🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why does Creationist view cause a problem as Sec of the Army?

Nothing comes from nothing (hum along....nothing ever could...) and zero plus zero equals zero. Zero minus zero equals zero. Zero times zero equals zero. Zero divided by zero equals zero.
Is this something along the lines of any number to the zero power equals 1?
Try googling zero divided by zero
If you tell me zero divided by zero ISN'T zero, I'm gonna have a meltdown. LOL
f you tell me zero divided by zero ISN'T zero

Well, will you also "meltdown" if we tell you that indeterminate (not defined) and zero are different things?
I will accept that without tears.
Well, that's a start then. I'm gonna let that settle before we move to the next step. I'm not in mood for lady-tears today.

Xelor, that's impossible.
What is?
Nothing comes from nothing (hum along....nothing ever could...) and zero plus zero equals zero. Zero minus zero equals zero. Zero times zero equals zero. Zero divided by zero equals zero.

No. Click the link I provided for the assertion. What "it" (the mathematical proof) is -- as opposed to what it is like -- is explained in really straightforward (easily enough grasped by non-mathematicians) language in the introduction and other prose one finds there. The paper isn't long either.
Ummm...you either linked the wrong paper or you're sadly mistaken about my powers of understanding that level of scientific chat.
You've once again proved you're smarter than me. LOL
The proof shows that when a small true vacuum bubble is created by changes in the energy found at a local energy minimum within the vacuum, the bubble can expand exponentially, which in turn results in the creation of matter." Simply put, under the right conditions, something can be created from nothing. Whether something, our universe/multiverse, has been created from nothing is a different question.

It's critical to realize that though energy can be converted to matter, "matter" being "something," energy is not mater. One might think of it as being roughly analogous to an idea for creating a thing not being the same thing as the thing one creates using the idea.
Where did the energy come from? Is that what God is? Energy? That spark coming off his finger to Adam? The breath of life?
And isn't energy or an idea "something?"

Last edited:
The problem of having uber-religious peole in positions like this is they make decisions based on their religion. Even if subconsciously they will be more likely to want to use US military might to subdue a country that follows another religion. The very same reason it is so dangerous to have religious fanatics in charge of the military or Iran or other extremist regimes.
I definitely can't put myself in the shoes of an uber-religious person, but I wonder if that is making a pretty big leap? Does being a creationist make Mark Green a fanatic? I don't know. I'm not sure we can assume that.

It is a trend in people drumpf has chosen. uber-Kristians who will use their position to push THEIR religion.

A soft theocracy.
Other than Pence, who?

The fake education secretary who wants to use vouchers to allow 'her kind' to opt out of public school and go to bible school.
Ohhh so only religious people will get vouchers. How will that work?
Obviously not. It is not just for religious schools, is it? Won't charter schools be involved?

Trump wants Mark Green for Secretary of the Army. There's a real issue there because he is a Creationist and because he said psychiatrists consider transgenderism a disease.

Are those actual issues as secretary of the Army? I'm really asking. I don't see how those views have anything to do with the position.

Trump Army secretary pick gave a lecture arguing against the theory of evolution - CNNPolitics.com

So many libtards equate 'Creationism' to 'Young Earth Creationism' when they are different things. Young Earth Creationism is a subgroup of Creationism that also includes Old Earth Creationism and that also includes Theistic Evolution.

And you ask a good question, What does him not believing in evolution have to do with his job as Secretary of the Army?

It seems to be just another excuse to delay a Trump appointee.

10,000 vs 4.5 billion..........not off by much

I definitely can't put myself in the shoes of an uber-religious person, but I wonder if that is making a pretty big leap? Does being a creationist make Mark Green a fanatic? I don't know. I'm not sure we can assume that.

It is a trend in people drumpf has chosen. uber-Kristians who will use their position to push THEIR religion.

A soft theocracy.
Other than Pence, who?

The fake education secretary who wants to use vouchers to allow 'her kind' to opt out of public school and go to bible school.
Ohhh so only religious people will get vouchers. How will that work?
Obviously not. It is not just for religious schools, is it? Won't charter schools be involved?
Private Atheist schools should also be able to take advantage of such vouchers.

If his priorities lie in a magical next life, and he'll put those ahead of real issues affecting his charges or our country, then that's a problem.
You're talking about 80+ percent of this country with the magical next life thing. Must everyone be an atheist? I do NOT want this thread to go there. I should have guessed it would. My real interest is in WHY it matters. I don't think the Christian belief in heaven hell thing is a sensible answer. We are predominantly a Christian country.

"There are no atheists in foxholes" Not that long ago, sodomy and adultery got you a dishonorable discharge from the military.

Leftists fight tooth and nail against God and anything God-related as a knee-jerk reaction.

Obama placed wackadoodle people in charge of the military who used the

enlisted for guinea pigs in a social experiment.

That ends now.

If his priorities lie in a magical next life, and he'll put those ahead of real issues affecting his charges or our country, then that's a problem.
You're talking about 80+ percent of this country with the magical next life thing. Must everyone be an atheist? I do NOT want this thread to go there. I should have guessed it would. My real interest is in WHY it matters. I don't think the Christian belief in heaven hell thing is a sensible answer. We are predominantly a Christian country.

"There are no atheists in foxholes" Not that long ago, sodomy and adultery got you a dishonorable discharge from the military.
And soon sodomy and adultery will get you a metal.

Anyone ever read The Tao of Physics?
Never read that, but I have read The Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy.
Loved Hitchhiker's. The Tao of Physics is a wonderful book by a physicist who can speak Old Lady. Outlines how the tenets of eastern thought seem to anticipate modern particle physics.
It was written 35 years ago, so probably some of the physics is "outdated" to the science geeks, but it was understandable and fascinating.

Leftists fight tooth and nail against God and anything God-related as a knee-jerk reaction.

That ends now.
I hope you don't include females in what ends now.

Trump wants Mark Green for Secretary of the Army. There's a real issue there because he is a Creationist and because he said psychiatrists consider transgenderism a disease.

Are those actual issues as secretary of the Army? I'm really asking. I don't see how those views have anything to do with the position.

Trump Army secretary pick gave a lecture arguing against the theory of evolution - CNNPolitics.com

So many libtards equate 'Creationism' to 'Young Earth Creationism' when they are different things. Young Earth Creationism is a subgroup of Creationism that also includes Old Earth Creationism and that also includes Theistic Evolution.

And you ask a good question, What does him not believing in evolution have to do with his job as Secretary of the Army?

It seems to be just another excuse to delay a Trump appointee.

10,000 vs 4.5 billion..........not off by much
Not sure what you mean

That ends now.
I hope you don't include females in what ends now.

No, just the using of the military for social engineering.

Heavens no, they don't want a Christian in charge of the whole thing.

No. Click the link I provided for the assertion. What "it" (the mathematical proof) is -- as opposed to what it is like -- is explained in really straightforward (easily enough grasped by non-mathematicians) language in the introduction and other prose one finds there. The paper isn't long either.
Ummm...you either linked the wrong paper or you're sadly mistaken about my powers of understanding that level of scientific chat.
You've once again proved you're smarter than me. LOL
The proof shows that when a small true vacuum bubble is created by changes in the energy found at a local energy minimum within the vacuum, the bubble can expand exponentially, which in turn results in the creation of matter." Simply put, under the right conditions, something can be created from nothing. Whether something, our universe/multiverse, has been created from nothing is a different question.

It's critical to realize that though energy can be converted to matter, "matter" being "something," energy is not mater. One might think of it as being roughly analogous to an idea for creating a thing not being the same thing as the thing one creates using the idea.
Where did the energy come from? Is that what God is? Energy? That spark coming off his finger to Adam? The breath of life?
I'm not going to "go there" with you. Those questions inherently presuppose that energy is matter, that it is "something" that has weight and takes up space, and it is not. Linguistically, sure, energy is something. I can't do anything about the limitations of the English language and the language that's best suited to communicating the difference is math, and the relevant statements that show that it's possible to transform "nothing" into "something" are in the paper I linked. You noted you aren't comfortable with discussing or considering the topic in the language that precisely explains how that happens, and I can't take the discussion any further in English without running into the semantic inability of English to do. Those realities are what they are, but that they are means there's no place for this line of discussion to go; it'll resolve into a circular discussion.

The problem of having uber-religious peole in positions like this is they make decisions based on their religion. Even if subconsciously they will be more likely to want to use US military might to subdue a country that follows another religion. The very same reason it is so dangerous to have religious fanatics in charge of the military or Iran or other extremist regimes.

A soft theocracy.
Other than Pence, who?

He's rewarding that part of his base; they helped him get elected. Trump is NOT by a long shot a religious guy. I don't think he's got a conservative religious takeover in mind. Now Pence, he's another story.

Oh I agree about drumpf, he's a snake-oil selling pig who would claim to be Ghandi if he thought he'd make a dollar off it. He just uses the various groups. But they DO believe. And to placate them he'll let them do nearly whatever they want, he doesn't care one way or the other.

Obama placed wackadoodle people in charge of the military ......

That ends now.

Clearly with the new nominee that isn't true.

The specific matter that Green is a Creationist is not a problem. The fact that as the whatever type of Creationist he is, and he's clearly not an Evolutionary Creationist, he must necessarily reject, misapply or misunderstand the notion of falsifiability is a problem for it shows there is a huge gap in his understanding of the scientific method, a gap that by its mere existence necessarily means his analytical skills are "so-so" at best.
The issue isn't as much that the SecArmy will perform science, per se, but rather that the concepts and application of the scientific method are part and parcel of rational thought, analysis and decision making of any sort. Although voters can and clearly have installed as POTUS a man of meager cognitive aptitude, mediocrity in that regard is not what we need in anyone who serves as an appointed principal, most especially seeing as the "brains" at the top are not exactly "cooking with gas."
How is the creationist view that different from the Intelligent Design view, in which we find such "idiots" as Michio Kaku? To assume that someone who disagrees with the idea that the universe came from nothing for no reason is stupid is itself rather simplistic and dumb.
How is the creationist view that different from the Intelligent Design view

Google is your friend.

To assume that someone who disagrees with the idea that the universe came from nothing for no reason is stupid is itself rather simplistic and dumb.

Actually, what's stupid is making (1) decisions, and (2) forming arguments, about something other than matters of theology based on a the assumption that question has been conclusively answered for the fact is the "jury is still out" on it. That's particularly so as there is now a mathematical proof that shows it's possible for a universe to have been spontaneously created from nothing. Whether ours is one such universe has not been determined, but we, unlike Aquinas (see also: Summa Contra Gentiles), now know it's not outside the realm of possibility.
Xelor, that's impossible.
What is?

Division by zero is undefined.

And soon sodomy and adultery will get you a metal.

Metal what?

It goes to a person's inability to reason. If you are ignorant enough to believe that man didn't evolve, you are susceptible to all manner of bullshit conspiracy theory.
It goes to a person's inability to reason. If you are ignorant enough to believe that man didn't evolve, you are susceptible to all manner of bullshit conspiracy theory.
Belief and reason are two very separate cognitive functions. Many people who choose to believe that God created the world and its creatures as written in the Bible are perfectly aware of evolutionary science. As Jim pointed out, there are different schools of thought on "creationism." Spiritual belief is a conscious choice when faced with "facts" to the contrary.
I don't really think it is an indicator that someone is ignorant or that their mental processes are lacking. People who protect their children from learning evolution in school are doing them a disservice, I feel; that IS courting ignorance. I doubt if that is the case with Mark Green, however. He knows the arguments. He has chosen belief instead. I don't buy that he is unable to think critically because of it. He has chosen belief, which by it's definition is not based on facts.
We actually don't know that man ever evolved. We know that there was neanderthal man and cro-magnon man. They existed at the same time. There has been very little evolution in cro-magnon man and what there has been is either the result of adaptive evolution or improvements in nutrition.

The purpose of attacking this man is to fashion a means of prohibiting religious people's advancement, anywhere.

Life is constantly evolving- however, modern man evolved from earlier man. Cro-Magnon was modern man- Neanderthals were a different species with different DNA- that somewhat interbreed with modern man thousands of years ago- modern man, neandertals and Denosovians(sp?) all evolved from an earlier common ancestor- which is why it was still possible for them to interbreed.
Could not be a different species with different DNA and successfully interbreed. Different species cannot breed. Lions and tigers will interbreed because they are both of the feline species, but horses and cattle cannot interbreed one being equine and the other bovine.

There has never been proven to be a bridge from the earliest neanderthal and modern cro-magnon. We are all stii cro-magnon.

I came to Christianity from atheism. I find no conflict between religion and science. They prove one another right all the time.

Forum List

Back