Why don't Republicans care about technology?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
Internet-Map.jpg

Why? Why do they want to live in places that resemble a 3rd world country? I want a high tech society.

It is much easier to wire densely-populated cities than far-flung rural areas where houses might be a mile apart. Not brain surgery!

Speaking of 3rd world countries and political parties, how many illegals from countries south of the border are pouring through the border and being given instant legal representation courtesy of the sellouts-in-charge?

I'd rather have a closed and enforced border than faster internet.
Priorities.

I think a more accurate statement would be "why are progressives so stupid as to believe a map of internet speeds (based on population density and economic activity) equates to denial, or lack of care for technology?"

Utah greenest of the green

and reddish of the red

I wouldn't trust tech either when voting machines give gop votes to dems. What's the science in that

I think a more accurate statement would be "why are progressives so stupid

Kind of rhetorical question, isn't it?

Mods takin' the high road. Something to see!

The fact is that we pay much more for much less when it comes to internet connectivity.

BBC News - Why is broadband more expensive in the US

Why is American internet so slow - The Week

America Pays More For Internet Gets Slower Speeds Than Other Countries

The reason is that we have allowed a few companies to monopolize the infrastructure.

I think a more accurate statement would be "why are progressives so stupid

Kind of rhetorical question, isn't it?

Mods takin' the high road. Something to see!

The fact is that we pay much more for much less when it comes to internet connectivity.

BBC News - Why is broadband more expensive in the US

Why is American internet so slow - The Week

America Pays More For Internet Gets Slower Speeds Than Other Countries

The reason is that we have allowed a few companies to monopolize the infrastructure.

A friend in the industry tells me it's manhole covers. All of the telephone infrastructure was built before they found out the optimum distance between manhole covers (I kid you not) and the Europeans benefited from their utter destruction in WWII, by being able to rebuild everything at the optimum distances.

A friend in the industry tells me it's manhole covers. All of the telephone infrastructure was built before they found out the optimum distance between manhole covers (I kid you not) and the Europeans benefited from their utter destruction in WWII, by being able to rebuild everything at the optimum distances.

Infastructure yes, but not necessarily the distance between manholes. Here in the United States we started putting utilities underground in the last years of the 19th Century. For the last century and a quarter we've added more things.... electric, telephone, cable, fiber optic, etc.... to the existing sewer and water lines that were already going in the ground at that time. Which means that most major cities are a hodge-podge of underground utilities with little capability to straighten out, improve, or re-order what's in the ground. As you pointed out, Europe got to press the "reset" button after WWII because so much of the area was decimated.

Additionally, with the number of public utility companies over there, the Government does a lot more infastructure work for utilities as I understand it. Things which have to be paid for by the companies/customers over here.

Forum List

Back