Why GOP will win in 2020...Liberals Continue to live in the past and attack History

It happens. ppl come and go.

First, John Fogerty isn't a household name anymore like he should be.

Second, times change. The snowflakes of the past who made blacks sit in the back of the bus because they were offended by their "blackness" or whatever just aren't tolerated. Even though there were a lot of snowflakes back then.

Tough to say if a man should be judged by his time or by history.

John Wayne , Stonewall Jackson ,Robert E Lee , Jefferson , Columbus ...i think they even went after Washington somewhere .
rename building , neighborhoods, streets .....its never ending with the crying children of the revolution

244_orwell%20rewriting-history.jpg

I think they should leave the name on the airport but it’s sort of instructive that all future public buildings should not be named after someone to avoid such a controversy in the future.

That being said, can someone tell me why John Wayne’s name wound up on an airport anyway? Seems weird. He wasn’t that good of an actor—there were others who were far better. Like his movies quite a bit—especially the Horse Soldiers. Still, seems odd. Anyone know why his name is on the airport?

Obviously you didn’t bother to read your own linked article.

Wayne was a bigot and racist – time to take his name off the airport.

Racist? That would be LBJ.........so many things named after that sorry POS. Why is there a bust of Albert Pike so prominently displayed in Washington, D.C, headquarters of USA.INC? Allen Dulles? Fired CIA chief that was complicit in the murder of JFK, brought in nazis under Operation Paperclip and placed them in places of power has an airport named after him.

Are you a nazi sympathizer, Clayton? Fess up!

Obviously you didn’t bother to read your own linked article.

Wayne was a bigot and racist – time to take his name off the airport.

Racist? That would be LBJ.........so many things named after that sorry POS. Why is there a bust of Albert Pike so prominently displayed in Washington, D.C, headquarters of USA.INC? Allen Dulles? Fired CIA chief that was complicit in the murder of JFK, brought in nazis under Operation Paperclip and placed them in places of power has an airport named after him.

Are you a nazi sympathizer, Clayton? Fess up!

Really, you are bringing up the importation of defeated NAZI scientists to help defeat the soviets?

Wayne’s May 1971 Playboy interview has been unearthed before, notably in 2016 when his daughter Aissa endorsed Donald Trump for president.

From the link.....

"PLAYBOY: How do you feel about the government grant for a university and cultural center that these Indians [then encamped on Alcatraz Island] have demanded as "reparations"?

WAYNE: What happened between their forefathers and our forefathers is so far back — right, wrong or indifferent — that I don't see why we owe them anything. I don't know why the government should give them something that it wouldn't give me. "

OVERALL AVERAGE APPROVAL RATING WHILE PRESIDENT:

John F. Kennedy - 70%
Dwight D. Eisenhower - 65%
George H.W. Bush - 61%
Lyndon B. Johnson - 55%
Bill Clinton - 55%
Ronald Reagan - 53%
George W. Bush - 49%
Richard Nixon - 49%
Barack Obama - 48%
Gerald Ford - 47%
Jimmy Carter - 46%
Harry S. Truman - 45%
Donald J. Trump - 40%

Trump is toast. You can't be re-elected President with the worst average approval rating in history.

It happens. ppl come and go.

First, John Fogerty isn't a household name anymore like he should be.

Second, times change. The snowflakes of the past who made blacks sit in the back of the bus because they were offended by their "blackness" or whatever just aren't tolerated. Even though there were a lot of snowflakes back then.

Tough to say if a man should be judged by his time or by history.
It’s not a tough call and in many ways he was correct. Chicago south side barbarism is an example today.

OVERALL AVERAGE APPROVAL RATING WHILE PRESIDENT:

John F. Kennedy - 70%
Dwight D. Eisenhower - 65%
George H.W. Bush - 61%
Lyndon B. Johnson - 55%
Bill Clinton - 55%
Ronald Reagan - 53%
George W. Bush - 49%
Richard Nixon - 49%
Barack Obama - 48%
Gerald Ford - 47%
Jimmy Carter - 46%
Harry S. Truman - 45%
Donald J. Trump - 40%

Trump is toast. You can't be re-elected President with the worst average approval rating in history.
Tell President Hillary Rodham Clinton that Trump is toast. :auiqs.jpg:

John Wayne , Stonewall Jackson ,Robert E Lee , Jefferson , Columbus ...i think they even went after Washington somewhere .
rename building , neighborhoods, streets .....its never ending with the crying children of the revolution

244_orwell%20rewriting-history.jpg
Liberals are a threat to our nation.

Or we review history and determine who is and is not worth remembering.

frankly, I like John Wayne as an actor. As a person, not so much. He really had some bigoted views.

But at the end of the day, he was only an actor. Does he deserve to have an airport named after him?

In Chicago, we have two airports. Midway (named after the battle of Midway) and O'Hare International (Named after a WWII flier no one remembers today.) We used to have Meigs field, but they closed that to make a park, and no one remembers that guy, either.

Or we review history and determine who is and is not worth remembering.

frankly, I like John Wayne as an actor. As a person, not so much. He really had some bigoted views.

But at the end of the day, he was only an actor. Does he deserve to have an airport named after him?

In Chicago, we have two airports. Midway (named after the battle of Midway) and O'Hare International (Named after a WWII flier no one remembers today.) We used to have Meigs field, but they closed that to make a park, and no one remembers that guy, either.
So do you agree with tearing down statues? Wayne certainly deserves an airport named after him. Great American patriot and supporter of our troops in Korea and Vietnam.

Forum List

Back