Why exactly do we still celebrate Father's Day?

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
I didn't want to ask on the day itself, but this is one subject where the feminists are right for once. It has no real history, being literally made up about a hundred years ago by commercial interests for the sole purpose of drumming up business. Even if that weren't the case and it were a real holiday, it would still be totally unnecessary. Fatherhood is a full time occupation. Spending time with your baby momma and chirrin should be the norm anyway. If you need to set aside a specific day to remember to be with your family then you're doing it wrong.

I didn't want to ask on the day itself, but this is one subject where the feminists are right for once. It has no real history, being literally made up about a hundred years ago by commercial interests for the sole purpose of drumming up business. Even if that weren't the case and it were a real holiday, it would still be totally unnecessary. Fatherhood is a full time occupation. Spending time with your baby momma and chirrin should be the norm anyway. If you need to set aside a specific day to remember to be with your family then you're doing it wrong.
Google the name William Smart, then get back to me

Pleeeeeeeeeez ............... seriously? .... give us a break here ................damn ......

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
I dig it. But it goes further, we have Hispanic Month, African American Month, Pacific Islander Month, and the newly added, some month having to do with transgender and gay lifestyle

But more to the point. I thought you were going to hit on the lack of fathers in the home due to divorce, or just plain deadbeats.

Fathers Day is in recognition of Fathers who are there for their kids

It's a dying breed

-Geaux

But more to the point. I thought you were going to hit on the lack of fathers in the home due to divorce, or just plain deadbeats.

Fathers Day is in recognition of Fathers who are there for their kids

It's a dying breed

-Geaux
Eh. I'll leave the bashing to the feminists themselves, and I guess that makes sense. I'm just saying that being there for your kids is what you're supposed to be doing anyway. It might be vanishingly rare now, but it's still the literal least you can acceptably do as someone's father. It'd be like celebrating your coworker for showing up to work every day and not leaving until after shift.

Last edited:
We don't have enough holidays in this nation. Let's not bitch about the ones we do have and celebrate.

Wow, what the fuck is wrong with you?

all these holiday's were started by Hallmark to sell cards.

Forum List

Back