Why Does the Right Embrace Ignorance as a Virtue?

Actually the Constitution does place limits on the states and the people. The states cannot deprive the people of rights enumerated in the Constitution and the people cannot violate the constitutional rights of others.

And you can tell this by the repeated use of the phrase "Congress shall make no.." :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Your ego also exceeds your education by a considerable margin! The Constitution is the law that governs Congress. :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Yet you made the absurd claim that the Constitution places limits on the people.

No, I think we can rely on scholars like you to provide all the really valid scientific insight this forum will ever need.

Well of course, you turn to Rachel Maddow and Jon Stewart for all the science you need.

I mean, you're a leftist, ergo you have the intellect of a stalk of broccoli.. :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

When I want completely unbiased opinions about science I turn to Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh. I'll bet they know almost as much as you do.

Dude, an r of .05 makes the statistics useless, regardless of the p value. That is an r^2 of .0025. It says that the independent variable doesn't predict any thing. The p value of .05 says the r value is absolutly correct in that being a conservative has no bearing on scientific knowlwdge. It's just completely random whether they do or don't

But your posting it as demonstating something sure is appropriate. Kinda proves the point.
It also disproves the left's claim that conservatives are scientifically ignorant.

You should perhaps go ahead and admit that.

You provide a perfect example of the kind of ignorance the OP is addressing.
Why? Because I don't immediately and unquestioningly accept and endorse AGW dogma? Because I think you're a self-important dumbass?

These are the questions which plague men's minds.

You need to get off Beck, Rush, Levine,m etc, it's killing the few brain cells you might have left....

Why is this thread not in badlands?

This is a troll thread by a mentally retarded leftist - it has NOTHING to do with science and technology. Megatroll Dad2three clearly failed to complete primary education, and wouldn't know "science" if it bit him on the ass and made his scalp bleed...

Your right, the OP has very little to do with science, but it has everything to do with people who don't except or understand science.

"Accept".

Dumbass.

What's truly funny is in a Yale research paper it was found conservatives have a much better grasp of science than the libs who think they do.:lol::lol:

It turns out that there is about as strong a correlation between scores on the science comprehension scale and identifying with the Tea Party as there is between scores on the science comprehension scale and Conservrepub.

Except that it has the opposite sign: that is, identifying with the Tea Party correlates positively (r = 0.05, p = 0.05) with scores on the science comprehension measure:

www.culturalcognition.net - Cultural Cognition Blog - Some data on education, religiosity, ideology, and science*comprehension

This makes perfect sense.

If USMB is a microcosm of the nation at large, the clearly the conservatives are far better educated than the leftists.

Nope, not even close! USMB political forums are largely comprised of "likely voters" from all parts of the political spectrum.

Given the apathy of registered voters USMB political forums are atypical of the nation at large. What is scary is that this is a reflection of the "better educated" of the conservatives.
It would be scary, if you believed what progressives say about conservatives.

We've talked via PM. Would you think me uneducated or stupid?

It also disproves the left's claim that conservatives are scientifically ignorant.

You should perhaps go ahead and admit that.

Why? Because I don't immediately and unquestioningly accept and endorse AGW dogma? Because I think you're a self-important dumbass?

No, because you're not a real scientist......you just play one on this forum.

You mean like those big Gov't Founders who chose a federal big Gov't over a small states rights? YES

conservatives choose to ignore facts and reality and live in a right wing world of delusion and disconnect created by the right wing echo chamber of spin, lies and misinformation.
The FF WANTED a big Federal Government? :cuckoo:

Wow. You can make yourself believe anything, no matter how stupid, can't you?

Perhaps you've never noticed that the Constitituion places LIMITS on the power of the Federal government. NOT on the people, and NOT on the states.

Actually the Constitution does place limits on the states and the people. The states cannot deprive the people of rights enumerated in the Constitution and the people cannot violate the constitutional rights of others.
True. But most of the limitations are on the fedgov.

Why would the FF place limits on the fedgov if they wanted a huge powerful central government?

Dad2three can't answer that question. Maybe you could give it a shot.

Why Does the Right Embrace Ignorance as a Virtue?

Its easier than thinking, that's why.

HUNDREDS of millions conservatives have spent to create the MYTH of Ronnie, nothing would surprise me Bubba

Like I said...you really believe it. Because it was posted on Democratic Underground, so you immediately and unquestioningly accepted it. And because you wanted to believe it's true, it really IS true.

Magical thinking is a hallmark of progressives. That's how they can see the many historic failures of progressivism and claim it can work.

Mind reader AND a person who sets up false premises and argues from there, I hit the jackpot :lol:

Next we just need the distortions and lies, and you use up ALL the rights wings ammo, as they have nothing else but failed policy to fall back on
It doesn't matter what I say -- you'll call it distortions and lies anyway.

That is YOUR ammo.

You mean like those big Gov't Founders who chose a federal big Gov't over a small states rights? YES

conservatives choose to ignore facts and reality and live in a right wing world of delusion and disconnect created by the right wing echo chamber of spin, lies and misinformation.
The FF WANTED a big Federal Government? :cuckoo:

Wow. You can make yourself believe anything, no matter how stupid, can't you?

Perhaps you've never noticed that the Constitituion places LIMITS on the power of the Federal government. NOT on the people, and NOT on the states.

Weird, perhaps you didn't notice the F/F chose a STRONG federal Gov't over the weaker Articles of Confederation?

And James Madison favored a STRONGER stronger federal Gov't and role while the Anti Federalists wanted stronger states rights, which side won? lol
Yup, no question...you'd have had King George on speed-dial.

"The Republican Brain: The Science of Why They Deny Science--and Reality"

He has written quite a few articles on the web about his research.

Why Republicans Deny Science: The Quest for a Scientific Explanation
Chris Mooney: Why Republicans Deny Science: The Quest for a Scientific Explanation

Want to Understand Republicans? First Understand Evolution
Chris Mooney: Want to Understand Republicans? First Understand Evolution

The Science of Truthiness: Why Conservatives Deny Global Warming
Chris Mooney: The Science of Truthiness: Why Conservatives Deny Global Warming

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Mooney_(journalist)

He's a writer. He's not a scientist.

Confirmation Bias
Confirmation bias refers to a type of selective thinking whereby one tends to notice and to look for what confirms one's beliefs, and to ignore, not look for, or undervalue the relevance of what contradicts one's beliefs.

--

This tendency to give more attention and weight to data that support our beliefs than we do to contrary data is especially pernicious when our beliefs are little more than prejudices.​

Well, that nailed you to the wall.

Oh, then I can dismiss your views on science, because you're not a scientist.

Or is it different...somehow...it just is, dammit!...with you?

That goes without saying. Why would you seek opinions on science from people who aren't scientists? Do you talk to a plumber when you want medical opinions?

That goes without saying. Why would you seek opinions on science from people who aren't scientists? Do you talk to a plumber when you want medical opinions?

Nope. And when I want something from a scientist, I make sure I find one who doesn't alter, distort, and cherry-pick data to arrive at his preselected conclusion.

The tea party wants to cut science by 10%. Hell, they want to end all grants and privatize the entire nws.

These people need to be defeated.

The problem is, idiots like you consider flushing a half a billion dollars down the Solyndra toilet to be a good investment in science.

Government can't choose between ideas and MAKE some of them work. That's best left to private enterprise.

* * * * The Constitution is the law that governs Congress. * * * *

^ that is a correct theoretical assertion.

Sadly, given the realities of American iife for a couple of generations now, it is not a correct assertion about how things really are.

The Constitution is the instrument that is DESIGNED to govern Congress and limit it.

Of course, it is also the instrument that is DESIGNED to govern and limit the power of the Executive Branch.

That's not working out too well either.

The tea party wants to cut science by 10%. Hell, they want to end all grants and privatize the entire nws.

These people need to be defeated.

The problem is, idiots like you consider flushing a half a billion dollars down the Solyndra toilet to be a good investment in science.

Government can't choose between ideas and MAKE some of them work. That's best left to private enterprise.

Private enterprise should establish all this country's priorities because they always have our best interest at heart.

Nope. And when I want something from a scientist, I make sure I find one who doesn't alter, distort, and cherry-pick data to arrive at his preselected conclusion.

Your vast wealth of scientific knowledge no doubt enables you to know the difference.

Forum List

Back