Why I changed my mind on weed

:rolleyes:
pothead, researchers are NOT ONLY medical doctors, duh

most medical doctors are pro-pot as it is a source of income potentially

but medical doctors involved in research ALL agree - pot is detrimental to cognition, can cause psychosis and is in general much more harmful than occasionally beneficial ( in some instances)

I've never witnessed psychosis in pot users, must have been some killer weed, not ditch weed.

you are a pothead, not a researcher or psychiatrist. the link between smoking pot and psychosis and schizophrenia is well established.

and a libtard, so your cognition as a baseline is low :lol:

he is also someone with actual experience Pot vs the prescribed shit.....same thing with Pixi's friend......actual experience..... you have any?....

I've never witnessed psychosis in pot users, must have been some killer weed, not ditch weed.

you are a pothead, not a researcher or psychiatrist. the link between smoking pot and psychosis and schizophrenia is well established.

and a libtard, so your cognition as a baseline is low :lol:

he is also someone with actual experience Pot vs the prescribed shit.....same thing with Pixi's friend......actual experience..... you have any?....

I do not take into consideration anecdotal experience( which means experience of individuals) I take into consideration reliable research ONLY.

and I have stated before that pot use in some medical instances can be beneficial.

still does not change the FACT that it is detrimental to cognitive function and has been shown to have direct influence on psychosis.

Last edited:
Cannabis use is associated with poor outcome in existing schizophrenia and may precipitate psychosis in individuals with preexisting liability. To investigate the overall effect size and consistency of the association between cannabis and psychosis, a meta-analysis from prospective studies was carried out. The pooled odds ratio was 2.1 (95% CI: 1.7–2.5) and could not be explained by confounding or reverse causality. Evidence suggests that cannabis is a component cause in the development and prognosis of psychosis, in which mechanisms of gene-environment interaction are most likely to explain this association.

The Environment and Schizophrenia: The Role of Cannabis Use

Oxford Journals
Medicine
Schizophrenia Bulletin
Volume 31, Issue 3
Pp

how much pot were these people smoking in the study?.....i joint per day?....2?....4?....25?.....it doesnt say....

substantial to be able to evaluate the research papers and understand what is written there.

Your abilities are no better than mine.

much better, which has been proven on this thread as well.
an individual who is considering his sole anecdotal non-evidence vs the research studies - is a proof by itself :lol:

experience is non-evidence?......

I have no problem with the medical use of pot for legitimate treatments, in fact I sent the link to my congressman and suggested it may be time to rethink federal law on medical marijuana. I'm still undecided on the recreational use, I don't want anyone out there operating cars or other machinery while their high on anything and it's much harder to test for marijuana impairment than alcohol.
Please don't expect too much in the order of legalizing the use of medical marijuana, OK Texas. I researched a number of mind-altering substances while doing my studies in the 80s. Pot in particular rended my heart as it got into use by prepuberty children rather quickly in some societies in Central America decades ago. Little boys were affected in their sexual maturation, the younger the worse. Their organs were all but permanently damaged by the fact their testicles did not descend as they do in children not smoking the drug. It also made them regrettable scholars in school due to failure to care whether or not they answered their test scores.

As a matter of fact, the studies I did showed that even back in the 80s, medical drugs of many venues were better than Marijuana, which cleans the clock on human cognition and maturation. Not only that, but it makes people accident-prone, across the board.

In 2005, long after my studies were done, the French came up with a long-term look at marijuana use and fatal accidents that got the world's attention. Here's the long and short of their findings:

WebMD Health News (link to story)

Dec. 1, 2005 - People who drive after using marijuana are nearly twice as likely to be involved in a fatal car crash. French researchers studied all drivers involved in fatal car crashes over a two-year period and found 7% tested positive for marijuana, including nearly 3% who tested positive for a combination of marijuana and alcohol. Although marijuana's share of fatal crashes is much lower than those attributed to alcohol, researchers say the results show that marijuana use, even in low doses, significantly increases the risk of fatal car accidents.
More Pot, More Deaths

In the study, published in the medical journal BMJ, researchers reviewed information on 10,748 drivers who were involved in fatal car crashes and took required tests for drugs and alcohol.

Twice as many drivers involved in fatal car accidents tested positive for marijuana compared with a group of other drivers.

Researchers say about 2.5% of the fatal crashes were attributable to marijuana compared with nearly 29% attributable to alcohol.

The study also showed that drivers who tested positive for marijuana were more than three times as likely to be responsible for the fatal car crash. Researchers say the likelihood of being at fault increased as the blood concentration of marijuana increased.

I hope you will reconsider your position on marijuana. Everything coming from the JAMA quarter in the 80s (I don't know about later) was telling us the consensus of medical people today--marijuana use is bad news, and it's almost never as effective against pain as are a number of prescriptions that may alleviate pain in the same diseases that marijuana growers claim are best alleviated by their sales product.

And because it is so deleterious to younger people's development of brain and genital tissues, it would be far better as completely unavailable on the streets of town and country. :(

lesson learned....you dont drink and drive....you dont smoke and drive....if you do and get caught or kill someone.....you suffer the consequences....

No, the crane operator is directly responsible. Duh.

POT is directly responsible.

that pothead diminished his cognitive abilities because of the years of pot smoking

and as you he didn't think pot is harmful

Ok fine, please explain to me how this plant material got up all by itself and burned itself into smoke and forced it's way into this guys lungs.

I don't get it, but I'm willing to hear you explain to me how POT is directly responsible for this happening.

by impairing the cognitive function.

Your abilities are no better than mine.

much better, which has been proven on this thread as well.
an individual who is considering his sole anecdotal non-evidence vs the research studies - is a proof by itself :lol:

experience is non-evidence?......

it is. because it is anecdotal.

that's why we have scientific research and it has very rigorous framework to be considered valid.

I have no problem with the medical use of pot for legitimate treatments, in fact I sent the link to my congressman and suggested it may be time to rethink federal law on medical marijuana. I'm still undecided on the recreational use, I don't want anyone out there operating cars or other machinery while their high on anything and it's much harder to test for marijuana impairment than alcohol.
Please don't expect too much in the order of legalizing the use of medical marijuana, OK Texas. I researched a number of mind-altering substances while doing my studies in the 80s. Pot in particular rended my heart as it got into use by prepuberty children rather quickly in some societies in Central America decades ago. Little boys were affected in their sexual maturation, the younger the worse. Their organs were all but permanently damaged by the fact their testicles did not descend as they do in children not smoking the drug. It also made them regrettable scholars in school due to failure to care whether or not they answered their test scores.

As a matter of fact, the studies I did showed that even back in the 80s, medical drugs of many venues were better than Marijuana, which cleans the clock on human cognition and maturation. Not only that, but it makes people accident-prone, across the board.

In 2005, long after my studies were done, the French came up with a long-term look at marijuana use and fatal accidents that got the world's attention. Here's the long and short of their findings:

WebMD Health News (link to story)

Dec. 1, 2005 - People who drive after using marijuana are nearly twice as likely to be involved in a fatal car crash. French researchers studied all drivers involved in fatal car crashes over a two-year period and found 7% tested positive for marijuana, including nearly 3% who tested positive for a combination of marijuana and alcohol. Although marijuana's share of fatal crashes is much lower than those attributed to alcohol, researchers say the results show that marijuana use, even in low doses, significantly increases the risk of fatal car accidents.
More Pot, More Deaths

In the study, published in the medical journal BMJ, researchers reviewed information on 10,748 drivers who were involved in fatal car crashes and took required tests for drugs and alcohol.

Twice as many drivers involved in fatal car accidents tested positive for marijuana compared with a group of other drivers.

Researchers say about 2.5% of the fatal crashes were attributable to marijuana compared with nearly 29% attributable to alcohol.

The study also showed that drivers who tested positive for marijuana were more than three times as likely to be responsible for the fatal car crash. Researchers say the likelihood of being at fault increased as the blood concentration of marijuana increased.

I hope you will reconsider your position on marijuana. Everything coming from the JAMA quarter in the 80s (I don't know about later) was telling us the consensus of medical people today--marijuana use is bad news, and it's almost never as effective against pain as are a number of prescriptions that may alleviate pain in the same diseases that marijuana growers claim are best alleviated by their sales product.

And because it is so deleterious to younger people's development of brain and genital tissues, it would be far better as completely unavailable on the streets of town and country. :(

ok so we dont let kids smoke pot.....
ok so we don't let people smoke and drive, we make laws like drinking and driving.

Ok this whole post of your was fucking stupid.

Cannabis use is associated with poor outcome in existing schizophrenia and may precipitate psychosis in individuals with preexisting liability. To investigate the overall effect size and consistency of the association between cannabis and psychosis, a meta-analysis from prospective studies was carried out. The pooled odds ratio was 2.1 (95% CI: 1.7–2.5) and could not be explained by confounding or reverse causality. Evidence suggests that cannabis is a component cause in the development and prognosis of psychosis, in which mechanisms of gene-environment interaction are most likely to explain this association.

The Environment and Schizophrenia: The Role of Cannabis Use

Oxford Journals
Medicine
Schizophrenia Bulletin
Volume 31, Issue 3
Pp

how much pot were these people smoking in the study?.....i joint per day?....2?....4?....25?.....it doesnt say....
It is a meta-analysis of ALL the studies done up to the date - so it considers them all. and all the modes of use.

here is a FULL TEXT of the meta-analysis - that might answer some of your questions
http://schizophreniabulletin.oxfordjournals.org/content/31/3/608.full

if is still opens the abstract only up on the right is the link to full text for free

Last edited:

that pothead diminished his cognitive abilities because of the years of pot smoking

Ok fine, please explain to me how this plant material got up all by itself and burned itself into smoke and forced it's way into this guys lungs.

I don't get it, but I'm willing to hear you explain to me how POT is directly responsible for this happening.

Sorry but if you honestly believe a plant form can perform the labor required to form itself into a joint, and light itself, and force you to smoke it into your lungs, you have been doing to many drugs. Plants are not capable of doing these things. Hell dogs can't even make a joint let alone plants. The only thing capable of cultivating weed converting it to a joint and smoking it is humans. That you think the weed itself is capable of doing these things is just plain silly.

really? have you checked the trauma statistics? probably not. but those, who survive first and land up in ICU ( no matter what the outcome) often have marijuana in their system detected.

Smoking pot is directly harmful to others.

and they also have the harder drugs or alcohol....so what put them there?....the Pot or one of the others?...
Harry, back when I was studying, marijuana was considered a synergist when used in conjunction with alcohol et cetera. The study I mentioned earlier from France in conjunction with pot use replicated what I learned in the 80s--that Pot causes a 3x effect in traffic fatalities. That reinforces what I learned about it slowing reflexes considerably, although we hadn't yet pinpointed the x factor and were using terms like "considerably." Their study included around 1500 subjects who'd been in accidents where a fatality occurred, the difference being dead people aren't great at the interview table, and summary knowledge that is replicated in study after study that are independent of other studies are good indicators of whether the study is universal. Just FWIW.

Becki like drinking.....if you are going to smoke some Pot....stay out of the car until you are no longer high...otherwise you suffer the consequences of your actions....but like i said earlier.....no way to call an ambulance and i was hurt and could not drive but had to get to a hospital and out of the 2 people left to drive,one was drunk,the other smoked some pot....i throw the keys to the person who smoked....

Sorry but if you honestly believe a plant form can perform the labor required to form itself into a joint, and light itself, and force you to smoke it into your lungs, you have been doing to many drugs. Plants are not capable of doing these things. Hell dogs can't even make a joint let alone plants. The only thing capable of cultivating weed converting it to a joint and smoking it is humans. That you think the weed itself is capable of doing these things is just plain silly.

what this gibberish is about?

pot causes cognitive impairment which directly causes mistakes in operating machinery. What is there so hard to understand?

Where has it been proven that pot effects your driving? They once tested people to find a roadside test for marijuana useage. Not one person drove worse and some people drove better. They scrapped the research and attempted to hide the results, until the WHO found out and blew their stacks saying that you cannot hide medical research because you do not like the results.

i bet anyone here who has smoked pot if they were hurt bad enough and needed to get to a hospital 30 miles away and out of the 2 people with them one was drunk and the other had smoked some pot.....i bet i know which one they would want to drive....

neither. wait for the EMTs.

ok i should have said cell phones dont work were you are at.....now who do you throw the keys too?...

and they also have the harder drugs or alcohol....so what put them there?....the Pot or one of the others?...
Harry, back when I was studying, marijuana was considered a synergist when used in conjunction with alcohol et cetera. The study I mentioned earlier from France in conjunction with pot use replicated what I learned in the 80s--that Pot causes a 3x effect in traffic fatalities. That reinforces what I learned about it slowing reflexes considerably, although we hadn't yet pinpointed the x factor and were using terms like "considerably." Their study included around 1500 subjects who'd been in accidents where a fatality occurred, the difference being dead people aren't great at the interview table, and summary knowledge that is replicated in study after study that are independent of other studies are good indicators of whether the study is universal. Just FWIW.

Becki like drinking.....if you are going to smoke some Pot....stay out of the car until you are no longer high...otherwise you suffer the consequences of your actions....but like i said earlier.....no way to call an ambulance and i was hurt and could not drive but had to get to a hospital and out of the 2 people left to drive,one was drunk,the other smoked some pot....i throw the keys to the person who smoked....

the problem is - you can measure the results of the alcohol intake and the charges of DIU can be applied. So far we do not have a reliable and speedy at the scene methods to measure the results of cannabinoid intoxication.

i bet anyone here who has smoked pot if they were hurt bad enough and needed to get to a hospital 30 miles away and out of the 2 people with them one was drunk and the other had smoked some pot.....i bet i know which one they would want to drive....

neither. wait for the EMTs.

ok i should have said cell phones dont work were you are at.....now who do you throw the keys too?...

I would not trust EITHER.

walk to the nearest available phone.

Legal or not people are going to rape and murder should we decriminalize that?

I know of no one who has been sexually traumatized or killed by tolerating pot smokers.

Here are six dead people to disagree.

Crane operator allegedly high on marijuana to be charged with manslaughter in Philly collapse - News Nation - Boston.com

you are like truth matters....she showed that L.A. Times article about blacks and voting till she wore it out.....

pot causes cognitive impairment which directly causes mistakes in operating machinery. What is there so hard to understand?

the mistake is operating a crane while really stoned..it takes a lot of weed in any regular user to have noticeable effects on ones ability to operate machinary

I believe the analogy would be:
"the gun didn't shoot itself".

IOW the idea of banning cannabis is as authoritarian as the idea of banning guns.

And incidentally, liar...
You're trying to use as your evidence a story containing the keyword "allegedly".

Last edited:
Harry Dresden, are you trying to prove cannabinoid intoxication is not impairing your performance with manipulating the machinery?

then you are wrong - it does.

what other drugs did the guy do over the years Vox?......lets not forget those....

it does not matter. at the moment he was high on pot.

pot impairs the cognitive functioning severely.
yes it does....because you said...."that pothead diminished his cognitive abilities because of the years of pot smoking".....so how about all the meth and Heroin and Coke the guy did all those years?....they had no effect?.....or did they have more?....

Forum List

Back