Why I changed my mind on weed

crybabay Pogo is losing it ( without pot) and negging

man up, crybaby :lol:

Legal or not people are going to rape and murder should we decriminalize that?

I know of no one who has been sexually traumatized or killed by tolerating pot smokers.

really? have you checked the trauma statistics? probably not. but those, who survive first and land up in ICU ( no matter what the outcome) often have marijuana in their system detected.

Smoking pot is directly harmful to others.

and they also have the harder drugs or alcohol....so what put them there?....the Pot or one of the others?...

I know it must be a revelation that you can't just make shit up --and accuse others of lying because you fucked up-- and then actually get called on it.

Grow a pair and get used to it.

:crybaby:

Your first post link:
http: // www.usmessageboard.com/politics/politics/ ScienceDirect.com | Search through over 11 million science, health, medical journal full text articles and books. science...59438813000500

Your corrected link:
http: // ScienceDirect.com | Search through over 11 million science, health, medical journal full text articles and books. science/article/pii/S0959438813000500
[/QUOTE]

:crybaby:
crybaby, my link is working. and you can read an abstract there. If you know how to read
and all negging under the sun won't make a man from a loser whiner you are :lol:

Last edited:
so does smoking pot.
it harms others

How?

per second hand smoke and per influence on the pot-smokers brain with the resulting increase in driving problems ( and other, connected to operating machinery).

Pot is directly responsible for the recent accident in Philadelphia where the crane operator was stoned and killed more than 10 people as a result.

that guy had more problems than just Pot....and by the history he had with other drugs he should not have been hired to run the machine......by the way a drunk broadsided a car last week killing the family in the other car coming home from their grandparents....5 people were killed there.....the drunk?.....minor injuries....

It is addictive.

Put the pot aside and try your hardest to comprehend 2 paragraphs in scientific English.
It's hard, but I have trust in you.

blah-blah-blah.

does not change the FACT that pot is harmful and addictive

Current Opinion in Neurobiology

Volume 23, Issue 4, August 2013, Pages 487–492

23/4 Addiction
Molecular mechanisms of cannabinoid addiction
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0959438813000500
Cannabis is the world's most widely used illicit substance, with an estimated number of 119–224 million users worldwide. In recent years we assisted to an increased effort aimed to individuate the brain circuits underlying cannabis addiction and dependence. Similarly to other drugs of abuse, repeated exposure to cannabinoids causes brain neuroadaptations that persist long after drug effects, contribute to the negative affective states during withdrawal, and ultimately facilitate relapse. Recently, considerable progress has been made in understanding the cellular and molecular consequences of prolonged cannabis use, among which is the identification of specific set of transcriptional regulations that develop differently after chronic cannabinoids and in the abstinent brain.

The expression of central cannabinoid (CB1) receptors in tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) containing neurones was demonstrated. Co-localisation was present in different brain areas responsible for reward-related mechanisms. The immunohistochemical investigations have shown that co-localisation is present in parts of mesolimbic-mesocortical dopaminergic system like nucleus accumbens (Nacb), ventral tegmental area (VTA), in the striatum, pyriform cortex, respectively. The results suggest a functional role of CB1 receptors in cannabis addiction by acting directly on reward-related structures.

all true, except there IS some benefit in cancer patients and some other very sick chronic patients with marijuana use. Not in everybody, but SOME.
It's effect on the brain is why the medical sources I read preferred other prescriptions. If you plan to die soon, anything goes. If you plan to live, it's hard to cope with a dependency on a drug that affects drive and cognition. Some free people prefer being in charge of their faculties in sickness and in health. I'm one of them. ;)

Addiction is a state of mind, if the person is susceptible to addiction it can be a wide variety of substances and actions, I know people that smoke pot once a month and some that some all day every day. Weed is not addicting it is the person using it, just as alcohol, food, sex etc. is used in moderation. If you drink more than a six pack of beer a week you are considered addicted..
One aspect of addiction mediation or rehab, is that what they said about addicts and abnormal behavior has changed in the last 35 years. When I was studying it it was Freudian based, today it is not.
I guess it depends on where you went to school. My university had already moved away from Freudian panaceas when I did scholarly pursuit of mind-altering substances.

The only thing different from this set of questions one may ask oneself if he or she thinks he or she were addicted to a substance is that #9 used to be #1 when families were more a part of conventional life. This is not to be construed as a shill for treatment, btw, just as a comparison to what was earlier asked and what one asks oneself now if one thinks one is addicted--i.e., frequency was not mentioned:

(borrowed from The Treatment Center - link)

Do I Have a Problem?

Realizing you have a problem is the first step to recovering from addiction to drugs and alcohol. The next step is to call (561) 253-1550 for help. Ask yourself the following questions to see whether you must make that call. Be honest. We exist to help you reclaim your life, and calling us may well be the right next step for you.
  1. Do you drink alcohol or take drugs every day?
  2. Have you ever missed work because you were using or getting drugs or alcohol? Include those times when you “forgot” work or lost track of time.
  3. Are most of the people you know also in the alcohol or drug scene, and drink or use with you regularly?
  4. Have you ever taken prescription pills in order to get high?
  5. Have you ever tried to stop drugs or drinking, and failed?
  6. Have you taken drugs or drunk so much you’ve blacked out?
  7. When you’ve been drinking or taking drugs, do you feel it necessary to apologize afterward for your behavior?
  8. Do you drink or get high on drugs by yourself?
  9. Have your friends or family ever expressed concerns about your drinking or your drug consumption?
  10. Has your drinking or drug use stopped you from doing things you used to enjoy?
  11. When you wake up, is finding drugs or alcohol the first thing you must do?
A yes answer to one or several of these questions means that you may have an addiction problem. A yes to most of these questions means you definitely need help. So, do not wait—call (561) 253-1550 right away.

So does pot and other illegal narcotics.

Ok. Please explain how I would harm someone by smoking a joint in my front yard.

You harm your family and friends you jackass. The problem with you potheads is your so selfish you never see the harm you do. I grew up with a brother who was a pot head like you and saw the havock it creates on us his family. Pot smokers are selfish pricks who only care about getting high. They dont even care about the danger they put others in when they ALWAYS drive to the store for ice cream and potato chips. They dont care about working while high and putting co workers in harm.... They dont care about stealing to feed their habit. Or just the embarrassment of acting like a total fucking retard. You know why liberals and children like drugs???? Cause it feeds their selfish ego.

yea i knew a bunch of "potheads" too....the majority went on to become pretty dam successful.....the ones who also drank or done speed or coke or whatever else they got their hands on.....not so much.....

Pot smokers are selfish pricks who only care about getting high. They dont even care about the danger they put others in when they ALWAYS drive

sounds more like a drunk or a Coke head or speed freak....

Link in post 347 STILL returns:

Sorry, your request could not be processed because the qualifier of the URL (/science...59438813000500) is incorrect. Please contact the Help Desk if the problem persists.

Lying asshole.

I guess it depends on where you went to school

no it depends what do you study.

Marijuana IS addictive and the molecular mechanism of addiction is already described. It is similar to all other types of addictions. read here:

23/4 Addiction

Cannabis is the world's most widely used illicit substance, with an estimated number of 119–224 million users worldwide. In recent years we assisted to an increased effort aimed to individuate the brain circuits underlying cannabis addiction and dependence. Similarly to other drugs of abuse, repeated exposure to cannabinoids causes brain neuroadaptations that persist long after drug effects, contribute to the negative affective states during withdrawal, and ultimately facilitate relapse. Recently, considerable progress has been made in understanding the cellular and molecular consequences of prolonged cannabis use, among which is the identification of specific set of transcriptional regulations that develop differently after chronic cannabinoids and in the abstinent brain.

The expression of central cannabinoid (CB1) receptors in tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) containing neurones was demonstrated. Co-localisation was present in different brain areas responsible for reward-related mechanisms. The immunohistochemical investigations have shown that co-localisation is present in parts of mesolimbic-mesocortical dopaminergic system like nucleus accumbens (Nacb), ventral tegmental area (VTA), in the striatum, pyriform cortex, respectively. The results suggest a functional role of CB1 receptors in cannabis addiction by acting directly on reward-related structures.

Last edited:
Link in post 347 STILL returns:

Sorry, your request could not be processed because the qualifier of the URL (/science...59438813000500) is incorrect. Please contact the Help Desk if the problem persists.

Lying asshole.

stop LYING. the link IS working.

and for the crybaby libtards like yourself I copied and pasted the text of the abstract.

You see the text HERE, on the board, so stop pretending and learn how to lose,crybaby retard

you can neg me all you wish, won't make you a man instead of a loser.

I have no problem with the medical use of pot for legitimate treatments, in fact I sent the link to my congressman and suggested it may be time to rethink federal law on medical marijuana. I'm still undecided on the recreational use, I don't want anyone out there operating cars or other machinery while their high on anything and it's much harder to test for marijuana impairment than alcohol.

Where has it been proven that pot effects your driving? They once tested people to find a roadside test for marijuana useage. Not one person drove worse and some people drove better. They scrapped the research and attempted to hide the results, until the WHO found out and blew their stacks saying that you cannot hide medical research because you do not like the results.

i bet anyone here who has smoked pot if they were hurt bad enough and needed to get to a hospital 30 miles away and out of the 2 people with them one was drunk and the other had smoked some pot.....i bet i know which one they would want to drive....

Ok. Please explain how I would harm someone by smoking a joint in my front yard.

You harm your family and friends you jackass. The problem with you potheads is your so selfish you never see the harm you do. I grew up with a brother who was a pot head like you and saw the havock it creates on us his family. Pot smokers are selfish pricks who only care about getting high. They dont even care about the danger they put others in when they ALWAYS drive to the store for ice cream and potato chips. They dont care about working while high and putting co workers in harm.... They dont care about stealing to feed their habit. Or just the embarrassment of acting like a total fucking retard. You know why liberals and children like drugs???? Cause it feeds their selfish ego.

most people I know that smoke weed would not eat chips and ice cream and have never stolen anything in their life

yea....all those successful people who indulge are out stealing when they go shopping....

I know of no one who has been sexually traumatized or killed by tolerating pot smokers.

really? have you checked the trauma statistics? probably not. but those, who survive first and land up in ICU ( no matter what the outcome) often have marijuana in their system detected.

Smoking pot is directly harmful to others.

and they also have the harder drugs or alcohol....so what put them there?....the Pot or one of the others?...
Harry, back when I was studying, marijuana was considered a synergist when used in conjunction with alcohol et cetera. The study I mentioned earlier from France in conjunction with pot use replicated what I learned in the 80s--that Pot causes a 3x effect in traffic fatalities. That reinforces what I learned about it slowing reflexes considerably, although we hadn't yet pinpointed the x factor and were using terms like "considerably." Their study included around 1500 subjects who'd been in accidents where a fatality occurred, the difference being dead people aren't great at the interview table, and summary knowledge that is replicated in study after study that are independent of other studies are good indicators of whether the study is universal. Just FWIW.

I have no problem with the medical use of pot for legitimate treatments, in fact I sent the link to my congressman and suggested it may be time to rethink federal law on medical marijuana. I'm still undecided on the recreational use, I don't want anyone out there operating cars or other machinery while their high on anything and it's much harder to test for marijuana impairment than alcohol.

Where has it been proven that pot effects your driving? They once tested people to find a roadside test for marijuana useage. Not one person drove worse and some people drove better. They scrapped the research and attempted to hide the results, until the WHO found out and blew their stacks saying that you cannot hide medical research because you do not like the results.

i bet anyone here who has smoked pot if they were hurt bad enough and needed to get to a hospital 30 miles away and out of the 2 people with them one was drunk and the other had smoked some pot.....i bet i know which one they would want to drive....

neither. wait for the EMTs.

legalized or not, people are going to smoke it. making it ilegal isn't stopping anyone from using it. if nothing else, legalization would take a lot of unnecessary pressure of our court and prison system. not to mention it would cut out an avenue of revenue for gangs and the illegal drug trade. it could even become a much needed source of revenue for the government.

Legal or not people are going to rape and murder should we decriminalize that?

Here are six dead people to disagree.

Crane operator allegedly high on marijuana to be charged with manslaughter in Philly collapse - News Nation - Boston.com

are you THAT stupid?

Detroit is plagued by drug gangs and crime is through the roof.

But it has nothing to do with pot, sure :cuckoo:

Probably has

A LOT MORE

to do with Crack, Heroin and Meth than a few stoned hippies watching Sponge Bob and eating twinkies.

You know what crack heads and tweekers and pill poppers have in common???? They ALL smoke pot.

and they eat food and drink beer....OMG its all connected...

most people I know that smoke weed would not eat chips and ice cream and have never stolen anything in their life
You forget where I work.... I would say 80% of stoned people buy Ice Cream and Potato chips. Thats a observed fact. Most drive after smoking weed as well.

me and my crowd must have been part of the 20% then......i knew no one who said....hey have to go to the store and by ice cream and chips....

It is addictive.

Put the pot aside and try your hardest to comprehend 2 paragraphs in scientific English.
It's hard, but I have trust in you.

blah-blah-blah.

does not change the FACT that pot is harmful and addictive

23/4 Addiction

So you dishonestly misquote what I actually posted and then dredge up some obscure paper from some podunk institution that has not even been peer reviewed as yet. Your actions reek of desperation.

per second hand smoke and per influence on the pot-smokers brain with the resulting increase in driving problems ( and other, connected to operating machinery).

Pot is directly responsible for the recent accident in Philadelphia where the crane operator was stoned and killed more than 10 people as a result.

No, the crane operator is directly responsible. Duh.

POT is directly responsible.

that pothead diminished his cognitive abilities because of the years of pot smoking

and as you he didn't think pot is harmful
what other drugs did the guy do over the years Vox?......lets not forget those....

Forum List

Back