🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why does Creationist view cause a problem as Sec of the Army?

His opinions as to creation have as much relevancy as his favorite color.
I am tending to agree with that, although Xelor and Lone made a point.
Without specifying which type of Creationism they are referring to they really have not made a point.

About 40% of scientists believe that God had a hand in evolution.
Over 30,000 scientists say 'Catastrophic Man-Made Global Warming' is a complete hoax and science lie

Most Christians believe that evolution occured.
5 facts about evolution and religion

So you and Xellor and nitwit thinks that 40% of our scientists and virtually all Christians, and I guess all Muslims as well are gullible fools?

Seriously?

Without specifying which type of Creationism they are referring to they really have not made a point.

About 40% of scientists believe that God had a hand in evolution.
Over 30,000 scientists say 'Catastrophic Man-Made Global Warming' is a complete hoax and science lie

Most Christians believe that evolution occured.
5 facts about evolution and religion

So you and Xellor and nitwit thinks that 40% of our scientists and virtually all Christians, and I guess all Muslims as well are gullible fools?

Seriously?
Take it easy there, Jim. I asked a question, they gave an answer, and I noted the point. I have also noted yours.

Trump wants Mark Green for Secretary of the Army. There's a real issue there because he is a Creationist and because he said psychiatrists consider transgenderism a disease.

Are those actual issues as secretary of the Army? I'm really asking. I don't see how those views have anything to do with the position.

Trump Army secretary pick gave a lecture arguing against the theory of evolution - CNNPolitics.com

It goes to a person's inability to reason. If you are ignorant enough to believe that man didn't evolve, you are susceptible to all manner of bullshit conspiracy theory.
It goes to a person's inability to reason. If you are ignorant enough to believe that man didn't evolve, you are susceptible to all manner of bullshit conspiracy theory.
Belief and reason are two very separate cognitive functions. Many people who choose to believe that God created the world and its creatures as written in the Bible are perfectly aware of evolutionary science. As Jim pointed out, there are different schools of thought on "creationism." Spiritual belief is a conscious choice when faced with "facts" to the contrary.
I don't really think it is an indicator that someone is ignorant or that their mental processes are lacking. People who protect their children from learning evolution in school are doing them a disservice, I feel; that IS courting ignorance. I doubt if that is the case with Mark Green, however. He knows the arguments. He has chosen belief instead. I don't buy that he is unable to think critically because of it. He has chosen belief, which by it's definition is not based on facts.

Trump wants Mark Green for Secretary of the Army. There's a real issue there because he is a Creationist and because he said psychiatrists consider transgenderism a disease.

Are those actual issues as secretary of the Army? I'm really asking. I don't see how those views have anything to do with the position.

Trump Army secretary pick gave a lecture arguing against the theory of evolution - CNNPolitics.com
If being a Creationist is an Issue, then simply being a Christian, Jew, or Muslim should be an issue because these three religions are based on believing in a Creator.

If being a Creationist is an Issue, then simply being a Christian, Jew, or Muslim should be an issue because these three religions are based on believing in a Creator.
I did not hear anymore about Mark Green last night, so hopefully it was a very short burst of criticism which didn't fly.

Belief and reason are two very separate cognitive functions. Many people who choose to believe that God created the world and its creatures as written in the Bible are perfectly aware of evolutionary science. As Jim pointed out, there are different schools of thought on "creationism." Spiritual belief is a conscious choice when faced with "facts" to the contrary.
I don't really think it is an indicator that someone is ignorant or that their mental processes are lacking. People who protect their children from learning evolution in school are doing them a disservice, I feel; that IS courting ignorance. I doubt if that is the case with Mark Green, however. He knows the arguments. He has chosen belief instead. I don't buy that he is unable to think critically because of it. He has chosen belief, which by it's definition is not based on facts.
We actually don't know that man ever evolved. We know that there was neanderthal man and cro-magnon man. They existed at the same time. There has been very little evolution in cro-magnon man and what there has been is either the result of adaptive evolution or improvements in nutrition.

The purpose of attacking this man is to fashion a means of prohibiting religious people's advancement, anywhere.

That's the point. It's a step in the direction of religion being a form of mental illness.

We actually don't know that man ever evolved. We know that there was neanderthal man and cro-magnon man. They existed at the same time. There has been very little evolution in cro-magnon man and what there has been is either the result of adaptive evolution or improvements in nutrition.

The purpose of attacking this man is to fashion a means of prohibiting religious people's advancement, anywhere.
I don't believe that is the motivation. (Notice I'm BELIEVING--LOL) It is Democrats slandering everything to do with Trump and his entire administration, and they are doing it because they are desperately hoping to achieve more political power in 2018. It's their plan. They are actually turning off a lot of people, including me, with their histrionics, although I don't like Trump or agree with a lot of his agenda. It's stupid, but it isn't a direct attack on religious belief.

Are those actual issues as secretary of the Army?
The specific matter that Green is a Creationist is not a problem. The fact that as the whatever type of Creationist he is, and he's clearly not an Evolutionary Creationist, he must necessarily reject, misapply or misunderstand the notion of falsifiability is a problem for it shows there is a huge gap in his understanding of the scientific method, a gap that by its mere existence necessarily means his analytical skills are "so-so" at best.
The issue isn't as much that the SecArmy will perform science, per se, but rather that the concepts and application of the scientific method are part and parcel of rational thought, analysis and decision making of any sort. Although voters can and clearly have installed as POTUS a man of meager cognitive aptitude, mediocrity in that regard is not what we need in anyone who serves as an appointed principal, most especially seeing as the "brains" at the top are not exactly "cooking with gas."
How is the creationist view that different from the Intelligent Design view, in which we find such "idiots" as Michio Kaku? To assume that someone who disagrees with the idea that the universe came from nothing for no reason is stupid is itself rather simplistic and dumb.
How is the creationist view that different from the Intelligent Design view

Google is your friend.

To assume that someone who disagrees with the idea that the universe came from nothing for no reason is stupid is itself rather simplistic and dumb.

Actually, what's stupid is making (1) decisions, and (2) forming arguments, about something other than matters of theology based on a the assumption that question has been conclusively answered for the fact is the "jury is still out" on it. That's particularly so as there is now a mathematical proof that shows it's possible for a universe to have been spontaneously created from nothing. Whether ours is one such universe has not been determined, but we, unlike Aquinas (see also: Summa Contra Gentiles), now know it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Because if he believes that, he'll believe anything
Well, there is that too. LOL
OK, maybe OUY can answer which 'that' you and Mr Clean are referring to?

YEC, OEC or TE?

Frankly I dont hink you have a clue which is referred to because yo are just back slapping someone you think agrees with you; what a shame.
Frankly I dont hink you have a clue which is referred to because yo are just back slapping someone you think agrees with you; what a shame.

I was about to answer you, at least in terms of what I think Mr. Clean meant, and then I got to the quoted sentence, whereupon I decided you don't deserve my answer for your thinking that indicates you've not read enough of my posts. Do I know what Mr. Clean meant? No. I absolutely know what I think he meant and what I inferred as the object, "that," of his statement.

Good grief....left loons find shit to whine about.
The lefty loons want to eliminate Christians from any position of authority or decision making whatsoever. If you want to achieve, give up your religion.
You poor little Christian snowflakes- always believing you are under attack, while controlling virtually every aspect of government.

Since we are speaking about a specific person- we don't know what his particular point of view is other than:
a) he doesn't believe in evolution and
b) he claims to believe in Creationism.

Neither should disqualify him for this position- now if he was up for head of the CDC that would be a different issue.

Life is constantly evolving- however, modern man evolved from earlier man. Cro-Magnon was modern man- Neanderthals were a different species with different DNA- that somewhat interbreed with modern man thousands of years ago- modern man, neandertals and Denosovians(sp?) all evolved from an earlier common ancestor- which is why it was still possible for them to interbreed.

Are those actual issues as secretary of the Army?
The specific matter that Green is a Creationist is not a problem. The fact that as the whatever type of Creationist he is, and he's clearly not an Evolutionary Creationist, he must necessarily reject, misapply or misunderstand the notion of falsifiability is a problem for it shows there is a huge gap in his understanding of the scientific method, a gap that by its mere existence necessarily means his analytical skills are "so-so" at best.
The issue isn't as much that the SecArmy will perform science, per se, but rather that the concepts and application of the scientific method are part and parcel of rational thought, analysis and decision making of any sort. Although voters can and clearly have installed as POTUS a man of meager cognitive aptitude, mediocrity in that regard is not what we need in anyone who serves as an appointed principal, most especially seeing as the "brains" at the top are not exactly "cooking with gas."
How is the creationist view that different from the Intelligent Design view, in which we find such "idiots" as Michio Kaku? To assume that someone who disagrees with the idea that the universe came from nothing for no reason is stupid is itself rather simplistic and dumb.
How is the creationist view that different from the Intelligent Design view

Google is your friend.

To assume that someone who disagrees with the idea that the universe came from nothing for no reason is stupid is itself rather simplistic and dumb.

Actually, what's stupid is making (1) decisions, and (2) forming arguments, about something other than matters of theology based on a the assumption that question has been conclusively answered for the fact is the "jury is still out" on it. That's particularly so as there is now a mathematical proof that shows it's possible for a universe to have been spontaneously created from nothing. Whether ours is one such universe has not been determined, but we, unlike Aquinas (see also: Summa Contra Gentiles), now know it's not outside the realm of possibility.
Xelor, that's impossible.

The problem of having uber-religious people in positions like this is they make decisions based on their religion. Even if subconsciously they will be more likely to want to use US military might to subdue a country that follows another religion. The very same reason it is so dangerous to have religious fanatics in charge of the military in Iran or other extremist regimes.

Last edited:

The problem of having uber-religious peole in positions like this is they make decisions based on their religion. Even if subconsciously they will be more likely to want to use US military might to subdue a country that follows another religion. The very same reason it is so dangerous to have religious fanatics in charge of the military or Iran or other extremist regimes.
I definitely can't put myself in the shoes of an uber-religious person, but I wonder if that is making a pretty big leap? Does being a creationist make Mark Green a fanatic? I don't know. I'm not sure we can assume that.

The problem of having uber-religious peole in positions like this is they make decisions based on their religion. Even if subconsciously they will be more likely to want to use US military might to subdue a country that follows another religion. The very same reason it is so dangerous to have religious fanatics in charge of the military or Iran or other extremist regimes.
I definitely can't put myself in the shoes of an uber-religious person, but I wonder if that is making a pretty big leap? Does being a creationist make Mark Green a fanatic? I don't know. I'm not sure we can assume that.

It is a trend in people drumpf has chosen. uber-Kristians who will use their position to push THEIR religion.

A soft theocracy.

Forum List

Back