Why doesn’t the GOP just replace the SC nominee for with someone just as conservative?

This is how batshit crazy the GOP is. They would rather “own the libs” than stick to any kind of moral principle and just replace him with some other right wing nut job.

I’m all for it though. The two moderate republican female senators will likely vote no when the confirmation comes thus putting the GOP into further turmoil. Yay for that.
Kavanaugh being a rapist is part of his appeal for Trump sheep.

This is how batshit crazy the GOP is. They would rather “own the libs” than stick to any kind of moral principle and just replace him with some other right wing nut job.

I’m all for it though. The two moderate republican female senators will likely vote no when the confirmation comes thus putting the GOP into further turmoil. Yay for that.
What moral principle are they ignoring?

The Trump vetting process is flawed. Next time, he might nominate someone who turns out to have run a child prostitution ring for all we know.

The GOP can't take that risk right now, this close to the election.

Wait another 24 hours and democrats may accuse Kavanaugh of that too

He isn't a rapist. He has been accused ( with no evidence ) of attempted rape. I know the truth is hard for you, but if you try it will get better with each passing day.

The dems can call him whatever, that doesn't make it real. We'll see how the dems handle Ellison.

Once again, the only RAPIST in DC was Bill Clinton, and the dems did nothing.

He isn't a rapist. He has been accused ( with no evidence ) of attempted rape. I know the truth is hard for you, but if you try it will get better with each passing day.
The 2nd victim is accusing him of rape

naw , heard on tely . No reason for sarcasm plus if it is any source i normally post a link . And then i made an ASSUMPTION and a thought that i posted in post number 14 Faun . All i know is that the TRUMP as President has lots of power to ignore dem deviants Faun .

The second accuser you mean. and you are wrong yet again, they are accusing of sexual assault. But lets go along with your train of thought. Just because someone accuses someone of rape doesn't mean they are a rapist. Your tiny little mind just cant process things.

Except he isn’t a rapist

The dems can call him whatever, that doesn't make it real. We'll see how the dems handle Ellison.

LOLOLOL

Cracks me up how hypocrites like you defend false accusations of rape against a Republican while promoting false accusations of rape against s Democrat.

:dance:

Because Ford is not the only skank out there.

For one, because then they would have to start the whole process of nominating/confirming all over again and they want someone to take Kennedy’s seat before the election. For another, there’s no proof corroborating the accusations levied against Kavanaugh.
-If a second victim steps forward does that not count as at least some corroboration? It does at least seem to establish a pattern.
-For someone, especially a highly educated person to step forward on sexual assault when they know the person will never be able to be put in jail. Knowing full well the political implications and the reaction she would get in a hyper partisan age. One needs to be highly motivated. Either by political opinion or a sense of revenge. I don't know which it is but dismissing it out of hand seems a bit foolish. And of the 2 the first one sounds less likely
- The easiest thing to do would be to pull him, sparing both him the embarrassment of these allegations and depriving democrats of their chance to put this in the mid terms. It doesn't make sense in that light and the OP does pose a legitimate and good question.

No she isn’t. The second “victim” doesn’t even know if he was there

The Trump vetting process is flawed. Just look how many seriously corrupt people he hand picked who have had to all resign or be fired over the past year. Some of them are going to jail!

Next time, Trump might nominate someone who turns out to have run a child prostitution ring for all we know.

The only vetting that should be required is the FBI sign-off. After that hurdle its a matter of qualifications. The Senators believing and investigating every bullshit HS/college escapade is stupid. The FBI cleared Kavanaugh (6) times, end of story. Vote to confirm.
------------------------------------------- but the fly in the ointment is the repub feminazi women that should really be dems and then 'flake' any maybe others . [plus mcstain if he was still alive] .

LOLOLOL

Cracks me up how hypocrites like you defend false accusations of rape against a Republican while promoting false accusations of rape against s Democrat.

:dance:

So you admit these are false accusations.

I’ll take that as progress

i think that as far as Kavanaugh being an issue the big issue is to get Kavanaugh Seated before the mid term elections Billy .
Afraid?

Force through an unpopular selection weeks before an election

The Trump vetting process is flawed. Just look how many seriously corrupt people he hand picked who have had to all resign or be fired over the past year. Some of them are going to jail!

Next time, Trump might nominate someone who turns out to have run a child prostitution ring for all we know.

The only vetting that should be required is the FBI sign-off. After that hurdle its a matter of qualifications. The Senators believing and investigating every bullshit HS/college escapade is stupid. The FBI cleared Kavanaugh (6) times, end of story. Vote to confirm.
Kavanaugh went through 1 full background check, the other 5 only investigated further than the 1, if something new came up, to investigate.... in this case, something new came up, and they should check this out.

The FBI also has trained experts in investigating alleged sexual assaults... that they could use.

For one, because then they would have to start the whole process of nominating/confirming all over again and they want someone to take Kennedy’s seat before the election. For another, there’s no proof corroborating the accusations levied against Kavanaugh.
Even if there is no evidence, continuing with Kavanaugh could still be bad politics if the two female moderate senators voted no.

-If a second victim steps forward does that not count as at least some corroboration? It does at least seem to establish a pattern.
-For someone, especially a highly educated person to step forward on sexual assault when they know the person will never be able to be put in jail. Knowing full well the political implications and the reaction she would get in a hyper partisan age. One needs to be highly motivated. Either by political opinion or a sense of revenge. I don't know which it is but dismissing it out of hand seems a bit foolish. And of the 2 the first one sounds less likely
- The easiest thing to do would be to pull him, sparing both him the embarrassment of these allegations and depriving democrats of their chance to put this in the primaries. It doesn't make sense in that light and the OP does pose a legitimate and good question.
Not at all, as far as I’m concerned. Not when not one of them ever reported the purported incident until the accused was going after, or has achieved, a high profile position. There were about a dozen women who made such claims against Bill Clinton. Did that lend credibility to their accusations? Same with Trump, where about a dozen and a half women made such claims. Did their numbers make them more credible. I don’t believe so in either case. Not unless there’s some actual proof against the individual they’re accusing.

Forum List

Back