Why I changed my mind on weed

all true, except there IS some benefit in cancer patients and some other very sick chronic patients with marijuana use. Not in everybody, but SOME.
It's effect on the brain is why the medical sources I read preferred other prescriptions. If you plan to die soon, anything goes. If you plan to live, it's hard to cope with a dependency on a drug that affects drive and cognition. Some free people prefer being in charge of their faculties in sickness and in health. I'm one of them. ;)

Addiction is a state of mind, if the person is susceptible to addiction it can be a wide variety of substances and actions, I know people that smoke pot once a month and some that some all day every day. Weed is not addicting it is the person using it, just as alcohol, food, sex etc. is used in moderation. If you drink more than a six pack of beer a week you are considered addicted..

Plus marihuana is not addictive. It is habit forming not addictive.

all true, except there IS some benefit in cancer patients and some other very sick chronic patients with marijuana use. Not in everybody, but SOME.
It's effect on the brain is why the medical sources I read preferred other prescriptions. If you plan to die soon, anything goes. If you plan to live, it's hard to cope with a dependency on a drug that affects drive and cognition. Some free people prefer being in charge of their faculties in sickness and in health. I'm one of them. ;)

Addiction is a state of mind, if the person is susceptible to addiction it can be a wide variety of substances and actions, I know people that smoke pot once a month and some that some all day every day. Weed is not addicting it is the person using it, just as alcohol, food, sex etc. is used in moderation. If you drink more than a six pack of beer a week you are considered addicted..

nope. it is an imbalance of the mediators.

bwahahaha

libtard in it's full bloom.

it is addictive, dumbo.

it was NOT debunked.

It has been proven ever since.

weed is harmful to cognition - and that is it's main detrimental effect.

but libtards WANT everybody to be impaired, so the sheeple are easily manipulated.

that's why they glorify pot.

Of course it was debunked,

one more pothead libtard? :lol:

it was NEVER debunked it was studied and even meta-analyzed ( if you know what it means, which I suspect you do not) and the result was published:

The Environment and Schizophrenia: The Role of Cannabis Use
The Environment and Schizophrenia: The Role of Cannabis Use
Cannabis use is associated with poor outcome in existing schizophrenia and may precipitate psychosis in individuals with preexisting liability. To investigate the overall effect size and consistency of the association between cannabis and psychosis, a meta-analysis from prospective studies was carried out. The pooled odds ratio was 2.1 (95% CI: 1.7–2.5) and could not be explained by confounding or reverse causality. Evidence suggests that cannabis is a component cause in the development and prognosis of psychosis

and what drug do you use to make you hate full to posters?
Nah, you won't answer, I am sure it comes naturally.
And I know a lot of repubs/conservatives use pot and other drugs, so your basis is unfounded on just applying drug use to a poltical party, you have a fallacies of using illogical falsities in your assumptions. Did you never study Logic?

Last edited:
They also use to use Opium to cure headaches.....They were pretty fucking stupid about certain things back then.

opium does relieve headaches, that is why it is a pain killer, hence headaches = pain.

bwahahaha

opium does not relieve HEADACHE.

none of them.

Wow! Now that is awesome. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You ever hear of OxyContin?
How about morphine? Or are you too stupid to know how those drugs are made?

I am done with this debate, you don't even have basic knowledge of medication. :lol:

Medical use of cannabis. Cannabidiol: a new light for schizophrenia?
Deiana S.
Source
Department CNS Diseases Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. K., Biberach an der Riss, Germany. [email protected]
Abstract
The medical properties of cannabis have been known for many centuries; its first documented use dates back to 2800 BC when it was described for its hallucinogenic and pain-relieving properties. In the first half of the twentieth century, a number of pharmaceutical companies marked cannabis for indications such as asthma and pain, but since then its use has sharply declined, mainly due to its unpredictable effects, but also for socio-political issues. Recently, great attention has been directed to the medical properties of phytocannabinoids present in the cannabis plant alongside the main constituent Δ⁹-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC); these include cannabinoids such as cannabidiol (CBD), cannabigerol (CBG), and tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV). Evidence suggests an association between cannabis and schizophrenia: schizophrenics show a higher use of marijuana as compared to the healthy population. Additionally, the use of marijuana can trigger psychotic episodes in schizophrenic patients, and this has been ascribed to THC.
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

Medical use of cannabis. Cannabidiol: a new l... [Drug Test Anal. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI

Evidence suggests an association between cannabis and schizophrenia: schizophrenics show a higher use of marijuana as compared to the healthy population. Additionally, the use of marijuana can trigger psychotic episodes in schizophrenic patients, and this has been ascribed to THC.

do you even read your own links?

It's called self medicating. The researchers are being dishonest if they don't mention it.
It has been proven over and over people with mental illnesses self medicate more..... That doesn't mean the drug they are using to self medicate is causing the mental illness.
Which is why the study was de bunked by most people with any sort of brain.

wow, aren't you bright :lol:

bwahahaha

it is addictive, dumbo.

Food is addicting also, right?

bwahahaha

it is addictive, dumbo.

You didn't even know they use opium to make pain killers.

Like I said it is habit forming, and you are way too stupid to realize the difference.

opium does relieve headaches, that is why it is a pain killer, hence headaches = pain.

bwahahaha

none of them.

I am done with this debate, you don't even have basic knowledge of medication. :lol:

dumbo, narcotic analgesics are useless for the treatment of headaches.

*** in the next post this libtard is going to tell us all about "treatment" of migraines by oxycontin***

Evidence suggests an association between cannabis and schizophrenia: schizophrenics show a higher use of marijuana as compared to the healthy population. Additionally, the use of marijuana can trigger psychotic episodes in schizophrenic patients, and this has been ascribed to THC.

do you even read your own links?

It's called self medicating. The researchers are being dishonest if they don't mention it.
It has been proven over and over people with mental illnesses self medicate more..... That doesn't mean the drug they are using to self medicate is causing the mental illness.

No, I actually know what I am talking about. While you go full retard.

bwahahaha

none of them.

looks like all we have here to debate discuss is a smart ass know it all.

bwahahaha

it is addictive, dumbo.

Like I said it is habit forming, and you are way too stupid to realize the difference.

dumbo, not every painkiller is narcotic analgesic. And not every narcotic analgesic is useful for the treatment of specific pain.

bwahahaha

none of them.

*** in the next post this libtard is going to tell us all about "treatment" of migraines by oxycontin***

well you better inform the docs and pharmacists. I would like to be present when you do.

No, I actually know what I am talking about. While you go full retard.

well, you might certainly know about your OWN ADDICTIONS.

but you being addicted to oxycontin and justifying it by "headaches" does not make narcotic analgesics a method of treatment for headaches.

bwahahaha

it is addictive, dumbo.

dumbo, not every painkiller is narcotic analgesic. And not every narcotic analgesic is useful for the treatment of specific pain.
A. I pass medication for a living.
B. you are an idiot
C. When I had a severe headache from a concussion what do you think they gave and worked quite well?

You are way over your head, I would suggest giving up.

well you better inform the docs and pharmacists. I would like to be present when you do.

Yeah! Me too.

bwahahaha

it is addictive, dumbo.

When you have an operation please tell them you want no analgesic pain killers, in fact tell them you need none at all.

An analgesic, or painkiller, is any member of the group of drugs used to achieve analgesia — relief from pain. The word analgesic derives from Greek αν - ("without") and άλγος - ("pain").[1]

Analgesic drugs act in various ways on the peripheral and central nervous systems. They are distinct from anesthetics, which reversibly eliminate sensation, and include paracetamol (known in the US as acetaminophen or simply APAP), the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as the salicylates, and opioid drugs such as morphine and opium.

In choosing analgesics, the severity and response to other medication determines the choice of agent; the World Health Organization (WHO) pain ladder[2] specifies mild analgesics as its first step.

Analgesic choice is also determined by the type of pain: for neuropathic pain, traditional analgesics are less effective, and there is often benefit from classes of drugs that are not normally considered analgesics, such as tricyclic antidepressants and anticonvulsants.[3]

Analgesic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back