Why I changed my mind on weed

There is a painkiller for everyone. I have never said Pot doesn't get you high and dull pain. So does crack but that doesn't mean it should be legal.

why not, then it would be easier to handle.

Have you ever seen a crackhead?

yep, and if it stays illegal then you have the criminal element creating and selling the stuff which is way more dangerous than controlled sales and addiction rehabilitation.

Really? Thats what you think I am doing you selfish ignorant prick? If you cant debate me just remain quite DO NOT accuse me of things I am not doing.
You have never posted anything that is not a blatant TROLL. You are an ass. The word is "quiet" not "quite."

I have never posted anything that wasn't what I believed you pathetic prick. If you cant handle my posts you are free to ignore them. You need to stop accusing me of things that I am not doing cause you lack the ability debate me.

You can't debate a TROLL you moron.

researchers are doctors also-duh!
:rolleyes:
pothead, researchers are NOT ONLY medical doctors, duh

most medical doctors are pro-pot as it is a source of income potentially

but medical doctors involved in research ALL agree - pot is detrimental to cognition, can cause psychosis and is in general much more harmful than occasionally beneficial ( in some instances)

I've never witnessed psychosis in pot users, must have been some killer weed, not ditch weed.

you are a pothead, not a researcher or psychiatrist. the link between smoking pot and psychosis and schizophrenia is well established.

and a libtard, so your cognition as a baseline is low :lol:

but medical doctors involved in research ALL agree - pot is detrimental to cognition, can cause psychosis and is in general much more harmful than occasionally beneficial ( in some instances)

I've never witnessed psychosis in pot users, must have been some killer weed, not ditch weed.

you are a pothead, not a researcher or psychiatrist. the link between smoking pot and psychosis and schizophrenia is well established.

Nobody has attempted to say that with a straight face since Harry Anslinger.

Once again, ad hominem, the debate tactic of a five-year-old.

And what are your credentials?

substantial to be able to evaluate the research papers and understand what is written there.

what drug do you use too be so hate full?

substantial to be able to evaluate the research papers and understand what is written there.

Your abilities are no better than mine.

Cannabis use is associated with poor outcome in existing schizophrenia and may precipitate psychosis in individuals with preexisting liability. To investigate the overall effect size and consistency of the association between cannabis and psychosis, a meta-analysis from prospective studies was carried out. The pooled odds ratio was 2.1 (95% CI: 1.7–2.5) and could not be explained by confounding or reverse causality. Evidence suggests that cannabis is a component cause in the development and prognosis of psychosis, in which mechanisms of gene-environment interaction are most likely to explain this association.

The Environment and Schizophrenia: The Role of Cannabis Use

Oxford Journals
Medicine
Schizophrenia Bulletin
Volume 31, Issue 3
Pp

study published in the International Journal of Mental Health Nursing
which found that schizophrenics typically report using cannabis to reduce anxiety and “improve their mental state.” Marijuana use has also been associated with clinically objective benefits in some schizophrenics. Recently, a 2010 report in the journal Schizophrenia Research found that schizophrenic patients with a history of cannabis use demonstrate higher levels of cognitive performance compared to nonusers. Researchers in that study concluded, “The results of the present analysis suggest that (cannabis use) in patients with SZ (schizophrenia) is associated with better performance on measures of processing speed and verbal skills. These data are consistent with prior reports indicating that SZ patients with a history of (cannabis use) have less severe cognitive deficits than SZ patients without comorbid (cannabis use).”

A 2011 meta-analysis published online by the journal Schizophrenia Research also affirmed that schizophrenics with a history of cannabis use demonstrate “superior neurocognitive performance”
compared to non-users. Investigators at the University of Toronto, Institute of Medical Sciences reviewed eight separate studies assessing the impact of marijuana consumption on cognition, executive function, learning, and working memory in schizophrenic subjects. Researchers determined that the results of each of the performance measurements suggested “superior cognitive functioning in cannabis-using patients as compared to non-using patients.”
Debunking the Myth of a Link Between Marijuana and Mental Illness | Alternet

Last edited:
I have no problem with the medical use of pot for legitimate treatments, in fact I sent the link to my congressman and suggested it may be time to rethink federal law on medical marijuana. I'm still undecided on the recreational use, I don't want anyone out there operating cars or other machinery while their high on anything and it's much harder to test for marijuana impairment than alcohol.
Please don't expect too much in the order of legalizing the use of medical marijuana, OK Texas. I researched a number of mind-altering substances while doing my studies in the 80s. Pot in particular rended my heart as it got into use by prepuberty children rather quickly in some societies in Central America decades ago. Little boys were affected in their sexual maturation, the younger the worse. Their organs were all but permanently damaged by the fact their testicles did not descend as they do in children not smoking the drug. It also made them regrettable scholars in school due to failure to care whether or not they answered their test scores.

As a matter of fact, the studies I did showed that even back in the 80s, medical drugs of many venues were better than Marijuana, which cleans the clock on human cognition and maturation. Not only that, but it makes people accident-prone, across the board.

In 2005, long after my studies were done, the French came up with a long-term look at marijuana use and fatal accidents that got the world's attention. Here's the long and short of their findings:

WebMD Health News (link to story)

Dec. 1, 2005 - People who drive after using marijuana are nearly twice as likely to be involved in a fatal car crash. French researchers studied all drivers involved in fatal car crashes over a two-year period and found 7% tested positive for marijuana, including nearly 3% who tested positive for a combination of marijuana and alcohol. Although marijuana's share of fatal crashes is much lower than those attributed to alcohol, researchers say the results show that marijuana use, even in low doses, significantly increases the risk of fatal car accidents.
More Pot, More Deaths

In the study, published in the medical journal BMJ, researchers reviewed information on 10,748 drivers who were involved in fatal car crashes and took required tests for drugs and alcohol.

Twice as many drivers involved in fatal car accidents tested positive for marijuana compared with a group of other drivers.

Researchers say about 2.5% of the fatal crashes were attributable to marijuana compared with nearly 29% attributable to alcohol.

The study also showed that drivers who tested positive for marijuana were more than three times as likely to be responsible for the fatal car crash. Researchers say the likelihood of being at fault increased as the blood concentration of marijuana increased.

I hope you will reconsider your position on marijuana. Everything coming from the JAMA quarter in the 80s (I don't know about later) was telling us the consensus of medical people today--marijuana use is bad news, and it's almost never as effective against pain as are a number of prescriptions that may alleviate pain in the same diseases that marijuana growers claim are best alleviated by their sales product.

And because it is so deleterious to younger people's development of brain and genital tissues, it would be far better as completely unavailable on the streets of town and country. :(

You have never posted anything that is not a blatant TROLL. You are an ass. The word is "quiet" not "quite."

I have never posted anything that wasn't what I believed you pathetic prick. If you cant handle my posts you are free to ignore them. You need to stop accusing me of things that I am not doing cause you lack the ability debate me.

You can't debate a TROLL you moron.
Run home child you have lost.

Your abilities are no better than mine.

much better, which has been proven on this thread as well.
an individual who is considering his sole anecdotal non-evidence vs the research studies - is a proof by itself :lol:

Have have more personal experience in the field, which makes me more informed, and I as well can read and comprehend, and I can discuss without being nasty and belligerent.
What is your drug that makes you that way?

Cannabis use is associated with poor outcome in existing schizophrenia and may precipitate psychosis in individuals with preexisting liability. To investigate the overall effect size and consistency of the association between cannabis and psychosis, a meta-analysis from prospective studies was carried out. The pooled odds ratio was 2.1 (95% CI: 1.7–2.5) and could not be explained by confounding or reverse causality. Evidence suggests that cannabis is a component cause in the development and prognosis of psychosis, in which mechanisms of gene-environment interaction are most likely to explain this association.

Oxford Journals
Medicine
Schizophrenia Bulletin
Volume 31, Issue 3
Pp

First published online: June 23, 2005

A 2011 meta-analysis published online by the journal Schizophrenia Research also affirmed that schizophrenics with a history of cannabis use demonstrate “superior neurocognitive performance”

Last edited:
Everything coming from the JAMA quarter in the 80s (I don't know about later) was telling us the consensus of medical people today--marijuana use is bad news, and it's almost never as effective against pain as are a number of prescriptions that may alleviate pain in the same diseases that marijuana growers claim are best alleviated by their sales product.

And because it is so deleterious to younger people's development of brain and genital tissues, it would be far better as completely unavailable on the streets of town and country. :(

all true, except there IS some benefit in cancer patients and some other very sick chronic patients with marijuana use. Not in everybody, but SOME.

Lets be honest here. Vox is not against weed because it makes psychosis worse. Even if the link between weed and being a schitzo was debunked, do you honestly believe he would be for it?

Of course not. The reason he doesn't agree it should be legal is because it's not legal

Oxford Journals
Medicine
Schizophrenia Bulletin
Volume 31, Issue 3
Pp

First published online: June 23, 2005

and?

I have already stated - it has been very well established link.

Forum List

Back