Why does a Nazarene keep their hair grown long?

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
Any one up for answering that question?

I'm thinking Samson must have been a Nazarene. What's the hair all about. Does anyone know?

The influence of European art made Jesus look like Jeffrey Hunter in "King of Kings"

He was a carpenter. Probably a fairly burly guy. Hair style was likely whatever the Jews were wearing back then.

I imagine blue-eyed Nazarenes were in short supply. :laugh:

I'm thinking Samson must have been a Nazarene. What's the hair all about. Does anyone know?

Samson's mother was told to never cut his hair

The long curls of many orthodox are religious to differentiate from cults in ancient times that cut or shaved hair and wore wigs.

Samson was a Danite

>>"Nazarite" comes from the Hebrew word נזיר nazir meaning "consecrated"<<

No answer for what the hair represent?

I answered that and Nazarene and Nazarite are not the same. Samson was blessed or consecrated by god. His gift of strength was symbolized by his hair. Cut he looses his gift of incredible strength and in the end gathers his last bit of muscle strength to bring down the philistine temple.

I answered that and Nazarene and Nazarite are not the same. Samson was blessed or consecrated by god. His gift of strength was symbolized by his hair. Cut he looses his gift of incredible strength and in the end gathers his last bit of muscle strength to bring down the philistine temple.
I understood what you answered but it does not describe what is the hair. Thank you though for trying.

caitlyn-jenner-hero-200x250.jpg

Wait.....wut should I not cut off again?

I understood what you answered but it does not describe what is the hair. Thank you though for trying.

Payot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

upload_2016-7-12_17-3-3.jpeg
Wikipedia
Payot are worn by some men and boys in the Orthodox Jewish community based on an interpretation of the Biblical injunction against shaving the "corners" of one's head. Literally, pe'ah means "corner, side, edge". There are different styles of payot among Haredi, Yemenite, and Hasidic Jews.

View attachment 81348Wikipedia
Payot are worn by some men and boys in the Orthodox Jewish community based on an interpretation of the Biblical injunction against shaving the "corners" of one's head. Literally, pe'ah means "corner, side, edge". There are different styles of payot among Haredi, Yemenite, and Hasidic Jews.
Yes they think they have the answer via their own precepts and flesh exhibitions.

Yes they think they have the answer via their own precepts and flesh exhibitions.

Leviticus 19:27

Of course they use the law via their own precepts using carnal thoughts.

I was curious as well, and the main answer I can think of is it let everyone know they were going through a vow period.

Another article I read that they were not allowed to even comb their hair so as to pull a strand out but only to straighten it with their hands.

The I read that rabbis have long beards due to make a bridge between the brain and heart (LOL).

Those bananas curls are ugh, I really doubt they curled their hair in the early biblical days , can you imagine a grown man wearing those and curling them.

In Acts Paul has to pay for haircuts of Nazarenes who are done with their vows.

(My opinion- scraggly bearded rabbis are just too lazy to trim their beards, my husband has a beard and he keeps it trimmed)

I was curious as well, and the main answer I can think of is it let everyone know they were going through a vow period.

Another article I read that they were not allowed to even comb their hair so as to pull a strand out but only to straighten it with their hands.

The I read that rabbis have long beards due to make a bridge between the brain and heart (LOL).

Those bananas curls are ugh, I really doubt they curled their hair in the early biblical days , can you imagine a grown man wearing those and curling them.

In Acts Paul has to pay for haircuts of Nazarenes who are done with their vows.

(My opinion- scraggly bearded rabbis are just too lazy to trim their beards, my husband has a beard and he keeps it trimmed)
This Protestant conclusion is a lot of bunk. See supra in the citation.

In very ancient times prior to 1000 BC men usually wore long hair, as depicted in the movie "Troy".

This fashion changed however during classical Roman times, when men who could afford it got haircuts.

Jesus was a very rich man, as we are told by St. Paul, and therefore he could afford haircuts too.

Paul also tells us long hair on men is viewed as effeminate in his days.

So it is unlikely Jesus had long hair.

Effeminate Medieval and Renaissance artists painted Jesus as having long hair.

fallacy.

common fallacy in art too.

Jesus had short hair not long.

Nazarite or Nazarene?
I agree a lot of fallacies are out there but is it not that there is a lot thinking within a carnal mindset going on. How many can renew their minds to think in the spirit?

I doubt Jesus walked around looking like an idiot like this.

However Moses did command in Lev. 19:27 something to this effect about males to not trim their hair and beards.

I have always interpreted this however that God loves long sideburns and hates goatee's and hates tat's too.

Leviticus 19 YLT

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/lev19.pdf

Forum List

Back