Why have people come to believe health care is a "right" when it actually isn't?

Um, no it's not an entitlement

It's an option based on economic factors

-Geaux

Societies are judged by how they take care of their most vulnerable citizens

The US is the wealthiest country on earth. Let em die does not reflect well on us

I don't give a rip about other societies and how they view the US.

-Geaux

That is obvious

The US can afford a military that is stronger than the next ten militaries combined. Yet we argue whether our people should have healthcare

Health care IS a right and anyone who doesn't believe this is so is a selfish person.

Health care IS a right and anyone who doesn't believe this is so is a selfish person.

Well in your opinion of course....

They also have the "right" to eat....

The "right" to housing....

The "right" the internet.....

"The "right" to a phone....

Fuck off and get a job.

Fuck off and get a job.

I have a job. And I can walk into a hospital, stay for two weeks, have free food and a bed to sleep in, have a major operation, and walk out and not pay a single cent.

Jealous, much?

rw's vote to give bigger subsidies to big oil companies but they're against Americans buying cheaper and better quality health care insurance.

They're in favor of us paying for congress' health care insurance but against women buying their own birth control.

They don't want to pay for their own heath care and, instead want free care at the emergency room.

The right wants bigger and bigger military that we will never use and yet, they want to starve children, our handicapped vets, the elderly.

Why does this argument continue?

There is nothing for them to say, no way for them to rationalize their insanity. They hate our constitution and our people. Let them shut up or leave.

Preferably, both.

Fuck off and get a job.

I have a job. And I can walk into a hospital, stay for two weeks, have free food and a bed to sleep in, have a major operation, and walk out and not pay a single cent.

Jealous, much?

Yes.....you have a right to eat
You shouldn't have to sleep in the streets

Internet and phone are trivial. Who cares if the poor have access to them?

Fuck off and get a job.

Jealous, much?

Damn....I'm jealous

But we have more Aircraft Carriers than anyone on earth

I haven't read every post ...

Have any of the rw's answered the OP and said why they think they're entitled to free health care at the emergency room instead of paying for it like the rest of us do?

Have any of the rw's answered the OP and said why they think they're entitled to free health care at the emergency room instead of paying for it like the rest of us do?

I haven't read every post either. Have any actually claimed that they're entitled to free health care at the emergency room? It would be quite hypocritical of them if they did.

Last edited:

Fuck off and get a job.

Jealous, much?

Damn....I'm jealous

We have more in dry dock than any other country has in the water.

But, we do need more tanks to park rust in storage.

Societies are judged by how they take care of their most vulnerable citizens

The US is the wealthiest country on earth. Let em die does not reflect well on us

I don't give a rip about other societies and how they view the US.

-Geaux

That is obvious

The US can afford a military that is stronger than the next ten militaries combined. Yet we argue whether our people should have healthcare

BFD

-Geaux

Fuck off and get a job.

Jealous, much?

No, sounds pretty cliucked up to me

-Geaux

I haven't read every post either. Have any actually claimed that they're entitled to free health care at the emergency room? It would be quite hypocritical of them if they did.

You're always just slightly off. Just a bit dingy.

Read
my
Why have people come to believe health care is a "right" when it actually isn't?

I will answer- I was paying for the non-insured at the Emergency room before ACA. Now I am paying for their insurance at the cost of my premium rising 76% for $168 a month.

Any more stupid questions?

-Geaux

Jealous, much?

Damn....I'm jealous

We have more in dry dock than any other country has in the water.

But, we do need more tanks to park rust in storage.

On the south side of Tucson, just off the airport, is acres and acres of military airplanes. They all have that sprayed on protective covering and all are homes to all sorts of desert critters, especially pack rats. Supposedly, they chose Tucson because its dry but I saw a documentary that said they're completely trashed.

I wonder where they have the gazillions of tanks parked.

You're always just slightly off. Just a bit dingy.

Read
my

Ok... I read it again. I'm still seeing the same unsubstantiated claim that rw's (and I'm assuming that you, quite incorrectly, consider libertarians "rw's") here are claiming they are entitled to free health care at the ER. I agree that if any are making that claim, it's grossly hypocritical, but I have seen it. Pretty much everyone opposed to ACA is also opposed to any demands for 'free' health care. I could be wrong, there are probably some idiots somewhere making this claim, so I'm asking you where you're getting this. Is someone here saying this? Or is this just empty insinuation?

Last edited:

I will answer- I was paying for the non-insured at the Emergency room before ACA. Now I am paying for their insurance at the cost of my premium rising 76% for $168 a month.

Any more stupid questions?

-Geaux

It's not an entirely stupid question. Do you think people should be guaranteed ER care, even if they can't pay?

Taking care of the poor does not enslave people, any more than making the poor enter the military make slaves, perhaps one is closer however.
The question should be, does every American have the right to health care. If the answer is yes then we move on to the next question, but right now some are apparently still grappling with that question.
So does every American have a right to health care?

No fool. The question is does everyone have the right to screw people over, tie them to the ground and rape them. Apparently you think so.

Forcing people to pay for your health care is not a right, its a crime. Buying health care is a right. Providing health care is a right. Getting free health care is a privilege that the poor enjoy when people give them charity. Turning receiving charity into a right by stealing money from my children is an egregious offense worthy of the electric chair, ok worthy of jail, as felony theft is a crime.

Of course health care has always been a right for part of the American population. The questions at this time are, should the right to health care be expanded to cover more of the population and what does health care coverage mean.

Ok NIMROD. If health care is a RIGHT, then why the hell do I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT?

Selfish of what? Selfish of "their health?" Their income? WTH? If I don't give all my income to YOU, so you can ABORT YOUR CHILD then I'm being SELFISH?

Forum List

Back