Why I don't believe in God

My pray to God don't help me so I say go away from my life my voices. I can stop them alone.

A person who hears "voices" is a person with a disintegrated mind. Yes, you alone can stop the voices. You must first accept that the voices come from parts of your own subconscious mind and like any thought that may arise it is up to you to either accept the intrusion or reject it.

To become well you must sort through the clutter of your own mind and clean house. Keep the thoughts that are good, and throw away the worthless thoughts that are causing you distress. Take control of your own thoughts and your own conscious mind. You must decide what to think about and what to ignore, what is true and what is false.

No one can do it for you.

That is certainly not true. Schizophrenics can find relief from medications to control their symptoms, so he should go see a psychiatrist. Also, getting to the root of the problem is important. That is not very easy to do when you are a mentally disturbed person, and your advice could actually put someone (or the poster) in danger.

My pray to God don't help me so I say go away from my life my voices. I can stop them alone.

A person who hears "voices" is a person with a disintegrated mind. Yes, you alone can stop the voices. You must first accept that the voices come from parts of your own subconscious mind and like any thought that may arise it is up to you to either accept the intrusion or reject it.

To become well you must sort through the clutter of your own mind and clean house. Keep the thoughts that are good, and throw away the worthless thoughts that are causing you distress. Take control of your own thoughts and your own conscious mind. You must decide what to think about and what to ignore, what is true and what is false.

That is certainly not true. Schizophrenics can find relief from medications to control their symptoms, so he should go see a psychiatrist. Also, getting to the root of the problem is important. That is not very easy to do when you are a mentally disturbed person, and your advice could actually put someone (or the poster) in danger.

Sure medications can be helpful to 'control symptoms' but all the medication in the world cannot deal with the underlying issues of a thought disorder. If you gave anyone enough drugs they could be turned into a zombie but is that really an improvement for the person?

How could me telling someone that they need to excert a force of will to either reject the thoughts that make them uncomfortable and keep the thoughts that are good put anyone in danger when their current state of mental disarray and uncontrolled imagination and incoherent thinking is a very real danger that they are already in?

I told him the 'voices' are coming from his own mind. Was that putting him in danger?

Would a psychiatrist ever tell him that his beliefs about God, voices, demons etc., are part of the problem?

Sure medications can be helpful to 'control symptoms' but all the medication in the world cannot deal with the underlying issues of a thought disorder. If you gave anyone enough drugs they could be turned into a zombie but is that really an improvement for the person?

How could me telling someone that they need to excert a force of will to either reject the thoughts that make them uncomfortable and keep the thoughts that are good put anyone in danger when their current state of mental disarray and uncontrolled imagination and incoherent thinking is a very real danger that they are already in?

I told him the 'voices' are coming from his own mind. Was that putting him in danger?

Would a psychiatrist ever tell him that his beliefs about God, voices, demons etc., are part of the problem?

I think he needs to be advised to seek professional help and internet amateurs shouldn't be trying to diagnose or prescribe treatments.

I think he needs to be advised to seek professional help and internet amateurs shouldn't be trying to diagnose or prescribe treatments.

I can appreciate where you are coming from Chris and I understand your point of view. However I am not someone who thinks that only psychiatrists can be helpful to the mentally ill because only they can legally prescribe medication.

I neither diagnosed or prescribed anything other than suggesting that he needs to sort through the clutter in his head in order to take control over his own mind. Was that wrong? Do you think that he doesn't?

You have diagnosed that he is mentally ill but how much is your conclusion based on his garbled sentences? Did you include in your speculations the fact that he is not speaking in his native tongue?

Are you a psychiatrist?

Aside from all of that what psychiatrist would you refer him to that would deal with the root of his problem of disassociating his own thoughts into 'voices' by telling him that it is directly related to religious indoctrination that teaches a person to believe in superstitious delusions and reject rational thought as if was an internal demonic attack from an external disembodied entity effectively setting the mind against itself until it crashes?

Last edited:

I can appreciate where you are coming from Chris and I understand your point of view. However I am not someone who thinks that only psychiatrists can be helpful to the mentally ill because only they can legally prescribe medication.

I neither diagnosed or prescribed anything other than suggesting that he needs to sort through the clutter in his head in order to take control over his own mind. Was that wrong? Do you think that he doesn't?

You have diagnosed that he is mentally ill but how much is your conclusion based on his garbled sentences? Did you include in your speculations the fact that he is not speaking in his native tongue?

Are you a psychiatrist?

Aside from all of that what psychiatrist would you refer him to that would deal with the root of his problem of disassociating his own thoughts into 'voices' by telling him that it is directly related to religious indoctrination that teaches a person to believe in superstitious delusions and reject rational thought as if was an internal demonic attack from an external disembodied entity effectively setting the mind against itself until it crashes?

Most psychiatrists will do a combination of therapy and meds. Meds are very good at controlling things like hearing voices and other effects of schizophrenia. They stabilize the mood.

I'm not a psychiatrist, but I am a certified medical assistant and I know enough to know that armchair psychiatrists shouldn't be giving advice to the mentally ill. It could in fact be very dangerous.

Demonic attack? I don't buy it.

Seriously?

Is it not true that if any Catholic, for instance, who has crisis of faith and begins to doubt whether Jesus was an edible god or not, wouldn't any priest tell them that they are under a demonic attack or being tested by the devil?

If an orthodox Jew was having a crisis of faith doubting whether they could become holy by eating or abstaining from certain food wouldn't they be told that they are battling an evil inclination to rebel against the laws of God?

Are you a psychiatrist?

Most psychiatrists will do a combination of therapy and meds. Meds are very good at controlling things like hearing voices and other effects of schizophrenia. They stabilize the mood.

I'm not a psychiatrist, but I am a certified medical assistant and I know enough to know that armchair psychiatrists shouldn't be giving advice to the mentally ill. It could in fact be very dangerous.

Almost everyone posting on this board is mentally ill to one degree or another. And I agree that medication is invaluable to the person who is having an acute episode and freaking out about losing control of their own mind, but if all you have to suggest to an anonymous person in a mostly unknown mental state on a message board is to go see a psychiatrist, you might as well tell them fuck you.

There is always danger associated with revealing the truth. The greatest danger is always for the one who speaks it.

Are you a psychiatrist?

Almost everyone posting on this board is mentally ill to one degree or another. And I agree that medication is invaluable to the person who is having an acute episode and freaking out about losing control of their own mind, but if all you have to suggest to an anonymous person in a mostly unknown mental state on a message board is to go see a psychiatrist, you might as well tell them fuck you.

There is always danger associated with revealing the truth. The greatest danger is always for the one who speaks it.

Of course that is what you should suggest. Don't try to be an armchair psychiatrist! You don't have the knowledge to do that.

Are you a psychiatrist?

Of course that is what you should suggest. Don't try to be an armchair psychiatrist! You don't have the knowledge to do that.

Speak for yourself. Of course you have no way of knowing what knowledge training or real life experience that I have had in dealing with the mentally ill.

Are you a psychiatrist?

Speak for yourself. Of course you have no way of knowing what knowledge training or real life experience that I have had in dealing with the mentally ill.

Well, why don't you share then? No reputable psychiatrist would attempt to diagnose or treat a patient based on a couple of postings on the internet.

Are you a psychiatrist?

Well, why don't you share then? No reputable psychiatrist would attempt to diagnose or treat a patient based on a couple of postings on the internet.

Ahem.....What clinical diagnosis did I make or dangerous treatment did I prescribe?

I think you're nuts.

Ahem.....What clinical diagnosis did I make or dangerous treatment did I prescribe?

I think you're nuts.

You told the poster that he could control it himself with his own willpower, and anyone with any kind of experience in psychiatry knows that is not the case. Now just knock the shit off. You obviously don't know what you're talking about. This person should be encouraged to seek out professional treatment.

I think you're nuts.

You told the poster that he could control it himself with his own willpower, and anyone with any kind of experience in psychiatry knows that is not the case. Now just knock the shit off. You obviously don't know what you're talking about. This person should be encouraged to seek out professional treatment.

I told him that he needs to exert a force of will to gain control over his own mind. Whoop di doo.

Do you know of a pill that can accomplish that?

You should take it.

I think you're nuts.

I told him that he needs to exert a force of will to gain control over his own mind. Whoop di doo.

You should take it.

I think you're the one who needs to take something, seeing as how upset you seem to be. The bottom line here, if someone seems to be suffering from a mental illness, it is not your place to try to advise them. You don't know what you're talking about, correct? Do you have a degree in psychiatry?

I think you're nuts.

You should take it.

I think you're the one who needs to take something, seeing as how upset you seem to be. The bottom line here, if someone seems to be suffering from a mental illness, it is not your place to try to advise them. You don't know what you're talking about, correct? Do you have a degree in psychiatry?

I am not upset about anything. Maybe you are?

You keep accusing me of trying to play the role of a psychiatrist but I have not diagnosed or prescribed anything to any patient.

You are the one who has determined that the poster was so messed up that it was dangerous for me to to suggest a little self control.

Are you a psychiatrist?

I think you're nuts.

You should take it.

You keep accusing me of trying to play the role of a psychiatrist but I have not diagnosed or prescribed anything to any patient.

You are the one who has determined that the poster was so messed up that it was dangerous for me to to suggest a little self control.

Are you a psychiatrist?

Yes you did though. You are telling the poster that he can overcome mental illness by "thinking it away." That is very bad advice. Just don't do it.

I think you're nuts.

You should take it.

Are you a psychiatrist?

Are you a psychiatrist? I already answered your question. Did you forget already?

I think you're nuts.

You should take it.

Are you a psychiatrist?

Are you a psychiatrist? I already answered your question. Did you forget already?

LOL... Slow down.... You didn't even offer me a drink.

I reserve personal, confidential, and classified information only for the people who bother to know me personally.

Forum List

Back