Why I listen to Conservative Talk Radio

I once fired my house painter for blasting Rush Limbaugh into my home office.
wow, such hate

No. I had a counseling pracitce in my home and the painter was blasting Rush spewing hate. I put a stop to it. I was certainly not going to pay the painter for being so rude and interfering with my business.
you mean you couldnt have just asked him to turn off the radio?
you had to fire the guy?
thats hate to me

You must not listen to Limbaugh.
i have, but not every day
and i havent ever heard hate come from Rush
but to each his own
Thursday Quotes: A Lovable Little Fuzzball
October 9, 2008
"I call Obama a squirrel. What's a squirrel? Nothing but a rat with better PR."

"The Lucifer Effect by Philip Zimbardo" (The Lucifer Effect by Philip Zimbardo)
Dehumanization

At the core of evil is the process of dehumanization by which certain other people or collectives of them, are depicted as less than human, as non comparable in humanity or personal dignity to those who do the labeling. Prejudice employs negative stereotypes in images or verbally abusive terms to demean and degrade the objects of its narrow view of superiority over these allegedly inferior persons. Discrimination involves the actions taken against those others based on the beliefs and emotions generated by prejudiced perspectives.

Dehumanization is one of the central processes in the transformation of ordinary, normal people into indifferent or even wanton perpetrators of evil. Dehumanization is like a cortical cataract that clouds ones thinking and fosters the perception that other people are less than human. It makes some people come to see those others as enemies deserving of torment, torture, and even annihilation.

I listen to NPR almost exclusively. Thing is (Jesus, I should sponsor them) I just can't. The Pew Hispanic fund. Despite the fact I don't support their objectives, legally or morally. Then there
is the GAY and Lesbian fund of Colorado. Contributes to NPR richly here in Colorado. I get the spin they make every day. It isn't freedom of speech if it is propaganda, what can I SAY? You can do it here, too here on the USMB.

You must not listen to Limbaugh.
but to each his own
Thursday Quotes: A Lovable Little Fuzzball
October 9, 2008
"I call Obama a squirrel. What's a squirrel? Nothing but a rat with better PR."

"The Lucifer Effect by Philip Zimbardo" (The Lucifer Effect by Philip Zimbardo)
Dehumanization

At the core of evil is the process of dehumanization by which certain other people or collectives of them, are depicted as less than human, as non comparable in humanity or personal dignity to those who do the labeling. Prejudice employs negative stereotypes in images or verbally abusive terms to demean and degrade the objects of its narrow view of superiority over these allegedly inferior persons. Discrimination involves the actions taken against those others based on the beliefs and emotions generated by prejudiced perspectives.

Dehumanization is one of the central processes in the transformation of ordinary, normal people into indifferent or even wanton perpetrators of evil. Dehumanization is like a cortical cataract that clouds ones thinking and fosters the perception that other people are less than human. It makes some people come to see those others as enemies deserving of torment, torture, and even annihilation.
yeah, says the one with a massive obsession with rush
LOL

but to each his own

Yeah, feminazi isn't hateful.

"Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream."
Rush Limbaugh
no, i dont see that as hate
i see it as a JOKE
Only because you are not honest enough to admit it is RIDICULE!

Rule 5: Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It’s hard to counterattack ridicule, and it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.

November 11, 2009
RUSH: I think that's the fastest way to persuade people, you know, is to ridicule and make fun of the people that you're having problems with.

May 14, 2007
RUSH: Everything we did about Clinton was humorous. It had a political point. We were making fun of and laughing.

January 24, 2007
RUSH: One of the techniques that Alinsky has advocated be used against people you need to destroy is ridicule, because there's no response to it. When you get ridiculed and made fun of, that's the toughest thing to have a response because everybody's laughing at you... In order to execute the strategeries and the policies of Saul Alinsky, you cannot have a soul, you cannot have a conscience, because your sole objective is to destroy people and ruin them.

June 23, 2008
RUSH: Ronald Reagan said, "Just laugh at 'em, just laugh at 'em and just ridicule it,"

July 23, 2010
CALLER:* So many kids think that being liberal is cool and hip and whatever.* What can we do to combat that?

RUSH: Now, what can you do about kids who think that being liberal is cool? What can you do to combat it?* Laugh at them.* Mock them.* Make fun of them.

CALLER: (chuckles)

RUSH: Ridicule is the single greatest rapier.* Ridicule is the single best way to embarrass somebody and get other people laughing at them.* Whatever you do, do not be defensive.* Don't let them set the agenda. Don't let them let you always be reacting or responding to what they do.* Be on offense. Be assertive. Be confident.* If they say something you disagree with, laugh at them, tell 'em you feel sorry for them.

wow, such hate

No. I had a counseling pracitce in my home and the painter was blasting Rush spewing hate. I put a stop to it. I was certainly not going to pay the painter for being so rude and interfering with my business.
you had to fire the guy?
thats hate to me

You think so? What makes you think I hadn't asked him to lower the volume on the radio. I have a right to be at peace in my home and office.

Last edited:
you had to fire the guy?
thats hate to me

You think so? What makes you think I hadn't asked him to lower the volume on the radio. I have a right to be at peace in my home and office.
you didnt SAY you had asked him to turn it off

if you had said you asked him to turn it off and he refused, then you were well within your rights

Last edited:
i thought people listened to conservative talk radio beacuse they were incapable of independent thought and felt it easier to have their opinions given to them

Most people like listening to it because it gives us the other side of the story.....not just the MSM's version of it.....mainly because what we hear everyday is nonsense.

It's pretty much the reason the left wants to shut it down....because they don't like opposing viewpoints.

Last edited:
i thought people listened to conservative talk radio beacuse they were incapable of independent thought and felt it easier to have their opinions given to them

Most people like listening to it because it gives us the other side of the story.....not just the MSM's version of it.....mainly because what we hear everyday is nonsense.

It's pretty much the reason the left wants to shut it down.

Yeah, that's the claim that everyone makes. Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh make a shitload of money by making you guys afraid of everything.

Yeah, that's the claim that everyone makes. Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh make a shitload of money by making you guys afraid of everything.

Its not just the fear of everything, but making the listeners think they are victims.

And then finding the most defenseless members of society to blame

Well, those on the left basically want to scare their base about all things Republican, Libertarian, Conservative and anyone opposing them. That's the majority of what people do on progressive radio and tv. That's all Olbermann, Malloy and Ed Schultz do.

Last edited:
you had to fire the guy?
thats hate to me

if you had said you asked him to turn it off and he refused, then you were well within your rights

I was well within my rights whether you think so or not. How would you like to be blasted with hate when you're trying to counsel someone?

Last edited:

I was well within my rights whether you think so or not. How would you like to be blasted with hate when you're trying to counsel someone?
not the way you said it the first time
but oh well
i have no desire to argue with you over this

Well you were within your rights but you're still pretty much a loony A*shole for reacting in such a hateful & deranged fashion. The guy was definitely better off for getting the h*ll out of there. Yuze a real loony toonz. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
I have no regrets about it. Not all conservatives are racist, misogynist, bigoted and homophobic but Rush is.

"Limbaugh once told a black caller: "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back." A decade ago, after becoming nationally syndicated, he mused on the air: "Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2549

Last edited:

Well you were within your rights but you're still pretty much a loony A*shole for reacting in such a hateful & deranged fashion. The guy was definitely better off for getting the h*ll out of there. Yuze a real loony toonz. :cuckoo:
when you hire someone to do a job, and you ask them to turn off the radio, then they should turn off the radio
not doing so is stupid of them

Blasting racist crap from your radio in a mixed neighborhood is rude and insensitive.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back