Why I changed my mind on weed

but yet other people are not addicted to food, sex, or pot. In moderation all things are possible.Just like what it states in the Bible.

you can be addicted to pot.

No, you can't. Nor can I, nor can he, she, we or they. It's not physiologically possible.

yes, you can.
Current Opinion in Neurobiology

Volume 23, Issue 4, August 2013, Pages 487–492

23/4 Addiction
Molecular mechanisms of cannabinoid addiction
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0959438813000500
Cannabis is the world's most widely used illicit substance, with an estimated number of 119–224 million users worldwide. In recent years we assisted to an increased effort aimed to individuate the brain circuits underlying cannabis addiction and dependence. Similarly to other drugs of abuse, repeated exposure to cannabinoids causes brain neuroadaptations that persist long after drug effects, contribute to the negative affective states during withdrawal, and ultimately facilitate relapse. Recently, considerable progress has been made in understanding the cellular and molecular consequences of prolonged cannabis use, among which is the identification of specific set of transcriptional regulations that develop differently after chronic cannabinoids and in the abstinent brain.

The expression of central cannabinoid (CB1) receptors in tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) containing neurones was demonstrated. Co-localisation was present in different brain areas responsible for reward-related mechanisms. The immunohistochemical investigations have shown that co-localisation is present in parts of mesolimbic-mesocortical dopaminergic system like nucleus accumbens (Nacb), ventral tegmental area (VTA), in the striatum, pyriform cortex, respectively. The results suggest a functional role of CB1 receptors in cannabis addiction by acting directly on reward-related structures.

Last edited:
you can be addicted to pot.

No, you can't. Nor can I, nor can he, she, we or they. It's not physiologically possible.

yes, you can.

Pot is not addictive in the same way that nicotine and narcotics are addictive. Only people with addictive personalities might start using it as their "drug of choice" but there is no physical addiction. These are the same people who become alcoholics. The rate of pot "addiction" is 9% compared to 15% for alcohol and 30%+ for nicotine. It is by far the least harmful of those 3 too since no one "chain smokes" joints or goes on a "bender" and ends up with "weed poisoning". No one has ever died from an overdose of pot either. The death toll from tobacco use is a couple of hundred thousand per year.

Vox are you ignoring me?

Why are you pro alcohol and Anti weed when both affect the schitzos?

what? can you be more coherent?

or are you high? :D

So back to my original point. The only reason you don't think it should be legalized is because its not legal already.

Circular logic works because circular logic works because...

and what this shit instead of logic has to show?

I have stated 5 pages before that I am for decriminalizing pot but I am against glorifying it.
Since then I tend to hesitate on decriminalization issue, because there are too many myths you, potheads, are circulating around :lol:

Last edited:

yes, you can.

Pot is not addictive in the same way that nicotine and narcotics are addictive. Only people with addictive personalities might start using it as their "drug of choice" but there is no physical addiction. These are the same people who become alcoholics. The rate of pot "addiction" is 9% compared to 15% for alcohol and 30%+ for nicotine. It is by far the least harmful of those 3 too since no one "chain smokes" joints or goes on a "bender" and ends up with "weed poisoning". No one has ever died from an overdose of pot either. The death toll from tobacco use is a couple of hundred thousand per year.

It is addictive. plus pot smoking has ALL the risks of tobacco smoking as it is smoking

Put the pot aside and try your hardest to comprehend 2 paragraphs in scientific English.
It's hard, but I have trust in you.

23/4 Addiction
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0959438813000500
Cannabis is the world's most widely used illicit substance, with an estimated number of 119–224 million users worldwide. In recent years we assisted to an increased effort aimed to individuate the brain circuits underlying cannabis addiction and dependence. Similarly to other drugs of abuse, repeated exposure to cannabinoids causes brain neuroadaptations that persist long after drug effects, contribute to the negative affective states during withdrawal, and ultimately facilitate relapse. Recently, considerable progress has been made in understanding the cellular and molecular consequences of prolonged cannabis use, among which is the identification of specific set of transcriptional regulations that develop differently after chronic cannabinoids and in the abstinent brain.

The expression of central cannabinoid (CB1) receptors in tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) containing neurones was demonstrated. Co-localisation was present in different brain areas responsible for reward-related mechanisms. The immunohistochemical investigations have shown that co-localisation is present in parts of mesolimbic-mesocortical dopaminergic system like nucleus accumbens (Nacb), ventral tegmental area (VTA), in the striatum, pyriform cortex, respectively. The results suggest a functional role of CB1 receptors in cannabis addiction by acting directly on reward-related structures.

Last edited:
yes, you can.

It is addictive.

Put the pot aside and try your hardest to comprehend 2 paragraphs in scientific English.

23/4 Addiction
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...59438813000500

Dead link.
Figures.

what? can you be more coherent?

or are you high? :D

So back to my original point. The only reason you don't think it should be legalized is because its not legal already.

I have stated 5 pages before that I am for decriminalizing pot but I am against glorifying it.
Since then I tend to hesitate on decriminalization issue, because there are too many myths you, potheads, are circulating around :lol:

Then we're good. What you fighting about then?

It is addictive.

23/4 Addiction
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...59438813000500

Dead link.
Figures.

don't lie:

Then we're good. What you fighting about then?

GLORIFICATION.

part of which is a myth about benign nature of cannabinoid addiction and no harm to the human body.
It is harmful as are other substances you have listed.

Dictionary.com:

addict
noun
a person who is addicted to an activity, habit, or substance: a drug addict.

verb (used with object)
to cause to become physiologically or psychologically dependent on an addictive substance, as alcohol or a narcotic.
to habituate or abandon (oneself) to something compulsively or obsessively: a writer addicted to the use of high-flown language; children addicted to video games.

The key word is "dependent".

If you're trying to disingenuously use definition 3, that can apply to any compulsive desire, such as carrot cake. The internet we're posting on is "addictive" in this sense, no doubt more than cannabis.

But that doesn't make it an "addiction".

It is addictive.

Given that 43% of all adult Americans have tried pot and according to the faux "DEA studies" 9% of those are allegedly "addicted" to pot. If you do the math that works out as 3.87% of all Americans are "pot addicts". If you extrapolate that means that there 11.6 million "pot addicts" out there today. That doesn't even pass the Laugh-Out-Loud test when you consider that there are 43.8 million tobacco smokers.

Using any drug for the sole purpose to get high on is a crutch, and I wouldn't endorse it. However the seperation of illicit drugs from the legal ones is political BS. All addictive non essential substantces have deleterious affects by nature. No one can make the argument that cigerettes or alcohol don't have terrible consequences, and to ignore them while making an argument that pot should be illegal because of it's bad effects is luducris; intelectually disingenuous; pathetic. Many drunks are vehemently apposed to weed only because it points the blame away from their devise.

I believe adamantly that each of us is the steward of his, or her body, and we are endowed to do with it as we please. All drugs should be legal. People should be educated, and given the FREEDOM to choose how THEY want to live THEIR lives.

The war on drugs is a miserable failure - it has weakened the country big time, and done nothing to curtail the appetite to get high.

It is tyranny to dictate what others can consume - If they don't victimize you, or put you in harms way - what they do is none of your fucking buisness; get a life!

Pot is a gateway drug. Hell look what it did to this guy:

6a00d8341cc90353ef0105367e6525970b.jpg

Turned him into a raving idiot. A guy with absolutely no brain function. A guy who throws a ball like a girl.

George Bush smoked Alabama Kush....but i guess he is a poor example to counter with.....

are you THAT stupid?

Detroit is plagued by drug gangs and crime is through the roof.

But it has nothing to do with pot, sure :cuckoo:

Probably has

A LOT MORE

to do with Crack, Heroin and Meth than a few stoned hippies watching Sponge Bob and eating twinkies.

You know what crack heads and tweekers and pill poppers have in common???? They ALL smoke pot.

they all smoke cigarettes too and a hell of a lot drink beer....whats your point?....

Forum List

Back