can tell us about your "superiority" on race issues when YOU don't live in a country that's almost entirely white.

And you'll excuse me if I don't think it's an improvement to be stabbed with a knife instead of shot with an "eeeevil" gun.

Nope. I'm saying that if you live in a homogenous country, you have nothing to tell us about racism and race relations. The fact that your country is, in fact, a reverse homogeny from those we normally hear utterly-unearned preening and self-righteousness doesn't change that fact.

Or, to put it in words someone who's stupid enough to be a leftist can understand, call me when you don't live in a racist heaven.

Guys are more lethal.

No, guns are no more lethal than any other weapon. They're just more convenient.

The real question here is, "Why do dumbfucks who don't live in America actually think they know more about it than people who are actually here?" And the follow-up question: "Who the fuck asked a bunch of no-nothing foreign twats for their advice on how to run things in a culture they know nothing about?"

Your pissant racist paradise works for you, you just go on with yourself. If you ever become a major world power that people clamor to get into, MAYBE your opinion on how it's done will matter. Until then, you're like a rat trying to tell an eagle that he's flying wrong.

Why do people carry guns?
In case they have to kill somebody

I’m 62 years old and never been close to a situation where I needed to kill someone. That would be a lot of gun carrying for no reason

Not long ago, I walked to the mailbox, and along my route I saw a Copperhead snake. For those who are uninformed about this particular snake, it is venomous. A healthy adult probably will not die from the bite, providing that they receive medical attention promptly. However, children, and elderly, will find the bite far more deadly. Not to mention pets. Everyone on my street has dogs, and I have cats as well. Additionally my neighbor is in his 80’s, and he would probably find the bite life threatening.

So this snake was a danger to my pets, my neighbors, and the children who live a quarter mile away.

I pulled the pistol I habitually carry, and shot the snake. I was in my yard, in my neighborhood, if you can call it a neighborhood to live in such a rural area. Yet I was armed, because this is not the first wildlife threat I’ve found myself facing. We also have Wild Boar, which are very aggressive and potentially dangerous or deadly. Coyotes are heard from time to time as they roam along the wooded areas that take up a vast majority of the space out here.

I did not go looking for the snake. I did not go out of my way searching for it. I found it on my normal path, walking to the mailbox in my rural area, on my land. In my yard, the area with grass and such.

So why carry a gun? Because if I had to turn around and rush to the house to get the pistol, the snake may have moved, and been difficult, or impossible to locate. Perhaps he would have returned to the woods, where I sometimes walk, to check the property, but never in a hunting frame of mind. That snake might have bitten my dog, my cats, or my neighbors pets. It might have bitten my neighbor, the old man who has his mailbox positioned next to mine. It might have bitten a child. The best you could hope for is an expensive trip to the Emergency Room, sucking your cash out to pay for the care you would need to minimize the danger.

There is much truth in the old saying. It is better to have, and not need, than to need and not have. There are. Probably a dozen more Copperheads within two hundred yards of where I sit. In the woods, or marshy areas. Hunting and living, and just as much of a danger to the neighborhood as the one I shot. I did not break the law. In Georgia, you can kill venomous snakes, but not non venomous snakes. The experts tell you to take two steps back, and run away if you come across one. That is not my way. It leaves the problem for another. It leaves the danger for my 80 year old neighbor, his dog, or the dogs two doors down who meander over to say hello now and then.

It leaves the danger for the children, who ride their bikes up and down the dirt road.

So why do you need to carry a gun? Because there are more dangers than the odd robbery, or attempted murder. Because the world is filled with threats, two legged, four legged, and even no legs at all. With a gun, you have a much better chance of survival than without. With a gun, you do not guarantee survival, but you increase your odds dramatically.

Yes, accidents are going to happen, just as they do with cars and drivers. Yes, people are going to use the gun to criminally harm another. And yes, people who have guns are going to die before they can get the thing into play. I didn’t say it was a miracle answer, I just said it increases your odds of survival. No one can guarantee your safety or protection. The best that they, or I, can do is give you a fighting chance at survival. Be it from a Copperhead, or a Shitheaded thug. If you choose to take no action to protect yourself, that is your choice, and I’ll respect it. But do not try and take that right from others, because I won’t respect that.
Pantywaists rubes.
Never been in trench ware fare in theirlives

Why do you need to carry a gun?

The same reason chic magnet guys like me carry a condom...for protection

Guys are more lethal.

No, guns are no more lethal than any other weapon. They're just more convenient.

The real question here is, "Why do dumbfucks who don't live in America actually think they know more about it than people who are actually here?" And the follow-up question: "Who the fuck asked a bunch of no-nothing foreign twats for their advice on how to run things in a culture they know nothing about?"

Your pissant racist paradise works for you, you just go on with yourself. If you ever become a major world power that people clamor to get into, MAYBE your opinion on how it's done will matter. Until then, you're like a rat trying to tell an eagle that he's flying wrong.

Nice foul mouth.
Zero college rube?
I haven't seen any swedes Norwegians etc etc battering down our doors.
They laugh at us rubes

Why do people carry guns?
In case they have to kill somebody

I’m 62 years old and never been close to a situation where I needed to kill someone. That would be a lot of gun carrying for no reason

Then you shouldn't carry one. But if that's what you decide, don't criticize us when we carry ours. That's all we ask.

Not long ago, I walked to the mailbox, and along my route I saw a Copperhead snake. For those who are uninformed about this particular snake, it is venomous. A healthy adult probably will not die from the bite, providing that they receive medical attention promptly. However, children, and elderly, will find the bite far more deadly. Not to mention pets. Everyone on my street has dogs, and I have cats as well. Additionally my neighbor is in his 80’s, and he would probably find the bite life threatening.

So this snake was a danger to my pets, my neighbors, and the children who live a quarter mile away.

I pulled the pistol I habitually carry, and shot the snake. I was in my yard, in my neighborhood, if you can call it a neighborhood to live in such a rural area. Yet I was armed, because this is not the first wildlife threat I’ve found myself facing. We also have Wild Boar, which are very aggressive and potentially dangerous or deadly. Coyotes are heard from time to time as they roam along the wooded areas that take up a vast majority of the space out here.

I did not go looking for the snake. I did not go out of my way searching for it. I found it on my normal path, walking to the mailbox in my rural area, on my land. In my yard, the area with grass and such.

So why carry a gun? Because if I had to turn around and rush to the house to get the pistol, the snake may have moved, and been difficult, or impossible to locate. Perhaps he would have returned to the woods, where I sometimes walk, to check the property, but never in a hunting frame of mind. That snake might have bitten my dog, my cats, or my neighbors pets. It might have bitten my neighbor, the old man who has his mailbox positioned next to mine. It might have bitten a child. The best you could hope for is an expensive trip to the Emergency Room, sucking your cash out to pay for the care you would need to minimize the danger.

There is much truth in the old saying. It is better to have, and not need, than to need and not have. There are. Probably a dozen more Copperheads within two hundred yards of where I sit. In the woods, or marshy areas. Hunting and living, and just as much of a danger to the neighborhood as the one I shot. I did not break the law. In Georgia, you can kill venomous snakes, but not non venomous snakes. The experts tell you to take two steps back, and run away if you come across one. That is not my way. It leaves the problem for another. It leaves the danger for my 80 year old neighbor, his dog, or the dogs two doors down who meander over to say hello now and then.

It leaves the danger for the children, who ride their bikes up and down the dirt road.

So why do you need to carry a gun? Because there are more dangers than the odd robbery, or attempted murder. Because the world is filled with threats, two legged, four legged, and even no legs at all. With a gun, you have a much better chance of survival than without. With a gun, you do not guarantee survival, but you increase your odds dramatically.

Yes, accidents are going to happen, just as they do with cars and drivers. Yes, people are going to use the gun to criminally harm another. And yes, people who have guns are going to die before they can get the thing into play. I didn’t say it was a miracle answer, I just said it increases your odds of survival. No one can guarantee your safety or protection. The best that they, or I, can do is give you a fighting chance at survival. Be it from a Copperhead, or a Shitheaded thug. If you choose to take no action to protect yourself, that is your choice, and I’ll respect it. But do not try and take that right from others, because I won’t respect that.
You could have turned around and walked away
The snake would have gone on its way

People who walk around armed are pussies

I think it's sad that you have no argument and just want to call names. Not the most intelligent tactic, but you do seem to enjoy it.

Who do you think is responsible for most of our crimes, whites?

You need to look at statistics for that answer. In the US, you are eight times more likely to be killed by a black than a white. And blacks only make up about 13% of our population.

As for your country, you never said what country that actually is. Probably afraid somebody will look it up to show it's not the utopia you claim it is. After all, you live here now; at least that's what you said a couple months ago.

Who do you think is responsible for most of our crimes, whites?

You need to look at statistics for that answer. In the US, you are eight times more likely to be killed by a black than a white. And blacks only make up about 13% of our population.

As for your country, you never said what country that actually is. Probably afraid somebody will look it up to show it's not the utopia you claim it is. After all, you live here now; at least that's what you said a couple months ago.

Multiculturalism leads to conflict. Homogeneous communities are safer. It's always been so throughout history. It's a goddamn no brainer.

Why 33,000? If five people a year save their lives or the lives of others, isn't it worth it? Because you leftists live in fantasy world. You think if you disarm the good guys, the bad guys will gladly disarm with them.

32,995 deaths say it is not worth it

Gun owners live in a fantasy world of bad guys behind every corner, Red Dawn fighting a Russian invasion and copperheads on the way to the mailbox

Why is it talking to a liberal is like talking to a brick wall? What don't you understand about we can never get rid of guns in this country? All we can do is disarm the good people. That only makes things worse.
We can get rid of guns in this country the same way we have gotten rid of cigarettes ......social pressure

Nobody confiscated cigarettes. But smokers found their spouses and children did not want to be around them. Same will happen with guns.

Plenty of people still smokes cigarettes. I'm having one right now. How long have recreational narcotics been illegal? All of my life. Yet we have a worse problem now than we did 30 years ago. We have record high overdose deaths and predicted to increase every year.

Drinking and driving is illegal, yet we have constant stories about drunks getting on the highway in the wrong direction and killing themselves and others in head on collisions all the time.

You are never going to stop the law breakers no matter what laws you have. That's why they are criminals; they don't listen to the law. All it will really do is increase the cost of illegal firearms making them more worth killing for.
Cigarette smoking is 25 percent of what it once was. Fewer people smoke and smokers smoke less. It can be done with guns

Women telling men they don’t want a gun in the house
Fewer places to shoot
Fathers no longer teaching sons to shoot
Fewer people hunting

Wow, smoking is down 25%. Guess that means people don't want cancer. Even with that, cancer from smoking kills 130,659
people a year. So, come back when gun deaths reach 130,000 annually.,

Forum List

Back