Why does our senators have better healthcare plans than we do ?

discuss ( I always wanted to say that)

because when the Republicans wrote an amendment stating that whatever health care bill the democwats passed they (the congress) should be willing to place themselves and their families on said plan.. The result? The demoncwats voted that amendment down flatter than a fritter.

Did they offer any reason ?

do they ever?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...emocrats-are-opposed-giving-their-health-car/

Last edited:
discuss ( I always wanted to say that)

because when the Republicans wrote an amendment stating that whatever health care bill the democwats passed they (the congress) should be willing to place themselves and their families on said plan.. The result? The demoncwats voted that amendment down flatter than a fritter.

Because they are better than us
Smarter than us
and just all around good caring people who only have our best interests at heart

I already answered that

do they ever?

prolly not-----I still don't get why some people get better health coverage than others. and if you have a better one are you healthier as a result ?

give us a break sarah you know darn well if a congresscritter hits the hospital they fall all overthemselves give carte blanche care,, we mere tax paying mortals can root hog and die.

They're leaders, elected officials.

And that makes their health more important than a truck driver's ?

hhhhmmm,, she has established a pecking order,, so by her logic, we who go to work daily and pay FEDERAL Income Tax, should get better than those who don't?? perks,, that's what they call em.

odd-----it would seem some people deserve perks while others don't. You're right---there must be something that someone is or does that entitles them to more perks than others.

do they do something that's more important or tougher ?

I have different plans to choose from where I work. I can pay more upfront and get more when I need to use it. I think congress gets the premium plan as one of their benefits.

I had a basic plan and needed to use it once. It wasn't enough. I ended up having to pay more after surgery to doctors, hospitals, etc..

It's just the way it works right now.

I have different plans to choose from where I work. I can pay more upfront and get more when I need to use it. I think congress gets the premium plan as one of their benefits.

I had a basic plan and needed to use it once. It wasn't enough. I ended up having to pay more after surgery to doctors, hospitals, etc..

It's "just the way it works" ? that's it ?

It's "just the way it works" ? that's it ?

Do you have something more than these questions??

As an employment benefit... not as the benefit for a non-contributor

I have not been "employed" by the govt for over 40 years. Yet I can still get VA healthcare.

Just as retirees from other businesses can still have benefits such as health care that were negotiated for during their employment.....

Jeez are you dense

no one, absolutely no one in the private sector gets to get healthcare benefits from an employer they worked for at the age of 20, FOR THE NEXT 40 YEARS if they no longer work for them dave?

retiring at an early.... 60 in the private sector, gives the employer 5 years of paying that retirement perk, then hands them over to medicare, for the most part....at 65 no previous employer that i worked for would ever pay an employee's insurance for 40 years!!!!!

now, i do not know uscit's situation, for him to get that perk...i admit....

I've got the same healthcare plan as the Senators. You could have shared our plan if you were not so intent on blocking healthcare.

Your Loss

Forum List

Back