Why I don't believe in God

IMO, believing or not believing in God is beside the point.

What is it that gives your life a positive forward direction? That's more the issue.
Instead of worrying about why we are here , a question we may never answer, try to give your life purpose. You can make this world a better place just by being nice.

It is the least I can do. And don't ever let it be said I didn't at least do the least I could do.

I would love to give the generations after us more cures, less poverty, a greener planet, a great standard of living and quality of life, a less corrupt government, less war, less bullies, less crime, affordable healthcare for all.

No God necessary to want to do the right thing. In fact many theists don't want to do the right thing.
Great post. I'm inviting you to take a look at the thread on Recovery in the Health and Lifestyle forum.

He is not "nice" at all. Lol. He's kind of a jerk actually.
Just because I'm honest and tell you that you are 48, not 38? I thought I was just being captain obvious.

What is it that gives your life a positive forward direction? That's more the issue.
Instead of worrying about why we are here , a question we may never answer, try to give your life purpose. You can make this world a better place just by being nice.

It is the least I can do. And don't ever let it be said I didn't at least do the least I could do.

I would love to give the generations after us more cures, less poverty, a greener planet, a great standard of living and quality of life, a less corrupt government, less war, less bullies, less crime, affordable healthcare for all.

No God necessary to want to do the right thing. In fact many theists don't want to do the right thing.
Great post. I'm inviting you to take a look at the thread on Recovery in the Health and Lifestyle forum.

Don't believe him and don't fall for his garbage. He is another internet troll, though a bit more mild than some of the others. :)
Why, because you got mad when I defended someone else you were being very mean to? Bonzi? You said you were going to block me. I saw you did not block me but I didn't reply to you once trying to purposely stay away from your bitch ass. Then today you kind of broke the truce in this thread. So I win by the way. I didn't reply to you once, you replied to me. LOL. I knew you loved me. But I also see you are still pouting. Difference between real life and here is you can't use your vagina to make me say sorry. I don't care that you are a pretty little girl on here.

And it is sad we can't get along because religiously and politically we agree on a lot of shit. The only time we ever butt heads is when you are being a bitch or narcissist.

And I see your posts all the time. I see very little difference between what you post and what I post. You like to be shocking, blunt and unapologetic, me too. So what makes me a troll and you not a troll?
I think you're attracted to her.

Don't believe him and don't fall for his garbage. He is another internet troll, though a bit more mild than some of the others. :)
Why, because you got mad when I defended someone else you were being very mean to? Bonzi? You said you were going to block me. I saw you did not block me but I didn't reply to you once trying to purposely stay away from your bitch ass. Then today you kind of broke the truce in this thread. So I win by the way. I didn't reply to you once, you replied to me. LOL. I knew you loved me. But I also see you are still pouting. Difference between real life and here is you can't use your vagina to make me say sorry. I don't care that you are a pretty little girl on here.

And it is sad we can't get along because religiously and politically we agree on a lot of shit. The only time we ever butt heads is when you are being a bitch or narcissist.

And I see your posts all the time. I see very little difference between what you post and what I post. You like to be shocking, blunt and unapologetic, me too. So what makes me a troll and you not a troll?

He's weird. He is always harassing me.

She knows that. Then she freaks out when I don't kiss her ass like all the other guys in her real life who let her win arguments all the time because they are trying to get in her pants. I know I'll never get in her pants so I tell her like it is.

It's funny you will notice she likes telling it like it is but not hearing it like it is.

He's weird. He is always harassing me.
I haven't responded to you once since that one day until I just saw you warning people about me. Maybe I should start warning people about you. Would you like that or would you threaten to block me again?

You should have blocked me. I blocked an asshole and I guess he says shit to me all the time but I wouldn't know it because I don't see his stupid replies.

Don't know why you broke the truce dummy.

He is just another internet whacko. Lol. This place is infested with them. When I first started posting here, he would harass me, try to tell me I looked like I was 50 years old, and other such things. Lol. Obviously, he is a nut bar.

These are the types of people I avoid.

He is just another internet whacko. Lol. This place is infested with them. When I first started posting here, he would harass me, try to tell me I looked like I was 50 years old, and other such things. Lol. Obviously, he is a nut bar.

Go cook your rabbit Glenn Close.

Chris and I dated for a bit but it ended very badly

upload_2016-4-7_15-37-35.jpeg

And don't worry Dhara. As long as you aren't a total bitch like ChrisL we will get along just fine. It's why she's a lonely spinster in her late 40's.

And don't worry Dhara. As long as you aren't a total bitch like ChrisL we will get along just fine. It's why she's a lonely spinster in her late 40's.
I like Chris a lot.

And notice once you start you can't stop. So forget about talking about god. It's ChrisL time.

Toby Keith wrote this song about you

I like Chris a lot.
So did I.

I like Chris a lot.

Again, like I told you, he is another weirdo. He has harassed me from day 1, and I didn't even know who he was. He is just NOT a good person, IMO. :) A person who has some serious issues.

I like Chris a lot.

Again, like I told you, he is another weirdo. He has harassed me from day 1, and I didn't even know who he was. He is just NOT a good person, IMO. :) A person who has some serious issues.
He doesn't bother me, Chris. Maybe he's got a crush or something.

Go ahead and believe in your gods. What the hell do I care? I'll just go on thinking you are silly and brainwashed.

You obviously care quite a bit, judging by the inordinate amount of time you're spending here on two God threads, arguing as fast as your fingers can type for countless hours, days on end.

It's funny how your reasoning always boils down to people being silly and brainwashed. You can't support your arguments, you can't offer any credible evidence to support your claims, and you just continue to repeat the same shit over and over as you bash and trash those who disagree. You've stopped even trying to pretend to be objective.
Well you think you make these gotcha aha points but they are all fatally flawed. You think because "so far" we've always been spiritual that this proves something. It doesn't.

And of course we believe in "something greater than self" but the fact is you think it's a God and I think it's the universe itself.

You think there is something greater than the universe even though you don't know exactly what it is or what it can do. You believe in the unknown.
I'm not making anything but logical points you can't refute. You consistently fail to point out flaws. I'm pointing out logical flaws in your arguments. Indeed, many people do spiritually connect with the universe... I don't have a problem with that as long as you understand a physical universe, according to physics, math and logic, cannot create itself.

Well no it's not and you haven't proven that with any evidence.

If, as you claim, we are "distressed about death" and we have superior intellect.... things with less superior intellect should be even more distressed because they would understand it even less. But we don't see apes and chimps having nervous breakdowns because they know they will die one day. Your hypothesis is without support.

It's also not "wishful thinking" or it wouldn't exist in a creature of our superior intellect. What fundamental purpose does a wishful thought serve? If there were no intrinsic value we would have discarded the behavior as useless. Any living organism we have ever studied has behavioral attributes for a reason. Trivial and meaningless behavior doesn't exist as a fundamental attribute of anything. So now, this hypothesis of yours, which you've failed to support with logic or science, actually contradicts what we observe in nature.
A. You are just smart enough to invent God and at the same time dumb enough to believe it. But not smart enough to see how and why humans made it up.

Your logic isn't logical.

And why can't you see what purpose wishful thinking serves? Ever hear ignorance is bliss?

Not to mention it's been forced on us for thousands of years. Notice during the great Enlightenment Period science advanced when religion stopped fighting it.

Ignorance is bliss is certainly not wishful thinking. You're contradicting your own argument. On one hand you're claiming we were so distressed about dying that we invented some imaginary placebo to console our fears, then claim we are blissful in ignorance... which one is it?

You can't force anyone to be spiritually connected any more than you can force someone not to be, it's a conscious choice made by the individual. What I notice in the great enlightenment period is the people who were most influential were very spiritual... Isaac Newton, for example. As for your other stupid point about being less spiritual today, you're wrong. About 90% of our species is spiritual now, just as it was in the 1500s, just as it was 70,000 B.C. There is no change.

Going back to your "Point A" above... so you think we are smart enough to invent something but too stupid to understand it was an invention? How does that even make rational sense?

If, as you claim, we are "distressed about death" and we have superior intellect.... things with less superior intellect should be even more distressed because they would understand it even less. But we don't see apes and chimps having nervous breakdowns because they know they will die one day. Your hypothesis is without support.

It's also not "wishful thinking" or it wouldn't exist in a creature of our superior intellect. What fundamental purpose does a wishful thought serve? If there were no intrinsic value we would have discarded the behavior as useless. Any living organism we have ever studied has behavioral attributes for a reason. Trivial and meaningless behavior doesn't exist as a fundamental attribute of anything. So now, this hypothesis of yours, which you've failed to support with logic or science, actually contradicts what we observe in nature.
A. You are just smart enough to invent God and at the same time dumb enough to believe it. But not smart enough to see how and why humans made it up.

And why can't you see what purpose wishful thinking serves? Ever hear ignorance is bliss?

Not to mention it's been forced on us for thousands of years. Notice during the great Enlightenment Period science advanced when religion stopped fighting it.

Ignorance is bliss is certainly not wishful thinking. You're contradicting your own argument. On one hand you're claiming we were so distressed about dying that we invented some imaginary placebo to console our fears, then claim we are blissful in ignorance... which one is it?

You can't force anyone to be spiritually connected any more than you can force someone not to be, it's a conscious choice made by the individual. What I notice in the great enlightenment period is the people who were most influential were very spiritual... Isaac Newton, for example. As for your other stupid point about being less spiritual today, you're wrong. About 90% of our species is spiritual now, just as it was in the 1500s, just as it was 70,000 B.C. There is no change.

Going back to your "Point A" above... so you think we are smart enough to invent something but too stupid to understand it was an invention? How does that even make rational sense?
Just because people are spiritual doesn't mean they believe in God or think the God concept makes any sense.

Both. We invented god and heaven to make us happy. God doesn't actually exist so ignorance is bliss. You have a hard time with the most basic of thoughts.

fcc6bcf24a29f7805b7b36a18b6c5bf26abfb411_hq.jpg

Just because people are spiritual doesn't mean they believe in God or think the God concept makes any sense.
Absolutely true.

Forum List

Back