Why I changed my mind on weed

it was NOT debunked.

It has been proven ever since.

weed is harmful to cognition - and that is it's main detrimental effect.

but libtards WANT everybody to be impaired, so the sheeple are easily manipulated.

that's why they glorify pot.

So why was cannabis glorified in ancient china. Same reason?

Like I said even if it WAS debunked you would find some other reason to be against it. You're non-denial is evidence
Hey you mean Chinese people smoked pot???? Then we should all follow their lead.... and while we are at it we should drown our daughters and bind our wives feet......

Uh.... not that it's in any way related to cannabis, but if you're drowning daughters then where do you get wives? :banghead:

I swear to god I don't know how some people navigate their way out of bed in the morning.

Medical use of cannabis. Cannabidiol: a new light for schizophrenia?
Deiana S.
Source
Department CNS Diseases Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. K., Biberach an der Riss, Germany. [email protected]
Abstract
The medical properties of cannabis have been known for many centuries; its first documented use dates back to 2800 BC when it was described for its hallucinogenic and pain-relieving properties. In the first half of the twentieth century, a number of pharmaceutical companies marked cannabis for indications such as asthma and pain, but since then its use has sharply declined, mainly due to its unpredictable effects, but also for socio-political issues. Recently, great attention has been directed to the medical properties of phytocannabinoids present in the cannabis plant alongside the main constituent Δ⁹-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC); these include cannabinoids such as cannabidiol (CBD), cannabigerol (CBG), and tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV). Evidence suggests an association between cannabis and schizophrenia: schizophrenics show a higher use of marijuana as compared to the healthy population. Additionally, the use of marijuana can trigger psychotic episodes in schizophrenic patients, and this has been ascribed to THC.
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

Medical use of cannabis. Cannabidiol: a new l... [Drug Test Anal. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI

Evidence suggests an association between cannabis and schizophrenia: schizophrenics show a higher use of marijuana as compared to the healthy population. Additionally, the use of marijuana can trigger psychotic episodes in schizophrenic patients, and this has been ascribed to THC.

do you even read your own links?

So I am suppose to see things which don't exists by using pot? Never has happened to me or anyone else I have been associated with to include my mother.
But we should listen to is researchers that claim this.
What did they use as a placebo in this test?
If you read the journal you should know this.

Last edited:
At the very least, we need to decriminalize pot.

I wouldn't even have a problem with legalizing it.

If people want to ruin their bodies and destroy their brain, Pot is neither going to slow nor speed up the process.

There's just too many other ways to accomplish that. Way too many ways.

I am 65 years old, spent almost 6 years in the Army and 2 Years in Viet Nam.

I've been around. I've seen a lot. And I see no reason to keep putting people in Jail for pot.

Is it bad for you?

Sure, if you abuse it, it is.

If you abuse ANYTHING it is. Anything.

And there are always the people out there who are going to abuse it. Always.

Another thing. Unless we want a Police State, we can't stop the distribution and use of pot. Can't be done.

And I'd much rather have a few stoned people running around than a Police State.

Any day

take this rep

it was NOT debunked.

but libtards WANT everybody to be impaired, so the sheeple are easily manipulated.

Like I said even if it WAS debunked you would find some other reason to be against it. You're non-denial is evidence
Hey you mean Chinese people smoked pot???? Then we should all follow their lead.... and while we are at it we should drown our daughters and bind our wives feet......

And the Jews and every civilization that ever existed. All for the same reason right?

Lets be honest here. Vox is not against weed because it makes psychosis worse. Even if the link between weed and being a schitzo was debunked, do you honestly believe he would be for it?

Of course not. The reason he doesn't agree it should be legal is because it's not legal

it was NOT debunked.

Of course it was debunked, that is why the connection went away quickly.
It was de bunked by doctors and anyone with a brain and google.
The cases if schizophrenia have declined since the early 80s, while pot use has been on the rise. Without the evidence that was presenting shooting that claim down, one just has to look at that simple fact to know weed does not cause schizophrenia.
Plus there is the fact your little study didnot take it to count self medicating and the fact most people developed schizophrenia in their late teens which had nothing to do with weed, and the fact most start weed use in their late use. Neither one has to do with the other, and the study was dishonest for not bringing this fact up, or the fact cases of schizophrenia have not increased with the increase of marihuana use.

Once again you are not smart enough to see common sense.

And the Jews and every civilization that ever existed. All for the same reason right?

They also use to use Opium to cure headaches.....They were pretty fucking stupid about certain things back then.

Uh.... not that it's in any way related to cannabis, but if you're drowning daughters then where do you get wives? :banghead:

I swear to god I don't know how some people navigate their way out of bed in the morning.

cognitive resonance with a dose of vestibular senses.

They also use to use Opium to cure headaches.....They were pretty fucking stupid about certain things back then.

opium does relieve headaches, that is why it is a pain killer, hence headaches = pain.

Lets hear why VOX is against Alcohol because more schitzos drink than the normal population too. I bet he does a complete 180.

Saying you're against something because crazy people might use it is like the gun background debate in reverse

Medical use of cannabis. Cannabidiol: a new light for schizophrenia?
Deiana S.
Source
Department CNS Diseases Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. K., Biberach an der Riss, Germany. [email protected]
Abstract
The medical properties of cannabis have been known for many centuries; its first documented use dates back to 2800 BC when it was described for its hallucinogenic and pain-relieving properties. In the first half of the twentieth century, a number of pharmaceutical companies marked cannabis for indications such as asthma and pain, but since then its use has sharply declined, mainly due to its unpredictable effects, but also for socio-political issues. Recently, great attention has been directed to the medical properties of phytocannabinoids present in the cannabis plant alongside the main constituent Δ⁹-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC); these include cannabinoids such as cannabidiol (CBD), cannabigerol (CBG), and tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV). Evidence suggests an association between cannabis and schizophrenia: schizophrenics show a higher use of marijuana as compared to the healthy population. Additionally, the use of marijuana can trigger psychotic episodes in schizophrenic patients, and this has been ascribed to THC.
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

Medical use of cannabis. Cannabidiol: a new l... [Drug Test Anal. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI

Evidence suggests an association between cannabis and schizophrenia: schizophrenics show a higher use of marijuana as compared to the healthy population. Additionally, the use of marijuana can trigger psychotic episodes in schizophrenic patients, and this has been ascribed to THC.

do you even read your own links?

It's called self medicating. The researchers are being dishonest if they don't mention it.
It has been proven over and over people with mental illnesses self medicate more..... That doesn't mean the drug they are using to self medicate is causing the mental illness.
Which is why the study was de bunked by most people with any sort of brain.

Lets hear why VOX is against Alcohol because more schitzos drink than the normal population too. I bet he does a complete 180.

Saying you're against something because crazy people might use it is like the gun background debate in reverse

Exactly.
But I already knew Vox wasn't very bright.

Everything coming from the JAMA quarter in the 80s (I don't know about later) was telling us the consensus of medical people today--marijuana use is bad news, and it's almost never as effective against pain as are a number of prescriptions that may alleviate pain in the same diseases that marijuana growers claim are best alleviated by their sales product.

And because it is so deleterious to younger people's development of brain and genital tissues, it would be far better as completely unavailable on the streets of town and country. :(

all true, except there IS some benefit in cancer patients and some other very sick chronic patients with marijuana use. Not in everybody, but SOME.
It's effect on the brain is why the medical sources I read preferred other prescriptions. If you plan to die soon, anything goes. If you plan to live, it's hard to cope with a dependency on a drug that affects drive and cognition. Some free people prefer being in charge of their faculties in sickness and in health. I'm one of them. ;)

Lets be honest here. Vox is not against weed because it makes psychosis worse. Even if the link between weed and being a schitzo was debunked, do you honestly believe he would be for it?

Of course not. The reason he doesn't agree it should be legal is because it's not legal

it was NOT debunked.

Of course it was debunked, that is why the connection went away quickly.
It was de bunked by doctors and anyone with a brain and google.
The cases if schizophrenia have declined since the early 80s, while pot use has been on the rise. Without the evidence that was presenting shooting that claim down, one just has to look at that simple fact to know weed does not cause schizophrenia.
Plus there is the fact your little study didnot take it to count self medicating and the fact most people developed schizophrenia in their late teens which had nothing to do with weed, and the fact most start weed use in their late use. Neither one has to do with the other, and the study was dishonest for not bringing this fact up, or the fact cases of schizophrenia have not increased with the increase of marihuana use.

Once again you are not smart enough to see common sense.

I just loved Becki's post where she claims that MJ use by preteens inhibits testicular development. I had a cousin which had shotguns blown in his face when he was 4-10 by a step parent, yet he has 3 kids.

it was NOT debunked.

Of course it was debunked,

one more pothead libtard? :lol:

it was NEVER debunked it was studied and even meta-analyzed ( if you know what it means, which I suspect you do not) and the result was published:

The Environment and Schizophrenia: The Role of Cannabis Use
The Environment and Schizophrenia: The Role of Cannabis Use
Cannabis use is associated with poor outcome in existing schizophrenia and may precipitate psychosis in individuals with preexisting liability. To investigate the overall effect size and consistency of the association between cannabis and psychosis, a meta-analysis from prospective studies was carried out. The pooled odds ratio was 2.1 (95% CI: 1.7–2.5) and could not be explained by confounding or reverse causality. Evidence suggests that cannabis is a component cause in the development and prognosis of psychosis

Everything coming from the JAMA quarter in the 80s (I don't know about later) was telling us the consensus of medical people today--marijuana use is bad news, and it's almost never as effective against pain as are a number of prescriptions that may alleviate pain in the same diseases that marijuana growers claim are best alleviated by their sales product.

And because it is so deleterious to younger people's development of brain and genital tissues, it would be far better as completely unavailable on the streets of town and country. :(

all true, except there IS some benefit in cancer patients and some other very sick chronic patients with marijuana use. Not in everybody, but SOME.
It's effect on the brain is why the medical sources I read preferred other prescriptions. If you plan to die soon, anything goes. If you plan to live, it's hard to cope with a dependency on a drug that affects drive and cognition. Some free people prefer being in charge of their faculties in sickness and in health. I'm one of them. ;)

agreed.

plus it can precipitate psychosis.

Addiction is a state of mind, if the person is susceptible to addiction it can be a wide variety of substances and actions, I know people that smoke pot once a month and some that some all day every day. Weed is not addicting it is the person using it, just as alcohol, food, sex etc. is used in moderation. If you drink more than a six pack of beer a week you are considered addicted..
One aspect of addiction mediation or rehab, is that what they said about addicts and abnormal behavior has changed in the last 35 years. When I was studying it it was Freudian based, today it is not.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back