🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why I am FOR the death penalty

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Cops Caregiver said she stepped on tot who died - Yahoo News

NEW YORK (AP) — A child care worker charged with killing a toddler in her home told police she threw the boy to the floor and stepped on him three times, and after that, he could no longer walk on his own, authorities said.

Athena Skeeter, 40, was arraigned Sunday on charges of manslaughter and endangering the welfare of a child.

The city's Administration for Children's Services did not immediately respond to a message seeking information on Skeeter, who police said was a licensed child care worker.

According to a court document, Skeeter told police she had been wrestling Friday with 20-month-old Cardell Williamson at her Bronx home after his father dropped him off that morning. She said the child was on the bed when she lifted him by one arm and one leg and put him on the floor. She told police she stepped on his stomach but "didn't use full force."

Skeeter said she then put her son on top of Cardell and stepped on his stomach.

"Cardell acted different after that," Skeeter said, according to the court document. "He threw up. His head kept tilting."

She said she put him in a bathtub and put cold water on his face, and then stepped out for a short time. When she came back, Streeter told police, Cardell's head was in the water and steam was coming up. She said he had burns on his arm and face.

Police responding to a 911 call found Cardell lying on a bed, struggling to breathe. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.

There are honorable ways to commit murder, and this is certainly not one of them.

Our justice system is not fit to deal with this kind of animal.

Death is far to easy for this animal.

She is certainly a monster, but I do not believe that any crime warrants the death penalty. I think life in prison without parole is enough to make her think about what she has done.

Death penalty should be expanded to include more crimes such as armed robbery. It could be used as away to weed out society of those career criminals and gang bangers and save taxpayer $$$.

She is certainly a monster, but I do not believe that any crime warrants the death penalty. I think life in prison without parole is enough to make her think about what she has done.
I don't want to feed her, shelter her, and pay for her medical care for life.

Once again.......

Your emotional response upon learning of something as heinous as this is not a sound foundation for developing laws and policy.

The act of expressing these emotions does not give one a moral high ground from which to impugn those who are thinking rationally.

In a day or two, most of the people calling for this crime to be met with capital punishment will have forgotten all about it.

You forget that there are many who don't wish to pay for her execution.

Death penalty should be expanded to include more crimes such as armed robbery. It could be used as away to weed out society of those career criminals and gang bangers and save taxpayer $$$.

And that is why I remain steadfastly opposed to it.

No frick'n doubt.

Let's go ahead and expand it to include petty shoplifting, misdemeanor theft by deception, vandalism and vagrancy, among other charges.

We do this right, and eventually, maybe we can even get leaving dull, stupid posts on Internet message boards made into a federal crime punishable by death. :thup:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
Ask any piece of humane excrement on death row what they would prefer,death or living in a six by ten cell for the rest of their lives.
Everyone of them will choose to live.
So kill em.

Not my fault they do it the expensive way. I'd be more than happy to donate the .45 round. Hell they can even use my pistol and I wont even ask em to clean it.

My tenant served 11 years in Los Angeles for armed robbery, among other things, when he was a youth. Now he's grown, married for 10 years, working his ass off and doing a fine job of supporting his wife and their 3 young daughters. He got his family out of what he calls "that hellhole," helps my semi-disabled mother (who also lives on the property), asks me how to get his eldest daughter into a better school and if I will tutor her or show them how, and is getting his loved ones (one by one) out of their crime-ridden neighborhood. He is a decent, hard-working man trying to do the next right thing for his family. I admire him and glad we don't execute armed robbers.

And high level hard drug dealers that sell large quantities cocaine, heroin, and crack. Things would clean up in a short matter of time.

If money is your concern, than put them in hard labor camps where they can provide economic value to society.

Wouldn`t it be cheaper to cut down on the number of "armed" robbers we have? Who keeps arming the bad guys?

Forum List

Back