Why I changed my mind on weed

so far proven by medical research FACTS are

1. Pot severely impairs cognitive function
2. Pot provokes psychosis in susceptible individuals
3. Pot has some medicinal use in some clinical scenarios.
4. Level of cannabinoid intoxication can not yet be measured "in the field"

doe not look very positive facts generally.

PsychosisShare on facebookShare on twitter
Psychosis is a loss of contact with reality that usually includes:

False beliefs about what is taking place or who one is (delusions)
Seeing or hearing things that aren't there (hallucinations)
Causes
A number of medical problems can cause psychosis, including:

Alcohol and certain illegal drugs, both during use and during withdrawal
Brain diseases, such as Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease, and certain chromosomal disorders
Brain tumors or cysts
Dementia (including Alzheimer's disease)
HIV and other infections that affect the brain
Some prescription drugs, such as steroids and stimulants
Some types of epilepsy
Stroke

the pot is the reason the person is impaired.

now, how difficult is it to understand?

No. The reason he is impaired is because he used the pot. How difficult is that to understand? The pot is not the reason. The douche would likely have just used a different drug if pot were not available.

pot IS the reason of cognitive impairment. It CAUSES cognitive impairment. And he used it because it causes it - to feel high.
what are you actually trying to prove? that pot is not going to be charged, but the user? well, duh.
the problem is how to reliably measure the extent of the impairment to be able to file charges.

No. Pot is not the reason of cognitive impairment. Using pot can cause cognitive impairment if used incorrectly. The reason for cognitive impairment would be a reaction by the body to an incorrect use of the plant. Pot is just a plant. There are thousands of plants who's use can lead to cognitive impairment.

Subject verb. A person can do a thing. Pot can't. The use of pot can.

You appear to be focused on this particular case and for some reason want to blame pot for what this guy did.

That would be like blaming corn for a drunk who killed a kid by driving drunk after drinking to much whiskey. Let's ban corn, some drunk killed a kid.

Antidepressant Side Effects Cause Psychosis
I recently came across this article stating that people were experiencing such powerful drug side effects from antidepressants (like Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil and others) that hundreds of thousands of Americans were being locked up in psychiatric institutions every year as a direct result of psychosis caused by the drugs themselves. So these drugs actually caused insanity instead of curing depression!

I was a little skeptical at first. So I did a some research of my own. Turns out, they were right: Psychiatric drug side effects are causing people to go insane. In fact, they are being effected so much that they are being sent to mental institutions for treatment.

I found that there have been more than one study where it was shown that hundreds of thousands of Americans are placed into a psychiatric hospital every year because of side effects from their antidepressants. Keep in mind that these people were actually made insane by the psychiatric drugs they were taking. These drugs were supposed to treat them and instead made them require being locked up in a psychiatric hospital.

http://psychrights.org/Research/Digest/AntiDepressants/DrJackson/Preda2001.pdf

WSJ.com[/url]

more journalist gibberish.

there is a reliable proven connection.
from your previous source :

there is also evidence that cannabis use prior to illness onset is “causally” related to the development of subsequent psychosis in vulnerable individuals.62–64 Similarly, several recent systematic reviews have indicated that cannabis may double the risk of later developing a psychotic illness and that this association is dose dependent.34,63,65

Still, the data do suggest that there is a subgroup of people with a family history of schizophrenia who appear to develop the disorder earlier if they smoke cannabis. It’s possible that these people would gain years of mental health if they simply avoided marijuana. It’s also true, in general, that heavy cannabis users with schizophrenia have more hospitalizations, suggesting a worsening of function.

no it is not...there is much more to learn

yes, it is.

there is also evidence that cannabis use prior to illness onset is “causally” related to the development of subsequent psychosis in vulnerable individuals.62–64 Similarly, several recent systematic reviews have indicated that cannabis may double the risk of later developing a psychotic illness and that this association is dose dependent.34,63,65

there is much to learn, but it still does not change the fact that pot severely impairs cognitive function in healthy individuals, and especially in adolescents.

So far proven by FACTS based upon Vox's posts are;

1. Obsession about pot has severely impaired Vox's cognitive function
2. Obsession about pot has provoked psychosis in Vox
3. Vox has become "addicted" to faux "DEA studies"
4. Level of Vox's intoxication regarding his pot obsession can not yet be measured "in the field"

:D

Antidepressant Side Effects Cause Psychosis

what do antidepressants have to do with pot?

they are grossly overused and over-prescribed. and they severely impact brain functioning as well ( as they interfere with mediators).

but that has nothing to do with pot causing psychosis in susceptible individuals and pot impairing cognitive function

there are numerous substances and medications which interfere with brain physiology.

does not change anything in relation to cannabinoid intoxication.

4. Level of Vox's intoxication regarding his pot obsession can not yet be measured "in the field"

personal attacks as the last resort of a board loser unable to read and comprehend.

well, there is even a lower level - as demonstrated by pogo :lol:

No. The reason he is impaired is because he used the pot. How difficult is that to understand? The pot is not the reason. The douche would likely have just used a different drug if pot were not available.

pot IS the reason of cognitive impairment. It CAUSES cognitive impairment. And he used it because it causes it - to feel high.
what are you actually trying to prove? that pot is not going to be charged, but the user? well, duh.
the problem is how to reliably measure the extent of the impairment to be able to file charges.

No. Pot is not the reason of cognitive impairment. Using pot can cause cognitive impairment if used incorrectly. The reason for cognitive impairment would be a reaction by the body to an incorrect use of the plant. Pot is just a plant. There are thousands of plants who's use can lead to cognitive impairment.

yes, it is.

there is no such thing as using pot correctly. it impairs cognitive function at any dose.

without ability to measure the impairment on the particular individual.

There are thousands of plants who's use can lead to cognitive impairment.

which does not change the fact that pot impairs cognitive functioning as well.
without a reliable measurement of the degree of impairment.

all right, potheads, I have to leave you now. enjoy your joints.

yes, it is.

there is no such thing as using pot correctly. it impairs cognitive function at any dose.

without ability to measure the impairment on the particular individual.
Really?
hempuses.jpg

personal attacks as the last resort of a board loser unable to read and comprehend.

That was satirical rewrite of what you posted. As for "personal attacks" you have been quite liberal when it comes to calling other posters "liars" throughout this thread so claiming victimhood at this juncture is disingenuous at best.

I would not trust EITHER.

walk to the nearest available phone.

who you?.....if you are to fucked up to drive you are going to walk.....30 miles nearest city...i did say that right?.....

no, you did not.

your scenario was that you have two guys - one drunk and one stoned and whom would you trust to drive to the hospital.

I said - neither. wait for EMTs.

then you added absence of a cell phone.

I said - walk to the nearest phone.

then you changed the scenario one more time - it is a middle of nowhere.

If this is a middle of nowhere and they are alone and they need to get to the hospital - I do not care WHO is going to drive - because if something happens - that is just THEM, they would not have influence on anybody.

Now, what piece are you going to change NOW? :)

i did say in the very first time you are 30 miles from a city....so figure it out about walking to a phone......but either way.....im sure if you had any brains....you would want the guy who smoked a joint over the guy who drank a six pack to get you there....

Take a look at Washington and Colorado, the expected taxes aren't happening.

maybe because the expectant increase in smoking the stuff did not happen....

Not a factor. In Washington they separated categories of medical marijuana which is not taxed because it is a medicine, and recreational marijuana which is heavily taxed. Predictably, the users got medical marijuana cards, or still patronized illegal dealers.

In Colorado the costs of regulation are just outweighing the taxes collected partly because not everyone buys from legal outlets.

what taxes?.....
in Colorado Katz they have yet to approve a sales tax rate for the stuff.....they do that this Nov.....that could be a factor....no taxes yet....no revenue from it yet........

You mean like calling someone a drug addict?
I am glad you can admit to being a board loser.

That was satirical rewrite of what you posted. As for "personal attacks" you have been quite liberal when it comes to calling other posters "liars" throughout this thread so claiming victimhood at this juncture is disingenuous at best.

I mentioned getting morphine when I had a concussion and he called me an OxyContin addict. So the irony of his post is hilarious.

Forum List

Back