Why I changed my mind on weed

Harry, back when I was studying, marijuana was considered a synergist when used in conjunction with alcohol et cetera. The study I mentioned earlier from France in conjunction with pot use replicated what I learned in the 80s--that Pot causes a 3x effect in traffic fatalities. That reinforces what I learned about it slowing reflexes considerably, although we hadn't yet pinpointed the x factor and were using terms like "considerably." Their study included around 1500 subjects who'd been in accidents where a fatality occurred, the difference being dead people aren't great at the interview table, and summary knowledge that is replicated in study after study that are independent of other studies are good indicators of whether the study is universal. Just FWIW.

Becki like drinking.....if you are going to smoke some Pot....stay out of the car until you are no longer high...otherwise you suffer the consequences of your actions....but like i said earlier.....no way to call an ambulance and i was hurt and could not drive but had to get to a hospital and out of the 2 people left to drive,one was drunk,the other smoked some pot....i throw the keys to the person who smoked....

the problem is - you can measure the results of the alcohol intake and the charges of DIU can be applied. So far we do not have a reliable and speedy at the scene methods to measure the results of cannabinoid intoxication.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6gLrnJxS8c]How high is too high? KIRO tests pot-smoking drivers to find out - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry but if you honestly believe a plant form can perform the labor required to form itself into a joint, and light itself, and force you to smoke it into your lungs, you have been doing to many drugs. Plants are not capable of doing these things. Hell dogs can't even make a joint let alone plants. The only thing capable of cultivating weed converting it to a joint and smoking it is humans. That you think the weed itself is capable of doing these things is just plain silly.

what this gibberish is about?

pot causes cognitive impairment which directly causes mistakes in operating machinery. What is there so hard to understand?

the mistake is operating a crane while really stoned..it takes a lot of weed in any regular user to have noticeable effects on ones ability to operate machinary

the problem is - you can not reliably measure how much is too stoned - as there is no method yet developed.

it may take a lot of weed fro one person and will have the effect of the totaly stoned after one joint on the other.
as does the amount of alcohol - it depends on the person

Cannabis use is associated with poor outcome in existing schizophrenia and may precipitate psychosis in individuals with preexisting liability. To investigate the overall effect size and consistency of the association between cannabis and psychosis, a meta-analysis from prospective studies was carried out. The pooled odds ratio was 2.1 (95% CI: 1.7–2.5) and could not be explained by confounding or reverse causality. Evidence suggests that cannabis is a component cause in the development and prognosis of psychosis, in which mechanisms of gene-environment interaction are most likely to explain this association.

The Environment and Schizophrenia: The Role of Cannabis Use

Oxford Journals
Medicine
Schizophrenia Bulletin
Volume 31, Issue 3
Pp

how much pot were these people smoking in the study?.....i joint per day?....2?....4?....25?.....it doesnt say....
It is a meta-analysis of ALL the studies done up to the date - so it considers them all. and all the modes of use.

here is a FULL TEXT of the meta-analysis - that might answer some of your questions

if is still opens the abstract only up on the right is the link to full text for free

More desperation from Vox. The estimated total population of people with schizophrenia is about 1% in the USA. That is across the entire age spectrum. Assuming that 43% of adults used pot then obviously you are going to find a correlation between schizophrenics and people who have tried pot. The conclusion that one induced the other is not a given since these are people with a genetic disposition to schizophrenia anyway.

Becki like drinking.....if you are going to smoke some Pot....stay out of the car until you are no longer high...otherwise you suffer the consequences of your actions....but like i said earlier.....no way to call an ambulance and i was hurt and could not drive but had to get to a hospital and out of the 2 people left to drive,one was drunk,the other smoked some pot....i throw the keys to the person who smoked....

the problem is - you can measure the results of the alcohol intake and the charges of DIU can be applied. So far we do not have a reliable and speedy at the scene methods to measure the results of cannabinoid intoxication.

oh, please, stop this BS.

another youtube :lol:

there is NO RELIABLE SCIENTIFICALLY proven method to measure the effects.

it is YOU who are abusing it and try to lie that pot does not cause damage, when presented with direct facts, you are twisting them with "responsible usage"

Pot is harmful.

Period

and yet you havent proven it yet.....period.....

yes, I did.

numerous times.

read the links.

so if you show 5 links saying Pot is harmful.....and i show 5 saying it aint.....who is right?.....

how much pot were these people smoking in the study?.....i joint per day?....2?....4?....25?.....it doesnt say....
It is a meta-analysis of ALL the studies done up to the date - so it considers them all. and all the modes of use.

here is a FULL TEXT of the meta-analysis - that might answer some of your questions

if is still opens the abstract only up on the right is the link to full text for free

More desperation from Vox. The estimated total population of people with schizophrenia is about 1% in the USA. That is across the entire age spectrum. Assuming that 43% of adults used pot then obviously you are going to find a correlation between schizophrenics and people who have tried pot. The conclusion that one induced the other is not a given since these are people with a genetic disposition to schizophrenia anyway.

this study is outdated...I posted one from 2012 ..saying it improves congestive function in schizophrenics

one more stoned libtard arrived.

I know it is hard for you to understand the scientific text, but if you stop stoning yourself, you might improve your cognition up to the needed level.

Then you're admitting your attempt to build a case based on a crane operator -- allegedly stoned or not-- is bullshit.

What a surprise.

this study is outdated...I posted one from 2012 ..saying it improves congestive function in schizophrenics

your study is useless.

this is META ANALYSIS, not a case study :lol:

if you know the difference

Now there’s a new meta-analysis of 10 studies in Schizophrenia Bulletin. The statistical review involved data on 572 patients, and found that on average people with schizophrenia who had a history of smoking marijuana had better cognitive functioning on multiple tests. More surprisingly, the research found that the earlier the patients started smoking, the better their cognitive functioning. One study included in the analysis even found that more frequent marijuana use was linked with improved mental functioning.

Read more: Does Marijuana Improve Schizophrenics' Mental Function? | TIME.com

Then you're admitting your attempt to build a case based on a crane operator -- allegedly stoned or not-- is bullshit.

What a surprise.

crybaby loser, you don't have any say here.

go neg me in despair, liar :lmao:

Now there’s a new meta-analysis of 10 studies in Schizophrenia Bulletin. The statistical review involved data on 572 patients, and found that on average people with schizophrenia who had a history of smoking marijuana had better cognitive functioning on multiple tests. More surprisingly, the research found that the earlier the patients started smoking, the better their cognitive functioning. One study included in the analysis even found that more frequent marijuana use was linked with improved mental functioning.

TIME magazne as an article :lmao:

your study is useless.

this is META ANALYSIS, not a case study :lol:

if you know the difference

lol..you remind me of a child that learned a new word

What a surprise.

crybaby loser, you don't have any say here.

go neg me in despair, liar :lmao:

Sure it is.
If there's "no reliable scientifically proven method" to measure the effects, then there's "no reliable scientifically proven method" to determine that it was a factor with the crane operator.

Since the crane operator's alleged high was your basis of the "evil weed", that point crumbles to the ground. QED.

:dig:

Last edited:

Besides the fact that pot has a much lower impairment on driving skills than alcohol there is nothing preventing a field sobriety test from being performed. If you fail that you are DUI.

you are a pothead, not a researcher or psychiatrist. the link between smoking pot and psychosis and schizophrenia is well established.

and a libtard, so your cognition as a baseline is low :lol:

he is also someone with actual experience Pot vs the prescribed shit.....same thing with Pixi's friend......actual experience..... you have any?....

I do not take into consideration anecdotal experience( which means experience of individuals) I take into consideration reliable research ONLY.

and I have stated before that pot use in some medical instances can be beneficial.

still does not change the FACT that it is detrimental to cognitive function and has been shown to have direct influence on psychosis.

does not the researcher take into consideration how the person responds to what he is studying?....now bear with me here.....if you knew 4-5 people who smoked pot for years,and in your presence many a time......and an anti drug person showed you "reefer madness".... would you think the movie is depicting reality?....

TIME magazne as an article :lmao:

TIME...is reporting on meta-analysis done by schizophrenic journals you really make no sense

Cannabis use is associated with poor outcome in existing schizophrenia and may precipitate psychosis in individuals with preexisting liability. To investigate the overall effect size and consistency of the association between cannabis and psychosis, a meta-analysis from prospective studies was carried out. The pooled odds ratio was 2.1 (95% CI: 1.7–2.5) and could not be explained by confounding or reverse causality. Evidence suggests that cannabis is a component cause in the development and prognosis of psychosis, in which mechanisms of gene-environment interaction are most likely to explain this association.

Oxford Journals
Medicine
Schizophrenia Bulletin
Volume 31, Issue 3
Pp

i did not see anything saying how much was smoked per day.....the reason i am asking is because there was one study i saw which the amount smoked was equal to 10 joints per day!.....who does that?....this one researcher was thinking that pot smokers are like Cigarette smokers.... which meant he was rather clueless about those he was studying....

Harry, back when I was studying, marijuana was considered a synergist when used in conjunction with alcohol et cetera. The study I mentioned earlier from France in conjunction with pot use replicated what I learned in the 80s--that Pot causes a 3x effect in traffic fatalities. That reinforces what I learned about it slowing reflexes considerably, although we hadn't yet pinpointed the x factor and were using terms like "considerably." Their study included around 1500 subjects who'd been in accidents where a fatality occurred, the difference being dead people aren't great at the interview table, and summary knowledge that is replicated in study after study that are independent of other studies are good indicators of whether the study is universal. Just FWIW.

im sure they are working on it.....

Forum List

Back