Why Don't Christian Zealots Quote Jesus?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
Instead of relying on the Gospels, they prefer to preach "fire & brimstone" from the Old Testament and Revelation. :confused:

Instead of relying on the Gospels, they prefer to preach "fire & brimstone" from the Old Testament and Revelation. :confused:

I suppose you have not realized the book of Revelation is called "The Revelation of Jesus Christ"? :eek:

Yes. It is. Your welcome.

As to fire and brimstone from the Old Testament? Could you be more specific?

It also claims to be a "prophesy," which hasn't yet occurred. Or has it? Why didn't Jesus mention these things during His ministry? Did He just forget? Sorry, I don't place much stock in the Council of Carthage.

Jesus' teachers teach Jesus' truths---- here are 5 teachings from Jesus.

1) Therefore, keep on seeking first the kingdom and his(Jehovah) righteousness, and all these other things will be added.( sustenance. covering, spirituality)
2) The meek will inherit the earth.
3) The lords prayer--Hallowed be thy name-(Father=Jehovah)-- the kingdom, power, and glory all belong to the Father=Jehovah.
4) Jesus teaches--he has a God just like us--his Father=Jehovah) John 20:17, rev 3:12
5) While praying to his Father at John 17:1-6--Jesus teaches the one who sent him( Father-John 5:30) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD-- and one must know ( Father) and know Jesus to get eternal life--verse 6 --Father=Jehovah.

These are important teachings that Jesus' teachers make sure are deep into each ones heart.

I suppose you have not realized the book of Revelation is called "The Revelation of Jesus Christ"? :eek:

Yes. It is. Your welcome.

As to fire and brimstone from the Old Testament? Could you be more specific?
The Book of Revelation, often known simply as Revelation or the Apocalypse, is the final book of the New Testament and occupies a central part in Christian eschatology. Written in Koine Greek, its title is derived from the first word of the text, apokalypsis, meaning "unveiling" or "revelation". The author of the work identifies himself in the text as "John" and says that he was on Patmos, an island in the Aegean, when he was instructed by a heavenly figure to write down the contents of a vision. This John is traditionally supposed to be John the Apostle, although some historical-critical scholarship reject this view. Recent scholarship has suggested other possibilities including a putative figure given the name John of Patmos. Most modern scholars believe it was written around AD 95, with some believing it dates from around AD 70.
really? it was written long after jesus's death..
and "john" never met jesus..
the heavenly figure is never named...so to say it's jesus is complete speculation...also a search revealed the book of revelations is the proper name.
the title "The Revelation of Jesus Christ" is extra biblical (after the fact)

Revelation does not refer to actual people or events, but is an allegory of the spiritual path and the ongoing struggle between good and evil.

n.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Revelation

Last edited:
I posted quotes by Jesus showing his concern for the poor and the sick and these right winger morons tried to argue with me that I didn't understand what he was talking about. Uh, he was talking about the poor and the sick. Not all that difficult to understand.

What is a Christian zealot? What does crazy mean to you? The fact that they are teaching fire and brimstone or people who teach the entire Bible? I think Jesus spoke more about hell than heaven.

However, I started a Christian website to teach the entire Bible and no one cared.

If someone in college shows dedication and studies every minute, you would say they're dedicated but the minute a Christian does that, they are considered crazy.

By Christian "zealot," I mean someone who is unwilling to accept the fact that others may honestly disagree with their interpretations of the Bible. As a result, they typically resort to vague passages (and implied threats therein) in order to cow others into silence. They are not "crazy," but they tend to be compulsive in this regard.

Why Don't Christian Zealots Quote Jesus?

the Hebraist heretical cults in Christianity can't get what they want from the words of Jesus is why

By Christian "zealot," I mean someone who is unwilling to accept the fact that others may honestly disagree with their interpretations of the Bible. As a result, they typically resort to vague passages (and implied threats therein) in order to cow others into silence. They are not "crazy," but they tend to be compulsive in this regard.

... with their interpretations of the Bible.

There are two Bibles ... written and unwritten, needing the written one is where the zealotry begins.

I posted quotes by Jesus showing his concern for the poor and the sick and these right winger morons tried to argue with me that I didn't understand what he was talking about. Uh, he was talking about the poor and the sick. Not all that difficult to understand.

Most so-called Christians do nothing but hate the poor or the infirm on USMB.

Please go back to the Politics forum. And stay there.:eusa_hand:

I take a literal view and an educated view. You also have to understand that there are people who will come here to make fun of Christianity because it is their low form of entertainment because they have nothing better in life to do and they aren't here to reason so this is where arguments come in because they are usually starting one and not willing to listen. I think it is sick because I don't go to the atheist message boards to bother them and I'm not here to force other people to believe. I just have a strong apologetic to offer people and why shouldn't I promote the truth?

Please go back to the Politics forum. And stay there.:eusa_hand:

No thanks.

I take a literal view and an educated view. You also have to understand that there are people who will come here to make fun of Christianity because it is their low form of entertainment because they have nothing better in life to do and they aren't here to reason so this is where arguments come in because they are usually starting one and not willing to listen. I think it is sick because I don't go to the atheist message boards to bother them and I'm not here to force other people to believe. I just have a strong apologetic to offer people and why shouldn't I promote the truth?

I depends on what you think the truth is.

sorry chuck you can't have a literal view and be truly educated..education is about subtlety and nuance...allegory... etc..life is not black and white..

What Christian zealots are preaching fire and brimstone from the Old Testament and Revelation?

No it's not difficult to understand. And yet you seem to think it means that Jesus wanted us to rob those who are wealthy with the power of government and use that money to keep people poor and politicians in power.

What Christ was telling us to do is to minister to those in need. Not create more people in need.

Forum List

Back